I can only vaguely remember some of the problems I had with the mod, I'll replay it again later this week and try find some of the broken bits I came across for a more detailed report. What I do remember was I started with the prisoner outfit on once swam a little and suffered a 170+ days of nipple bleeding effect that was a death sentence as there was no way to heal or dispel it. I know the outfit isn't really a requisite of this mod but kinda explains what I'm getting at when I say OP punishments.

My inquiry to the construction of the mod was that Id just like to see more to the mod, like adding your branding device. That alone would seem like a severe punishment/ reminder to most blasphemers especially if people reacted to the type of branding you received.

Shunned by college residence, refused services by shop owners, bogus crimes being pinned on you and attacked by randoms. Good times.

I tried merging branding and vigilants mods together and then the device became gigantic.

Then I changed branding into .esm and placed the device in the vigilants' hall but all reference aliases from VOS became invisible in CK.

Well I hope you can work it out. Is the problem from trying to recreate the branding dungeon or device in the vigils to make it all one mod?

The way you used the doors to link all the towns was quite inventive so even if it meant having the mods install separate would it be easier just to create another door for the vigils and have them use it that way?

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So the vigilants become friendly to you and come to talk to you e.c.t. after you have cast a few conjuration spells, however for me they are just trying to kill me, no idea if i've done something wrong or if the mod hasn't installed properly, idk, can any help/suggestions be provided cos i'm currently confused.

So the vigilants become friendly to you and come to talk to you e.c.t. after you have cast a few conjuration spells, however for me they are just trying to kill me, no idea if i've done something wrong or if the mod hasn't installed properly, idk, can any help/suggestions be provided cos i'm currently confused.

Do you have "death alternative" (DA) ? if you do then an option in vigilant of stendarr (or whatever it's called) MCM menu should be ticked on, like "use death alternative blahblah".

They're friendly until you cast conjuration spells, then they come to beat you up, then when they beat you up, death alternative quest triggers, you become a medieval Home Depot hardware walking advertisement, vigilants become friendly again.

If they're friendly even after you cast conjuration spells, then you need to do player and npc reset in DA mcm debug menu.

If that doesn't help, try putting noobletstendarrinquisition.esp to the end of load order, and if there are other bleedout quests in DA make sure they have a lower priority than the vigilant bleedout quest (like if others are 99, make them 98 and vigilants 99)

Any chance of adding an option to make the Vigilants opposed to all magic use, not just conjuration?

I don't think that would be lore-friendly. In this mod http://www.loverslab.com/topic/48963-gross-obnoxious-3d-growing-hair-only-monks-can-heal-additive-whipmarks-unp/ you're restricted from using restoration magic.

I do like the permanent whip marks and restoration magic bits, but the main hair feature isn't my thing.  It doesn't say in the description - is that able to be turned off in MCM?

• 7 months later...

trying to play your mod, but something wrong with saves after summoning creatures, playing ok but cant load. i dont have SD or DA. cant understand where is problem, trying on old or starting new game. when install mod and load old save my girl become male, in racemenu change her again and playing without problems, all mod equipment works good exept one bugged thing with the same name. but i cant go to any mod event becouse of casting spell stucks my saves. have any ideas about where is problem? in other way it would be fine see your devices in standalone version.

• 4 months later...

I don't understand how to do the interrogation/confession thing.

I go to the hall of vigilants, cast a conjuration spell, they beat me, I get the bondage devices, I jump to get unstuck, read the note, but then all the vigilants just have the vanilla dialogues, nothing about interrogation. Including the one in the basement, who's an "apprentice vigilant" iirc. I don't have DA or SL submit or stuff like that (when people kill me I just die).

I managed to get rid of the gag and the plug-boulder-belt by manually entering the torture devices in the basement but it was very buggy and not particularily fun.

Also I can't craft keys at the forge even with lockpicking>25

the mod is bottom of my load order

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Well, on my 1st capture, instead of visiting the HQ, I just crafted the lockpicks :D 
Then the bastards found me again and sadly I was kinda stuck with constantly being defeated by them (they didn't re-equip the gear - I'm guessing they only do that once THEY freed you).
Anyway instead of loading previous games I figured I'll try stuff out and I ended up casting Fury on one and they fought each other.
Eventually one killed the other, so I think they aren't immortal after all.
Of course the 2nd bastard started smacking me down with his mace... since I really didn't want to reload I shot his face with kill command :P 
I'm wondering if I can use invisibility and just run away.
Other than that I'm not sure I can take them down (I'm only like level 7 though)

On 10/6/2019 at 12:30 AM, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Cool, hadn't seen this mod before.  I wanted (someone else) to make a Vigilants of Stendarr mod where they would notice if you were carrying any Daedric items, like Volendrung or the Mace of Molag Bal etc., and then demand you turn it/them over under penalty of... something.  

Ha! That's a pretty cool idea. Would work well with this mod :) 

• 6 months later...

I've got an issue with the holy water dunking. It walks me over and I get strung up, but nothing happens. I just wait there infinitely. 

Only once did it remove my conjuration spell but even then no animation played and it never let me down so I had to reload a save. Its supposed to dunk me in the water right?

As of now its a 50/50 shot of reloading every time i get punished cause only the hand one works... any ideas?

still love the mod btw, ty for working on it and sharing it with us <3!

• 1 month later...

I wish this theme could be spread over skyrim, ideal combined with sth like slaverun so we could transform skyrim into a brutal medieval inquisition kind of age.

are there any ways of making this more npc - npc interactive?

are there recomended story/quest mods that go well with this?