Might be a lil old now but if anyone gets this error when running fnis

Could not find file 'D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\bear\behaviors\bearbehavior.hkx'.

If you look in the same folder with the FNIS.exe you'll notice its placed the bearbehavious.hkx in that folder most likely

the way you installed the game or fnis instead of going through the actors folder it goes through the FNIS folder is

my guess, anyway just put the HKX file in the behaviours folder and repear till it succeeds might take 10 or so minutes

manually doing this though

Yesterday I suddenly discovered that Devious Devices collars are invisible. To be more precise, anything referencing collarPostureLeather.nif, collarPostureLeather_go.nif, collarPostureSteel_1.nif, or collarPostureSteel_go.nif, no matter what mod is doing the referencing, is simply invisible, in the inventory, on actors, and on the ground. After turning everything off and on again, confirming the meshes were in their proper location, ensuring that they were not being overwritten by another mesh via MO's conflict list, opening the meshes in NifSkope to double-check that the model was actually intact, and running the game with only Assets and its requirements active and installed, I reinstalled Assets only to have everything that uses Assets' assets suddenly invisible.

So I checked MO's logs and discovered the meshes in question were never showing up as a createfile DEBUG line. As far as I could determine, that meant that MO was not doing whatever it does to allow the game to see the files. And sure enough, when I moved the meshes out of their MO mod folder and into the real Skyrim data folder, they started working in-game. Upon checking MO's logs again, even though MO claims Assets is overwriting the loose files in the data folder, it still isn't actually making them available to the game.

I am running MO 1.3.3 and have not noticed this issue occurring with the assets from any other mod. Does anyone have any clues on why this is happening and/or how to fix it? Going back to putting mods into the actual data folder seems to be the only solution at this time. I ask here because my experience with MO's "official" support forum has been horrendous, to put it mildly.

Wow.. that is something that perhaps Awfularchdemon might need to PM Tannin about. I did have some files go missing recently with 1.3.3 before I nuked my OS install. (other reasons of course still have backups of MO.. :D however likely refresh the load anyway when I get the computer up and running again.) However I didn't have that experirence where noting would work regardless. usually manual installing the files directly into the Mod Organizer/MOD folder worked just fine. (Uncompressed and in proper folder structure in case anyone was wondering. I have done the same with TTW as well. Kind of like manual install without actually placing the files into the actual Data folder. MO does nothing with the files themselves except present them to the data folder at run time)

This is every access MO makes to DDA despite two items with DDA meshes being on the PC on saveload, numerous actions taken with them via the inventory, and other items using different DDA meshes being added to the player.

(17:57:13.0184): using mod "Devious Devices Assets"
DEBUG (17:57:13.0548): indexing Devious Devices Assets
DEBUG (17:57:30.0812): first access to Devious Devices Assets
DEBUG (17:57:30.0813): createfile w: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DATA\Devious Devices - Assets.esm -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Mods\ModOrganizer\mods\Devious Devices Assets\Devious Devices - Assets.esm (80000000 - 3) = 00000A3C (0)
DEBUG (17:57:30.0813): get file attributes: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DATA\Devious Devices - Assets.esm -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Mods\ModOrganizer\mods\Devious Devices Assets\Devious Devices - Assets.esm: 800
DEBUG (17:57:30.0813): createfile w: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DATA\Devious Devices - Assets.esm -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Mods\ModOrganizer\mods\Devious Devices Assets\Devious Devices - Assets.esm (80000000 - 3) = 00000A3C (0)
DEBUG (17:57:32.0965): createfile w: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DATA\SCRIPTS\zadAssets.pex -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Mods\ModOrganizer\mods\Devious Devices Assets\SCRIPTS\zadAssets.pex (80000000 - 3) = 00000F18 (0)
DEBUG (17:57:37.0702): createfile w: data\Devious Devices - Assets.esm -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Mods\ModOrganizer\mods\Devious Devices Assets\Devious Devices - Assets.esm (80000000 - 3) = 00001068 (0)
MO is presenting the plugin and the single DDA script, but none of the meshes. It's also presenting no textures, but that's probably because the game doesn't ask for textures to go on non-existent meshes. And before anyone says anything, no, there's no UAC issues. Proper permissions have been given to the Program Files folder.

Proper permissions have been given to the Program Files folder.

There very well might be a bug however most here and likely Tanning himself loads Steam - etc outside of Programs folder so it is likely this bug hasn't been seen by most here.

yes what is happening still don't make any sense at least to me. But at least there is some more useful info. Maybe that might help the brains of MO.. :)

My problem previously was the NMM installer glitched occasionally and didn't give me all the files. Your case is completely different. Never see anything like that happening at least to me (or anywhere else on the forums as well)

Proper permissions have been given to the Program Files folder.

There very well might be a bug however most here and likely Tanning himself loads Steam - etc outside of Programs folder so it is likely this bug hasn't been seen by most here.

Well as I said, the issue with installing things in Program Files, mainly UAC telling programs they can't access themselves, isn't a problem because I fixed Windows' utterly insane default permissions, so where the programs are installed has no bearing on this issue.

EDIT: Putting just the "broken" files into a different MO mod makes them work again.

INFO (21:54:58.0817): using mod "DDA Test"
DEBUG (21:54:59.0720): indexing DDA Test
INFO (21:54:59.0957): using mod "DDA Test"
DEBUG (21:55:00.0925): indexing DDA Test
DEBUG (21:55:06.0789): first access to DDA Test
DEBUG (21:55:40.0112): createfile w: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DATA\MESHES\devious\devices\beltPadded_0.nif -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Mods\ModOrganizer\mods\DDA Test\MESHES\devious\devices\beltPadded_0.nif (80000000 - 3) = 000012C4 (0)
DEBUG (21:55:40.0133): createfile w: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DATA\MESHES\devious\devices\beltPadded_1.nif -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Mods\ModOrganizer\mods\DDA Test\MESHES\devious\devices\beltPadded_1.nif (80000000 - 3) = 000012C4 (0)
DEBUG (21:55:40.0134): createfile w: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DATA\MESHES\devious\devices\collarPostureSteel_0.nif -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Mods\ModOrganizer\mods\DDA Test\MESHES\devious\devices\collarPostureSteel_0.nif (80000000 - 3) = 000012C4 (0)
DEBUG (21:55:40.0152): createfile w: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\DATA\MESHES\devious\devices\collarPostureSteel_1.nif -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Mods\ModOrganizer\mods\DDA Test\MESHES\devious\devices\collarPostureSteel_1.nif (80000000 - 3) = 000012C4 (0)
Renaming the mod through MO does not work. Copying the entire mod into the test folder and only running that folder instead of the original works. Deleting the original folder and renaming the test folder to match the original works. So overall nothing has changed but it works now. Though it had also stopped working after nothing had changed, so... problem solved? I'm suddenly really worried about my SSD's health.

That's a creepy issue. Just creepy. There is a reason I don't have this version or the last one on my OP. I await fixes, or a new version. I can't say for sure your issue is not related to your comp, but this version has had bugs, so I recommend 1.2.8 for now.

Hello can someone tell me where enchanted character edit preset foler is

If you mean Enhanced Character Edit, it's here:

...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\Enhanced Character Edit\meshes\CharacterMakingExtender\Presets

Great...

Well, I know what people meant when they said the whole right column in MO deactivated and rearranged. Every plugin went inactive, and was put somewhere else, as if I just added them all at once in no particular order. This was 1.2.8.

Back up those modlists and loadorder texts people! :o

I rearranged them with Loot for the first time ever. So far it's working, but my plugins are most definitely in a different order.

Guest marieruth

I'm having troubles with textures from bodies properly showing up on characters, but only when I install them through MO.

I use Schlongs of Skyrim, and I've been testing out multiple female bodies throughout today.

After attempting to manually install a female body, the textures actually showed up.

I'm not sure if I installed it wrong, but I make sure to check the pathing for the texture files.

The penises show up fine for SOS, but the actual skin texture still has underwear on it, which it shouldn't..

I had to revert to using 1.2.8 since I've had pretty bad load order issues with using 1.3.3 MO for Fallout.

I'm hoping there's someone out there who's run into similar problems with the body thing, since I don't know what else to try besides switching back to NMM (again), or even going manual. 

I'm having troubles with textures from bodies properly showing up on characters, but only when I install them through MO.

I use Schlongs of Skyrim, and I've been testing out multiple female bodies throughout today.

After attempting to manually install a female body, the textures actually showed up.

I'm not sure if I installed it wrong, but I make sure to check the pathing for the texture files.

The penises show up fine for SOS, but the actual skin texture still has underwear on it, which it shouldn't..

I had to revert to using 1.2.8 since I've had pretty bad load order issues with using 1.3.3 MO for Fallout.

I'm hoping there's someone out there who's run into similar problems with the body thing, since I don't know what else to try besides switching back to NMM (again), or even going manual. 

You have to make sure that the archive invalidation has been checked when creating the profile if not there might be some issues with the new textures etc. That might be your problem. When looking at your profile you can see "local saves" etc make sure there is a check mark on the archive invalidated. After that make sure all the paths for the objects is correct, meshes, Textures esp/esm is what you should see in the explorer option on the mod in question. If the folder structure is wrong that will also cause you problems. If you are familiar with manual install these files should look exactly like the structure you would have if manually installed. Finally you might have too many textures running at the same time or used the auto extract bsa option with MO. I have had texture problem using the auto extract option. I keep the files exactly they way they are given to me or I repack/extract them and structure them myself outside of MO and then repack them into a proper structure before installation.

Guest marieruth

You have to make sure that the archive invalidation has been checked when creating the profile if not there might be some issues with the new textures etc. That might be your problem. When looking at your profile you can see "local saves" etc make sure there is a check mark on the archive invalidated. After that make sure all the paths for the objects is correct, meshes, Textures esp/esm is what you should see in the explorer option on the mod in question. If the folder structure is wrong that will also cause you problems. If you are familiar with manual install these files should look exactly like the structure you would have if manually installed. Finally you might have too many textures running at the same time or used the auto extract bsa option with MO. I have had texture problem using the auto extract option. I keep the files exactly they way they are given to me or I repack/extract them and structure them myself outside of MO and then repack them into a proper structure before installation.

I use 3 texture mods that decrease the size of textures of in-game objects, mostly for performance since I'm on a laptop, maybe those could be the issue?  Also, every single BSA is listed with a grayed out check mark, are those auto extracted? I never unpack BSAs manually, and all of those tend to only have BSAs. I hope those aren't the problem, my game runs a whole lot better with them...

You pretty much now have to go into the Mod Organizer and set up auto extraction so I doubt unless you did so that they are being extracted. Can't remember what is going on with the grey and BSA but if you are telling MO to manage them in the panel for this (option) instead of you everything should be working properly based on the left side if memory serves me correctly. I don't currently have a MO / game setup. Got to get some alien abduction and cattle mutilation done to get my quota up.. (translate Got a shit ton of real life work to do and  game was just distracting me. )

BSAs are not auto-extracted. They are grayed out by default, because the corresponding plugin is enabled. Can't disable them. MO used to leave this up to the user, but it just does it automatically now. You can deactivate them if you disable their corresponding esp/esm.

Note from Tannin, for those who haven't seen it yet:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've been receiving and ignoring a lot of mails recently so I'd like to remind you guys that I do not provide support for MO by eMail or PM!. If you have trouble using MO ask your questions on the STEP forum. If you think you have a bug provide a good description on the issue tracker.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No, it's not a redirect. I post every Message of the Day. So no PMs to Tannin, guys. For those who say "well what about you?": My situation is a bit different. I've got LL's MO thread, and plus we BS and stuff. My PMs are either crucial info, or just general chat. Both end up being helpful somehow. Odd, but cool. :P

If you have sent him a PM, don't take it personally if he didn't respond. STEP (or here) for questions, Issue Tracker (Bug Genie) for bug reports, as long as they actually are bugs (I'll investigate if you're not sure), and not something that could be caused by a faulty comp or other mod tools/programs, or the infamous Default Install Path, Program Files (x86).

BSAs are not auto-extracted. They are grayed out by default, because the corresponding plugin is enabled. Can't disable them. MO used to leave this up to the user, but it just does it automatically now. You can deactivate them if you disable their corresponding esp/esm.

It has been removed? I thought as the last time I checked that it was still there but inside of mo and had to be manually selected and not a prompt as in previous versions.

Mod Organizer Special Instructions

Mod Organizer has a built-in BSA extraction feature. In v0.12 of Mod Organizer it will ask whether you want to extract a BSA when you install a mod with one. When the "Extract BSA" prompt appears when installing a mod, simply click [Yes]. Deleting the BSA after extraction is a good thing, it forces the associated ESP to rely on the newly extracted loose files.

I am aware the preferred and advised procedure is to not auto extract and use the BSAs for MO. BSAs being more effective and are still in the end treated by MO as loose files anyway. I had only mentioned it because some still might be following some webs instructions to extract everything. (relevant for those that aren't using MO)

I am aware the preferred and advised procedure is to not auto extract and use the BSAs for MO.

Ironically, MO now has a feature that tells you what types of files are in a mod. Except it can't read into BSAs, so unless you extract them it just tells you it has a plugin and mystery files.

Maybe someone with more experiance can explain this part ?? My list on the left was getting too big that i need to scroll allot to get to the mods i wanted to install, so i started to use the grouping option in MO to make them more organized but here the problem started.

Now i have them all grouped up but the mods in game no longer work the way it was before i started to place mods under certain groups and are cause more frequent crashes then i even seen before.

Maybe someone with more experiance can explain this part ?? My list on the left was getting too big that i need to scroll allot to get to the mods i wanted to install, so i started to use the grouping option in MO to make them more organized but here the problem started.

Now i have them all grouped up but the mods in game no longer work the way it was before i started to place mods under certain groups and are cause more frequent crashes then i even seen before.

I have played with this a bit. Not too much so I might be misisng something.

However...

The Priority is still what is needed to make sure that the items are listed in the order that you want. It is possible? maybe that now you are changing the priority of the mods while grouped and messing up the game in the process

D_MannXX2

You realize that you can install many of those mods right over the previous versions correct? You don't need to have the entire alphabet running in your MO ;). Also as a more advanced user such as yourself, I'd recommend you create mini compilations of various mods you are using. For example Tryouts has several mods so just open up a nice folder and drop those into one folder and give it the current date, zip it up and install it into MO. Clean. Same for SCR, Pregnancy, and other major mods like those. Basically any mod that the author distributes with options, or multi-part mods. This can make managing/viewing the mods much easier.

These "mini-compilations" are also have the advantage of being able to be easily activated later again if needed provided some glitch is found in the newer version without having a document(s) on how or what the hell was done to get the mod line up before.. :D My Old Skyrim MO folder was just like that. It got to a point that I couldn't be sure (easily) what mods were required or needed to "achieve" my goal later. So if I deactivated something I had to go back through and double check and sometimes (on rare occasion) leave the game after playing when I realized that a texture from "x" mod was missing or a conversation from "y" mod wasn't there anymore.

Now actual patches or "test " mods where you aren't sure are working the way you want.. yes keep them separate this way you can see the conflicts and give them a good run for their money. Later for mods like Bounties you can then merge them up as they don't change often.

I believe many "advanced" MO users do this (that is those that are comfortable with the tools available in MO and how it works)