Creating sex mods for Skyrim might be slightly easier

GrimReaper

And here's why:

Skyrim already has a system in place that synchronizes animations between two or more actors. Think of the finishing moves and the execution of the prisoner in the tutorial: The redguard bitch forces the prisoner on the block and then the executioner does his thing. But the best thing is, there are animations not only for humanoid actors but for monsters, too. You have finishers for wolves, dragons, spiders etc., and some of the monsters are already able to finish the player with a certain animation (dragon chews a bit on you then throws you away). This means that no one needs to create such a system first and on top of it it's already better than the system we got in the Lovers mods since the animations weren't really synchronized - there were two individual animations played at the same time so it looked like they were synchronized when in reality they were not.

Another thing could be the new animations system. We already know that Skyrim uses different files for animations (iirc it has something to do with the havok engine, not too sure about that) and one of Bethesda's employees already said it would be much, much easier to create new animations for Skyrim than for Oblivion or Fallout. This may or may not be true but when I think how much of a hassle it is to create any working animations for Oblivion or Fallout I don't really think there is a way to make it actually worse for modders. I won't go into detail here but Blender sucks at importing and exporting .kf files.

And last but not least it seems that Skyrims script language seems much, much more advanced than the ones found in Oblivion and Fallout, so there is a chance that we don't even need a script extender for sex mods. We'll have to wait until the Creation Kit gets released to say anything valid about the scripts, though.

The only downside I can think of right know are body and armor mods since they use .tri files to morph the mesh according to the weight slider. The possibility is that it would be possible to have cup sizes from A to H in the game without the need of a set body mod. And the armors would morph according to the selected body. However, it might be very difficult to create armors and bodies for Skyrim because of the aforementioned morphing and .tri files. We'll see. But I am sure that making such stuff for Skyrim will be much more rewarding and especially much less frustrating than modding Oblivion.

well, I think creating joburg like mod will be very hard because of the ai packages. In a thieves guild quest when you get 2 followers they started to bug out and act really weird. Damn, I haven't laughed this much watching AI combat/sneak action since the original Deus Ex.

well' date=' I think creating joburg like mod will be very hard because of the ai packages. In a thieves guild quest when you get 2 followers they started to bug out and act really weird. Damn, I haven't laughed this much watching AI combat/sneak action since the original Deus Ex.

[/quote']

That's a good thing actually, because Joburg was terrible :)

I'll stop lurking and contribute this thought to the discussion - animations also play during the dialogue menu, which is a lot less intrusive. If the "limited camera" could be turned to a free-roam via some dialogue-based script, it's entirely possible to have a "sex menu" of sorts, with all manner of options, sub-options, etc.

Some people might prefer their action menu-less, I just think dialogue has viable potential for a jumping-off point this time.

I'll stop lurking and contribute this thought to the discussion - animations also play during the dialogue menu' date=' which is a lot less intrusive. If the "limited camera" could be turned to a free-roam via some dialogue-based script, it's entirely possible to have a "sex menu" of sorts, with all manner of options, sub-options, etc.[/quote']

Basically what Lovers and Legends had except far less intrusive and choppy?

From looking at the way they made finishing move resembles allot like fallout vats system. So it should be possible to create stuff like this and what sexus for fallout 3 did for finishing moves when using the vats system. Will look strange making those ninja moves though.. :D

From looking at the way they made finishing move resembles allot like fallout vats system. So it should be possible to create stuff like this and what sexus for fallout 3 did for finishing moves when using the vats system. Will look strange making those ninja moves though.. :D

LOL the images running through my mind... maybe you get exp for an eye shot or something?

LOL sorry!

• 1 month later...

All I know is I want to be able to initiate something with a single woman on the game where I'm a man in first person that goes into a mini game script of animations where I can still go from first or third person view. It would be like a button masher kind of thing, with one or 2 random sounds for every animation. With a filling or emptying bar up till the final moment! :D

Hm, I had just and idea running to my mind and I wanna take it down just in case, I think it will be possible to create new finishing moves, so I think there should be a booby bump finishing moves. Imagine your curvy dual wield warrior spreading her arms and knocking those knockers right into the face of the opponent Bandit... That would be just freaking awesome!

• 3 months later...

Could be useful for a combat rape throw-down as well.

Sounds Awesome, more freedom, less barriers. the question is where / how do we start working on these cool Idealist mods?

I'm still waiting / Looking for the construction kit for I can Build Krystalia in Skyrim (all over again -_-)and of course with exclusive features (If we're able to pull all these ideas into mods)...

hey guys . if its easy to make sex animations for skyrim . than why is it

that its only animated prostitution that's making the good stuf and not this

forum . ( sorry i was geting impatient ) is there some progres for a skyrim based

lover with pk ?

cheers

There is a couple of other threads in this forum that are working on animations. It's not as easy as most would think. If it was, everyone would have them by now. Be patient and I think what we will eventually see will be amazing and worth the wait. :)

Mainly because:

- the game itself is still subject to changes.

- the game isn't even 1 year old, so give it some time :)

- not all the mechanisms are ready yet, especially in the animation area.

- skyrim modding community is certainly great, but this is free work, and you can't expect any deadline out of free work ;)

Archived