After much debate between site staff and and contributors. We have decided it is in the best interest of the site to start enforcing the use of the site's Download functionality (http://www.loverslab.com/files/). It provides a much easier interface for finding and managing various downloads than the mess various unstructured threads in the download category forums.
What does this mean for future downloads?
- You will no longer be able to create topics in the Download forum categories. However once you have uploaded a file (via the upload form) a forum topic will be automatically generated for you and posted in the forum download categories, mirroring your downloads.
- Your automatically generated topic will be linked from your download via the "Support Topic" icon on the right hand side of your downloads view page.
- You do NOT have to upload the file to LoversLab to use this system, when uploading you can click " Link to a file" to post a URL to the download instead.
- LoversLab's upload size limit will remain unchanged at 100MB, bigger files will need to either upload in parts, or link to the file instead, as described above.
What does this mean for my existing downloads?
- If you've already setup your file on the download system; it means nothing at all to you.
- If you have not moved your file to the download system and still just have your forum topic. We request that you move your existing files on the download system that are not yet there, as soon as possible.
- Once you have setup your existing file in the download system, you will have 2 threads, your original thread, and the auto generated thread created by the download system. Contact me via PM or post about it in this announcement thread, and we will merge your 2 threads so you you don't lose your existing posts.
- If you do not do move your download over to the download system yourself, we will begin manually moving downloads that have not done so ourselves once a sufficient enough time has passed for people to see this announcement and move their files. However, this is a very long and very tedious process for us to do, as it involves more steps for use to do than it will for you. So I beg of you, move your downloads yourselves as soon as possible.
- If you have a download buried in some multi-purpose thread, rather than in it's own topic somewhere, we encourage you to break that out into it's own download by uploading it to the download system.