New version has been released. Tannin42 says this:

Version 1.0.4 (Codename: RC5) released

This update fixes one major bug that broke the fnis generator for some users.

It also changes how version numbers are treated. MO will now also highlight a mod if it considers the installed version newer than the one available on nexus.

Reminder: If you have a major problem with 1.0, please make sure that problem is reported on the issue tracker!

General Version 1.0 notes:

Big new update for those that haven't been using the beta.

Before I get into the features: the "rc1" in the version number means "release candidate" for 1.0.0.
It means that - to my knowledge - this version stable (most probably more stable than the version you're running
right now) and if no major issues show up it may simply be relabled 1.0, but I want to do more public testing before
actually calling it "1.0".

What's new (excerpt):
- NCC is now bundled with MO
- permission problems when deleting/overwriting mods are handled better
- plugins can now be written in Python. You need to have Python 2.7.x (32bit) installed to run these
- A new configuration plugin (based on Python, see above)
- Implemented a trick (a hack really) to massively speed up the Skyrim start)
- mod "grouping" displays mods grouped by their nexus id or category
- You can now configure which download server to prefer
- Removed the integrated web browser, downloading via your regular browser (like with NMM) is now the default
- You can now set up different tools to handle Nexus downloads for different games
- Introduced easier ways to move files from overwrite into regular mods (existing or new)
- Many many more improvements and bugfixes. Check out the changelog on Nexus.

A Note on versions:
For the near future the 1.0 versions will only receive bugfixes and minor features that won't break anything.
At the same time I will release "patches" versioned 1.1.x to preview and test new features. Those patches will not be installed through the automatic updater.

On Translations:
The translations of MO are becoming increasingly outdated. If you're one of the original translators or interested in helping with the translation efforts: The translation page is hosted at
http://translate.tannin.eu/
This page does not allow you to register directly, you need to contact me to create an account

bth_music-note.gif Ceeeeele-brate good times, COME ON! Duh duh duh duh - duh - it's a  celebra-tion. bth_music-note.gif Ceeeeele-brate good times, COME ON! Duh duh duh duh - duh - it's a  celebra-tion.

dancing.gif

johnnyboy88, on 06 Oct 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

FNIS v4 has issues with MO v1.0.3 at the moment the fix is in the testing stage.

http://issue.tannin.eu/tbg/modorganizer/issues/423

So you can either downgrade to FNIS v4 beta whatever, or try downgrading MO, or wait for the fix to be released.

**Edit. -- Well. looks like MO v1.0.4 was release so the fix is probably in there.

Yup. Sentence #1 in Tannin's note should've been a decent clue.  ;)  Or maybe you were typing your post while I was typing mine? :P

Hi, I need your help with something.

I have desided to move from NexusModMesher to ModOrganizer. However with my current number of mods there is only one feasible way to do that. If MO can import the mods. I found from the Menu that it can and I tried it 

(I also have a "bug" to report her...this didn;t start nicely) after the whole (bit buggy) proccess a bunch of mods appear in the Mods window. Not nearly as many as I have in NMM though. However I did export the Load order from NMM, counted the plugins, and the same number of plugins exist in MO's Plugins tab. Mind you, these were already there the first time I opened MO.

Anyway I figure , and want to trust MO, that all my mods have been succesfully copied.

BUT...

It seems that their loading order is disregarded. The plugins in the "Plugins" tap in MO are all sorted alphabeticaly. I dont need to explain why loading order is extremely important especialy when you install a mod that overwrights a part of another mod. If I activate a list of 203 plugins with their loading order messed up....I might as well foramat the hard disk.....with /u !!! I have better chances finding Skyrim in one piece after that..

So.. is there a way to import the loading order of those mods as it was in NMM? Did MO did that already and I don see it or do I need to do something else too?

The "Bug"

When you import your mods from NMM, MO might may find a mod that does not work correctly. For example, you might have a "mod" installed, but its files will not actually be pressent in your data folder. Maybe you removed them? Anyway, at that point. MO will come up with an error about this mod. You can press ok and the MO will ask you Again if you want to import the mods from NMM. At this point if you press "yes" (I think the same happens if you press "no") all pop up messages close and MO just stands there as ready to be used, doing nothing. In reality it still copying the mods, but now (after the error) the window that show witch mod is being copied and the overall proccess is gone.

Edit*

I have come up with another problem trying to get this to work

MO seems to be unable to filnd/locate 90% of the installed mods and comes up with errorcode2 (it fails to find the file specified). The file IS in th Data directory and the mod(s) IS working 100%. Is there a way to fix this problem with MO or is it that it cannot actually get the mods installed by NMM?

thnx.

azmodan22, on 10 Oct 2013 - 2:07 PM, said:

Hi, I need your help with something.

I have desided to move from NexusModMesher to ModOrganizer. However with my current number of mods there is only one feasible way to do that. If MO can import the mods. I found from the Menu that it can and I tried it 

(I also have a "bug" to report her...this didn;t start nicely) after the whole (bit buggy) proccess a bunch of mods appear in the Mods window. Not nearly as many as I have in NMM though. However I did export the Load order from NMM, counted the plugins, and the same number of plugins exist in MO's Plugins tab. Mind you, these were already there the first time I opened MO.

Anyway I figure , and want to trust MO, that all my mods have been succesfully copied.

BUT...

It seems that their loading order is disregarded. The plugins in the "Plugins" tap in MO are all sorted alphabeticaly. I dont need to explain why loading order is extremely important especialy when you install a mod that overwrights a part of another mod. If I activate a list of 203 plugins with their loading order messed up....I might as well foramat the hard disk.....with /u !!! I have better chances finding Skyrim in one piece after that..

So.. is there a way to import the loading order of those mods as it was in NMM? Did MO did that already and I don see it or do I need to do something else too?

The "Bug"

When you import your mods from NMM, MO might may find a mod that does not work correctly. For example, you might have a "mod" installed, but its files will not actually be pressent in your data folder. Maybe you removed them? Anyway, at that point. MO will come up with an error about this mod. You can press ok and the MO will ask you Again if you want to import the mods from NMM. At this point if you press "yes" (I think the same happens if you press "no") all pop up messages close and MO just stands there as ready to be used, doing nothing. In reality it still copying the mods, but now (after the error) the window that show witch mod is being copied and the overall proccess is gone.

Edit*

I have come up with another problem trying to get this to work

MO seems to be unable to filnd/locate 90% of the installed mods and comes up with errorcode2 (it fails to find the file specified). The file IS in th Data directory and the mod(s) IS working 100%. Is there a way to fix this problem with MO or is it that it cannot actually get the mods installed by NMM?

thnx.

What I did was just reinstall my mods using MO, from the folder I originally downloaded mods into (I always dl'd manually, and with NMM, when I used NMM). You should notice a bunch of plugins on your right, and a lot of nothing on your left. The left is where your installed mods will be listed. You may find bugs when dl'ing from NMM to MO (I never did that. I just stopped using NMM altogether), so I recommend just going into your mods folder in NMM (right-click NMM, open file location, look for the mods folder. It may be in the Nexus Mod Manger folder. I'm not sure), and just taking them out of there, and putting them all into a folder for importing.

You don't have to worry that a mod may overwrite another mods files. MO uses a virtual path. Not harm will ever come to your mods if you use MO.

As for load order, you should use BOSS, commonsense, and TES5Edit to find out if your game will start. Look through this thread to find my posts about the +/- icons that tell you if something is overwriting something else. All the info's here. If you see a lightening bolt, the mod will be completely "overwritten", and will not do anything. In that case, you're either using a mod that does the same thing, thus making that mod useless, or you just need to put that file in a different location in your Load order. Like if you use SL framework 1.10, and you want the 1.10-1.12 upgrade, putting the upgrade there 1st in the load order will make it become a lightening bolt. You'd need the framework to be 1st, then "overwrite" the FW with the update, thus changing the lightening bolt into a +, and the framework into a -.

Edit: When I 1st installed the new version, I found that choosing 'download with manager' on Nexus prompted MO to do the downloading, instead of NMM. A very pleasant surprise! :)

I am not worrying about the mods, I am worrying about the game. 

For example I have installed an armor.

Right after that armor I have installed atexture set that changes that armor. 

The texture set "mod" must be loaded after the armor mod.

Similar example.

If you have Convinient horses you might have also downloaded Unique Frost. Uniqque Frost must always be loaded after Conviniect horses. 

It seems the MO might have difficulties copying mods that when they were installed with NMM they had different options.

I have concluded that the safest way to start using MO, is to start from scratch. Clean game and start enabling the mods one by one.

This is neither to an inability of NMM neither of MO. These two programms work in entirely different way and thus they cannot be That compatible.

It's just that there is no way I am going to do that now...

you see things are a bit more complicated..

sometime ago I had to reinstall NMM and certain mods (skympy armors mostly) were lost from the list. Those mods are still installed though but NMM has them in the list as uninstalled. What makes this better is that those mods were published Before CK, so they do not have an .esp....you see where this is getting..  :s

Ahh, I see now. So those mods are still active then. They simply don't appear active in NMM. Well, how did you install them? Can you go grab them from the NMM files in your comp? Do you know what they're called? If you got them before CK, then they must be old as dirt. You mat very well find better ones now anyway. There are billions of mods out now, and many of them are skimpy in some way.

This is what's good about MO. You can just import from a folder to MO, and you'll see those mods listed in your mods folder in MO, active or not. MO is supreme.

If your skimpy armor mod was in NMM, and it wasn't an esp or a bsa, or maybe a texture file that was in a folder other than data, then MO won't have it in there. Yay MO!

They are still in NMMs list.. But they are inactive. And the even BEST part is.. that they mast be installed in a specific order, because some of them, overright some others...They are all there but I dont remeber neither witch I had activated nor the order...Anyway chances are are most of them have been overighten from the lates mods I have but I cant be certain. Safest plan fom my install is starting from scratch.....sometime.

I'm in the process of transferring my mods to MO and have struggled a bit trying to figure out the most convenient and intuitive way to install and use FNIS alongside MO.

Here's how I did it:

1. Downloaded (from Nexus) & installed FNIS 4.0 from within MO, just like you would for any other mod.

2. Downloaded & installed FNIS Creature Pack 4.0.3. Same as above.

3. MO complained about the version of Creature Pack being newer than FNIS version, which is, I think what it reads from Nexus. Anyway, I told MO to "ignore" that.

4. Enabled both of these mods.

5. Added GenerateFNISforUsers.exe as an executable in MO.

6. Ran GenerateFNISforUsers.exe from within MO once, just to make sure that it works properly.

7. Even though I won't be running it from my desktop, I let GenerateFNISforUsers create a desktop shortcut icon so that it won't ask for it again.

Well, the part above was pretty straight forward. However, I suppose the more important part is how to deal with the temporary files generated in the "overwrite" folder and here's what I do:

1. Run GenerateFNISforUsers and then refresh the mod list once, so that you can see the temporary files generated in the "overwrite" folder.

2. Right click on the "overwrite" section at the bottom of the mod list and then choose "Sync to Mods" and you should be able to see FNIS in "Sync To" drop down menus for at least a couple of files. Click OK. Doing this will move the three newly generated HKX files into the FNIS mod folder. The game will read those files from within the FNIS mod folder so it's important that you enable FNIS (and FNIS Creature Pack if you installed it).

3. We don't really need the rest of the files in the overwrite folder (bunch of XML and TXT files), so simply delete them. Although, make sure that what you're going to delete were indeed generated by FNIS.

The three steps above is what you should do whenever you install a new mod that requires you to run FNIS.

This seemed to me the best possible way to keep the game's Data folder clean and the installed mods isolated from each other.

HTH.

In case you didn't know, Mod Organizer also works quite well for Oblivion. I repack everything I get from Obl mod dl pages for MO, and live happily. post-111270-0-14102100-1381730060_thumb.jpgpost-111270-0-99975900-1381730072_thumb.jpg

The only difference between running MO with Oblivion, and running it with Skyrim, is that you don't use MO to run Oblivion.You just get your mods into MO, and shut it down. Then simply run the Oblivion (.exe) icon that was placed on your desktop. Oblivion works just fine this way, but repackaging your mods to work with MO will be necessary in some situations. It would be a good idea to learn as much as you can about file paths, ie., where a file needs to go. Example: If you extract a mod rar or zip into your folder of choice, and the only thing you see is a file named water006.wav, you would need to know to create folders that take you to that path. In this case, water006.wav would need to have the following folder path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Oblivion\Data\Sound\fx\Water\

This means that you must create a folder named Sound, then a folder named fx, then Water. You would put the Water folder in the fx folder, and the fx folder in the Sound folder. "water006.wav" would go into the Water folder. It would then be 'Packaged for MO'. The same rules apply to all mods you get, unless you want to follow the #2 method for installing mods, which means getting the error that  'data is not on top level', and moving files around in MO's virtual path to get the files you want out of their original (usually 'Data', but not always) folder, and in a way MO instantly recognizes it. You do not always have this option, as some people package only the end file (water006.wav).

If you open your Data folder, you'll see folders in there that say Sound, Meshes, Textures, etc. if you install manually. What Mod Organizer recognizes is this path. Any folder you package your mods in, that would normally be found in the Data directory, is what you want to "rar" or "zip" when packaging for MO. Example: Data is no good. Anything IN Data is.

1) [Meshes] Meshes will be found in your Data folder, or it would be more appropriate to say they "should" be found in your Data folder. This is the purpose of the 'virtual path'.

2) If you have meshes, textures, sounds, etc. in your mod, you'll need to put these files into a folder, and name that folder whatever the mod's name is, and add that to *mod title*.rar.

If you want the info to be recognized by MO immediately, you need to open Data, and click on Meshes. Right-click, and choose "add to Meshes.rar". Rename it to "*mod title*.rar", and use MO to import it. Or, simply rename 'Data' to the mod's title, and rar that, assuming all of the folders in Data are in the correct paths.

You'll get the option to name the mod whatever you want when you import them, so if your mod requires a specific (re)name to work (very rare cases), be sure to name them accordingly when naming the mod during your repacking process. You can still name it whatever you want when you import it, without penalty.

Mod Organizer is Ingenuity    Mod Organizer is Inspiration    Mod Organizer is Evolution

So. I have a small question. 

Maybe it was already answered or stated somewhere, but I'm to lazy to read through the hole thread. 

My Question is how I could get the CK working with MO. I don't mean how I set up the path and stuff like that. 

I mean how do I create Scripts inside the CK, which can directly be compiled. Atm I need to exit the CK, copy the script form the overwrite folder to the skyrim folder and than restart the CK, whicht takes way to much time. Also my CK do not want to create a SexLab Property... I don't know I enter it and than it doesn't appear in the list....

I hope that smebody can help me. 

Greetings

~TK

That was indeed answered. The thread's only 5 pages long.  :P

The answer is don't. Just use CK as you normally would. Running CK through MO is only good for making things like esp's, like followers and quests. The bigger stuff needs to be done as normal, at least for now.

That was indeed answered. The thread's only 5 pages long.  :P

The answer is don't. Just use CK as you normally would. Running CK through MO is only good for making things like esp's, like followers and quests. The bigger stuff needs to be done as normal, at least for now.

Thank you very much for answering. 

Yeah... I'm very lazy right now. haha

Edit: Oh I forget. If I want to create a property for Sexlab is it enough to only copy the esm into the skyrim directory?

New version is out. Here's the latest from Tannin:

Version 1.0.7 (Codename: RC8) released

Sorry, version 1.0.6 has a packaging error, please update to 1.0.7.

Version 1.0.6 (Codename: RC7) released

Bugfixes and improvements to the nmm importer, (integrated) fomod installer and fnis checker.
Also fixed a problem where the mod list wasn't immediately updated on changes.

Reminder: If you have a problem with 1.0, please make sure that problem is reported on the issue tracker and read the comments for the issue! In cases where I can't reproduce issues I often require feedback of users who can.

General Version 1.0 notes:

Big new update for those that haven't been using the beta.

Before I get into the features: the "rc1" in the version number means "release candidate" for 1.0.0.
It means that - to my knowledge - this version stable (most probably more stable than the version you're running
right now) and if no major issues show up it may simply be relabled 1.0, but I want to do more public testing before
actually calling it "1.0".

What's new (excerpt):
- NCC is now bundled with MO
- permission problems when deleting/overwriting mods are handled better
- plugins can now be written in Python. You need to have Python 2.7.x (32bit) installed to run these
- A new configuration plugin (based on Python, see above)
- Implemented a trick (a hack really) to massively speed up the Skyrim start)
- mod "grouping" displays mods grouped by their nexus id or category
- You can now configure which download server to prefer
- Removed the integrated web browser, downloading via your regular browser (like with NMM) is now the default
- You can now set up different tools to handle Nexus downloads for different games
- Introduced easier ways to move files from overwrite into regular mods (existing or new)
- Many many more improvements and bugfixes. Check out the changelog on Nexus.

A Note on versions:
For the near future the 1.0 versions will only receive bugfixes and minor features that won't break anything.
At the same time I will release "patches" versioned 1.1.x to preview and test new features. Those patches will not be installed through the automatic updater.

On Translations:
The translations of MO are becoming increasingly outdated. If you're one of the original translators or interested in helping with the translation efforts: The translation page is hosted at
http://translate.tannin.eu/
This page does not allow you to register directly, you need to contact me to create an account.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

MO is always getting better!  :)

It would take a lot of repacking. I'd say just add everything to the Skyrim folder, and tell MO to run the .exe. I looked at it, and I don't think it's worth doing it any other way. I haven't tested it though, so let me know if it works fine that way. If not, I may post a complicated way, but I also may not, as I don't use either one of those bodies.

Wow, that was some big debate on MO over there, while grabbing the latest set of patches.

Debate?? Everything okay? MO having contraversy on Nexus or something?

Only remotely serious thing I saw was the USKP devs bitching about MO being able to change the .bsa load order or something.

So, yay, MO messed up at random, ended up crapping all over the game, saves messed up beyond repair... Oh goodie...  There goes Skyrim for me for the next 2 months.  Epicly pissed trying to sort out what the hell happened.  Even loading a new profile or reinstalling MO from scratch doesn't seem to do anything to fix the issue.  It's like ALL saves suddenly became clean (as in pure vanilla clean) and all mods reloaded from the start, meaning one huge, terrible mess.  Lost enchanted equipment, character facegen, loaded scripts, settings... Also bloated Papyrus log to infinity, 1,5mbs in under a minute, which means practically every character save has been screwed.

EDIT: Ok, something got seriously problematic with the new Unofficial Patches... After spending hours on this, disabling them allows the game to load.  Enabling them seems to somehow make MO unable to load the DLCs... >_>  Strange because it was working normally till this afternoon.

EDIT2: Ok, managed to get it to work after 5 hours of messing around.  Not sure what gives though, I think it's the number of mods but I had the same number before... >_>