[WIP] SexLab Mind control device.. with a twist

I started working on a mind control circlet ... partly as a modding exercise and partly as a tool to experiment with follower behaviors.

I was surprised I could not find a proper mind-control device for NPCs. There are plenty of spells out there, as well as bat files to turn NPCs into followers but nothing like a device. So I made my own.

I still have to flesh things out a bit but the principle is working.

So far I have:

- an ancient circlet with mind control powers

- slip it in an NPC's inventory to change their disposition towards you (works great with Gift Giving mods or with a reverse robbery using Sexlab Defeat)

- if they have the necessary mechanics, they will turn into instant followers

- the circlet gives you a custom 'surprise me' options (where the NPC will try to please you in surprising ways)

- the circlet also comes with a safety mechanism. It will return to you automatically if the current host is dead (and it will have a chance of returning to you if the host is bleeding out). This complicates things as the NPC will return to their former self and leave your service if they lose the circlet (originally, I wanted to have the circlet jump from host to host as they are weakened, but it was too hard to stop combat and manage factions reliably, so it will return to you for now).

One disappointment was to find out it is apparently not possible to change the Confidence of an essential NPC (other than hard coded with the editor). This means you can give the circlet to Ysolda and make her a follower for instance, but she will remain cowardly and flee any form of combat.

My plans are to test this more, wrap it in a small quest, and release it if anyone wants to play with it.

I am already planning on future compatibility with Actors Events and Sanguine Debauchery 2 when it becomes available.

So far, requirements are SexLab and Zaz Animation Framework.

Some ideas in progress to make things more interesting:

The circlet will assert its power over the host with time. The longer it stays in place on an NPC, the harder it will be for that NPC to lose the circlet. This will trigger an essential status as well as perks and side effects (the NPC could become hostile if you remove the circlet to give it to someone else or the will keep some residual change if you remove the circlet after a while).... think of it as a drug :)

I am looking for ideas for the 'surprise me' option. 'Doable ideas' I should add. I would love to have an NPC fetch you gold or hunt for you by themselves, but that will be very difficult to implement based on my understanding of the editor (if possible at all).

What would you like to see an NPC do for you under mind control?

Right now, that option is more of a place holder. The NPC will undress, kneel or have sex with you randomly but that is not the point. I really would like to use this as an occasion to add unique and potentially dangerous actions (for the player... to add some tension when selecting the option). 

Any thoughts? interest? am I wasting my time?

(I already did waste 3 hours last night fixing missing dialogues before remembering the stupid Dialogue bug and SEQ files).

post-159469-0-19675400-1379453248_thumb.jpg

I'm also unsure whats possible but iv recently got back into using the Frostfall and Realistic needs and diseases. Would you be able to have followers go cook you filling meals? I think once these mods are installed it should modify vanilla food to work (fill you up).

I am pretty sure I cannot add dynamic AI packages to NPCs (if there is a way, I would love to know).

That said, I can look into enabling Marriage behaviors without having to do the whole ceremony thing. I am already forcing them to be followers, it would be interesting to force them to treat you as a spouse as well.

Thanks for the idea :)

Added to SexLab Index under Modder's Resources and Relevant Development Threads

As with any mind control, especially in the Doctor Who sense if you've seen the episode where half the population with blood type A gets mind controled, they cannot be force to do things that would threaten their "existance"--their life basically like telling them to jump off a ten story building they won't do that. So you can use that as an excuse for not being able to change their battle confidence.

And besides, if you are going to use a mind control device, mind you this is the SexLab section of the forums, you're going to use it for other purposes.

But it's nice to see the mind control, without the use of player-casted spells, and still be somewhat lore-friendly.

The circlet will assert its power over the host with time. The longer it stays in place on an NPC, the harder it will be for that NPC to lose the circlet. This will trigger an essential status as well as perks and side effects (the NPC could become hostile if you remove the circlet to give it to someone else or the will keep some residual change if you remove the circlet after a while).... think of it as a drug :)

I am looking for ideas for the 'surprise me' option. 'Doable ideas' I should add. I would love to have an NPC fetch you gold or hunt for you by themselves, but that will be very difficult to implement based on my understanding of the editor (if possible at all).

What would you like to see an NPC do for you under mind control?

Right now, that option is more of a place holder. The NPC will undress, kneel or have sex with you randomly but that is not the point. I really would like to use this as an occasion to add unique and potentially dangerous actions (for the player... to add some tension when selecting the option). 

Any thoughts? interest? am I wasting my time?

(I already did waste 3 hours last night fixing missing dialogues before remembering the stupid Dialogue bug and SEQ files).

As for the questions part.

1. I think that initially when you remove the circlet the npc would go unconcious for a while, as a result of hte enchantment being dispelled, and they would later wake up. But they wouldn't be aggressive to you unless you attack them as the enchantment that had mind controlling properties is probably fairly potent enough to screw with memories.

2. I personally thing that more rudimentary things would be great for mind control, apart from the sex, you could tell them to go cook something for you (like in spouse dialogue just change the words a bit like "Go fetch me some food, servant!) or tell them to do chores around the house (they start sweeping/cooking). You could also tie in other mods like the prostitution mods that are currently available (just make it a separate plugin so modders aren't forced to use the certain mod) so you can make your mind-controled npc a hooker to get some gold for you.

3. what i said for #2

Good ideas :) Keep them coming!

I like the idea of more diverse reactions to having the circlet removed, like unconscious or bleedout effect.

Mundane tasks is exactly what I had in mind when I asked for feedback. Sex is too obvious - I want to make it fun and useful, and at the same time, risky after a while.

I will not touch the prostitution side as it is handled beautifully by Radiant Prostitution. Just give your NPC a tavern wench outfit and watch her go. I may add a way to get a tavern outfit if you need one, or get a more reliable cut of the profit. I don't want to add too many dependencies but i can at least make it friendly to other mods.

About the confidence thing, would you be able to solve that issue by having the circlet also apply a custom Rally/Courage effect to keep them from fleeing?

I thought of that, but I have yet to find a reliable way to force an NPC to equip the circlet.

The mind control effect is triggered by container event - so the NPC only has to carry it to be affected.

If I find a good way to force them to equip it, I will add a courage effect as a perk.

You attach a dynamic AI package to a NPC by linking the AI Package to a running quest and then linking the NPC to that package through the quest.

You should also be able to script a confidence change using the ActorRef.ForceAV("Confidence",NewConfidenceValue) function. Note that as of Skyrim 1.7 that will not work for any actor marked as a child though, Bethesda was evidently pretty upset with the guy who spawned 50 children as followers and let them swarm a dragon.

You attach a dynamic AI package to a NPC by linking the AI Package to a running quest and then linking the NPC to that package through the quest.

You should also be able to script a confidence change using the ActorRef.ForceAV("Confidence",NewConfidenceValue) function. Note that as of Skyrim 1.7 that will not work for any actor marked as a child though, Bethesda was evidently pretty upset with the guy who spawned 50 children as followers and let them swarm a dragon.

Thanks for the hint about AI packages linked to quests. I didn't notice that was possible.

I did try 'ActorRef.ForceAV("Confidence",NewConfidenceValue)' - both from the script attached to the circlet itself and from the script attached to the reference alias of the host. Both failed. The values just don't change. I read in one of the forums that ForceAV doesn't work for essential NPCs.

Thanks for the hint about AI packages linked to quests. I didn't notice that was possible.

I did try 'ActorRef.ForceAV("Confidence",NewConfidenceValue)' - both from the script attached to the circlet itself and from the script attached to the reference alias of the host. Both failed. The values just don't change. I read in one of the forums that ForceAV doesn't work for essential NPCs.

There's also a SetAV function so maybe it will work where ForceAV won't.

There's also a SetAV function so maybe it will work where ForceAV won't. 

I believe I tried that too and it didn't work... I will try again just in case.

I also added a courage spell as a failsafe in case their confidence cannot be changed from 0.

I added a few more options to the 'surprise me' topic:

- Like a spouse, the NPC will give you a meal or gold.... randomly in this instance.

- You will also get a bonus if you sleep in the same 'marriage' house (and a different bonus if you sleep somewhere else)

- The NPC will also occasionally heal you during battle (still working out the balance there).

I do seem to have a problem with my topics / dialogues. For some reason, I cannot add more than one branch to my topics. Anything past what I already have come up with the 'topic' textbox grayed out and no option to add more topic.

If that rings a bell to anyone, I would be grateful for some pointers.

Until that is resolved, I will shove everything into the same 'surprise me' bag.

For now, more testing, some additional scripting and a first release around the weekend I hope.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5VBWWFThZ8

Skyrim Creation Kit Add Custom NPC Dialogue Tutorial 

Thanks... I will take a look.

The mod is coming along nicely.

I found a nice way to add the circlet in a lore-friendly way.

I also set up better behavior and fixed a few bugs, but a couple of serious bugs still remain.

One is that I cannot add new topic dialogues past the first two I added for some reason. Hopefully the video above will help.

The other is that some NPCs refuse to become followers. I can't find a pattern between NPCs who do follow and those who don't (when I give then the right factions that is). 

One the one hand, that adds a little bit of uncertainty to the act of mind control, which is nice.

On the other, I would like to understand why some NPCs refuse to follow when they have the right voice and the right factions set up.

I added some features:

- if you leave the circlet on a victim long enough, they will remain potential followers after you remove the circlet. After enough time, they will remain marriage material and essential. You should even be able to remove the circlet and find a new victim while keeping the old victim as a follower or spouse.

Remove the circlet too early and their original disposition is restored (eventually, with side effects)

- occasionally, the NPC will heal you in combat (the circlet wants to preserve your slave you see)

- sleeping with your slave in your house will give you the same effect as sleeping with a spouse. Sleeping anywhere else will give you a 'resist frost' effect (for Frostfall users) since they are keeping you warm.

It would be nice if it could also affect the player, even if its in lesser degrees. Such as a flag, if you are wearing it, that has more immoral NPCs order the PC around. Or even an NPC that tries to trick the PC into wearing it, as a gift or 'quest reward', and then can basically serve as the PCs master. Nothing as indepth as SD or anything. They would just, perhaps, take a certain amount of gold and such from the PC, and use their body.

Its a great idea, I would just personally like to see something that a less assertive/controlling PC might do, as I generally do play submissive characters. 

It would be nice if it could also affect the player, even if its in lesser degrees. Such as a flag, if you are wearing it, that has more immoral NPCs order the PC around. Or even an NPC that tries to trick the PC into wearing it, as a gift or 'quest reward', and then can basically serve as the PCs master. Nothing as indepth as SD or anything. They would just, perhaps, take a certain amount of gold and such from the PC, and use their body.

Its a great idea, I would just personally like to see something that a less assertive/controlling PC might do, as I generally do play submissive characters. 

I need to think about a clever way to implement something like this. Losing Gold will not work as you can easily get it back from the NPC (and Gold is not that hard to make in the game anyway).

Dom NPCs are hard to do since in the end, their AI is still fairly limited.

That will be a little easier to do when SD2 is available, but even then, you will have to be careful of the choice of NPC or things will get boring quickly.

Right now, I am implementing a spell available when the player is wearing the circlet to scan for potential followers, detect-life style. The reason why some NPCs refuse to become followers still eludes me (although I have found some interesting comments online about the potential causes).

post-159469-0-70208500-1379597870_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to drop by and say this project seems freaking awesome. I'll definitely be following this thread to see how it comes along. My only suggestion for you is to find a unique look for the circlet, if either you or somebody else would be willing to make it.

Just wanted to drop by and say this project seems freaking awesome. I'll definitely be following this thread to see how it comes along. My only suggestion for you is to find a unique look for the circlet, if either you or somebody else would be willing to make it.

I am using this puppy so far: Aetherial crown replacer

I would welcome any suggestion for something better... I like the blueish effect across the gems on this one.

Getting closer to a release. 

I need to work out a better way to identify good candidates for mind control and a way to work out a more dominant personality (it will be very basic at first but I like the idea of mind control not going well all the time :) ).

@daguy and @lostsheeple - I put in place a basic system to decide if a victim will become Sub or Dom (that depends on their Assistance level).

Assuming you find a mind control victim who turns out to be dom, what kind of action/task would you like to see her/him do when you select 'surprise me'?

Right now, I have them use you or order you to perform in front of them, but that's a little limited.

Having them cook food or give you gold doesn't make sense in a role of Dom.... so... I am listening to suggestions :)

I know this is not the focus of the mod (and not even an adult themed feature) but it would be great that when given to a child the mind control device would add it to your heartfire adopted children list instead of adding the followers and "special" options (well the sexlabs scripts wouldn't run for them anyway ^^).

Well you have to iron things out with the mod first, but It would be nice to keep it in mind as an added feature when done.

could there be multiple circlets? so if you wanted to train more than one slave you wouldnt have to wait till you were done training the one you already had?

also what if you made the training process a little more interactive? like there could be a ring that goes with the circlet that the master (you) wears and every time the slave does somthing the master likes they could use the ring to give the slave pleasure, the game then makes it more likely that the slave will do whatever it was that the master enjoyed

the master could also use this process in a similar fashion for punishment, every time the slave does somthing the master does not like the master will have the abillity to cause pain, and then then game will make it so that the slave is less likely to do whatever she did to upset the master

I know this is not the focus of the mod (and not even an adult themed feature) but it would be great that when given to a child the mind control device would add it to your heartfire adopted children list instead of adding the followers and "special" options (well the sexlabs scripts wouldn't run for them anyway ^^).

Well you have to iron things out with the mod first, but It would be nice to keep it in mind as an added feature when done.

Probably not going to happen as it would require adding Heartfire as a dependency or turning the mod into an esm and then adding a second plugin to it.

could there be multiple circlets? so if you wanted to train more than one slave you wouldnt have to wait till you were done training the one you already had?

also what if you made the training process a little more interactive? like there could be a ring that goes with the circlet that the master (you) wears and every time the slave does somthing the master likes they could use the ring to give the slave pleasure, the game then makes it more likely that the slave will do whatever it was that the master enjoyed

the master could also use this process in a similar fashion for punishment, every time the slave does somthing the master does not like the master will have the abillity to cause pain, and then then game will make it so that the slave is less likely to do whatever she did to upset the master

Multiple circlets - unlikely to happen given the number of variables I have to keep track of for a single circlet. Adding multiples would require a major rewrite (or at least turning all those variables into arrays and managing each victim independently). This is beyond the amount of time I can afford on this kind of mod.

Master / training feature - that one could happen eventually after Sanguine Debauchery 2 comes out. I would prefer using a Master/Slave framework to do that sort of thing, so I will revisit the idea whenever SD2 is released.

Pretty cool! I've been missing mc-themed stuff in Skyrim, and been doodling around with some ideas of my own but haven't really made any progress. I guess as far as things I'd like to see, progressive changes to the dialogue tree reflecting the victim falling further and further under your spell  would be nice. Confused and resistant at first but gradually becoming more brainwashed and content.

I look forward to learning from this and perhaps it will get me over the hump and to start working on my own.