Need help installing ENB correctly for skyrim.

D_ManXX2

Not sure how to explain this but after installing ENB i get micro stutter. if i uninstall enb my game plays fine without any stutter.

I tried getting the new enb boost but with that i get even worse framerate.

I am currently using the latest ENB

and my video card is Nvidia 1Gig.

I tried several ini settings but nothing i tried worked right.

even tried to fully disable any memory management in the ini setting.

Also the screen seem more blocky then without enb.

I actually followed the install instruction to the letter, i am not a modding illiterate. Witch was puzzling why i could not get this to work on my pc in any way.

But if you need info on my gaming rig:

It is an Intel Core i5 processor quad core

8 gig memory ram

Windows 7 64 bit

and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 TI with 1 gig of onboard memory

I have added the line bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 in my skyrimprefs.ini where my save game is stored.

I have followed this post:

http://enbdev.com/mod_tesskyrim_v0193.htm

And the one on nexus:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/38649/?

And all i got was not a very good gaming experience. As i stated without it my game runs silky smooth.

This isn't a modding list issue. so load order, will not do much good.

never mind:

looks like boris made a change log:

Okay folks, seems statistics is accumulated and what can i say:
* AMD cards have slight increasing in stability with ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false and can't reach the same performance and stability as NVidia cards with ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true.
* NVidia GTX 570 have heavy stuttering issues when ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true. Is this happen because of drivers for videocard model or for some particular modified game (because of mods installed), nobody know yet. When i tested with my old GF9600GT 512Mb videocard, didn't have issues, but my game have only official DLC HD texture pack and body mod.
* Previous binary 0.193 worked better against CTDs and by performance, updated 0.193 seems don't have issues with some videocards and drivers (like black character's skin on laptops), but with disabled hack it work not as good as previous.
* Borderless window feature not work for all users properly or they don't know how to setup game properly and have "pixelated" look.

So if the nvidia GTX 570 gets major stutter then 560 would get it too, since they both uses the same nvdia drivers.

So this is an enb issue itself.

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true

[ true or false ]

if i set it to true i get major stutter to false i get micro stutter.

I had the same issues when first trying to setup the new ENB. I had to go through each setting one by one till I figured out what was causing it. First question, you do have the new enbseries.ini from .193 installed? Then try turning off Force Borderless Screen, that's what worked it out for me. 

Here's the settings I ended up with in the enblocal.ini

[GLOBAL]

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false
UseDefferedRendering=true
ForceFakeVideocard=false

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=true

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
EnableVSync=true

edit* sorry looks like there's a newer version of the ENB out. .195

what about fps limiter ?? do you have that on or off ?? is see vsync is on in your enblocal i have mine on too but saw no difference when fps limiter was on or off.

I also have these 2 options to false:

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

I will see if new version makes any difference.

Ok i tried the newest version and after disabling Ambient Occlusion my frame rate returned to normal no more micro stutter.

Archived