MBP based npc replacer 0.81b by ES74

(S)He clearly didn't get to modding all the NPCs. In fact, he was strangely sporadic with he choices in which NPCs he altered. The Imperial City seems to have the greatest concentration of changes (but not all of them have been remade), and Quest important NPCs are well-represented...but I was surprised when the random settlers whose homes happened to be in the middle of a goblin war also got treatment. Kind of weird, but I like all the changes, so I won't complain.

It's slightly odd, since i installed this NPCs have begun giving me the 'i know your type, murderer' speech pretty much every time i talk to them, i thought that was reserved for guards.

Speaking of guards, the female guards this mod adds all have the male imperial voice, which is slightly creepy.

Still, the faces themselves are probably the best i've seen in a replacer.

It's slightly odd' date=' since i installed this NPCs have begun giving me the 'i know your type, murderer' speech pretty much every time i talk to them, i thought that was reserved for guards.

Speaking of guards, the female guards this mod adds all have the male imperial voice, which is slightly creepy.

Still, the faces themselves are probably the best i've seen in a replacer.

[/quote']

You're obviously using the MOD with an existing save game.

From the game's point of view these NPCs are still considered to be male.

You can change this with the console command "SexChange" but it requires a bit of work.

Following Bethesda's tradition of script commands and bugs, this command has a severe bug.

Target an NPC in the console, type "SexChange" and watch your game CTD instantly.

To avoid this you'll have to do it like this:

1) Find the NPC, open the console and get the NPC in the target.

2) Close the console and move to a different cell (load door or fast travel somewhere else)

3) Once you are in a different cell you can open the console again and (with the NPC to change still in target) use the SexChange command.

You should see a message like " is now female"

4) If you move to the cell where the NPC is your game will CTD again, so the final step is to save your game and reload.

Once the game is restarted the CTD problem will no longer occur.

5) Repeat for other NPCs (currently 7 NPCs IIRC)

Alternatively you could use the PRID command to target NPCs from a different cell. You'd need the PlacedNPC form ID (not the base actor) for that, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has this ever gotten any updates? :(

The author recently stated that he's rather busy. Plus' date=' he's currently playing Skyrim, so time to work on it is limited.

Since he doesn't know when the next update will be finished he's released his new Orc modifications as a standalone WIP here.

These will eventually be included in EURN when the next update is ready.

I too hope he will find the time to continue the MOD soon, since it's one of my favorites. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Found some untranslated dialog' date=' so I fixed it.

[/quote']

thanks prophour, it was funny that some building names were also changed to japanese/korean/no idea, i installed all asian language packages and cannot recognize characters at all, and sometimes when a guard tried to stop me the subs where in japanese i think, after i installed a whip mod my slash and smash changed to russian n.nU, like this подсечно-хитом, cherry's atelier is in spanish, and some from2chlives chars talk in japanese, my game is really international lately

• 2 months later...

This is awesome .. but we need to sign up to download from 4shared now? Oh well. And also acts funny on Firefox meow. I had to use IE (gasp) to download it

Anyway, im surprised this hasn't gained more attention on here... These face lifts for (most of) the NPCs is phenomenal ... Especially since the author changes the male NPCs also. MBP+EURN is amazing. Cannot play without anymore. The characters in vanilla just look way to ugly/cartoony :x

An update? Thank YOU. Does the author/Mod Maker ever read this page/LL? If you are reading this..

ほんとにありがとう!ほんと・・・MODはすごい!!

This mod is amazing. SO much life can be brought back to Oblivion. Can you image if every single NAMED NPC was replaced? You have done enough already, but of course we WELCOME more : ) No longer does this game feel like an extremely cartoony old game.

Thank you a thousand times : ) as for a screenshot in action...

• 4 weeks later...

It should be fairly low in your load order. Try it just above your bashed patch. For sure it should be below MBP.

After installing this for some reason the body texture doesnt match the skin :( face is either slightly bright/shiny or the tone is a little off. Very noticeable lol, any idea how to fix this? Only happens on female npcs. Only texture packs im using is Body seam reducer, IFT improved facial textures, and F-inevoblivion hgec textures.

without this esp everything goes back to normal, but refuse to play without it lol.

So any advice in how to make the body skin perfectly match with the face skin? I been replacing all the headhuman.dds headhuman_n.dds from the mbp npc replacer with the F-inev files. It did fix the redguards and darkelfs but problem still persists for some other npcs.

Match perfectly....? It will never happen :(

However you should be able to get a little closer match by opening up your oblivion.ini (the one in your my documents folder) and changing find bFaceGenTexturing= (if it is on 1 change it to 0).

I'm trying to avoid using that lol, makes every redguard white :(

is there a way to keep redguard black with bFaceGenTexturing disabled?

What bfacegentexturing does when it is turned off, is put the bodies textures on the face. It should not turn races a different color, so unless the bodies of the redguards where white with black faces then something else is going on here.

One step forward and two steps back....:(

Weird didn't know that, everytime I disable Bfacegentexturing it makes all my redguards white, body and face. With it body+face is black. Only tried this after MBP. Anyways, it doesnt matter now, just installed a PYFFIed texture for MBP pack i found from a thread here and it just mess up everything lol :( now ima just reinstall roberts body+textures, MBP full omod, then this mod again. Will overwrite everything, Idk if itll work.

• 2 months later...

When I turn on bfacegentexturing' date=' all my npc's lose their ages and all of them appear extremely young. redguards also turn white as naynay as said. (Azzan in the bloodworks looks like a teenager who hasn't shaved yet)

[/quote']

The "younger looking" effect is part of what is supposed to happen when you turn off the face texturing.

Not sure why your redguards turn white. I am wondering if some mod textures that you have installed are interfering. My redguards are not white. Now I don't use this mod but rather use XeoSP++ to change all my NPC's.