I use coc hallofthevigilant02 to enter the house,

and after beaten I received a heretic note, a black screen for a short time,

then I found myself kicked outside in the snowland, with some znsi stuff, but nothing happen.

I went back the house and it became burned.

Tried many times, all the same, what problem could this be?

Thanks!

That's a Death Alternative quest that teleports you to the original hall of vigilants that was or will be burned in dawnguard. hallofthevigilant02 is in the swamp SE from Solitude

I use coc hallofthevigilant02 to enter the house,

and after beaten I received a heretic note, a black screen for a short time,

then I found myself kicked outside in the snowland, with some znsi stuff, but nothing happen.

I went back the house and it became burned.

Tried many times, all the same, what problem could this be?

Thanks!

That's a Death Alternative quest that teleports you to the original hall of vigilants that was or will be burned in dawnguard. hallofthevigilant02 is in the swamp SE from Solitude

Thanks for replying, but how am I supposed to do to avoid from kicking outside?

Is there some options in DA that I can fix this problem?

Right now my walkthrough is

coc hallofthvigilant02 --> use a conjuration spell --> beaten and bleed out -->received a note of heretics --> than teleported outside in the snow.

Nothing happens after these, even when I came back to the vigilant02, there is no further step. Every charcter in the hall seems like nothing happened before.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Post which parts of it need work?

The purpose of the restraints is to stop the player from cheesing through the game with conjuration even after they are removed, at least until the player is strong enough to defend from the vigilants.

Not really your mod's fault. But when I take the first punishment from the Inquisitor (the beating), I just die. If I turn immortal mode, the whole thing just bugs out. I suspect this is because I'm using SKRE. Anyway, grump. Trying to work out how to get past this.

I can only vaguely remember some of the problems I had with the mod, I'll replay it again later this week and try find some of the broken bits I came across for a more detailed report. What I do remember was I started with the prisoner outfit on once swam a little and suffered a 170+ days of nipple bleeding effect that was a death sentence as there was no way to heal or dispel it. I know the outfit isn't really a requisite of this mod but kinda explains what I'm getting at when I say OP punishments.

My inquiry to the construction of the mod was that Id just like to see more to the mod, like adding your branding device. That alone would seem like a severe punishment/ reminder to most blasphemers especially if people reacted to the type of branding you received.

Shunned by college residence, refused services by shop owners, bogus crimes being pinned on you and attacked by randoms. Good times.

I can only vaguely remember some of the problems I had with the mod, I'll replay it again later this week and try find some of the broken bits I came across for a more detailed report. What I do remember was I started with the prisoner outfit on once swam a little and suffered a 170+ days of nipple bleeding effect that was a death sentence as there was no way to heal or dispel it. I know the outfit isn't really a requisite of this mod but kinda explains what I'm getting at when I say OP punishments.

My inquiry to the construction of the mod was that Id just like to see more to the mod, like adding your branding device. That alone would seem like a severe punishment/ reminder to most blasphemers especially if people reacted to the type of branding you received.

Shunned by college residence, refused services by shop owners, bogus crimes being pinned on you and attacked by randoms. Good times.

Bleeding is supposed to stop as soon as you stop running/sprinting.

I've seen npcs being branded by BDOD like 500+ times so it's boring to me already :)

Ok well the bleeding kept going probably due to the nature of what was happening to the clothes. First time equipped they could be removed it was only the second time you equipped them they seemed to change into the unremovable object. But I retried the mod yesterday and today and the forks work that way you mentioned although i still dont know how you expect a character to survive unless they have a large stock of healing potions. I was knocked out and spawned at the first vigils hall and could not cast spells, was bleeding out from the spikes so couldnt even fast travel or wait so with the 7 or so health potions I was only able to coc back to the other hall and talk to the inquisitor to get it removed. I would have had no chance otherwise.

As promised the bugs i found but seem to vary from install to install are

- your vigils hall almost has an Escherian stairwell, occasionally the inquisitor would wonder off or get lost somehow in the room loads if you entered via the door and not the stairs

- inquisitor would be beating you and you could start to slide towards the pillory for the hammering punishment before the beating finished. Doesnt break the game as the inquisitor goes back to her desk and the other npc does its thing fortunately.

- The leg shackles that force you to sneak well Ive never managed to get to that punishment as things tend to get very glitchy around the breast spreader. Player dies almost all the time in battle regardless of mods that handle the event. Maybe due to the bleeding effect, also CTD's alot about then as well. What i did note is you cant sneak before then and try talking to the inquisitor.

As for the branding device thats a shame you've lost interest as I did try urging the creator of slaves of Tamreil to extend on his branding scene but I think he is content with what he has already.

Interaction and immersion is what I like that's why i suggested the npc reaction to branding types your character can receive. But if your not interested in adding even the BDOD to your mod then perhaps I need to post it to the ideas forum in hopes someone will take on the project somehow. Ideally only mods i can think of that it fits naturally into is your mod and prison overhaul.

Drek71, on 28 May 2015 - 02:03 AM, said:

Ok well the bleeding kept going probably due to the nature of what was happening to the clothes. First time equipped they could be removed it was only the second time you equipped them they seemed to change into the unremovable object. But I retried the mod yesterday and today and the forks work that way you mentioned although i still dont know how you expect a character to survive unless they have a large stock of healing potions. I was knocked out and spawned at the first vigils hall and could not cast spells, was bleeding out from the spikes so couldnt even fast travel or wait so with the 7 or so health potions I was only able to coc back to the other hall and talk to the inquisitor to get it removed. I would have had no chance otherwise.

Do a search for heretic's fork. You have too actually look upward like 45 degrees with your mouse to avoid bleeding so the prongs don't pierce the skin haha.

The only way you coould die is when you choose to confess, get the oathbreaker and use a conjuration spell. Then you'll likely bleed to death (depending on what mods you have)... should've listened to the inquisitor when she said you're going to bleed to death lol.

You can also mine ore and make keys to unlock the restraints.

As promised the bugs i found but seem to vary from install to install are

- your vigils hall almost has an Escherian stairwell, occasionally the inquisitor would wonder off or get lost somehow in the room loads if you entered via the door and not the stairs
    - inquisitor would be beating you and you could start to slide towards the pillory for the hammering punishment before the beating finished. Doesnt break the game as the inquisitor goes back to her desk and the other npc does its thing fortunately.

- The leg shackles that force you to sneak well Ive never managed to get to that punishment as things tend to get very glitchy around the breast spreader. Player dies almost all the time in battle regardless of mods that handle the event. Maybe due to the bleeding effect, also CTD's alot about then as well. What i did note is you cant sneak before then and try talking to the inquisitor.

NPCs used to get stuck in the stairs, so i added a door so the player isn't blocked by npcs. Last time I tried you can be either pushed around by the whip and able to move the camera, or stay in place and not look around, so I chose the 1st one.
    The inquisitor is supposed to approach you and force greet  to start the dialogue you when you're wearing those.
    I'll try looking into wandering off and dying from breast spreader.

Thanks for reporting them.

As for the branding device thats a shame you've lost interest as I did try urging the creator of slaves of Tamreil to extend on his branding scene but I think he is content with what he has already.

Interaction and immersion is what I like that's why i suggested the npc reaction to branding types your character can receive. But if your not interested in adding even the BDOD to your mod then perhaps I need to post it to the ideas forum in hopes someone will take on the project somehow. Ideally only mods i can think of that it fits naturally into is your mod and prison overhaul.

Sure, go ahead :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not using death alternatives, they capture my character, screen goes black, wakes up with restraints put on.

Then a journey to the (not burned down!) hall of the vigilant without the ability to use magic and the ball and chain "handicap". Very nice and evil.^^

But then the hall is not changed what so ever. They speak their usual dialogues and I can't seem to get interrogated.

I really like the idea of necromancy being actively punished and not just lore wise, and quite frankly I love crazy restraints.

Looking forward to when all the restraints work properly on NPCs too, but right now I uninstalled the mod.

Good work though, except for the parts that are not good (duh xD)

I'm not using death alternatives, they capture my character, screen goes black, wakes up with restraints put on.

Then a journey to the (not burned down!) hall of the vigilant without the ability to use magic and the ball and chain "handicap". Very nice and evil.^^

But then the hall is not changed what so ever. They speak their usual dialogues and I can't seem to get interrogated.

I really like the idea of necromancy being actively punished and not just lore wise, and quite frankly I love crazy restraints.

Looking forward to when all the restraints work properly on NPCs too, but right now I uninstalled the mod.

Good work though, except for the parts that are not good (duh xD)

For the interrogation you go to the basement and talk to inquisitor called similar to "comfy chair"

NPCs lose a bunch of stuff after you save and load your game like referencealiases so they don't do anything , their inventory reverts to whatever they had before capture.

I really like the idea, wanna try it but after the mod has been.. more stabilized.

In the meantime, if it doesn't bother you, I'd like to try the concept myself... just with the equipment. Could you tell me what items are being used in your mod? I think they are from ZAZ's, but not sure about their exact names.

• 2 weeks later...

i need some assist. i can't get enslaved or whatever you call it in this mod. i have specifically created a backup of my entire game to revert to in case of a catastrophic failure or something else as bad. so currently i have started a new game and death alternative seems to fail registering capture. set to bleed out state only etc.. But no matter what i either get the message you succumb to your wounds and then restart or black screen of death XD.  what do i do nooblet123? 

Edit: i also read that using DA is optional, is that true?

Because i have no problem removing it for the duration of this "test". who knows if turns out to be great i may switch over to it. i like punishments and to serve.

i need some assist. i can't get enslaved or whatever you call it in this mod. i have specifically created a backup of my entire game to revert to in case of a catastrophic failure or something else as bad. so currently i have started a new game and death alternative seems to fail registering capture. set to bleed out state only etc.. But no matter what i either get the message you succumb to your wounds and then restart or black screen of death XD.  what do i do nooblet123? 

Edit: i also read that using DA is optional, is that true?

Because i have no problem removing it for the duration of this "test". who knows if turns out to be great i may switch over to it. i like punishments and to serve.

If you use DA, you need to go to MCM Vigilant menu and select "use Death Alternative". In DA disable the "DA death" event, that's probably what's causing you to restart. If you get stuck in bleed out, you need patches for DA or the latest version of DA (I'm using DA 6.1.8 and there's no black screen of DA with it).

If you disable DA and untick "use DA" the mod will use its own arrest code from long ago when there was no DA and everybody had to make their own arrest/enslavement.

You DON'T get enslaved. When you are defeated by vigilants, you get restraints (more with each arrest) that don't let you cast spells (and make combat harder). If you're a pure mage, you're screwed up now. At that point the vigilants have neutralized you and they are off to continue their patrol. To get the restraints off you either go to their hall for interrogation (fast way with some damage to health,stats) or mine a bunch of different ore to make keys (slow way, you need 25+ lockpicking at the forge).

Also you could refrain from using conjuration so you won't be hunted by the vigilants.

If you use DA, you need to go to MCM Vigilant menu and select "use Death Alternative". In DA disable the "DA death" event, that's probably what's causing you to restart. If you get stuck in bleed out, you need patches for DA or the latest version of DA (I'm using DA 6.1.8 and there's no black screen of DA with it).

If you disable DA and untick "use DA" the mod will use its own arrest code from long ago when there was no DA and everybody had to make their own arrest/enslavement.

You DON'T get enslaved. When you are defeated by vigilants, you get restraints (more with each arrest) that don't let you cast spells (and make combat harder). If you're a pure mage, you're screwed up now. At that point the vigilants have neutralized you and they are off to continue their patrol. To get the restraints off you either go to their hall for interrogation (fast way with some damage to health,stats) or mine a bunch of different ore to make keys (slow way, you need 25+ lockpicking at the forge).

Also you could refrain from using conjuration so you won't be hunted by the vigilants.

good enough for me.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw that this mod was updated and begin playing it.  Started with altnernate life style as a slave, got free and build up where I can conjure.  I had played before and had some troubles although I get the to the spready but currently the mod is providing  amazing role play.  My character is playing with a broken arm and she is pissed.  Went back to the hall and killed the Vigilants outside largely by conjuring the flame atronarch but also a left hand attach with sword.  Went inside where she was overwhelmed and underwent the exercism again..  Currenlty my girl is playing with a broken arm and she is once again pissed. 

I am going to make her hairy tonight.  I did not realize for some reason that you had made the Device of Doom which i also use with Paradise Halls.  I have gotten dark screen and stuck a time or two due to my other mods but have gotten free so far either the Vigilant MCM or in ZAZ MCM.  Was happy to find in the description that my girl Eve's broken arm will heal.  I don't think she is going to win, but I was plannig to do as suggested and use this mod permanently by just not performing certain conjurations while on other missions.  Nothing like having this incredibly violant and cruel vigilants on your ass at the same time as the bounty hunters and some ice wolves. 

I saw that this mod was updated and begin playing it.  Started with altnernate life style as a slave, got free and build up where I can conjure.  I had played before and had some troubles although I get the to the spready but currently the mod is providing  amazing role play.  My character is playing with a broken arm and she is pissed.  Went back to the hall and killed the Vigilants outside largely by conjuring the flame atronarch but also a left hand attach with sword.  Went inside where she was overwhelmed and underwent the exercism again..  Currenlty my girl is playing with a broken arm and she is once again pissed. 

I am going to make her hairy tonight.  I did not realize for some reason that you had made the Device of Doom which i also use with Paradise Halls.  I have gotten dark screen and stuck a time or two due to my other mods but have gotten free so far either the Vigilant MCM or in ZAZ MCM.  Was happy to find in the description that my girl Eve's broken arm will heal.  I don't think she is going to win, but I was plannig to do as suggested and use this mod permanently by just not performing certain conjurations while on other missions.  Nothing like having this incredibly violant and cruel vigilants on your ass at the same time as the bounty hunters and some ice wolves. 

There's an option to remove black screen in Death Alternative now too.

My current char is now lvl 42 and never used any conjuration spells in fear of vigilants lol.