It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Confucius

Chinese philosopher & reformer (551 BC - 479 BC)

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

- Lao Tzu

So... start walking... :D

So I've been working on my switch to MO and while sorting through my mods that I moved (the archives from the downloads) to the downloads folder, I was wondering if there was a way to sort downloads a bit better in the MO interface or to create folders within that pane?

Well you can drag and drop mods to the order you want, but this will change conflict winners. There is a search function at the bottom of the window.

You can't make folders, but you can make fake mod entries to use as list headers. To do this manually install a mod or file, delete all folders in the file tree, and rename it to the header you want and move it to where you want it. Having it active or not shouldn't matter.

The STEP wiki has info on filters and mod grouping:

Why just make a fake mod header when you can open up the configuration and create custom categories ? ;).

This categories seem cool however am slightly scared to have MO configure and manage my mods by catagories. However generally categories are a good way to resolve many of the conflicts.

I *may* have forgotten about custom categories... Problem is I don't use this stuff myself, I just use the search function when I need it.

I am sorry to simply post to praise Mod Organizer but I felt like I had to. I always ended up breaking my skyrim install by installing either manually or with NMM because stuff just ends up being overwritten. But now with MO it is as easy as checking and unchecking with mods to use and order then which virtually overwrites which without breaking skyrim in the process.

I suggest Gopher's videos as tutorials which taught me everything I needed to know, from using SKSE, bodyslide, tes5, creation kit and similar executable especially FNIS to profile and save game management.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4ZQpzf_iAE&list=PLE7DlYarj-DcLS9LyjEqOJwFUQIIQewcK
Said video playlist

I am sorry to simply post to praise Mod Organizer but I felt like I had to.

...and there's nothing wrong with that. ;)

Btw, Skyrim got an update (?!), but I've seen nothing bad happen (yet). I did see MO give me a message saying "line 232 in not checkable" though, which spammed on and on until I ran FNIS. Gone now...whatever. :-/

Aside from that, all ten million of my mods are working without any unusual behavior or problems.post-111270-0-39098200-1426349488.png

Update  <--

I didn't even notice the update when it happened, so thanks to shadow for letting me know. :angel:

I am sorry to simply post to praise Mod Organizer but I felt like I had to.

...and there's nothing wrong with that. ;)

Btw, Skyrim got an update (?!), but I've seen nothing bad happen (yet). I did see MO give me a message saying "line 232 in not checkable" though, which spammed on and on until I ran FNIS. Gone now...whatever. :-/

Aside from that, all ten million of my mods are working without any unusual behavior or problems.attachicon.gifcheck.png

Update <--

I didn't even notice the update when it happened, so thanks to shadow for letting me know. :angel:

Apparently there are issues with the update... Suddenly not looking forward to playing Skyrim later....

I just installed skse with ModOrganiser. when i select skse and click run i get the message failed to spawn "style sheets" : failed to start process (Access is denied. [5])

what did i do wrong?

SKSE should be automatically added to executables once installed, so check you actually installed the necessary script files, and if you added the exe manually don't use that one. You should have the scripts, but maybe not from the error message? That's my only ideas, sorry.

Edit: actually, Access is Denied sounds like it might be a permissions issue. Try making sure you are allowed to run the loader exe.

Hello everyone!

is there somwhere explained how to correctly check that mods are loaded in an appropriate order?

I mean just to have a general idea on how LOOT sort mods out for example (which kind of mods go first, which ones after...)

thanks!

thank you for the advice about where I should have my steam folder installed. I followed the instructions on the steam forum and moved it to C and now all is good. I have successfully installed all the mods I like using MO.   my game runs smoothly and all mods are working.  MO is indeed a blessing for people like me.  no more wasted time uninstalling all the mods one body mod requires and then installing half a dozen new ones for another just to find that the previous set up was better. with MO all I have to do is uncheck a few esp's.    it's idiot proof!

I've suddenly started experiencing very long or never ending loading screens for some reason.  everything was normal until I entered the Sleeping Giant to speak to Sven.

I've read about and downloaded Safety Load from the nexus. I installed it via MO and I was warned about overwrites and created and installed a new mod with the Safety Load SKSE plugin file. I loaded my save and got the same long or everlasting loading screens. have I missed a step?  I have checked my load order with the Loot tool and corrected the conflicts it highlighted. multiple esps etc. 

I've suddenly started experiencing very long or never ending loading screens for some reason. everything was normal until I entered the Sleeping Giant to speak to Sven.

I've read about and downloaded Safety Load from the nexus. I installed it via MO and I was warned about overwrites and created and installed a new mod with the Safety Load SKSE plugin file. I loaded my save and got the same long or everlasting loading screens. have I missed a step? I have checked my load order with the Loot tool and corrected the conflicts it highlighted. multiple esps etc.

Try loading a save from before you spoke to Sven if that is the point you can pinpoint the issue to. Also, this isn't really an MO issue, this should probably be in the Technical Support Thread.

One thing I have noticed when using MO.  After I play a game, Fuz R Doh creates a text file and this text file goes into the MO Overight folder.  Every time I want to run Skyrim I have been using Create Mod to get the text file out of the Overwrite folder, and then I use Remove Mod to delete it.

Is there a better way than to do this every time I want to run Skyrim?

Thanks for any tips!

I just leave it alone. If something pops up in the overwrites during normal game play.. I just move it over to that game's profile mod.. That simple. I don't even give it another thought. Also I don't remember getting as many Fuz R Doh's as you seem to be getting. Might be because you deleted the file ;).

Does the Mod Organizer version of LOOT ever update itself? I updated to 6.1 recently and this didn't update the MO version of LOOT to 6.1. It's stuck at 5.0 I think.

It's up to Tannin to add new LOOT versions. MO doesn't update LOOT on it's own. You could always install LOOT on your own, and update as usual. I've never even used LOOT, so more on that is beyond me. Used BOSS a few times, until I learned to move mods on my own. Never looked at either since. If I ran LOOT now, I get the feeling I'd regret it...

Does the Mod Organizer version of LOOT ever update itself? I updated to 6.1 recently and this didn't update the MO version of LOOT to 6.1. It's stuck at 5.0 I think.

It's up to Tannin to add new LOOT versions. MO doesn't update LOOT on it's own. You could always install LOOT on your own, and update as usual. I've never even used LOOT, so more on that is beyond me. Used BOSS a few times, until I learned to move mods on my own. Never looked at either since. If I ran LOOT now, I get the feeling I'd regret it...

MO's LOOT does a decent job even now. If you think you need more exact or newer version run LOOT through MO and you will be fine. As for you AwfulArchdemon feeling regret.. I don't think so however it is possible that some of the mods will be moved slightly into ways that you might not like but it will be functional. I use LOOT as a quick sort when starting or testing some mods together. Quick and easy. For my long term characters.. I generally move them around myself to get the desired load order. Newer members to the game / MO use should allow LOOT to sort it for them unless there is a specific reason to manually sort the mods.

See that's just it...all my characters are long-term. It's why I have 1,400 hours in the game :P. Most of my mods are from LL now. If I was still using mostly Nexus mods, I'd use LOOT all the time, but when I saw what BOSS was doing to my LO before, well, that's when I stopped using it. ;)

I have nothing against LOOT, but I know what order my mods need to be in, so I'll only have myself to blame if something goes wrong. I'd prefer it that way. :blush:

I have nothing against LOOT, but I know what order my mods need to be in, so I'll only have myself to blame if something goes wrong. I'd prefer it that way.

You are very brave. I admire you.... :)

Its not bravery.. It is knowledge and experience. Knowledge is a powerful thing. :D.

You can baically do the same thing with TESedit as well. Or even look at the masters that are being listed and see the order they are in and make sure that they are in the same order on the load list and basically also be fine. Takes more time that running LOOT but that is basically what it is looking at as well.

Years ago BOSS never worked for me properly so I had to learn how to sort my mods by the Masters and OPs. It took time but this experience helps me greatly now as like AwfullArchdemon I don't really need LOOT or any other manager program. It is just a lazy tool for me to get quickly to the game. If something goes wrong it usually only takes me a few minutes to figure it out and fix it.

Practice and experience will lead anyone down this path if they allow it to happen.

You are very brave. I admire you.... :)

It's called trial and error. When you've screwed things up beyond repair enough times, and crawled back up to try again, making less mistakes each time until you finally know wtf you're doing once and for all, you "graduate", and are free from the chains of relying entirely on other programs to do something as simple (but not always) and crucial as sorting the Load Order. That said, MO is a life-saver. I know for sure I need it, even though I could do everything manually. F*** that! Yay MO!

I have a high tolerance for doing tedious things over and over, and failing miserably, and buying a large coffee, and trying again and again all night, every night. This is my version of learning. Most would call me insane. I appreciate hearing "brave". Thanks. :D