Walk of shame

gubgu

Hey,

I had to completely reinstall FO New Vegas and subsequently all sexout add-ons. In the process, it seems I wasn't enable to recreate the same exact list of add-ons and the content is now different.

Can someone tell me which mod gives the "walk of shame" quest?

Joe Cobb just doesn't give it anymore after I complete "Run goodsprings run".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the improved Sunny mod, it is working (her armor has changed) and i get the walk of shame quest, but still, i have tried all i can think of, starting the whole game over, not talking to her much after the first bit where she teaches you to survive, talking to her after it, in the end i still get 2 options, ask her about the areas around goodsprings (or something like that) and a choice to end the conversation. If someone would be so kind as to help i would appreciate it.

The Walk of Shame quest makes use of the Improved Sunny companion mod.  If you don't use that, then no, she's not going to follow you.

I did, and was unable to get her to join, since the default setting for her companion mod is she doesn't join you unless you do Ghost Town Gunfight.

One mod that can make her into your follower as long as you can pass a 40 speech check is http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42353/?

Hmm... Sunny and Cobb are both dead in my current game, which I intend to be my last. Can anyone give me a quick spoiler of this walk of shame?

The latest version of Tryouts lets you chloroform Sunny and Trudy for the Powder Gangers when you side with them, removing them from the ensuing gunfight and making them appear afterwards, in the Powder Ganger faction.  Cobb then sends you to take Sunny to the NCRCF as a tribute to Eddie.  It's basically an alternative way to start the main Powder Ganger Tryout content with having sided with the Powder Gangers beforehand.

I have the improved Sunny mod, it is working (her armor has changed) and i get the walk of shame quest, but still, i have tried all i can think of, starting the whole game over, not talking to her much after the first bit where she teaches you to survive, talking to her after it, in the end i still get 2 options, ask her about the areas around goodsprings (or something like that) and a choice to end the conversation. If someone would be so kind as to help i would appreciate it.

The Walk of Shame quest makes use of the Improved Sunny companion mod.  If you don't use that, then no, she's not going to follow you.

I did, and was unable to get her to join, since the default setting for her companion mod is she doesn't join you unless you do Ghost Town Gunfight.

One mod that can make her into your follower as long as you can pass a 40 speech check is http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42353/?

You might be using an older version of it then, because Sexout's Tryout and Improved Sunny Smiles Companion mods was made by the same person.  And Loogie ensured that Tryouts would make use of his mod.  I've tested the feature out myself, so I know it works.  You must have something installed wrong if you've got the latest version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I do not know if it comes from Walk of Shame but after gaining the trust eddie I can not make my report to the commander Mcgee. 

You can also make the best thing yet. for example 

Trudy could be brought to the prison and leave it to be sold and could find her slave to various location on the map randomly. 

Sunny she would slave to prison even after our character becomes free. Could then convaicre eddie she can leave with us but he faidrait a quest before you can have as a companion, however it could also happen if you do not have to do the quest or you do not want to be sold and as trudy could see her in the mojave randomly our way. 

It could also convaicre Mcgee not to attack the prison, either related speech or by action.

I cant get it to work, whenever i enter the NCRCF i am asked for sex, once i talk to eddie he just tells Scrambler to give me (and Sunny) some clothing, after which nothing happens, i remember some problem similar to this, which was because of Scrambler not initiating sex or something? I cant remember how i fixed it last time if its the same fault, so what im in short saying it...is anyone a smarter man than i am and willing to help?

• 6 months later...

I cant get it to work, whenever i enter the NCRCF i am asked for sex, once i talk to eddie he just tells Scrambler to give me (and Sunny) some clothing, after which nothing happens, i remember some problem similar to this, which was because of Scrambler not initiating sex or something? I cant remember how i fixed it last time if its the same fault, so what im in short saying it...is anyone a smarter man than i am and willing to help?

Sorry to bump an old thread but it's not working for me as well. Can anyone help out?

• 3 months later...

I ve been screwing around with this problem aswell. and i at least managed to recruit sunny so far by following these steps:

Installing improved sunny mod, remove the esp.

Open Sexout Tryout with winrar. This file contains some sunny files, Extract those to your new vegas folder, and overwrite if overwrite prompt is given (aint sure if there was).

This at least made me being able to recruit sunny (although the dialogue option in the talk menu had more of a code instead of a sentence leading to her following me)

Why on Earth are you installing manually?  Just use FOMM.  What you're supposed to do is install the Sunny companion mod, then install Tryouts and have it overwrite the Sunny companion mod plugin.  I really don't understand how so many people are messing up with this; it's not that complicated.

Well, like i said: i was screwing around and i just posted how I managed to get it to work, not how it should work.

I've read the description of tryout, but i cant recall whether it was noted improved sunny had to be installed before tryout. The reason i manually installed: when i used the improved sunny esp from tryout i noticed textures were missing, and fixed it by manually dropping the improved sunny textures.

Obviously you are right when you say install improved sunny first; then install tryout. I just posted what worked for me for future reference from people who might bump into this problem.

Archived