Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SimLab

The Sims 3 The Sims 4 Sims 3 sex mods Sims 4 sex mods SimLab

• Please log in to reply
1321 replies to this topic

AwfulArchdemon

AwfulArchdemon

Ordained Mod Organizer Evangelist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts

First time playing the game with mods and there are a lot of incompatibility due to version. I've read a bunch of the tutorials (some are rather old) which mention version 1.24.3 or above but mods still won't work (game crashes at second load screen). "Sims 3 has stopped working". I've been reluctant to patch to far for fear of no return and losing the ability to mod the game. I don't know how old the tutorials are but most seem rather outdated. Some have you putting your packages in the Documents sub directories while others have you putting them into the Programs(x86) sub's. so there are quite a few discrepancies, these are just a few.

any light that can be shined on this would be greatly appreciated.

How far can I patch and still have a mod-able game?.

I suppose that greatly depends on which mods you're using. Modthesims and sexysims2 (and 3, don't let the name fool you) tend to keep their stuff updated quickly, while some others may not. Earlier in the thread, I gave instructions on how to fix the "Sims 3 has stopped working" error. It's a bit crude, but I know of no other way.

Also, why do any of your mods say to go in Program Files (x86)? They should all go in your documents.

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages.

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

AwfulArchdemon

AwfulArchdemon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts

Did you get your resource from this thread? That's the one I use, and mine's fine. I think the new update may have knocked out my "get drunk" mod though. Oh well. I'll just go update it. It's the only one though.

AwfulArchdemon

AwfulArchdemon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts

Upon closer inspection, the new update also made some other nice changes too. When you go somewhere with someone, you're not automatically in a 'group' anymore. And, if you go somewhere with another sim from your household, and you make both of them 'go home' at the same time, you don't have the annoyance of watching the first person to reach the road get into their car, while the other catches a friggin cab. Now, they both get in the car together. Makes way more sense.

Also, when you 'assign a bed' to a sim (University), others can sleep in it too, without it saying "Sleep in Valerie's bed?". The assignment is now only so sims that you don't control will know where to sleep when the time comes.

And, you get to play a silly mini-game during loading screens, that gives you in-game lifetime happiness points, to be spread out equally to each of the sims in your household!  :cool:

I just got Island Paradise, so I'm looking forward to going scuba diving!  :)

teehee.gif

woot.gif Stay tuned for more SimLab!! woot.gif

dance.gif

AwfulArchdemon

AwfulArchdemon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts

well, actually there are two resources, one you download directly and one inside the FrameworkSetup download. not sure if they are supposed to be the same or not. I swapped it out for the direct DL one plus got a different "No Mosaic" package and that seems to have worked. It may well have been just the no mosaic that was causing the problems. trying to get used to the modthesims site and sexysims site. there rather tough for this old man to navigate LOL.

Yes, they are the same one. I gave the link, and the actual resource. I've had the same 'no mosaic' mod forever. If we use the same one, you should have no stupid mosaic.

AwfulArchdemon

AwfulArchdemon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts

When you download custom content for Sims 3, or more specifically, special content that comes with 'limited edition' expansion packs, you may find strange issues that EA support would likely not have an answer for in a live chat session. They always tell you to update your game with Origin, and to reinstall, but these notes may help avoid those issues:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please read before continuing your download
  1. It is recommended to use Firefox or Internet Explorer while using this feature.
  2. It is recommended to close your game before starting the download of multiple items. Your items will download directly to the launcher, but the launcher will not provide a confirmation once the download is complete.
  3. If you do not close your game, the items will automatically install into your game, but your game may become inactive for several minutes if a large quantity of items are being downloaded.
  4. Initiating a download of the same item multiple times will result in duplicate listings within the launcher.

deltarno

deltarno

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

A question from a poor sim noob, who is considering getting into the sims for the first time since, well, the first sims.  Since I am an immature adult, I wish only for the finest of adult entertainment (aka sex, woohoo, whoopie, the nasty, etc) in my video games.  While I use this site extensively for skyrim mods, it only recently came to mind to ask around for Sims mods.  Many thanks to the Wonderful Arch Demon for this thread.

My question, however, is this; I recently found a site that seems to have a lovely set of up to date sex animations ready and able. Ze link!

http://www.graphical...teractions.html

I am less than thrilled with the 'daydream' aspect, but for good animations I'll ignore that bit.  My question, however, is how well do sims mods play together?  If I like other mods in this thread, can I try them with this mod, or must I exclusively use one or the other?

Side question, are there mods that allow sexual interaction without the characters liking each other?  Hate sex does have its place, after all.

windpl

windpl

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

If they change same thing they may cause conflicts. Atm 'daydream' wont conflict with any of mods mentioned here.

Grizzly14

Grizzly14

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

A question from a poor sim noob, who is considering getting into the sims for the first time since, well, the first sims.  Since I am an immature adult, I wish only for the finest of adult entertainment (aka sex, woohoo, whoopie, the nasty, etc) in my video games.  While I use this site extensively for skyrim mods, it only recently came to mind to ask around for Sims mods.  Many thanks to the Wonderful Arch Demon for this thread.

My question, however, is this; I recently found a site that seems to have a lovely set of up to date sex animations ready and able. Ze link!

I am less than thrilled with the 'daydream' aspect, but for good animations I'll ignore that bit.  My question, however, is how well do sims mods play together?  If I like other mods in this thread, can I try them with this mod, or must I exclusively use one or the other?

Side question, are there mods that allow sexual interaction without the characters liking each other?  Hate sex does have its place, after all.

Ive used Graphical XTC for a while now, and the day dream aspect works without the sims liking eachother, and it still count's as a woohoo in-game, (Although doesn't conceive, I don't think).

As far as mod compatibility goes Ive had no problems so far, with some item mods, a weapon mod, nude modes and Nraas overwatch (Which I recommend if your having fps issues). Graphical XTC is a fun mod, the author is active I think, which is good, as I would like to see more animations integrated.

AwfulArchdemon

AwfulArchdemon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts

not sure what it could conflict with but the animations don't work for me. all the options are ingame but any time they are activated the character freezes, I believe it has something to do with version cause it is the only package that while loading the game I get a message that it's script was found. I remember getting the same message with a conflicting No-mosaic package. have to wait for it to be updated I suppose.

I've never seen mods conflict for S3 before. No 2 mods seem to do the same thing the same way, so it's not like Skyrim conflicts, where 2 or more mods are using the same scripts to call on the same anims. You'll never have 2 mods trying to do the same thing.

We just got an update, so if XTC isn't working, it has to be a version issue. I use an extremely outdated XTC, but mine works still. It's not the same mod though, just another sex mod made by the same guy. Look around. You'll find plenty of mods that work still, like NRASS' Woohooer.

Nonsense667

Nonsense667

Murder Hobo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

I was like, why have them talk gibberish, it took just as much time and effort to  have people talk all weird but then I thought, why not, no translations less cost, but still weird to listen to.

I just recently made a post talking about something similar to this, and it's something I find rather interesting.

I've discovered that a big reason I am able to enjoy Japanese games/hentai/movies, is that when it comes to the voice, I don't understand what they are saying, and this means that I am forced to fill in the gaps mentally - this leads to me filling it in with what I like. The problem with the English voice, is that there is no gap to fill.

Basically, if they recorded someone saying "god dammit, I'm so pissed off!" then everytime you saw your sim get mad, they would say "god dammit, I'm so pissed off!" every time, or whatever other phrases were recorded. But intsead, we have "Rargenflaggenshoppada!" and our brains put in exactly what we feel they would be saying: we fill in the gaps, and make that same recording played in different scenarios have completely different meanings and emotions depending on the context. I think that having them speak "simlish" is honestly a wonderful thing. :) It makes the world more full, and real, via forcing you to use your imagination. At least that's my own view on it.

razzor69

razzor69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

I think i will instal The Sims 3 again for this mod xD, whole expansion pack its so pain in the ass to be instal in one time

AwfulArchdemon

AwfulArchdemon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts

I recommend Late Night, World adventures, and Island Paradise as the best 3 expansions, if you're going to get any (razzor69).

Island Paradise is like Sims 2: Castaways, but far more modern and civilized. You can even live on a houseboat, and go scuba diving. Be careful! If you like to use high graphics, specifically, if you are using the highest water graphics, you'd better have a sweet graphics card! Isla Paradiso is just a collection of small Islands, surrounded by miles of ocean, so high water graphics will kick the crap out of your graphics card for certain!

Late Night gives you the ability to learn how to mix drinks, which pairs nicely with the 'Get Drunk' mod. I think that's on modthesims. I also recommend the smoking mod to smokers (obviously).

World Adventures lets you make wine from your own grapes, but I recommend it mostly for it's travel option. You can fly to China and learn Sim-Fu, and spar with any sims that have learned the art. You can also have ranked matches, and learn to teleport. It's what you learn at the peak of your meditation.

AwfulArchdemon

AwfulArchdemon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts

Warning! New update fuck*d up my game!

As far as I know, this only applies to those who decide to start their game on Isla Paradiso (Paradise Island). If you have this (awesome as hell) expansion, you may have to begin your adventure in a different world.

That's right...you can move to different worlds with the new update!  :lol: 'Bout time!

Anyway, it seems that Paradise Island has issues with a mod or 2. If you start your game there, you're quite likely to find that after an hour or 2 of gameplay, your game will run for 8 seconds, and freeze for 6 seconds. Run for 8, freeze for 6. Sucks ass.

Starting somewhere else, and moving to the new town after a couple days (or more) works fine, which I find very strange and unexplainable.  :-/ I digress. Play it as I've instructed, and all mods should work just fine, and you should have no problems.

I recommend players with amazing computers turn the water up to 'Super Water' if they can. It's true computer graphics you're seeing there. Very nice, IF your graphics card can take it (I recommend an NVIDEA GTX GEFORCE 650). I-M-O

GECK.O

GECK.O

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

^

You probably get a sims pathfinding stuck issue (a route fail) at the background.

When you update your game, and load a save, all the sims were reseted (jump) and some of them are jump into a wrong place that lead into a pathfinding stuck issue.

You must find them in the world map and reset them manually using Twallan's Master Controller to send them back to their home.

Or use Twallan's Overwatch to automatically teleport any stuck or route fail sims.

EDIT: You can also did a Global Reset in Master Controller at the City Hall, to reset the entire world. But I prefer to do this as the last attempt.

AwfulArchdemon

AwfulArchdemon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts

I get the strangest error when this happens. It's like a Sims version of a 'blue screen', but the screen stays normal underneath it. I'll see a few options I've never seen before: Reset, Reset Actor and Object (or something like that), Delete, Scroll to, stuff like that, and an error message pops up saying that a sim was targeting a missing object. Is this a game issue, or a mod issue?

GECK.O

GECK.O

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

^

I never get that error massage before. There are probabilities:

1. Savegame corrupt.

If you start a new game and try to play another savegame, and there's no error. Then that savegame is corrupt. Try to use the backup (aka previous savegame).

2. Patch and mod incompatibility.

If another savegame are also get the same error message, then it definitely there are some mod you forget to update after patching the game. The solution is updating the mod. It's better to remove all the mods you have, redownload and copy it again one by one to make sure everything are up to date.

AwfulArchdemon

AwfulArchdemon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts

I know that stuff, I mean could the invalid reference to an object be due to the update, the Paradise Island expansion, or is it certainly a mod issue, because I just played for an hour to test again, and everything's gravy. Everything looks great, especially on the max-ALL graphics settings I'm using.  :sleepy:

GECK.O

GECK.O

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

^

It's probably you moved some cc and forget to move it back.

I just updated and installed Into the Future. No problem, including updating all the mods too, except the Woohooer. It probably need a couple of weeks. He said he rework the code...I hope something revolutionary will come. :lol:

AwfulArchdemon

AwfulArchdemon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts

I played a bit more, and the pause glitch happened again. "Reloaded" my game (I hate that you have to quit to desktop to load a different save), and 'Traveled' to China for a while (Sim-Fu). Problem solved, but I saw that error even there, and I did what I thought was wisest with the 'Blue-screen' options. I ended with a delete of the offending object.

There are many ways to avoid this problem, but it requires you to be an adventurer. Neat, but what if you're raising a child (or 2)?

GECK.O

GECK.O

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

^

It seems you have a very serious problem...

Had you try to start a new game without mods? To see if the mods are the source of the problem.

If it's still the same...you probably need to reinstall TS3 and all Exp packs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Sims 3, The Sims 4, Sims 3 sex mods, Sims 4 sex mods, SimLab