Custom Race Mods ~ by Trykz (TCRA Update 1/19/14)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ā 

Ditto man...hey ive got a small ctd issue with Dwemer Cyborg...i can creater her just fine but when i pick my new life and sleep in the bed i ctd .....when i uninstallĀ  the dwemer cyborg ..skyrim goes off without a hitch. im not sure wut the prob oculd be my load order is solid ... im up for any suggestions..i really wanna try this one.

Ā 

BTW Faun is amazing and awesome!

Ā 

I would hold off a bit on that one.

Ā 

In fact, I'd hold off on all my races for the time being. After a few mishaps (mostly involving my system hardware and OS), I've decided that all of my race mods are going to go through a complete and thorough overhaul.

Ā 

So here's the plan:

Ā 

First, TCRA is gone..... It was great for a while (like when Bethesda was breaking all my stuff), but now it's basically unnecessary. After stripping out all the bodies and texture sets (mostly to shrink it's hefty size), there was essentially very little left. So basically, I'm going back to my older method of building my races with nothing but Skyrim.esm, RaceCompatibility.esm, and a new (and very tiny) requirement ESM (unnamed at the moment) which holds nothing but the duplicated vanilla races I usually work with. Some Dawnguard and Dragonborn races will be among them, but neither DLC will be a requirement to use any of my race mods.

Ā 

Second, head and body meshes and textures will be returned into the individual race mod's BSA. However, ALL of my races will be built using custom shaped HDT BodySlide bodies. But don't worry, I'll be including an empty set of mesh and texture folders for each mod that can be used for replacers for those who wish to swap out body types. Custom parts folders will NOT be included for replacement, as these are usually the trademark pieces that make my races what they are. To remove/replace them is to completely alter my races. In which case you might as well just RP a Nord or Breton as whatever race you want to pretend it is.

Ā 

Third, this will be the FINAL go-round for all of my preexisting race mods. I have TONS of new stuff in mind, and I'm eager to get started on those. Each race I subsequently release will be the final version of that race. With the way I'll be building these, they should be pretty unbreakable even if Bethesda updates/patches something.

Ā 

Finally, I have the Atmora worldspace fully prepped to start building my races into. I have the entire space all mapped out for what races will reside where within it. Once I get well into development, I'll be looking for permissions from other authors to hook their dungeon mods into it to round it off. When I'm ready to release it, I'll be including a new ESM for each race that resides within the worldspace, which will simply replace the ESM I include with each race when it's stand alone version is released.

Ā 

That's basically it......

Ā 

So if there's any questions, feel free to ask.

Ā 

Trykz

Ā 

Ā 

this here sounds great, did you abandon this idea or what's going on

I went to download and tcra was required, yet non-existant so the mod is completely unusable

Ā 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Have no idea why you added 002 003 at the end of the TCRA archives, having to download them several times because they downloaded as corrupt is extremely bothersome. Why not just make it TCRA1 TCRA2 and tcra3.zip.

Just an idea.

None the less, great mods as usual, you always release the good stuff. Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

anyone catch wind of these races being ported to SSE? (Chocolate and moonshadow, chocolate and moonshadow, please oh please, but the 8. :angel: )

Ā 

No. When (or if) I want them ported, I'll do it myself. Not currently interested in SSE, but I might be looking into it in the future.

Ā 

Trykz

• 4 months later...

I found a problem but its maybe my bad. Fisrt i want to tjank you for your awesome mods. But when i play the "Dwem Fatale" race i encountered a problem. Everything is fine and fun until i use the True form racial. No CTD and works fine while i am in the form but if i transform back i get a CTD. Can you help me please. This is my only problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just trying to get things running right for the skeletons and had a couple of questions. Does XPSME need to be installed? I believe I understand that you want us to use the skeletons that you made, so can those be used in conjuncture with XPSME, but the MCM menu doesn't register them? I also noticed that the Fox armor set in the Beast Armor pack was missing it's texture pack.

• 2 months later...

so i'm using the beast race armors with the white faun race and her hooves still keep disappearing, am i doing something wrong? i take the armor off and they're there like normal,and everything works fine,but i put them on,and the whole lower leg goes away.

p.s. if there was a fix for this, i apologize but i didn't see it, just point my nose in the direction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 4/2/2014 at 6:33 AM, xenic said:

Links incoming. I will be linking them via mediafire shortly.

TCRA.BSAĀ http://www.mediafire.com/download/nok6k77dxdwq3jm/TCRA.bsa Ā  601MB

TCRA.ESMĀ http://www.mediafire.com/download/u6mw9xavscplwe9/TCRA.esm Ā ~1MB

Ā 

Hope that helps.

Trykz, I'll leave the links on my mediafire. Feel free to add them as mirrors.

Ā 

For those who need them, thos links stills works.

• 6 months later...