alright I have to ask for help now. I've seen the question asked in the thread a few times but never answered.

So everything pretty much works except for after the even is done. My PC goes down and I get a struggle bar. But nothing else happens, all enemy NPCs just stand around looking at me forever, no event triggers even though several possible ones are active. I had in all my testing ONE instance of, what I believe was a left for dead event, in the 10+ attempts I made only one event triggered.

Any idea why this may happen or how to fix it?

EDIT
So I figured out that if all the Agressor NPCs die, to console commands or whatever then an event loads, but only then. I vaguely remember that not being the case normally
EDIT 2
NPCs will become hostile immediatly after telling you you can go, something is really wrong

Edited by TheNewGal
On 6/13/2023 at 3:23 AM, Bane Master said:

MCM Assault by Creature, Creatures Enabled?

I'm having the same issue. Creatures enabled and animations working, but wolves will just kill me and I "cannot surrender to this enemy". Let me know if there is a glitch found. Meanwhile I'll keep troubleshooting.

My manager is saying that the mod archive is incompatible with the Steam version. Is this the case or am I just having a moment? I have been using Vortex as my primary manager so that might not help, as it isn't explicitly said to be compatible.

I haven't used defeat in years because it was unstable, is it in a good place now? My main focus is male PC (ideally)mostly untouched and female followers that get assaulted. What are the differences between the bane version and the baka version?

Duh.. You can configure it all in MCM..

For some Baka's version works better (especially if playing as female) for others Bane's version works better, try them and see.

For me Bane's version works better, but sometimes issues like no engagements from enemies still occurs.

Edited by LukeDuke

@Bane Master Getting an issue where a follower that was previously assaulted now wont attack anyone, they just get ignored. I've tracked it down to the mgef defeatsttruecalmeff, which I got rid of by removing the spell defeatsttruecalmspl. That fixed it pretty much immediately. idk if you have any plans to update the mod more or if thats too vague to bother with, but i'll save the papyrus log just in case. I also keep getting an issue where enemies will do the "X moves towards X" to my followers as soon as they go down, not when combat ends. This messes things up because it half cancels or something due to combat, i think that might be what caused the other issue

Edit: Managed to fix the assault during combat by switching the down mode from both to on downed

Edited by johnhamm

@Bane MasterI've been encountering a few slight issues. I primarily play as a male with many female companions and I disable male x male content in defeat. It works perfectly fine for human enemies when I'm defeated by triggering health, stamina, exposure, or stun chances and it follows male x female settings. However when it comes to surrendering to human enemies and being defeated by creatures do I encounter problems.

For me, surrendering to human enemies works fine up until after they assault a female companion. The defeat scene then will hang indefinitely because I assume it defaults to triggering a player assault scene. However I have "male aggressors" disabled for player assault and "female aggressors" enabled...so unless there is a female present in the group, nothing will happen until I break out of the more difficult struggling state. The male npcs will go about there day like normal and will not take another turn with the companion nor will a new npc assault the companion until an assault scene triggers with me. I also use the follower enslavement mod and if the companion gets up and gets enslaved, the master will still engage in scenes with the enslaved companions.

The other issue I encounter is that being knocked down or surrendering to creatures while having the "male aggressor" disabled will not trigger any assault scene on companions until something happens to the player first. However unlike the human issue above, I don't get stuck waiting and the defeat scene will successfully choose a ending scene. I tested to see if it was just not triggering creature animations but they work if I stand far enough away and send a companion over to the creatures, ensuring that only the companion was in combat.

I am using your version of defeat with the dynamic lrg patch

Edited by krimsonxg
Forgot to tag Bane
4 hours ago, krimsonxg said:

For me, surrendering to human enemies works fine up until after they assault a female companion. The defeat scene then will hang indefinitely because I assume it defaults to triggering a player assault scene. However I have "male aggressors" disabled for player assault and "female aggressors" enabled...so unless there is a female present in the group, nothing will happen until I break out of the more difficult struggling state. The male npcs will go about there day like normal and will not take another turn with the companion nor will a new npc assault the companion until an assault scene triggers with me. I also use the follower enslavement mod and if the companion gets up and gets enslaved, the master will still engage in scenes with the enslaved companions.

The other issue I encounter is that being knocked down or surrendering to creatures while having the "male aggressor" disabled will not trigger any assault scene on companions until something happens to the player first. However unlike the human issue above, I don't get stuck waiting and the defeat scene will successfully choose a ending scene. I tested to see if it was just not triggering creature animations but they work if I stand far enough away and send a companion over to the creatures, ensuring that only the companion was in combat.

These are issues I have seen previously as I was testing (and generally play with) with a Female PC.

IDK if/when I will have a chance to look at Defeat again but if I do I'll take a look to see if there is a simple fix.

On 7/5/2023 at 5:31 AM, johnhamm said:

I haven't used defeat in years because it was unstable, is it in a good place now? My main focus is male PC (ideally)mostly untouched and female followers that get assaulted. What are the differences between the bane version and the baka version?

Weellllll, works well enough for me to use it.  When it doesn't work, there's just no assault at all (no game crash or anything).  But when it does it does.  Lots of playing around with the settings though as it's still complicated.  But yeah like you I like sending my companion in to do all the dirty work hehe.   Works great with inflation lol.

Also I'm using the Bane version.  IIRC Baka site got taken down from Patreon, at least last I looked. 

On 7/5/2023 at 5:31 AM, johnhamm said:

Banes version has very good fixes and NPC to NPC works.  The dynamic add-on is a nice addition. Banes Follower Slavery is designed as an extra follow-up to followers defeat processed by Banes Defeat.

Baka has extra cosmetic animation during struggle and some "fixes", NPC to NPC may not work.  Your follower assault likely to fail. Most FactoryClose\BakaFactory mods are now in LL. Check his profile's file section to find all his mods in LL. 

Banes will still fail if PapyrusVM is over stressed by heavy mods triggering during Defeat scenes and detection. 

Edited by safado
On 07.07.2023 at 23:46, Vitae777 said:

у кого-нибудь было такое?
Во время абсолютно любой секс-анимации игра отправляет меня в подземелье-лабиринт.

in short, it turned out that during the passage of the quest of the college of magicians, when I took the staff of magnus, I did not go through the short path (which is at the end of each dungeon), but simply returned through the entire labyrinth to the beginning and left with the staff. Because of what I did not meet NPCs with dialogue. I think because of this the game broke down and each time sent me into a maze. Started a new save, the bug disappeared. So if someone encounters such bugs, most likely it will not be the mod that is to blame, but the quest that you did not complete

Is it necessary neccesary to turn off "NPC vs NPC" feature? Seems like with this feature turned off, enemies don't have interest in my character when some conditions are met. Yes, it sounds weird.

You see, I noticed that enemies are not interested in my futanari follower (schlongified and turned her gender to "male" in Sexlab). I found this very strange and tried to fix it through "NPC vs NPC" feature.

I turned on "NPC vs NPC" feature, clicked "male vs female", "male vs male", "female vs male" and "female vs female", then turned "NPC vs NPC" feature off. And after this, enemies lost interest in my character. They are interested only in my futanari follower now.

BUT when I turn "NPC vs NPC" feature on, enemies regain their interest in my character. I haven't tested if they are interested in my follower. Perhaps it is all just a coincidence?

I use Bane Master's version of Defeat version 5.3.6. And also I use "Dynamic Defeat LRG Patch 1.4 for Bane 09012023".

Edited by Delite

Hello, I was wondering how to change the key for surrender? I'm using the SE one, and use lefthanded controls, so pressing k for me to go backwords causes my character to surrender. Any help would be most appreciated. If it is supposed to be in the menu I am not good at finding it.

On 11/24/2021 at 11:59 AM, Bane Master said:

Hi All,

Here is an updated version of Defeat based on the original Defeat 5.3.5

This update is focused purely on fixing bugs in the original Defeat and does not add new features, therefore I am calling this version Defeat 5.3.6.

Defeat 5.3.6 is standalone, it does not require Defeat 5.3.5

ChangeLog Defeat V5.3.6 Bane 09012023

• Fixed Aggressors ignoring followers until hit when the Player is downed
  • Fixed Surrender scenes hanging in Strugglebar state at the end of assaults 
  • Followers will no longer stand around looking bored during Surrender scenes
  • Fixed MCM hotkeys being in an inconsistent state after Import or Reconfigure (Also the custom struggle bar color is now saved)   
  • Fixed Downed followers intervening as Witnesses
  • Fixed some link errors and grammar in the English interface file (sexlabdefeat_english.txt)
  • Fixed a condition that could cause Followers to stop combat when the Player is Defeated
  • Fixed the follower down first re-agro bug
  • Fixed compilation errors in some dialogue script fragments and populated a number of empty script properties
  • Fixed the Surrender key getting unbound issue
  • Fixed MCM Knockdown duration setting not working for followers
  • Fixed Defeat's Essential Player function failing when in None Locations
  • Tidied up some dialogue grammar - mostly in DefeatPlayerQST and regenerated SEQ File

The motivation for doing this was to provide a more stable platform for AndrewLRG's excellent Dynamic Defeat patch. I'm happy to say that he has been kind enough to provide an updated version of his patch that forwards the fixes I have added in Defeat 5.3.6 and provides some additional Dynamic Defeat bugfixes and content.

Changelog Dynamic Defeat LRG Patch V1.4 (for Defeat Version 5.3.6 09012023) by  AndrewLRG

• Fixed an issue when Dynamic Defeat was not working with creatures;
  • Fixed a small bug that could cause Devious Suit not be re-equipped;
  • Added a "creature toggle" option to disable/enable some Post-Assault events when defeated by creatures; (thanks to DonQuiWho for suggestion). Option can be found in Defeats MCM/Player Post-Assault page.
  • Updated Defeat's import/export mechanics to include all added features.

It should be possible to update a vanilla Defeat 5.3.5 game to Defeat 5.3.6 with or without the LRG Dynamic Defeat Patch but as ever, if you have problems,  either clean your save or start a new game. 

When updating to 09012023 you need to run 'Check for Compatible Mods' from the MCM to activate the updated follower animations after surrender.

Please note this version of Defeat and the Dynamic Defeat patch are NOT compatible with any other Defeat patches or versions.

Thanks to DonQuiWho and Herowynne for taking the time to beta test Defeat 5.3.6

SL Defeat LE.5.3.6 Bane 09012023.7z 6.45 MB · 921 downloads SL Defeat SSE.5.3.6 Bane 09012023.7z 5.56 MB · 4,281 downloads

Dynamic Defeat LRG Patch 1.4 for Bane 09012023.zip 250.48 kB · 1,967 downloads

So I am using your version, is it possible to add zaz and devious devices probability sliders in the post-assault. Cause they don't seem to work

after the assault my character gets up and the fight resumes, I have this mod SM Essential Player SE that I think might be the cause of the issue, I hope its not cause I want to keep using it

could you also do this for npc vs npc post-assault, attach zaz and devious devices into them

another thing sometimes downed npcs don't have the downed animations on them, they are just standing still, but says defeated when your near them

9 hours ago, Bane Master said:

"This update is focused purely on fixing bugs in the original Defeat and does not add new features"

Sorry...

Damn, then how do I get Devious devices to work with defeat, what's the point of it as an addon in the original defeat if it does not happen, what do I need to edit or install to get it to work as a post assaults consequence?

10 hours ago, mythcraft said:

Damn, then how do I get Devious devices to work with defeat, what's the point of it as an addon in the original defeat if it does not happen, what do I need to edit or install to get it to work as a post assaults consequence?

The Defeat addon from @AndrewLRG adds a feature like that, but can only equip Devious Devices, not Zaz items.

AndrewLRG's addon requires Deviously Cursed Loot (DCL).

Edited by Herowynne