Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

Is it possible to turn off butt bounce in 7-22 plugin? If not then they should add an option to choose the bounce option in the final release. Many of my cloth is clipping heavily on butt area.

I'd like to know as well if this is possible. the butt bounce is somewhat imperfect, especialy its isue with permanently jiggling in animations like sitting down. with its compatability with the original animations, it would bring back the more refined butt bounce from the normal tbbp butt animations.

Is it possible to turn off butt bounce in 7-22 plugin? If not then they should add an option to choose the bounce option in the final release. Many of my cloth is clipping heavily on butt area.

Hey there, thunderiaz: no one is entitled to say that the developers should do this or that. We're not paying them (unless I've missed something, in which case I'll cough up my share). Better to say "I'd like to see...etc." Yes? :cool:

In the meantime, try using a skeleton.nif that supports only boob jiggle, not boob & butt. Plenty of those kicking around.

That looks new(er) to me. Will add it.

So much potential but so glichy... :(

glichy? tried the 7.22 version?
Not glichy at all for me

yes the 7,22 works only the last one doesn't (so why HydrogensaysHDT make an update for a skyrim body if the mod doesn't work with skyrim bodies)

I kinda explained it in the op...

this has always been intended as a 'developer tool'. It appears to be going the way of a modding tool for body and outfit mesh artists rather than an add-on for users. It may seem like a step backwards, but it probably allows much more flexibility and overall stability when limiting to that scope.

As a software developer, the more can limit parameters, the better. If your end product has to deal with the vagaries of skyrim mods and loading order, then you have to keep it slim so it doesn't barf all the time.

But if you have a tool set for mesh artists only, then you can give them everything under the sun and leave it to them to deal with the downline effects of their own mod. it can be up to them to include as much or as little (of HDT physics) as they want.

If HDT releases docs on how to make it work, great. I'm sure all these mesh artists that have pretty much disappeared will come out of the woodwork in order to update their mesh to the newest widget.

Guest thunderiaz

Hey there, thunderiaz: no one is entitled to say that the developers should do this or that. We're not paying them (unless I've missed something, in which case I'll cough up my share). Better to say "I'd like to see...etc." Yes? :cool:

In the meantime, try using a skeleton.nif that supports only boob jiggle, not boob & butt. Plenty of those kicking around.

Why so serious? By telling 'should add' means a constructive suggestion which on my opinion will make the mod more awesome. And yes, my "should do" means "I'd like to see". Everything need not be told always. You have to understand sometimes.

Not really serious, just offering a gentle reminder. So have you tried a non-jiggly-butt skeleton.nif yet? Seems to me the old CHSBHC files should have one, or several. As for me, I find the constant butt quiver kind of amusing (when it doesn't crash my damn game)...but then I don't have a problem with clipping since my char. wears invisible armor.  :D

The 7-27 works for me after I deleted meshes\actors\character\character assets\skeleton.hkx. Never mind I somehow reinstalled the old version. The 7-27 still doesn't work.

7-27 change log translated(Even though I'm a native chinese speaker, I not too familiar with technical jargon in chinese):

Collision filter rules changed(for mmd compatibility)
Uses the new rigid body calculations collisionFilterInfo below
If rigid body belongs to group A, doesn't collide with group B, C, D(0<=A,B,C,D<24)
Then CollisionFilterInfo = (A<<24) | (1<<B ) | (1<<C) | (1<<D);
New example physics info document:

Havok's Generic constraints has very low stability... considering moving to bullet....

The 7-27 works for me after I deleted meshes\actors\character\character assets\skeleton.hkx. Never mind I somehow reinstalled the old version. The 7-27 still doesn't work.

7-27 change log translated(Even though I'm a native chinese speaker, I not too familiar with technical jargon in chinese):

If rigid body belongs to group A, doesn't collide with group B, C, D(0<=A,B,C,D<24)

Havok's Generic constraints has very low stability... considering moving to bullet....

if u want someone knows chinese, I can help, I have an accout on 3DM even I am not in China anymore.

just send me a PM or something if u want help with this.

That's great, thanks. 

I have a couple of questions that you might be able to answer by reading HDT's posts or that thread. 

1) If this is meant for modders, are there docs or info for modders somewhere on how to use it?

2) is the skse source posted?

3) it looks like maya is required for modding using this. is that true?

If there were docs somewhere, would one of you be willing to translate?

if u want someone knows chinese, I can help, I have an accout on 3DM even I am not in China anymore.

That's great, thanks. 

I have a couple of questions that you might be able to answer by reading HDT's posts or that thread. 

1) If this is meant for modders, are there docs or info for modders somewhere on how to use it?

1) no docs yet. there are still many things no decided yet.

for example, collision filters can't save in .bullet file, so ... fogive my pool English ...

I need modders who can export .bullet files from 3d modeling software (blender, maya etc) to help me.

They know what they need.

2) no, it isn't.

3) Maya, blender, or 3ds Max if you can find bullet plugin.(the official website : bulletphysics.org only containts plugin for maya, and it's a build-in feature in blender)

about why bullet not havok:

the constraints in havok are really unstable. I can't stand it!

everything flies randomly!!! and stablization doesn't work!!

They promise the constraints will be stable by calling stabilizeRigidBodyInertia but it doesn't work : (

Thanks for your awesome mods, HydrogensaysHDT.

I tried that Miku mesh, and it even loaded into skyrim, with bullet physics. I renamed the .xml, since i'm also running the last version with breast support, the 22.07 one, and both systems working at once were scattering that poor Miku all over the Skyrim.

The mesh loaded. It is not rigged to the skeleton, so it stands in a starting pose. And hairs, ribbons and skirt are twitching.

post-95-0-47400000-1375309614_thumb.jpg

Hey, HydrogensaysHDT, I'll add my thanks to Uriel's. This looks like the best thing to hit Skyrim since...hell, since ThePal's 'no undies' textures came out.

To others who have experienced crashes with this mod enabled, I suggest you try ATTK. It was formerly available on the Nexus but got banned because it was a pre-commercial test release. If you can score a copy from somewhere, make sure you set "HighCPU=1" in the ATTK .ini file. Give you an example: ever since I began installing mods, Riften has been a CTD hell-hole for me. With ATTK 07 installed & HighCPU set to 1, my char. broke into Madesi's strong box & planted the silver ring on what's-his-name...with her boobs a-swinging, along with every other boob in the marketplace. Not only that, she made it down to the Ratway sill swingin'! Pretty impressive by my (heavily modded Skyrim) standards these days.

Disclaimer: I have no interest of any kind in ATTK except improving my own Skyrim experience. If this suggestion improves anyone else's...well hey, we're all in this together and we're in it for the long haul. Right? :)

Thanks for your awesome mods, HydrogensaysHDT.

I tried that Miku mesh, and it even loaded into skyrim, with bullet physics. I renamed the .xml, since i'm also running the last version with breast support, the 22.07 one, and both systems working at once were scattering that poor Miku all over the Skyrim.

The mesh loaded. It is not rigged to the skeleton, so it stands in a starting pose. And hairs, ribbons and skirt are twitching.

the mesh is converted from mmd by mmd2nif.exe. put the pmd/pmx file as the first argument.

softbody is not support yet.

and the skeleton... this is my biggest problem...

btw, do not use the havok ver. with the mesh, it's really a mess!!!no matter what inertia i set.

and do not use the two system at the same time.

That's great, thanks. 

1) no docs yet. there are still many things no decided yet.

for example, collision filters can't save in .bullet file, so ... fogive my pool English ...

I need modders who can export .bullet files from 3d modeling software (blender, maya etc) to help me.

They know what they need.

2) no, it isn't.

3) Maya, blender, or 3ds Max if you can find bullet plugin.(the official website : bulletphysics.org only containts plugin for maya, and it's a build-in feature in blender)

about why bullet not havok:

the constraints in havok are really unstable. I can't stand it!

everything flies randomly!!! and stablization doesn't work!!

They promise the constraints will be stable by calling stabilizeRigidBodyInertia but it doesn't work : (

Thank you for replying! Starting a new account just to reply was nice, thanks.

Do not feel bad for your english. You seem to know it better than a lot of people in America these days. I would say that you are pretty good with english, not poor.

I will do what I can to find you some modders to help. I know a couple people, so I will ask around (I also posted here on LoversLab).

ALSO THE VERSION 7.22 DOESN'T WORK WITH THE skeleton_female.hkx

Does anyone notice that last working version of HDT makes the game  crash when ever you try to enter the place of the jarl in whiterun ???

What is the current verdict of the latest version of HDT ???

It's been observed that problems with this mod can be unique from system to system. Most people have no problem running 7-22 with the skeleton.hkx (it adds physics to whatever animations i'm running), nor do they crash when entering Dragonsreach. 

Most problems can be fixed by using XP32 Max Skeleton (google it).

is there any news about work being done on armors such as the demo one?  And also, everyone else's demo dress goes bat shit crazy while you're moving, right?

I wouldn't say BATshit crazy... it seems to need some tweak, but other that being a little raw it it's pretty good . . . until one of the panels gets stuck between the legs.

I'm not quite sure how I should get this to work. I've got SKSE, I've got CB++ TBBP body, I've got XPMS skeleton, I created a Skyrim/data/SKSE/plugins/ folder and put hdtPhysicsExtensions 7-22.dll there, and I renamed skeleton_female.hkx, all without any change at all. What could possibly be the issue?

I'm not quite sure how I should get this to work. I've got SKSE, I've got CB++ TBBP body, I've got XPMS skeleton, I created a Skyrim/data/SKSE/plugins/ folder and put hdtPhysicsExtensions 7-22.dll there, and I renamed skeleton_female.hkx, all without any change at all. What could possibly be the issue?

remove the date from the file name.

(added that tidbit to the instructions)

Archived