Custom Race Mods ~ by Trykz (TCRA Update 1/19/14)

View File

The TCRA main file, as well as all of my race mods in one convenient download location (Updated to v2! 1/19/14)

This updated version of TCRA is compatible with all of my currently released races, as almost none of the previously existing files were moved/altered in any way (The PartyGirl Bodyslide.xml is now defunct and removed, and has been replaced with the CBBE Plus body from BodySlide 2 (No adverse effects were experienced by me other than the body shape change in previous mods). This version will provide asset support for all of my upcoming races, including but not limited to Unicorn, Bovine, and Draenei.

Please note that TCRA is required to use any of my races, as it serves as an asset Database containing most or all of a particular races' parts. You will also need to select and install the version of TMPheonix's RaceCompatibility that best suits your Skyrim configuration to support the DLCs you have installed. You can find the files you need here on his Nexus page.

As all of my races use TBBP/BBP bodies, be sure to install all of the required files. If you experience CTDs, download and install the skeleton files (these are what I use personally), and install them to the proper locations. You'll also find the BodySlide XML preset files used by the Valkyrie (XTCBody), Moonshadow Elves (PartyGirl), and Chocolate Elves (PartyGirl) mods, to easily create new BodySlide armors for those races. Some of the newly added bodies have built-in HDT support. Also, note that this version includes TONS of additional assets. Many of which their original authors are unknown to me. In nearly every instance, I used files which were clearly labeled as free to use in other mods, or were modified versions of the originals. If you spot something belonging to you and would like it removed/credited, just PM me with your request. My apologies in advance if this occurs.

Also note that some races do not contain a male variant. Selecting male in the character creation menu will cause CTDs for those races. If this happens to you, try selecting female of any vanilla race, and then switch to the race you want to create BEFORE reporting an issue.

Just click the download button to access all of the files on a single page.

You can click the thumbnails at the bottom of the page for a preview of each races' appearance ;)

Trykz

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/25/2013
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

Welcome to the new home of TCRA and ALL of my races!

From the link in the post above, you can now access everything

required to use my races from one convenient location  :)

Please note that ALL support for both TCRA and my race mods

will now be provided in this thread ONLY. No support will be provided

elsewhere, including the [WIP] threads for my mods.

My most current work in progress will be featured here

as well. Just click on the image, and you'll be taken directly to it's

discussion page.

Unicorn001.jpg

Finally, after what seems like forever......

This race is "mostly" complete. I say "mostly" because there have been a number of changes which have allowed

me to release it at this time. So I'll address each one in turn:

First, the body was swapped out to UNPB after realizing that I mistakenly sent b3lisario the wrong body meshes

for the CHSBHC and CBBE bodies. This wouldn't have been a problem except that finding armors to fit those

bodies accurately was almost impossible. In fact, the ONLY armor I could find for it was the Doomed Valkyrie

armor you see pictured above.

That said, I was able to find all these that all but 2 fit the UNPB body perfectly:

post-26143-0-41699100-1394661572_thumb.jpg

post-26143-0-90365000-1394661621_thumb.jpg

Swapping out the body led to change #2:

The foals of the race are currently set as unplayable. This was necessary because their body mesh is the CBBE

mesh I sent to b3lisario, and they share body textures with the adult females. Needless to say, they don't match and

look quite odd. Currently my plan is to see if b3lisario has time to work up the meshes I intended to send him, and then

update the race via add-on ESPs for those that wish to use either the CBBE or CHSBHC bodies.

I'l also be redirecting the foal meshes to use a functional texture set which matches the head/hands.

Finally, the shemales were removed. Relax...... it's only temporary. And was necessary because their body

was the same as the base race...... so same problem. No worries though. The'll be added back as soon as I can

get them from b3lisario.

So..... 

one last thing:

The armors are a completely standalone mod. I included all of their required textures so there'd

be no need to hunt them down to make them work. However...... ALL of their texture directory positions have

been retained as their authors set them up. What this means is that if you ALREADY have the original

armor(s), some textures WILL be overwritten. If you're using custom texture replacers for any of these,

you may want to manually move only those you want/need to use.

And with that, here are the files:

The Race

Unicorn.rar

The Armors

Part One: Beast Race Armors.part1.rar

Part Two: Beast Race Armors.part2.rar

Thanks, and enjoy!

Trykz

• 2 weeks later...

After months in planning and a few weeks in development, here's my most recently completed mod:

DwemFataleMain.jpg

This one was much easier to implement than it was to actually conceptualize.

Have you ever wondered what the Dwemer might have created if they'd had access to a human subject

to experiment on?

I often felt they would have most certainly attempted  to create some sort of human/machine hybrid.

A "cyborg" if you will. Very much like what you see in the image above. In this form, she's the ultimate 

killing machine. With or without a weapon in her hands. She's also quite capable in her more

"human" form:

post-26143-0-18622500-1393175599_thumb.jpg

Though she has no recollection of past events, the Laboratory she was created in still exists,

and can serve as a fully functional player abode, with full crafting facilities:

post-26143-0-70337800-1393175815_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-71774600-1393175851_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-03767100-1393175876_thumb.jpg

post-26143-0-13215800-1393175899_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-22997400-1393175955_thumb.jpg

Having no recollection of this place is likely a good thing. It's traumatic enough just knowing 

you're something "different". So this place is NOT easily located. What I CAN tell you, is that

it lies just outside of one of the many dwemer dungeon exits, but still takes some doing to find.

I can also say that the dungeon is one of those required to finish the main quest.

One last thing:

She has 2 unique abilities that truly make her a walking disaster area. First, is her static discharge lesser power:

post-26143-0-95727900-1393177663_thumb.jpg

It's how she "vents" her power core when it becomes overcharged. And yes, it WILL

disintegrate your enemies  :P 

The other ability is her "summon guardian": 

post-26143-0-78031800-1393177883_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-59492200-1393177937_thumb.jpg

Yes. He's maaad OP. But you only get him for 5 minutes a day. So use him wisely  ;)

This mod WILL be getting future updates as I complete more content for it. However, the ESM for the

race will remain unchanged, with updates coming as add-on ESPs.

You'll find it in the downloads area of the first post  ;) 

Enjoy!

Trykz

edit: the server here seems to be acting retarded, and won't let me add the file to my downloads page.

So I'll drop it here for now:

DwemFatale.rar

edit: Sorry I forgot to add this when I uploaded the race, but here is the BodySlide preset

I used to create the human body for this race:

DFBodyPreset.xml

I've gotten a few reports of oddities at character creation. Things like missing brows and hair.

This issue is typical of a script heavy Data folder, where lots of mods are all fighting to load their scripts

first. If this happens to you, simply customize what you can, name the character and exit character creation.

Wait a few moments, then enter the "showracemenu" command into the console, which will reload the

character creation menu. You should now have full access to all available customization options.

Do this BEFORE reporting the issue. Thanks 

Thanks Trykz, trying out the UNPB Moonshadow race right now.  Beautifully done, but I am getting slight seam at the fem wrists.  I will try using some different default hand meshes since it looks like you are using default meshes.  I actually did not notice if I had that issue last playthrough as a male nord.  Just wondered if you noticed this as well, and had any suggestions.

Whenever I activate your races, the game crashes before the main menu. 

Can you upload your mods with bsa file instead of esm, so that I can try a different load order?

I'm not uploading anything any differently. You obviously didn't read everything as directed, and are missing a dependency (like RaceCompatibility or the TCRA main file). I can't read minds, and I have no clue what you have installed or not. Since you obviously don't understand how ESMs and BSAs work, I'm not so sure you should be modding your game in the first place.And without a load order, there's nothing I can do for you.

No load order? No help. Sorry, but I'm not going to try and guess what the issue is.

Thanks Trykz, trying out the UNPB Moonshadow race right now.  Beautifully done, but I am getting slight seam at the fem wrists.  I will try using some different default hand meshes since it looks like you are using default meshes.  I actually did not notice if I had that issue last playthrough as a male nord.  Just wondered if you noticed this as well, and had any suggestions.

I haven't noticed anything like this in any of my races. I very carefully selected every asset that went into TCRA to insure everything worked nicely, and looked good. When you say "default", I presume you mean "vanilla". So no, the hand meshes are not vanilla.

That said, I have noticed that ECE can tend to really screw things up. Especially at the neck (haven't seen any hand issues yet). You could try unpacking the BSA and replacing the hand meshes. However, you may need to also replace the body if the hand issue worsens.

Let me know how you make out.....

Trykz

post-5926-0-85424600-1376846695_thumb.jpg

post-5926-0-56125500-1376846727_thumb.jpg

Before and After

OK, on the UNPB meshes, I found two sets in the TCRA, extracted them and replaced both with Troublemakers UNPB TBBP meshes and it works perfectly with your textures.  No seams from what I can tell after creating one fem PC so far.  After installing the UNPB TBBP body for vanilla races from  UNPB MTM Bodies and UNP MTM Bodies NMM Installer  I just copied the 6 body mesh files over yours.

I am having trouble with the Demoness race, i do have TCRA and Compatibility plugins (i can play just fine with moonshadow elves and guardians). Whenever i click on the demoness in the race menu i get CTD (i do select female first) i can select moonshadow elves and guardians just fine.

EDIT: Managed to fixed it, i guess the download got corrupted or something, re-downloading the demoness.rar and reinstalling fixed it.

EDIT2: Not really fixed....as soon as i hit the done button, i get CTD. I  tried several times with same results. I used an existing character and used the setrace command and it did not crash but the body was odd and i had no tattoos.

EDIT3: Managed to get it working, had to create a random vanilla race and then use race menu to change to demoness...

I do like your race mods. Unfortunately the frost elves seem to be missing (I haven't really found out what happened to them).

I downloaded that mod in march, the version from last year (08-08). It seemed to work fine for me, though my current character uses a different race and I planned to use it as a base for a companion.

My two question are

1) is there are any reasons not to use the "old" version of that mod

2) Will a possible future TCRA-variant of the frost elves be compatible with the old version? (i.e. should I wait with my companion - I still have lot of other things to do so if I have no problems if it takes some weeks).

• 2 weeks later...

I do like your race mods. Unfortunately the frost elves seem to be missing (I haven't really found out what happened to them).

I downloaded that mod in march, the version from last year (08-08). It seemed to work fine for me, though my current character uses a different race and I planned to use it as a base for a companion.

My two question are

2) Will a possible future TCRA-variant of the frost elves be compatible with the old version? (i.e. should I wait with my companion - I still have lot of other things to do so if I have no problems if it takes some weeks).

First, my apologies for being MIA..... work is slamming me pretty good right now, and I need to take advantage of it before winter.

As for your questions:

if you still have the older version of Frost Elves installed and working fine, then there's no reason to change anything. Unfortunately, that version will not be compatible with the TCRA version, which will essentially be an entirely new mod.

In any event, I hope to be around a little more in the near future when things start to slow down for the winter months.....

Trykz

My two question are

First, my apologies for being MIA..... work is slamming me pretty good right now, and I need to take advantage of it before winter.

As for your questions:

if you still have the older version of Frost Elves installed and working fine, then there's no reason to change anything. Unfortunately, that version will not be compatible with the TCRA version, which will essentially be an entirely new mod.

In any event, I hope to be around a little more in the near future when things start to slow down for the winter months.....

Trykz

Work is work. Not much sense in neglecting priorities before modding, right? :) (Although my 18-year old self two years ago would have probably said differently...)

Races work great, I've tried the Moonshadow Elves and they're pretty cool. All I'm really waiting for now is the TCRA manual, but as above, you're right, priorities come first.

Where is that file?

Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female.....

just copy the skeletonbeast_female to your desktop, and rename it to skeleton_female. Then copy it back to the folder you got it from, over-writing the one there. Don't worry, your non-tailed races will still work fine.

CTDs  with any race with a tail, are almost always caused by a skeleton without a tail node.

On that note:

I'm currently stuck in a hotel for a job I'm working on in West Palm Beach for this week. I should be home for the weekend, when I hope to finish up a couple of the races I've been working on. If all goes well, I'll transfer them to my laptop and get them released when I come back here next week (currently no cable at home as I'm spending so much time away).

As for Frost Elves (and the Nidia race someone PM'ed me about), they should be a definite for next Monday as I only need to finish up the Frost Elf abilities, and update the Nidia race controller for the current Skyrim version.

Trykz

Where is that file?

just copy the skeletonbeast_female to your desktop, and rename it to skeleton_female. Then copy it back to the folder you got it from, over-writing the one there. Don't worry, your non-tailed races will still work fine.

CTDs  with any race with a tail, are almost always caused by a skeleton without a tail node.

On that note:

I'm currently stuck in a hotel for a job I'm working on in West Palm Beach for this week. I should be home for the weekend, when I hope to finish up a couple of the races I've been working on. If all goes well, I'll transfer them to my laptop and get them released when I come back here next week (currently no cable at home as I'm spending so much time away).

As for Frost Elves (and the Nidia race someone PM'ed me about), they should be a definite for next Monday as I only need to finish up the Frost Elf abilities, and update the Nidia race controller for the current Skyrim version.

Trykz

Our bodies are ready.

Where is that file?

On that note:

Trykz

Frost Elves, as in next Monday?  The 23rd is this Monday, so next Monday is the 30th?  ( I dislike our language, It's so confusing at times.)

Nonetheless, just gotta say,"Oooooh, goody goody"

I have not downloaded your fancy pants TCRA, but I beleive it allows us to create followers.

This is a must for me.

Thank-you very much for your past work and in advance with your new work!

Vilthos

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Trykz!

I haven't been playing Skyrim for a bit, distracted by the stuff I got during the last Steam sale! ^.^

Good to see you're still at it.  Any news on the Dovahteen stuff?  I've seen a teen custom race or two out there, or followers, but not a general NPC mod to add teen NPCs to some of the leveled lists.  Should I give up hope? o_O

I've read this and the wip forum twice and I've watched the weekly mod video displaying this race. It mentioned drinking moonshadow elixirs. I'm only familure with oblivion's moonshadow and I have yet to see this elixir or read of it. Could this be the reason for my lack of ghostly visage? I somewhat doubt that is it, as my character dosent seem to have any racial abilities.

You have to craft the potion to be invisible. Or use the console to spawn it to your inventory. That's what causes it

It's there. I was relying on the boss report as a finicky computer corrupted wyre and NMM the start up before I was 100% fed up with not having these races work. I do have an up to date version of TCRA.

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1

Update.esm=1

ApachiiHair.esm=1

RaceCompatibility.esm=1

SexLab.esm=1

HentaiPregnancy.esm=1

ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1

Chocolate Elves.esm=1

Guardians.esm=1

MoonshadowElves.esm=1

SprigganQueen.esm=1

Valkyrie.esm=1

TCRA.esm=1

Better Dynamic Snow.esp=1

zeldaaudio.esp=1

bestrape.esp=1

moonpath_tp.esp=1

real glaciers v2.esp=1

SexLabDefeat.esp=1

SkyUI.esp=1

dark souls rings.esp=1

Elculous.esp=1

insanity's celtic katana.esp=1

schwertleite set.esp=1

hg.esp=1

hobbithouse2.esp=1

quest into the depth.esp=1

quest_nomercy.esp=1

sanguinesDebauchery.esp=1

windfall.esp=1

weightlesstools.esp=1

weightless dragon scales & bones.esp=1

HPSoulGemBirth.esp=1

SexLab Romance.esp=1

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=1

1portalgun.esp=1

apocalypse.esp=1

mmkhajiithair11.esp=1

FFRace.esp=1

MoonshadowElves.esp=1

OrientalRace.esp=1

EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp=1

wisplicker.esp=1

DeadlyMutilation.esp=1

realisticwatertwo.esp=1

Bashed Patch, 0.esp=0

sweet roll hut.esp=1

SexLabSquirt.esp=1

okamiwolfoverhaul.esp=1

summon alduin.esp=1

bladeofevilsbaneskyforge.esp=1

digitigradekhajiit+argonianraptor.esp=1

111kitling race vanilla 2.0.esp=1

ayanefollower.esp=1

saintsrow.esp=1

devil_sword_by_fpsquadrasnipar.esp=1

khajiit ysolda.esp=1

dark souls font for skyrim.esp=1

shiavonna_en.esp=1

pp_weapons.esp=1

snake.esp=1

first_tsurugi_by_woyo.esp=1

minesofmoria.esp=1

andre of astora.esp=1

Edit: Tried using showracemenu to explore whether or not the crashing moonshadow elf had working night scripts. No. It's doesn't, and it still doesn't want to be naked.

If that is your actual load order, it's completely wrong. TCRA MUST be loaded BEFORE any of my races, and AFTER RaceCompatibility.esm. TCRA is a dependency. Dependencies need to be loaded before the mods that depend on them to work, not after. I also noticed that you have MoonshadowElves.esp loaded. That file is NOT compatible with TCRA as it's a much older version, and will do more harm than good when loaded with the MoonshadowElves.esm

I've read this and the wip forum twice and I've watched the weekly mod video displaying this race. It mentioned drinking moonshadow elixirs. I'm only familure with oblivion's moonshadow and I have yet to see this elixir or read of it. Could this be the reason for my lack of ghostly visage? I somewhat doubt that is it, as my character dosent seem to have any racial abilities.

The potions can be found in every inn in Skyrim. At some point in the future when I have the time, I plan to remove the potions entirely, and build the effect directly into the race. Unfortunately, time is a rare commodity not readily at my disposal as it was when I lived in New York.

Finally, I'm also working on (among other things) a new version of TCRA which includes more body mesh and texture options. No ETA on release yet, but it's coming.

Trykz