View File

Devious Devices: Assets

This is a collection of SM-themed gear and devices for CBBE-HDT (Bodyslide) and UUNP female bodies.

A comprehensive list of mods that use these devices can be found at the

Devious Skyrim thread

USAGE

Simply install this mod with the mod manager of your choice.

REQUIREMENTS

Bodyslide and Outfit Studio

Which can be found here

SexLab Framework (any recent version)
Some items in this package have SexLab keywords attached to them to ensure compatibility with other adult mods

KNOWN ISSUES

Headgear (gags, blindfold,...) may not always fit perfectly depending on the character's race and facial features.

Minor clipping and/or deformation issues may occur when the character assumes extreme poses or performs certain movements.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

1. How do I access or use these devices?
Devious Devices: Assets is a modder's resource and doesn't place the items ingame nor assign or provide support for custom ingame behavior - these aspects are handled and maintained by separate 'Devious Devices' mods. Any issues with such should thus be referred to the respective mod author.

2. Why is a certain device not working properly?

See answer to the previous question.

3. Why do some devices not fit my player character?
These assets were made for a specific set of bodies (see 'Requirements'). Other body types are not supported and may cause visual anomalies.

4. Will there ever be support for males/beast races/additional bodies?

Probably not

5. Will there ever be support for additional bodies?

CBBE-HDT and UUNP are the most widely used and the most versatile body mods available for Skyrim. There is hardly any good reason to use another body. Given the stage in Skyrim's lifecycle, it is very unlikely to see a new body mod getting released with the potential to surpass either CBBE's or UUNP's popularity. We also do no want to continue support for older fixed-shape body mods, as this would dramatically increase our modellers' workload for very little gain. You can use Bodyslide to generate any body shape you wish, so there is no point in supporting a fixed-shape body.

5. Can I re-use these items in my own creation?

You're very much welcome to use the mesh and texture contents of the DDa mod in your own creative works if the following conditions are met:

1) The resulting mod or product should be available for free

2) There should be a brief mention of the source somewhere in the description and/or readme. Something along the lines of “Featuring Zadil’s meshes and textures from the Skyrim mod ‘Devious Devices: Assets’” would perfectly suffice.

Oh, and don't forget to drop me a short message with a link to the finished result. I'd be curious to see it.

6. Can I make suggestions regarding future content?

No new content is planned for DDa at this time. Please refer to DDx instead.

Credits

Min
for his outstanding work on the Integration mod and project management

Kimy

for keeping the chaos at bay

Koffii

for contributing additional high quality meshes & textures

Zaz & Xaz

for providing complementary animations to some devices

Coopervane

for his assistance regarding nif shader parameters & mod maintenance

Pincopallino

for the CBBE Slidersets

Gameplayer

for the UUNP Slidersets

All DD modders and beta testers

for their time and efforts

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/31/2013
  • Category
  • Requires
    Bodyslide and Outfit Studio, SexLab (any)
  • Special Edition Compatible

This definitely looks pretty high quality, and the inclusion of a book is an excellent touch!

I imagine making a SexLab plugin to match the belt's purpose would be entirely possible. Keep up the good work!

Thanks, Sapience.

The intention of the book was to make the mod somewhat more lore-friendly and to have something to tie potential future equipment mods of this sort together, glad you liked it.

Yes, there's definitely the potential here to integrate the items into the SexLab framework. I'm still fairly new to scripting though, which is why the mod doesn't offer any player functionality at this point. This is something I'm looking forward to implement in the future though.

@Jay1646: Click the download link and scroll down :) It's not an actual download link.

Amazing work by the way. It looks great, even for players to use as "clothing/armor" instead of using lore un-friendly "panties".

Kudos :D

Question though, what slot is it using? And If it's using slot 52, could there be a chance to change it so it uses another one? Asking because it wouldn't be the first time I want to use a piece of "armor" equipment that covers either the chest or the crotch area and find that it uses a Slot reserved for SOS - Schlongs of Skyrim :(

@jay1646: brb using imagination no more since pics now added.

Edit: replaced with referral to download page

Amazing work by the way. It looks great, even for players to use as "clothing/armor" instead of using lore un-friendly "panties".

Kudos

Thanks, monababii. Glad you like it.
Yes, it uses slot 52. I wasn't aware that SOS used the same slot, but I'm not surprised either, since that one is intended for equipment near the pelvic region. I might be able to change it to slot 49, but SOS might be using that as well.

Kudos

Yes, it uses slot 52. I wasn't aware that SOS used the same slot, but I'm not surprised either, since that one is intended for equipment near the pelvic region. I might be able to change it to slot 49, but SOS might be using that as well.

SOS uses the main armor slot and slot 52. I believe the main is 32 isn't it?

Either way, I'm not an expert in the matter  :P but there seems to be quite a few slots you could use if all you need is a slot that's for the pelvic region. For instance if you see the "Penis/Strapon" mods such as Cozy's or the Futa one, they both go in the pelvic region and none of them use either the main armor slot nor slot 52. I believe the Futa one uses Slot 49 itself. Not 100% sure but I believe so. Though using that slot and having it replace the futa D would even work great :P

Kudos

That is correct, the same one used by armor and clothes covering the torso.

Although to be honest I don't see how using the same slot as SOS is a problem, since the device is intended for females and SOS focuses purely on males, right? (I haven't used it myself yet)

Kudos

Either way, I'm not an expert in the matter  :P but there seems to be quite a few slots you could use if all you need is a slot that's for the pelvic region. For instance if you see the "Penis/Strapon" mods such as Cozy's or the Futa one, they both go in the pelvic region and none of them use either the main armor slot nor slot 52. I believe the Futa one uses Slot 49 itself. Not 100% sure but I believe so. Though using that slot and having it replace the futa D would even work great :P

Changing the slot to 49 is certainly doable. In fact, if those ones do, then this one should too, if only for the sake of coherence.

I'll make the changes shortly.

Kudos

Although to be honest I don't see how using the same slot as SOS is a problem, since the device is intended for females and SOS focuses purely on males, right? (I haven't used it myself yet)

The problem is SOS also works for Females. Although the "feature" is not per se -in- the current builds, it is internally a place-holder. A member here at LoversLab is the one actually working on the female version.

It has been one of the major pains of using SOS for a lot of people, the fact that your character doesn't have a D yet can't wear anything on Slot 52, otherwise whatever item is being used in Slot 52 will override the main armor. And even if you don't use an item that uses Slot 52 and just the main armor, mods like Frostfall stop recognizing those items. So if you were to use Frostfall and just relay on your main armor item for heat, it's basically the same as walking naked lol, even if the main armor piece item is full protection fur.

But anyway, yeah, even if you never intend to use the female version of SOS's schlongs, it will always also be blocked for females.

Edit: Cozy's D doesn't use slot 49. Not sure which one it uses but I'm certain it's different because you can actually wear both Ds lol. But slot 49 would be great yeah :)

I just thought of something, maybe a way for you to introduce this item in the game in an interactive way:

-Upon activating the mod and getting in game, there will be a random, though high chance of a "deadly" encounter with a stranger. Deadly is just a means to point the stranger is either very sneaky, that can knock the player stealthily, or very strong as to actually beat the player down.

After the encounter (and perhaps a SexLab driven scene), the player wakes up and finds that they still have all of their items, but something extra as well; a Chastity belt.

At this point the player must go to someone with experience in metal work, namely a Blacksmith, or perhaps a more underground kind-of group so they can approach the device from a different perspective, namely the Thieves guild.

If a Blacksmith (a specific one or any, depending on the author) is approached during the day, the player will have dialogs to speak to the smith, and as the smith realizes what they are dealing with, they will request the player to drop by later or at night to examine the "issue" in a more private manner.

From here on the quest ends with the Blacksmith removing the device and handing it to the player. Although as an extra step -if- the player decided to go to a Smith instead of the Thieves Guild, they will still need to contact with the guild in order to work around a way to interact with the lock; namely, employ the Guild's services to create a unique key. That is, if the Player decides they want a key at all.

Later down the line the player can somehow find out that the Stranger could/may have been one of the Daedric lords (perhaps Sanguine himself) or someone commanded by him, as means of both: a bit of chaotic entertainment, and introduce one of his personal "toys" to the world, much like the way Sanguine's Rose is introduced to the world... Or Sheogorath's Wabbajack for that matter.

A way to approach the real ending to the quest-line could be a simple Courier delivering a letter to the player from whatever Lord did it. A present from Uncle Sam (Sanguine), or Sheo. Maybe even twist the text a little bit depending on if the player has gone through either of those Lords' quests.

Another way would be much like the way the Dark brotherhood approaches the player, although for this quest it would be a bit more similar to how Sanguine's Debauchery works, in that the player would somehow "dream" of this encounter when they go to sleep.

-I know it may sound like a bit too much for just a chastity belt :P but hey, Zadil has proven he both likes and provides quality, so why not :D if it's doable at all and if the author has enough time to actually do it, I think it'd be quite something :)

Perhaps tie the whole thing up with the upcoming Sanguine's Debauchery 2, as a "plugin" quest much like the Spriggan's quest-line.

I just thought of something, maybe a way for you to introduce this item in the game in an interactive way:

-Upon activating the mod and getting in game, there will be a random, though high chance of a "deadly" encounter with a stranger. Deadly is just a means to point the stranger is either very sneaky, that can knock the player stealthily, or very strong as to actually beat the player down.

After the encounter (and perhaps a SexLab driven scene), the player wakes up and finds that they still have all of their items, but something extra as well; a Chastity belt.

At this point the player must go to someone with experience in metal work, namely a Blacksmith, or perhaps a more underground kind-of group so they can approach the device from a different perspective, namely the Thieves guild.

If a Blacksmith (a specific one or any, depending on the author) is approached during the day, the player will have dialogs to speak to the smith, and as the smith realizes what they are dealing with, they will request the player to drop by later or at night to examine the "issue" in a more private manner.

From here on the quest ends with the Blacksmith removing the device and handing it to the player. Although as an extra step -if- the player decided to go to a Smith instead of the Thieves Guild, they will still need to contact with the guild in order to work around a way to interact with the lock; namely, employ the Guild's services to create a unique key. That is, if the Player decides they want a key at all.

Later down the line the player can somehow find out that the Stranger could/may have been one of the Daedric lords (perhaps Sanguine himself) or someone commanded by him, as means of both: a bit of chaotic entertainment, and introduce one of his personal "toys" to the world, much like the way Sanguine's Rose is introduced to the world... Or Sheogorath's Wabbajack for that matter.

A way to approach the real ending to the quest-line could be a simple Courier delivering a letter to the player from whatever Lord did it. A present from Uncle Sam (Sanguine), or Sheo. Maybe even twist the text a little bit depending on if the player has gone through either of those Lords' quests.

Another way would be much like the way the Dark brotherhood approaches the player, although for this quest it would be a bit more similar to how Sanguine's Debauchery works, in that the player would somehow "dream" of this encounter when they go to sleep.

-I know it may sound like a bit too much for just a chastity belt :P but hey, Zadil has proven he both likes and provides quality, so why not :D if it's doable at all and if the author has enough time to actually do it, I think it'd be quite something :)

Perhaps tie the whole thing up with the upcoming Sanguine's Debauchery 2, as a "plugin" quest much like the Spriggan's quest-line.

The blacksmith will just cut the belt with scissors at a weak point and be done in 10 seconds. There are a few weak points that you can on the screenshots. :P

@nooblet123: Exactly :P Approaching the Blacksmith would be the quickest way to be rid of it, although you'd need to wait until he's at home to do these things privately.

Approaching the Thieves guild either doing so as the first step, or after you visited a Blacksmith to get the belt removed would be the "longer" part of the quest, to either remove it properly and safely with a neat key, or to continue the quest to try and figure who did it.

I'm not thinking of just making the whole thing tedious, even if everything on the list could be done in 5 minutes, it would still be neat to see a very immersive and interactive  :)

But anyway, yeah, even if you never intend to use the female version of SOS's schlongs, it will always also be blocked for females.

Well we certainly can't have that now, can we? The file has been updated and all belts should now occupy slot 49.

I just thought of something, maybe a way for you to introduce this item in the game in an interactive way: [...]

Curiously enough, I had almost exactly the same idea, unpleasant awakening and blacksmith and all. Even had Sanguine featured in a chapter of the book about the belt's origin I later decided to remove (him being the original inventor of the belt as an act of revenge against the followers of Dibella, who burned down his favorite brothel due to controversial practices perceived as perversions of Dibella's teachings). Thinking it over, Clavicus Vile would also make a good candidate for the role of inventor... 

But I digress. The reason the idea didn't make it into the mod is that I'm still fairly new to scripting, unfortunately. However, I intend to add additional features and maybe even a quest-line once my skills in that area improve. I'll definitely keep your post in mind for when the time is right.

The blacksmith will just cut the belt with scissors at a weak point and be done in 10 seconds. There are a few weak points that you can on the screenshots.

Just wait untill I make a version out of Ebony or Dragonbone...

@Zadil: Awesome to hear :D and thanks a ton for the change of slots! Downloading! 

Do give SD2's final idea a go as well, it would be one of those perfect items to go with it, specially for the hardcore settings;

I may have escaped, but I need someone to help me off my bindings... -And what in the eight Devine's names (sorry Tiber) is this thing around my crotch!

EDIT: Tested in-game, working perfectly and looking even better :) I'll leave some pictures.

7H6MpkDl.jpg

kS5Sb00l.jpg

ntJma0kl.jpg

@Zadil: Awesome to hear :D and thanks a ton for the change of slots! Downloading! 

Do give SD2's final idea a go as well, it would be one of those perfect items to go with it, specially for the hardcore settings;

I may have escaped, but I need someone to help me off my bindings... -And what in the eight Devine's names (sorry Tiber) is this thing around my crotch!

EDIT: Tested in-game, working perfectly and looking even better :) I'll leave some pictures.

7H6MpkDl.jpg

kS5Sb00l.jpg

ntJma0kl.jpg

Why, thanks for the pictures.

Do you mind if I add one or two (or all three) the to the description? I like the idea of forming a user image gallery...

@Jay1646

No worries, I too like to have something to look at before downloading a file.

Can someone post a Picture showing the sack? I cant find it. Searched for half an hour

Got worried for a second there that the last update may have broken the mod, but no - the sack is still there, on the floor right next to Tonilia and her crates in the Ragged Flagon.

Here's a picture of it:

20130801137533914155216.jpg

Great, now I can finally wander around Skyrim safely without worrying being penetrated by some perverted bandits in case I fall into their hands during my adventure, my dragonborn says thank you! Oh, wait.....What about my mouth?!

Seriously, good work, I will consider putting it on my follower when I'm leaving on a trip alone :P

Great, now I can finally wander around Skyrim safely without worrying being penetrated by some perverted bandits in case I fall into their hands during my adventure, my dragonborn says thank you! Oh, wait.....What about my mouth?!

Seriously, good work, I will consider putting it on my follower when I'm leaving on a trip alone :P

Yes, who knows what those followers and housecarls are up to when they're by themselves...

I agree, your mouth is still too... vulnerable. I'll have to do something about that in a future set of devious devices. Purely for the sake of protection, of course.

Can someone post a Picture showing the sack? I cant find it. Searched for half an hour

Got worried for a second there that the last update may have broken the mod, but no - the sack is still there, on the floor right next to Tonilia and her crates in the Ragged Flagon.

Either I am Blind. (Okay It was late that night) Or that sack was not there before. I stood there! Really! Believe me! I'm not out of my mind! I am not! *Gets dragged away by psychologists*

The problem comes when the couterpart to SOS (opening/closing female mesh) for females is finished and it too uses slot 52.

Best to nip that problem now.