I've been having problems with both my MO setups (two separate drives) past few months thats really annoying, problem is it keeps unchecking mods in the right pane the Mods are checked in the left pane so i assume that its also checked in the right as before but for some unknown reason it randomly unchecks some mods in the right pane for no reason which i believe is causing stability issues in game.

Any one else have this problem?. Seems to be getting worse too as i've caught it unchecking my Bash patch more often lately.

MO versions1.2.14 and 1.2.11

This sounds like it might be Wrye Bash merging mods, it does that with some. Otherwise I'm not sure myself

I did post my issue on Bug Genie but someone replied saying it's probably me as MO is working fine for them. I think I'll see if the next update is released soon judging by how fast they've been coming lately, and if not I'll downgrade my version.

What sort of error do you get when you try to load mods with 1.2.17?
The mods just don't actually load in game. I have them ticked in the left and right panes in MO and use all the third party software like FNIS, LOOT, Wrye etc and run the game through SKSE Launcher. However, something I thought of late last night that I can't check until later is that maybe it's the ENB files I have? I did have an issue with them before with CTD on launch and tried a full reinstall, and only realised after that it was probably the dll file from ENB that I read on a few sites can cause issues with MO, so I'll try that later and get back here with the result.
So i tried everything short of a full skyrim reinstall, the only thing that worked was downgrading MO to 1.2.16. Also, ENB stopped the game from even starting at all ie not even to the Beth logo, the game just didn't start after trying to reinstall ENB.

Does the game start fine with your ENB installed to MO v1.2.16? I don't really recommend ENBs. I tried a couple, got rid of them, and just installed retexture mods.

RC is your best bet for ENB-related issues. (he'll chime in, don't worry)

After I downgraded MO ENB prevents the game from even starting the application, so I got rid of it and just have ENBoost now.

I've been using MO for almost 2 years now and haven't seen this behaviour previously, yes both are located outside program directory, there some of the mods are randomly unchecked such as armor mods but also some quest type mods on occasion there is a repeat pattern but not often of unchecked mods. Yes i know about Bash leaving some mods unchecked but listed with the Bash patch, but curious as to the bashed patched itself getting unchecked lol.

Again i have two different MO versions on different drives ( C: and F:) and both display similar behaviour

Didn't think to check the Modlist.txt but will now.

Thanks for the help

Has any one ever ran into a probelm with Caliente tools namely the Bodyer sider. when you add the tool as a exucutable. then you run it and build the body. then tell you that it has save the body in a location on your hdd. but when you go to the location on your Hdd. the files are not there at all

No I am referencing that MO is 32bit so there might be some memory issues if the mod requires a larger memory to install. It also happened to the older version of FOMM as well. (informed it was solved with the Lover's version of FOMM). That would be a very large mod to do this. Something along the lines of TTW or something. It is also possible the packing of the mod or corruption of the zip file can be the cause. Finally I had tons of problems trying to install mods with Mo as well before.. It ended up being I had some pretty nasty hidden memory errors. :dodgy: Had to replace the memory on my computer.

For the most part I have no problems now installing most any mod and haven't heard of people having problems installing any particular mod. Perhaps give us some info/link on the mod that is causing the problem for you with MO. Then maybe someone here has experience with that mod and can chime in more accuratly if they also have / had that problem and maybe even what they did to fix it.

:blink:  I hope someone isn't referencing my initials... As I never used ENB mods... I use texture and lighting mods however am quite pleased with the results. Some have thought I was using ENB mods.. LOL.

I've been using and abusing MO for several months now. My left pane has just over 700 mods. Some of those are just mesh or texture replacers or things I've made special for certain followers or whatever.... regardless.... it's getting kind of messy. There are a lot of things in that left pane that I won't be using again. Can I go into the MO/mods folder and just delete directories or is it really best to start MO and delete each of those mods individually?

Along that same line.... if I make a backup does it only back up the CHECKED mods for a profile or does it make a backup of everything in that left pane? 

AND... if it backs up everything... can I later restore just one mod from a backup in case I find I really shouldn't have deleted it? :)

I've been using and abusing MO for several months now. My left pane has just over 700 mods. Some of those are just mesh or texture replacers or things I've made special for certain followers or whatever.... regardless.... it's getting kind of messy. There are a lot of things in that left pane that I won't be using again. Can I go into the MO/mods folder and just delete directories or is it really best to start MO and delete each of those mods individually?

Along that same line.... if I make a backup does it only back up the CHECKED mods for a profile or does it make a backup of everything in that left pane? 

AND... if it backs up everything... can I later restore just one mod from a backup in case I find I really shouldn't have deleted it? :)

I have done what you ask and didn't see any problem however I would advise to do it the correct way ;). It is always better to do it the correct way.

As for backups I use 7zip and create a backup. Takes some time but it is worth it. No worries about any lost files or such. Just select the folder and create the archive. If you don' t have Zip you can do anything even simple copy then paste it into anther area or folder somewhere safe. I would do this just in case you decide to restore it back.

Has any one ever ran into a probelm with Caliente tools namely the Bodyer sider. when you add the tool as a exucutable. then you run it and build the body. then tell you that it has save the body in a location on your hdd. but when you go to the location on your Hdd. the files are not there at all

The files you loaded in Bodyslide overwrite the original files. If you open a mod body with it, that mod's files will be overwritten. You should not be looking for "new files", you be looking for them in the same folder they came from.

Just wondering: what's the deal with MO having difficulty installing large files? If they are large enough, it fails to completely install them.

This seems impossible. If CotS and Tropical Skyrim install fine, I can't see anything giving MO a hard time. Those mods are absolutely gargantuan.

No I am referencing that MO is 32bit so there might be some memory issues if the mod requires a larger memory to install. It also happened to the older version of FOMM as well. (informed it was solved with the Lover's version of FOMM). That would be a very large mod to do this. Something along the lines of TTW or something. It is also possible the packing of the mod or corruption of the zip file can be the cause. Finally I had tons of problems trying to install mods with Mo as well before.. It ended up being I had some pretty nasty hidden memory errors. :dodgy: Had to replace the memory on my computer.

For the most part I have no problems now installing most any mod and haven't heard of people having problems installing any particular mod. Perhaps give us some info/link on the mod that is causing the problem for you with MO. Then maybe someone here has experience with that mod and can chime in more accuratly if they also have / had that problem and maybe even what they did to fix it.

:blink:  I hope someone isn't referencing my initials... As I never used ENB mods... I use texture and lighting mods however am quite pleased with the results. Some have thought I was using ENB mods.. LOL.

I could have sworn you specifically told me you tried a few ENBs. I'm mistaken? I've spoken with damn there everyone who posts on LL, so I could've simply gotten it confused with someone else. I've heard you mention them though, so maybe that's where I'm gettin' f***ed up? :huh:

PFFFFFF!! (spits beer all over his keyboard, and reaches for a paper towel)

700 f***ing mods?! ( 8^O) >

Dude...

So, when you make a bunch of texture mods and followers and such, and you know you'll be using those mods all the time, you really should consider consolidating all those mods into one. ^_^ Or, just name a mod MyRetextures and put textures in there (likely will be your largest files), and put NPCs in another, and scripts in a MyScripts mod...or something. Something. :D This problem could've been solved before it began.

I learned my lesson. Made like 20 mods for Sims 4, and had to make a folder specifically called 'AwfulArchdemon' to keep them from taking shit over. Damn good idea. Saved my ass.

I could have sworn you specifically told me you tried a few ENBs. I'm mistaken? I've spoken with damn there everyone who posts on LL, so I could've simply gotten it confused with someone else. I've heard you mention them though, so maybe that's where I'm gettin' f***ed up? :huh:

I have talked to you about ENBs however it was concerning my replacements.. textures, meshes and light mods. I was trying to replicate the effects of ENB mods without installing one. So you didn't get it messed up.. just slightly confused.

I won't bother trying to search through the Nexus again for the massive files that MO can't install. They are huge (they are world spaces). One of them is 1.7gb, and the other is 2gb. I'll just assume this isn't a memory issue (but maybe I ought to run a diagnostic anyway).

They are both removed from my download history, so I can't find them both. One of them is Orsinium (the main file). Can't remember the other one.

I did manage to get many smaller world space mods to install correctly, that is, they are all presumably under 1gb, but most of them are for sure.

One would think that these kinds of files might be best broken into separate parts, then run as three separate mods, or have more experienced users merge them after download.

Anyway, what kind of work around might I use to get these big mods to work with my current MO profile?

I appreciate the help a great deal.

I won't bother trying to search through the Nexus again for the massive files that MO can't install. They are huge (they are world spaces). One of them is 1.7gb, and the other is 2gb. I'll just assume this isn't a memory issue (but maybe I ought to run a diagnostic anyway).

They are both removed from my download history, so I can't find them both. One of them is Orsinium (the main file). Can't remember the other one.

I did manage to get many smaller world space mods to install correctly, that is, they are all presumably under 1gb, but most of them are for sure.

One would think that these kinds of files might be best broken into separate parts, then run as three separate mods, or have more experienced users merge them after download.

Anyway, what kind of work around might I use to get these big mods to work with my current MO profile?

You could always break it down yourself...

I'd say textures are your biggest files, so those may want to be split into a few pieces. Can't believe someone would upload a 2 GB file as a single mod. f***ing crazy! I'm also surprised they were able to upload a 2 GB mod to any site's uploader.

I would certainly like to read the DESC of these monsters. That's like...4 times as big as Dawnguard.

Still, this is the first I've ever heard of MO not installing a mod, regardless of it's size. However, 2 goddam gigs...jeez. :-/

The size you state should work if it was packed properly. I don't think that MO can be faulted for it, sizewise that is. I believe I installed some of my files that size and perhaps even bigger. They were however repacked by me. (SkyrimHD textures 2k). So that might have made a difference.

That should give some hint for someone around here.

If you do find them again or search them out you can extract them using 7zip and then create a folder and pack them up in smaller form. Maybe one with Textures, then one with Meshes etc. Something to make it smaller. However... I did have and still sometimes had a problem with some of the Fallout Texture packs. However not with MO. The files get screwed up from the Nexus. or the packing that the mods are in are the problem. I had a nice fixed version awhile back but with the memory error/harddrive errors etc it ended up getting screwed up and tossed out of frustration. I lost many older mods I had then (memory error mentioned before along with a slowly failing hard drive )

Some mentioned above and if you haven't done it yet try using MO to download directly from Nexus. Then.. (I hate this and only if all else fails) perhaps get a months membership and use the premium to get all the large packs. It does seem to work better than the normal downlands.. (go figure. :dodgy: ) Test them and put them in a safe place so you don't have to struggle later to get them again.

I might check that mod you mentioned out. Might be interesting.

The orc one works just fine. Just in case someone thinks I am speaking out my green ass.. :P

It installed without a hitch. This should prove that 2gb unscripted files can be installed via MO.. Yea Mo.

The problem is likely on your end. In fact it installed quite quickly. No delays like you can get for scripted Fmods. OH.. and just in case I tried it again without any problems. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... Based on the larger one working fine I doubt there should be any problems with the smaller 1.7gig one. As I stated before I have packed some pretty big mods (Compilations) and no problem with installation now that my memory issue has been fixed.

Orsinum - 2,066,364kb size

Hotfix - 25,169kb size

Damn...you weren't kiddin'. :s Yeah I draw the line around a million kb. :P Not even gonna attempt to dl it. Can't test this one, I'm afraid.no.gif

I did and confirmed that MO can at least in this case handle the 2gb files. Not sure about scripted files (added stress and memory useage) however these work just fine even tried installing it again a second time. NO problems at all.

See, thats why I wanted to have some more words in the FAQ about Bodyslide2.

I posted about this a week ago, should help you:

Just read OP again, looking for new stuff. If you want more details on bodyslide:

- Get Bodyslide to work:

Install it as usual. Note that if you look in it, you'll see no recognizable (by MO) data in it. Fuck it. Install it anyway. When you do, MO will give you the standard warning that there is "no game data on top level". Fuck that too. When it's installed, navigate the 'explorer' to the Bodyslide.exe, and add it as an executable. When you run it, it will overwrite the .nif files you chose to alter, so have a copy of your mod-to-be-altered beforehand.

It overwrites the NIF Files from the bodymod that gets loaded last.

Bodymod as in: A mod that has the same files you generate, so be careful. Applies to armors too as far as I know.

Or change this Setting in "Bodyslide\Config.xml" from this

<!--<GameDataPath>C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\</GameDataPath>-->
to something like this with your path instead:

<GameDataPath>C:\Skyrim Stuff\Mod Organizer\mods\Bodyslide output\</GameDataPath>
Another note: It won't show textures as they aren't in this folder and it won't load them from Skyrim. (yes, you can put textures into this folder.)

I am aware I like to preach this topic, but hey, don't want anyone to mess up other mod because of Bodyslide.

Esspecially when you just want to try BS2 for some short testing.

One of the reasons I didn't like BS2 was because of that (overwrote UNP files with CBBE and texture missmatch with no clear reason afterwards), but know I know how it all works and I love it.