Creating a better bodyslide weighting. 3ds max, niftools and skin offsets.

zecoron

I've spent way too much time trying to figure this out... I suppose I should explain the issue, though I'm not sure anyone will be able to understand it.

I'm trying to create a better tbbp weight system for my body found here. But the issue I'm running into is a wrist seam... mind you, this is not a wrist seam caused by any normal issue, and it is not unique to my body. The issue is also present when building the regular bbp and tbbp bodies included with bodyslide... just a very subtle wrist seam only on the right wrist.

I guess the more important point is why this is happening. If you've imported some of these bodies (or cbbe hands for that matter) into 3ds max you might have noticed a vertex level offset around the right wrist, in addition to the "whole mesh" offset of -

x: 0
y: +2.5443
z: -3.2879

- inside the skin modifier itself.

And niftools doesn't seem to know how to save it in the same way it opened it...

I, of course, can't compensate for it by moving vertices because bodyslide moves the wrist vertices itself to the "correct" position when building bodies.

There are a few more venues of magic and hijinks available to me, but I may just be unable to solve this myself.

I can create any offset I want inside max by deleting envelopes, moving bones and recreating them, but I have no way of exporting it... it always just saves itself with a correctly positioned skin modifier...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Archived