[WIP] Tentacle Rape (NEED HELP!)

NathanSteele

I've been wanting for quite a while now to participate in providing something to the community here and the sad truth is, I won't be able without some help from someone.

My goal was to create a Hentai Tentacle Rape Loading Screen set to replace the vanilla one or the others that use flat plane images... I am able to do the setup, poses and can even export in .3DS or .OBJ format with textures... heck, can even use GIMP to create the .DDS files for the mesh and do write ups for the text that displays during in-game loading... the problem lies in NifScope and creating the .ESM/.ESP files.

So, if someone here would like to collaborate with me on this, I would greatly appreciate the help and think that the members here would like something like this... at least, I think they would...

Attached is a few images to show what the mesh would look like during the game's loading sequence, allowing the user to rotate the mesh like you are able to in the vanilla load screen...

Thanks!!

~Nate

post-122242-0-10641900-1374614236_thumb.jpg

post-122242-0-72392200-1374614242_thumb.jpg

post-122242-0-53045300-1374614250_thumb.jpg

You bet that we'd like to see something like this and I'd offer my assistance if I had the skillset you're looking for, but since that's not the case I can only hope that you'll find the help you need to make this happen. Definitely keeping an eye or two on it.

I've been wanting for quite a while now to participate in providing something to the community here and the sad truth is, I won't be able without some help from someone.

My goal was to create a Hentai Tentacle Rape Loading Screen set to replace the vanilla one or the others that use flat plane images... I am able to do the setup, poses and can even export in .3DS or .OBJ format with textures... heck, can even use GIMP to create the .DDS files for the mesh and do write ups for the text that displays during in-game loading... the problem lies in NifScope and creating the .ESM/.ESP files.

So, if someone here would like to collaborate with me on this, I would greatly appreciate the help and think that the members here would like something like this... at least, I think they would...

Attached is a few images to show what the mesh would look like during the game's loading sequence, allowing the user to rotate the mesh like you are able to in the vanilla load screen...

Thanks!!

~Nate

Hi Nate!

If you are able to use 3DS (saved in .nif format) to import your files, you may be able to use it to overwrite a few of the default 3D loading models located in Data/meshes/LoadScreenArt. A good way to try this out is to load a model like loadscreenbretonmage and position your file in the same manner, then export as a .nif file and name it the same name as the file you want to replace. When the game calls up a loading screen of the Breton Mage, instead (in theory) it should load your model instead!

Let me know if you need any help and I'll see what I can do!

Love the concept! I wonder if it could even be made interactive...

Maybe, I believe there was a mod that was released a long time ago that allowed you to play minesweeper? (I think) or bejeweled while the loading screen was going. So it's definiately possible to have an "interactive" loading screen.

Thanks!!

~Nate

Hi Nate!

If you are able to use 3DS (saved in .nif format) to import your files, you may be able to use it to overwrite a few of the default 3D loading models located in Data/meshes/LoadScreenArt. A good way to try this out is to load a model like loadscreenbretonmage and position your file in the same manner, then export as a .nif file and name it the same name as the file you want to replace. When the game calls up a loading screen of the Breton Mage, instead (in theory) it should load your model instead!

Hi Stratovarius,

Regretfully, when I went to school it was for Maya... so not very good with Max and the version of Maya that I have is not supported by nifscope... I've hoped and hoped that they would update the plugins, but seems they abandoned it... leaving me unable to create any .nif files, as well as, being able to take the tentacles, bone and rig them and then create animation files to work in SexLab.  :(

Limited by skills and tools...

Hopefully, either you or someone else might want to help out in that step... from the way you make it sound, it should be pretty simple to change things over, provided a proper .nif file of the mesh can be created.

~Nate

Thanks!!

~Nate

Hi Nate!

Hi Stratovarius,

Regretfully, when I went to school it was for Maya... so not very good with Max and the version of Maya that I have is not supported by nifscope... I've hoped and hoped that they would update the plugins, but seems they abandoned it... leaving me unable to create any .nif files, as well as, being able to take the tentacles, bone and rig them and then create animation files to work in SexLab. :(

Limited by skills and tools...

Hopefully, either you or someone else might want to help out in that step... from the way you make it sound, it should be pretty simple to change things over, provided a proper .nif file of the mesh can be created.

~Nate

No problem! I have my student copy of 3DS from a few years ago that works perfectly with Skyrim if you want me to give it a try! :)

Also, 3Ds Max and maya both support .fbx files since they're both autodesk products. Exporting to 3Ds max from maya should not be a problem, and from there on, there are a few settings you'll probably have to change when exporting to .nif, but that's about it. There really isn't much real 3Ds Max specific stuff involved at all. nifskope is more of a bugger in the whole exporting process.

ok, I have tried to do something similar but I have a problem that kinda buffles me.

I have managed to create the .nif and the .dds textures.

The .nif hoever does take some time to load in the CK so I will propably have to remake it and lower the vertices somehow.

My problem however is that in the CK, the .nif appears totaly transparent !! 

the textures are in the correct folder and the .nif nodes point at that folder.

Any help would be appreciated.

My problem however is that in the CK, the .nif appears totaly transparent !! 

the textures are in the correct folder and the .nif nodes point at that folder.

It's probably because something is not set up correctly in the .nif file. Have you checked the Alpha value in the BSLIghtingShaderProperty using NifSkope? It should be set to 1.

Glad to hear that the transparency got fixed. Yes, the scale is probably an export issue (but just to be sure, you may want to check the scale value in the NiTriShape Node. Again, it should be set to 1). If you haven't already, consider importing a standard Skyrim mesh to use as a reference point.

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I usually end up having to assign the textures manually again in nifSkope even though I applied them in 3ds Max before, so I doubt it.
But depending on your situation you might be able to still save time by copying a correctly set up BSLightShaderProperty branch and pasting it into your other objects

I guess I have to fix both the textures and the alpha value as well as delete the material node left from 3ds max manually.

The problem however is that I end up having a nif with around 1200 nodes !!!!

ok, I fixed them all manually (most boring think I ever did in my life!!!) but Skyrim CK seems unable to load such a complicated .nif. half the textures are black.

Is there any way to decrease the number of those nodes. as you understand most nodes use the same textures. (I dont have 1200 textures). Is there something I am missing in the export procedures?

Edit* Anyone knows of a working nif importer/exporter for 3ds max 2013?

Wow, must be a pretty complex mesh to have so many nodes. Couldn't imagine editing them all manually...

Let's see, you could decrease the number of nodes by merging some geometry parts together in 3ds Max so that they register as a single NiTriShape node in NifSkope (you know, attaching objects in 'edit poly' mode).
Also, if many the objects are skinned to the same skeleton, you could just reuse the bones instead of exporting separate instances for each object. But if I'm not mistaken that happens automatically on export and would only be an issue if you merged the .nifs together afterwards...
Either way, don't forget to keep the 'remove unused nodes' option checked on export to get rid of unskinned bones in your nif.

There may be other ways to reduce the nif complexity, but I've never looked into it since I've never found myself in that situation..

By the way, black textures in the CK can also be caused by wrong 'UV Scale' coordinates in the BSLightingShaderProperty. Both X & Y values should always be set to - you guessed it - 1.

The scene itself is not that complex. I have exported am .obj from Poser pro. If I import that .obj directly into nifscope it has around 200 something nods wich looks normal. however the mesh is ..meshed up seriously. The same .obj imported in max and exported as a .nif, gets to have 1200 nods. Obviously max meshes up somewhere. 

I see. Poser objects usually have some serious subdivision going on due to the nature of the program - the poly count must be quite high. Imported character bodies also tend to be split up into different elements when imported into Max, most likely adding to the node count.

Delete all parts of the body/bodies that won't be visible and combine them together, then add a smooth modifier on top and put everything into the same smoothing group (NifSkope creates duplicate vertices at smoothing group borders, so make sure there's just a single one for each object in Max).

What kind of nodes does max add the most? Geometry/bones/shaders/...?

Archived