All it really means is the makers of MO will need to change the addresses the program uses to log into the Nexus or it will lose the ability to download mods directly. It can still be used offline by downloading the mod and then loading it manually. Not a big deal if you already download mods from non-Nexus sites, like this one.

The above is nice to know.... too bad I can not seem to get an answer about HOW to actually do it!  I read all you had to do was put the mos in MO2's download folder... but where the hell is that folder located!?

FOUND IT!!!    so just disregard the above, please.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So i kept looking at the issue i encountered yesterday and looked even deeper into it and thought to myself "what if, not the mods but Mod Organizer 2 itself has an actual installed mod limit aside from the 254 skyrim allows you to normally load".

I searched into it and a few years back another guy with a very heavy load order seems to have encountered the exact same issue.

Not only that i also found a few other people who have encountered a similar issue with less than 140 plugins active.

Now to describe the behavior of the game, its the same as in starting the game with more than 255 plugins.

Whenever you try to load saves there is a popup saying the game cant load plugins and starts with the official DLCs Dawnguard Hearthfire Dragonborn etc and goes to mention the rest of the mod list.

The fix as the guy on loverslab mentioned is to "Copy general Aspects" on the merging tool.

Thing is im using the zMerge tool cause i found it to be more stable than the previous one for me.

If anyone knows what the issue could be i would be thankful as this has nothing to do with actual load order and more like an MO2 issue.

On 2/9/2020 at 4:18 PM, Verina said:

The above is nice to know.... too bad I can not seem to get an answer about HOW to actually do it!  I read all you had to do was put the mos in MO2's download folder... but where the hell is that folder located!?

FOUND IT!!!    so just disregard the above, please.

YOu can also use the game mod installer option on the top left. Either will work.

10 hours ago, killer8217 said:

So i kept looking at the issue i encountered yesterday and looked even deeper into it and thought to myself "what if, not the mods but Mod Organizer 2 itself has an actual installed mod limit aside from the 254 skyrim allows you to normally load".

I searched into it and a few years back another guy with a very heavy load order seems to have encountered the exact same issue.

Not only that i also found a few other people who have encountered a similar issue with less than 140 plugins active.

Now to describe the behavior of the game, its the same as in starting the game with more than 255 plugins.

Whenever you try to load saves there is a popup saying the game cant load plugins and starts with the official DLCs Dawnguard Hearthfire Dragonborn etc and goes to mention the rest of the mod list.

The fix as the guy on loverslab mentioned is to "Copy general Aspects" on the merging tool.

Thing is im using the zMerge tool cause i found it to be more stable than the previous one for me.

If anyone knows what the issue could be i would be thankful as this has nothing to do with actual load order and more like an MO2 issue.

There isn't a mod limit for Mod Organizer. You can have 1000's of mods installed into it. You can activate as many as you want. Install mod limit is game specific issue.

When that pop up occurs it is due to the manager not having the mods activated. (properly) Both I and the OP (as well as many others ) have had hundreds of mods installed without any issues. (barring of course the plugin limited of the game)

It has everything to do with the actual load order and mods activated. You can't merge mods and remove the original mods and expect the saves to still work properly. MO is looking for those files to be there.

44 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

There isn't a mod limit for Mod Organizer. You can have 1000's of mods installed into it.

True, but keeping track of what the hell goes with which profile is a pain in the but the more mods you have installed,  I found it easier to just clone the mo install itself, re-direct all the tools to the new install, then delete everything that is not part of the install, and add the ones I do want in it, sure it takes up a fair bit of disc space, but they are not that expensive at present, well not unless you are talking solid state drives anyway, and I only use them as the boot drive, games and such go on one of the four 6tb drives my games rig has installed.

2 hours ago, Varithina said:

True, but keeping track of what the hell goes with which profile is a pain in the but the more mods you have installed,  I found it easier to just clone the mo install itself, re-direct all the tools to the new install, then delete everything that is not part of the install, and add the ones I do want in it, sure it takes up a fair bit of disc space, but they are not that expensive at present, well not unless you are talking solid state drives anyway, and I only use them as the boot drive, games and such go on one of the four 6tb drives my games rig has installed.

All I did is keep the left side in the order I needed for all the mods. Most of the time the order works for all profiles with a few exceptions if you are doing something special. However, for the most part it works.  Also consider using the search tools, categories and even adding something ( something here) in the name to help. I did similar early on but for the most part that isn't needed now. 

If you are really complex.. you can combine entire profiles into a "compilation" for your use later.  Just grab the files and drop them one after another into a folder in order from top to bottom. Let the overwrites happen (as needed of course or manually clean out the files that are in conflict that you can't have in the compilation win)  How do you think I create SMMP?

• 1 year later...

I use MO2 for fo4 and have no problem creating clothes replacers , custom clothes etc for my fusion girl body and making those clothes in bodyslide , bouncing phyics etc etc.

I have a problem with MO2 (latest version ) and Skyrim SE .I have set up all the basic stuff race menu, bodyside , finis , CBBE with physics etc .

Bodyslide works (sorta ?).  I can create custom clothes after sliding them in bodyside and creating a mod from the overwrite and they will appear in the game  with the mod that used them .However if I try using a mod that create custom vanilla clothes , slide the files , and create a mod from the overwrite , nothing happens ?? I remember in FO4 i had to edit one of the ini's mo2 used . IS this the same thing?

• 1 year later...
On 12/3/2023 at 4:17 PM, Linggoshow said:

I selected my skyrim folder for a 'game to manage' and it just says that it isn't the directory file, i'm pretty sure it is and it just isn't working, i've gone to steamapps/common/Skyrim special edition.

Try running the skyrim launcher at least once so entries are written to windows registry