Installing the base Mods and Tools :

Installing Oblivion not in C:\program files... 

OBSE, Pluggy, MenuQue.....

Nude bodies, Skeleton, BBB Animation , ..

archive invalidate

load order

Read my yellow Link below ( it is about the same as the LAPF install instructions but but more detailed )

Yes, yes. All of that has been done, yet I still am unable to load to the main menu.

Yes, yes. All of that has been done, yet I still am unable to load to the main menu.

Do you use an interface mod, like darN ?

In my experience, not being able to get to the main menu usually means that one of the UI mods isn't properly configured : incorrect font declarations, corrupted or missing xml files, etc.

Remove all your UI mods (the ones which have xml files in the .\data\menus folder). Rename your Oblivion.ini file to something else, so that the game can recreate it from scratch. Launch the game.

Do you still have the same issue ?

Do you use an interface mod, like darN ?

In my experience, not being able to get to the main menu usually means that one of the UI mods isn't properly configured : incorrect font declarations, corrupted or missing xml files, etc.

Remove all your UI mods (the ones which have xml files in the .\data\menus folder). Rename your Oblivion.ini file to something else, so that the game can recreate it from scratch. Launch the game.

Do you still have the same issue ?

Would that still apply if the game runs just fine once I remove LAPF?

It sounds like your problem lies with trying to use wrye bash to install the LAPF.  The LAPF works perfectly fine with manual installation.  I don't know what else to tell you.

Out of curiosity, is there a specific reason that I SHOULDN'T install LAPF with Wrye Bash? As near as I can tell, it's saved me a lot of headaches on installs and removals of the mod.

I have a couple of questions that I have been puzzling my mind at. First, my oblivion works perfectly on windows 8, yet instantly crashes upon starting it on windows 7 even after deleting all traces of it from my computer, using a non-steam version, and installing outside of the steamapps folder. I've had no luck whatsoever running it on windows 7 leading me to believe the game hates that OS, I might be completely wrong on the topic however and anything in the right direction would be appreciated.

My other questions stems from the version which I can run. I recently installed all manner of mods to my win8 Oblivion install, including all the prerequisites to LAPF, however, once in game I come accross the message stating that OBSE wasnt intalled, which I have, including pluggy, Ellys, etc. I have the OBSE directory in my data folder.

Another piece of info my install of Oblivion on win8 is in the default steam install directory.

I've also had no problems with it crashing whatsoever.

I have a couple of questions that I have been puzzling my mind at. First, my oblivion works perfectly on windows 8, yet instantly crashes upon starting it on windows 7 even after deleting all traces of it from my computer, using a non-steam version, and installing outside of the steamapps folder. I've had no luck whatsoever running it on windows 7 leading me to believe the game hates that OS, I might be completely wrong on the topic however and anything in the right direction would be appreciated.

My other questions stems from the version which I can run. I recently installed all manner of mods to my win8 Oblivion install, including all the prerequisites to LAPF, however, once in game I come accross the message stating that OBSE wasnt intalled, which I have, including pluggy, Ellys, etc. I have the OBSE directory in my data folder.

Another piece of info my install of Oblivion on win8 is in the default steam install directory.

Regarding OBSE not installed messages, Make sure you've got the following files in the Oblivion folder (not Oblivion/Data)

obse_1_2_416.dll

obse_editor_1_2.dll

obse_loader.exe

obse_steam_loader.dll

It sounds like your problem lies with trying to use wrye bash to install the LAPF.  The LAPF works perfectly fine with manual installation.  I don't know what else to tell you.

Out of curiosity, is there a specific reason that I SHOULDN'T install LAPF with Wrye Bash? As near as I can tell, it's saved me a lot of headaches on installs and removals of the mod.

Only that you can't seem to make it work by using Wrye. Manual installation (following the instructions I have written) has worked for thousands of folks.

I don't know that Wrye is the culprit, but I also don't know what else to tell you either.

Regarding OBSE not installed messages, Make sure you've got the following files in the Oblivion folder (not Oblivion/Data)

obse_1_2_416.dll

obse_editor_1_2.dll

obse_loader.exe

obse_steam_loader.dll

And make sure you have followed the OBSE Steam installation instructions properly. If OBSE isn't running, none of your mods will work worth a damn and you will most likely CTD.

Windows 7 is not the issue. I ran Oblivion on Win7 with and without steam. I promise you the OS isn't the culprit here.

obse_1_2_416.dll

obse_editor_1_2.dll

obse_loader.exe

obse_steam_loader.dll

I've checked and all the files are there, do I reinstall obse again?

Re-installing isn't going to help you if you checked and they are in the right location.

Are we talking about the steam version of the game or the non-steam?

How do you start the game?

Did you follow these?

Steam version install instructions:

IF YOU ARE USING THE STEAM VERSION OF OBLIVION:

1. Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_steam_loader.dll and the Data folder to your Oblivion directory. This is usually "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion".

2. Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load. Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam Community In-Game".

3. Launch Oblivion via Steam or by running Oblivion.exe. OBSE will automatically be run along with Oblivion when launched. To disable this, rename or move obse_steam_loader.dll. You do not need to use obse_loader.exe unless you are running the editor.

Can't help you with mod organizer. You need to follow the install and use instructions I posted above.

Then check the mod organizer instructions for how to use with the steam version.

It is clear that you are doing something wrong and OBSE isn't being run.

There is no reason not to install LAPF (or LAPF mods) with Wrye Bash, except that :

1/ you need to keep the two files after your bashed patch (unmerged) :

- <LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp>

- <LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp>

There is no way around that. It's also recommended to keep <LoversMB2.esp> after it, which implies that most LAPF mods will not be merged.

There are a couple of reasons for that, but I don't think they're worth elaborating. Even if one is a die-hard Wrye Bash user like me (and maybe you), there is usually no benefit whatsoever to merge them, and has the potential to confuse people. The way it's recommended to do now works for everyone, with instructions that I think are crystal clear.

2/ you can chose not to follow instructions or advice by people like Greg, Fejeena or LAPF mod authors on this board, but then you have to realize that you're on your own. I have several LAPF mods under/before my bashed patch, like <LBGW> and <PlayerSlaveEncounters>, so that some of their features can be merged (NPC heads, weapon stats, weather or lighting in to their cells, etc.), but that's because I investigated them carefully through <xEdit>, set the proper bash tags, and double-checked everything again once in game. Is it worth it ? For me, yes, for the average user, doubtful.

If there are conflicts, the best is to provide feedback to mod authors here on LL so that they can fix their mods, or release compatibility patches. They are usually keen on keeping their mods the most enjoyable for everyone.

Finally, I've learned to consider LAPF mods as a category apart in my modding process. Some of them are still being rather frequently updated, some of them have very special requirements and would never work smoothly if they didn't have absolute overriding priority, some of them are added or removed from my load order rather often, depending on my mood or type of playthrough, so it's a good thing to have them at the end of the "queue". BOSS not properly supporting LAPF (for various reasons) without a custom userlist manager doesn't help new users either.

LAPF is a very complex framework on its own. Add <Tamago/Hiyoko> to the equation, maybe <LoversCreatures> and mods that have the potential to break everything in the MQ (like slave mods), and you can see where this is going if everyone didn't abide by some rules edicted for some well-needed sanity.

All bodies use the same Skeleton.

And you need the LAFP Skeleton ! NO OTHER ! LAPF works only with the LAPF Skeleton ! And DMRA Body works with the LAPF Skeleton.

Before you install a Body or BBB clothes-armor Mod  check first if a Skeleton is inside and delete it. Do not overwrite your LAPF Skeleton ! ! !