[WIP] Tentacle Rape (NEED HELP!)

NathanSteele

@ azmodan22

When exporting your meshes out of Poser make sure that you have it set to weld mesh into one object or mesh with textures applied... do this with all the mesh selected in the scene (except the ground plane) also, depending on the hair mesh that you use, it might be good to export the hair once the pose is set to your liking as a separate object file. This way when you import it into the modeling program (3D Studio Max or Maya) you can then select that mesh separately and apply the textures and trans maps to it so it shows up correctly.

Be sure that when you are importing into your modeling application that you have it selected (or checked) to import textures and place those textures in a new folder... this makes it easier to convert the textures in GIMP to make the .DDS files (make sure they are at least 1024x1024  and generate mipmaps during export to .DDS format)... then it supposedly (as I can't export .NIF files because I have too new of software versions to export .NIFs) is just a matter of applying those textures to the proper areas.

Also, when you are in 3D Studio Max or Maya, prior to exporting to .NIF format... be sure to resize the whole mesh/scene... Poser/Daz Studio has such reduced size in (except in polygon count) that the mesh will be barely visible in Skyrim... so definitely import a Skyrim Mesh to help with scaling the mesh to a size that will be viewable.

I am really hoping that you are able to get yours to work, because then we might be able to combine efforts and help each other. Anyhow, hope that helps and keep me updated to your progress!!

NathanSteele

We are close  :lol: . If we can manage to pull this off we can both start using poser for making load screens... and more. 

So..my progress

I am both an idiot and a genius.

An idiot because aaaall along I had a small plugin called PoserFusion, and I had forgoten about it. What this does is makes poser "compatible" with other 3d programs like Cinema4D, Zbruce, Maya, and of corse.. 3DStudio Max...

And I am a genious because I remembered that I am an idiot sometimes and installed the damed plugin. !!

So, tha part of geting the scene to Max is pretty much solved. The figures can now be trasported to max very easily. However, when in Max I cannot see the textures on the figures. They do render correctly but they just appear grey. If you import a .dxf file from daz, the textures show...hmmm tricky.

Aaanyway, on to the real problem.

The .nif

First of all, although I specificaly tell max to export it as a BSFadeNode it doesnt give much of a crap and goes on exporting it as a NiNode. Small problem, Block->Convert and we are done.

Now the created nif is a charm.. 

It does not have a thousand (literally) nodes, but quite a few. Wich means that that is correct.

Every "NiTrishape has 3 nodes under it.

1 NiTriShapeData (obviously)

2 NiStencilProperty (witch I have no idea what it is)

3 NiMaterialProperty (the materials from max)

or 4 BsLightingShaderProperty.

What my problem is, 1 What the hell is the NiStencilProperty? I am certain Skyrim will not like it, guess I'll just delete them

2. Why not all the nodes have a BsLightingShaderProperty and have a NiMaterialProperty instead? Who will I know what textures I am supposed to apply to those?

If anyone can give any pointers... Things are going to get reaaallyy nice for skyrim  :cool:

I have no clue what "NiStencilProperty" is... could be something that is added in while using PoserFusion (which I've never used, I am old school... ;) )

But, if memory serves me, you need to delete the shader nodes created from Max and copy and paste the nodes that are used for Skyrim .Nifs for them to recognized correctly in the game...

This means opening say "femalebody_1.nif" in a separate instance of NifScope, copy the "BsLightingShaderProperty" from it, and paste it into your instanced .nif file, directing all blocks to use that property... then you open the node and direct the textures of that node to point to the specific .DDS files for your mesh or scene.... time consuming, but needs to be done. Also be sure that the texture locations is named the folder that you want to use in your Skyrim/data/texture folder which will make creating the .esp file easier for you. 

I've been wanting for quite a while now to participate in providing something to the community here and the sad truth is, I won't be able without some help from someone.

My goal was to create a Hentai Tentacle Rape Loading Screen set to replace the vanilla one or the others that use flat plane images... I am able to do the setup, poses and can even export in .3DS or .OBJ format with textures... heck, can even use GIMP to create the .DDS files for the mesh and do write ups for the text that displays during in-game loading... the problem lies in NifScope and creating the .ESM/.ESP files.

So, if someone here would like to collaborate with me on this, I would greatly appreciate the help and think that the members here would like something like this... at least, I think they would...

Attached is a few images to show what the mesh would look like during the game's loading sequence, allowing the user to rotate the mesh like you are able to in the vanilla load screen...

Thanks!!

~Nate

Here is another few samples done for the load screen... hopefully we can get these imported properly and get them released to everyone!

~Nate

post-122242-0-73943400-1375210170_thumb.jpg

post-122242-0-34713400-1375210178_thumb.jpg

post-122242-0-23079900-1375210185_thumb.jpg

post-122242-0-93598200-1375210190_thumb.jpg

What my problem is, 1 What the hell is the NiStencilProperty? I am certain Skyrim will not like it, guess I'll just delete them

2. Why not all the nodes have a BsLightingShaderProperty and have a NiMaterialProperty instead? Who will I know what textures I am supposed to apply to those?

1. I've no idea what the NiStencilProperty is for either. Haven't seen it in other Skyrim nifs, so there should probably be no harm in deleting it. I wouldn't leave it in to avoid any conflicts with the CK.

2. The initial node setup depends on whether the object had textures applied in 3ds Max during export or not. Either way, the nodes usually require additional editing in NifSkope afterwards. There is no setup that exports perfectly usable nifs from the get go that I know about. I think you were on the right track before: combining objects that use the same material in 3ds Max would make assigning textures in NifSkope much easier.

Here is another few samples done for the load screen... hopefully we can get these imported properly and get them released to everyone!

Looking great, Nate. This is gonna make the loading screens something to look forward to. Hopefully you and azmodan can get it working soon.

So far puting the mesh from Poser to Skyrim has proven to be the easy part. 

Hell it now takes me around 15 mins

Texturing the damn thing is what's pissing me off !!!!

The eyes of the characters are white and I am copletely buffled with that. The hair of of one of the two figures is also white but I wil get to that in due time.

And above all, I dont know how to use tranparency maps yet. (can ayone be a lamp and show me?) because I will need that If I am to make the hair and eylashes anywere near to what they look like in those pics. 

And I dont know what is the difference between having a texture set, set to CLAMP_S_CLAMP_T and WRAP_S_WRAP_T. my nif has everything as CLAMP_S_CLAMP_T and it seems to work fine (well besides the damned eyes).

This is what I got so far

Yes half the bodies are underground on purpose !!

It so that when this becomes a loading screen, the pelvis area will be at the middle of the screen..  I hope

post-96019-0-09534600-1375222621_thumb.jpg

Dont worry if I sound cranky and agrevated.. I am always like that with computers. :-)

If the texture maps are fine and in the right location, then the white parts must be due to the nif configuration again. While there are several properties that could cause visual errors, I'd guess that it's the 'UV Scale' value - it has to be set to 1 for X & Y otherwise the textures won't show up.
Also, if you're not sure what a value should be set to, check the default Skyrim meshes. They are a good reference point to check what kind of values the engine accepts.

The 'Texture Clamp Mode' in conjunction with the 'UV Scale' determines how the textures are handled beyond their borders (repeated/stretched). Only of relevant for tiling textures really and largely obsolete if the UV Scale is set to 1, nevertheless for Skyrim it's a good habit to select WRAP_S_WRAP_T, since nearly all of Bethesda's meshes do so.

Transparency is integrated using the alpha channel of the standard color map. All that's left to do then is to set the right alpha value and Shader Flag in NifScope.

Wel as a mater of fact I suspected that that is the way transparency will be handled by "reverse enginiring" another mesh.

Regarding my UV scales they are set to 1. All the textures for all the parts work just not for the eyes of the figures. 

Now I have also found another bizzar thing. I have seted Nifskope to look for textures in my games data directory, and with this particular nif only the texture for the inside of the mouth appears.. go figure ! 

Opening another custome mesh (one that I knnow works) has its textures shown correctly. But then again than mesh also has all that _msn and _s files while I only have a texture for now

*edit

What is the best compresion and format to use when saving a .dds texture?

It is going to help me tremendusly If I can get the textures to show in nifscope

Regarding the eye textures, is it possible that everything is actually working fine and what you're seeing as white is actually the cornea without transparency? Check the geometry whether there is another object around the eye. Some poser figures use this extra 'shell' (which is meant to be see-through and reflective) to simulate a more realistic surface.

Can't really help you with your other issue about the texture directory other than pointing out the obvious that it should work if the textures are located in the specified place and correctly referenced in the nif. Not sure why it doesn't work in your case. The _msn and _s files have more to do with reflections and light refraction and are not required for any actual surface color. That's the color map's job.

DDS formats:
If your image has an alpha channel, go with DXT5 or DXT3, both are fine.
If it's just an plain RGB image, go with DXT1 (no alpha).
DXT1 (1 bit alpha) is for when you have an image with an alpha map that has just pure black or pure white, nothing in between.

Well I am making some progress but I must make nifskope able to show the textures.

I have seted the corect folders in the render menu in nifskope...

I have placed the textures in the correct folder..

The textures do work and do show normally if I load the .nif with the CK.

Even more buffling is the fact that 2-3 textures of the mesh DO show. They are textures of some small parts. the rest of the .nif is white.

Does nihskope has an inability to display textures of meshes with a lot of triagles?

Fixing nifskope will help me a lot to get this whole thing done.

Dunno. NifSkope is more of a property editor than a mesh viewer at its core, and if your mesh looks fine in the CK then that's a very good sign. I'd place the temporarily model in-game to see if it still looks fine there - if it does and you get no warnings, then NifSkope's display issues are irrelevant.

Well I sorted out (that too). Thnx for the help however. You seem to one of the very few people interested to at least try to help.

Regarding Nifskope, it is a shity programm, but, If the mesh does not display correct in niskope there is no way it will work correctly in game.

After I have fixed the problem I was having, trying to load the mesh in ck viwever, it now loads almost instantly. Before I had to wait for around 1,5 minutes.

It did load eventually but not as fast as it should and that could have caused problems in-game. After all thats how I got the hint. Since the mesh is correct, why doesn't it show in nifskope correctly...'cus obviously it is not correct  :sleepy: .

Buut everything (I hope) is fixed now, sooo no worries. :shy:

o.o Looking nice so far! Just checked back here and I'm impressed with the progress made. Since you said everything seems fixed, does that mean we can expect awesome loading screens soon?

I'd love to help if anything comes up, tho I'm not such a regular visitor here, so someone else is probably gonna help before I even know it x]

Curiosity finally got the best of me and I started poking into this (note: zero modding experience).

It looks like the loading screen is defined in Data\Interfaces\loadingmenu.swf, which in the vanilla game is packaged in the "Skyrim - Interfaces" BSA, and can be overridden by just dropping a replacement into the appropriate path in the Data folder. There are a couple mods that take this approach:

"Time on loading screen" - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/98/?

"Loading game" - http://www.skyrimforge.com/mods/loading-game/

I think "Loading game" is the one mentioned earlier in the thread for an "interactive" loading screen.

The C3D mod seems to tweak the existing .swf's behavior by adding more resources and then tweaking stuff here and there in an ESP (didn't dig into details). This is probably the easier approach to get something up and running right away, and it probably wouldn't be too hard to just shoehorn your own assets into that mod. However since it's using the base Skyrim UI I don't think you can make it interactive, and you'll have to deal with the quoted text etc.

Unfortunately I don't have the tools or knowledge to edit the .SWF file at present :(

What .SWF file?

To make a loading screen all you need is a .nif

I have never heard of an "interactive" loading screen as you said either. The only interaction is that you can turn it around and move it away and forth to some extend.

But all you Need in order to make a new custom loading screen is

a nif

a new record in "Static" in the CK where you register the nif

a new record in "Loading Screens" in the CK where you register that this loading screen uses the "x" static.

thats it

creating the .nif is the hasle

For 'interactive', take a look at the link above for "loading game" - looks like some sort of space invaders game running during the loading screen. Someone mentioned it on the first page of this thread since I was asking if it was possible to make it so you can actually do something in the scene instead of just looking, and I just happened to come across a link for it. Both of the mods I linked replace Data\Interface\loadingmenu.swf to achieve their effects, I guess because they change the whole loading screen UI instead of just changing the content being displayed.

But it sounds like it's a lot easier to just do what you're saying and drop a .nif into the existing loading screen.

Sooooo... any news from the original poster? :P The screen caps looked awesome, wasn't sure if progress is blocked anywhere or just busy or working on more artwork etc...

hmm. I will look into this .swf file in the future. Maybe I can make loading screens to halt even when loading is finished, so during a loading screens, someone can see it for as long he likes, change to another one and returnt to the game when finished. sounds nice.

Archived