IMPORTANT: Changes to Downloads

Can we have it so that when uploading mods to a download page we can queue more then 10 mods? Maybe change it to like 40 please.

It's kinda annoying, I was going to select all my mods I wanted to upload and then go do something while they were uploading only to be told they can only go up 10 at a time.

I agree on Ark's suggestion to make a 'Tutorials & Guides' sub-forum for each major game section. It has always baffled me why there is only one collective tutorials sub-forum for all games in the general section - members who are not that frequently browsing this part of the forum (like myself) might overlook the threads in there.

A proper location to store all instructive threads for specific games in one place. In these games' sections. It will minimize confusion  - no need to include [it'sForGameX] anymore in the thread title. And it might bring tutorials more to the attention of the members browsing the section(s) dedicated to their game(s) of choice. Could even encourage members to write up guides of their own: I am considering making a few tutorials on small-time stuff like character creation/facegen and basic CS use.

Maybe make new sub-forums in the games' 'Technical Support' areas?

I agree on Ark's suggestion to make a 'Tutorials & Guides' sub-forum for each major game section. It has always baffled me why there is only one collective tutorials sub-forum for all games in the general section - members who are not that frequently browsing this part of the forum (like myself) might overlook the threads in there.

I did overlook that for quite some time... :(

I thought about that with my big alien brain...

If that doesn't work perhaps a clearing house of sorts in the same location where someone can link to all the relevant tutorials in an orderly manner with some basic description and the actual tutorials in the appropriate sub-forums. (much like it is now just more) The sub forum can give greater detail and support, and ( and a big and) these tutorials can link back to the main one for further info say somewhere along the top or bottom (lets try to be consistent) therefore the individuals will be directly linked to either or. If they do find it in the general forum good they get the links to where they need to go. If they find it in the main sub-forum for a specific game or subject they can be linked back to the main tutorial. This gives the option that they can find other, or different info.

So after a short while those actually seeking info or learning tools can bounce back and forth gathering info as they need or want in a easy manner.

• 5 months later...

Can you please fix the external link functionality to be legitimately user friendly? Currently, it requires a wait period like downloads hosted here, which seems a bit weird considering it's just a redirect. Also, many (all?) don't show up with real names for the files, just a random gibberish string, that makes it tough to keep track of what's what in download threads with multiple external links. Compounding this issue is that the size is 0, so you can't really use that to keep track of which to use either.

I say this as a user who was very confused when I needed to download a 3 part file hosted on Mega. I didn't even think the file existed because external links are set up in such a nondescriptive way.

• 6 months later...

I'm not sure if this has been asked but would it be possible add dates or something of the like when a file has been updated? I love the Alert system but when I go to the download page, sometimes I have no idea exactly what file was updated and when.

Something like RandomMod Updated 9-12-14

I really have no idea how this forum works or even if it's possible but it would be a nice thing as a lot of mods don't use version numbers.

I'm not sure if this has been asked but would it be possible add dates or something of the like when a file has been updated? I love the Alert system but when I go to the download page, sometimes I have no idea exactly what file was updated and when.

I really have no idea how this forum works or even if it's possible but it would be a nice thing as a lot of mods don't use version numbers.

Or maybe just add dates to the files itself, that show the last update of this specific file.

Especially for Mods like Devious Aradia, where you have ten files or more, this would show which specific file was updated.

As example, SL Framework, it already shows the MB of the files, why not show the dates the files were uploaded or changed?

There is the 'View New Content' functionality between 'Community Rules' and the 'Open Quick Navigation' button... You should check it and try some filters combination to see what you've missed since last visit. ;)

I wouldn't mind a true download section for mods for games that aren't featured here. SimLab just become 'Hot', and I have just uploaded 9 mods. Amra72 just released some mods too (awesome and revered by all), and I will be putting my/his mods on my OP.

I am certain to run out of room on the OP, like I did with Mod Organizer and all it's versions. Therefore, I would love a download section for non-featured games, like Sims 3 and 4. I'll be making mods non-stop for them. :angel:

Download section for non-featured games. It would be better than the alternative, which, for me, would be to upload them all to 4shared. Nothing wrong with that, but I like being able to release mods here on LL. Feels more comfortable than following a link.

Maybe - Non-Featured Games\*Game name*\Downloads, or a Downloads section in Adult Gaming.

What if I make some Naruto Shippuden Ninja Storm mods (likely)? I know how to for the one that's out now, and there's a new great-looking sequel coming out, but I don't want to just make a thread for it. Many wouldn't find it, because many only patrol the downloads section (lurkers, mostly). If mods for other games can't be found there because of no dl section for other games, those people may miss out. I've had people say "Wow! I didn't even know SimLab existed!", which sucks, because there are a million sites for S3 and 4.

Anyway, I've procrastinated long enough, and there is my request finally. :P

I need to report a bug - The download button in the various sections of the site (framework, other, pretty much any area I try) for example Sexlab Beastess 1.7j in Skyrim, Secret Sactuary v1 in Oblivion are not working.  I can go to the page and view descriptions of the files instruction ect. but if I hit the green download button that's supposed to take me to various versions (sexlab aroused ver20140124, or earlier) nothing happens.  I thought it was my computer but I downloaded a story off TTH.net with no problems.  The problem appears to be with the google chrome browser as my IE browser is actually working.

Hi guys !

I only want to ask why the green dowload button dosn't work ? I try it evry way to get it work, with explorer, firefox, google crome and nothing happens. Pls if u can tell me whats  the problem maybe i can solve it or its the homepage are under maintance or something i don't know. THX

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys I am curious to know why my FF Custom Skins got deleted?  I understand that the username they were under was deleted,  but I asked for it to be restored and it was,  but it would not let me log into it no matter what I tried.  Messaged the boss man about it but got no response and now all that work is gone.

I don't have a problem remaking textures,  but I am worried that anything I contribute in the future might get deleted without warning so it makes me not want to contribute.  I just don't want to make the same mistake twice.  Thanks.

The whole Category  Models & Textures disappeared. Your Mod and Mumins "Erotic paintings and tapestries" Mod and what else was in the category.

I have asked many times but still don't know what happend and why the Category was deleted.

Maybe the files are still somewhere, but the Link can not function: Oblivion (ok) , Adult Mods (ok), Models & Textures ( ?? .. search ... where the fuck is it ?  ...search ... error message)  Somewhere in space and time, the data will still be.

Guest carywinton

Awesomesauce greg thaaaaaaaank youuuuuuuu! :D  I will wait to hear about it before creating a new download.

I will be glad to help you get it all set up and what not if you need some assistance. Granted the new systems are a bit confusing at first, but should work out, eventually. The categories are a bit odd, but that too will improve I am sure.

Since these items are missing perhaps members can coordinate together and post a new fresh version up for those members here that aren't available to do so themselves. If it is in the downloads section it can be given over to the owner when they are active again. This was done by Zippy for some old mods and it worked well. If in doubt some disclaimer about it not being yours( the person uploading) and belonging to xxxx ( person rightfully owner) and uploaded in their absence. .. It is understood by all here that if the owner came back and decided to take over that these files would be transferred to him/her. I uploaded some files for a member because they weren't that active, didn't understand the process etc. Later that was transferred to the owner without even a PM.. lol. I was like ??? then .. OH.. I see.. :).

The object is as always to provide a save clean protected place for valid working mods to be hosted so that users can obtain these. If someone has these missing files.. inform everyone ( so that there isn't 6 copies of the same thing uploaded by 6 different members lol) and upload it. If you are able to tweak and work to maintain the mod all the better.

Seperate note:

@CaryWinton.. That is a cool avatar..

• 3 months later...