Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

Guest wnxmegax

I don't like the new version very much I mean why take something so great away from all other body types. It a crime I say a CRIME! I have tried many different skeletons and non do anything. I'm using CHSBHC 3-T. I stick to my old version till this problem is fixed or not.

I just tested 7-25 in Dragonsreach and it works fine for my char. and for the sweeping ladies. The jiggle looks about the same as the previous version. I can't confirm whether or not creatures are affected, as they were a couple of versions ago: right now I'm having a terrible time getting the hell out of Whiterun. Constant CTDs which I believe are unrelated to this mod.

For what it's worth, I'm using EBBP body meshes (EBBP now seems to have been abandoned, *sob* *sniff*) with a skeleton_female.nif from:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34713/?

rather than one of XP32's.

...and we thought Oblivion had some weird quirks. :s

are you sure it's HDT working for you there, cause on your nexus link there, that file doesn't have a skeleton and it's actually just an animation with bounce done in the classic style. You are gonna get some bounce there even if HDT is removed and not working at all.  Maybe your nexus link is wrong.

As for what we can expect in the future, I think it's gonna be a skeleton issue, in that we'll have to use the one they settle on, but we'll probably still be able to use whatever body we desire..

EDIT: Oh, never mind, there is actually a skeleton there besides just the animation. You might have just solved this mystery.

The version from the 7/25 t works only for prepared clothes and armor.

For Example for the demo of the China Dress, where the skeleton is additionally available.

The version 7/22 has some problems with cell change, but so far stable and runs perfectly otherwise.

Who SexLab uses (like me), you can without rename or delete  of sketetton_female.hkx. The animation is then correct and it does not lead to instability.

Someone mentioned it before about the breasts getting bigger.

I use 7B bombshell body and when i have the v7-22 plug-in and remove/rename the skeleton_female.hkx the breasts not only get bigger but they changed the shape to what unpb looks like (i had screenies but deleted them).

Then i read that with v7-22 you can still use the .hkx file w/o removing/renaming, the breasts kept to the original shape of the 7B body.

Also noticed that with some of the sex animations where the breasts bounced alot, the HDT makes them bounce less or not at all (and these are bbp/tbbp enabled anims).

Is there a way to change the numbers involved in jiggle strength? The tits go absolutely insane with any movement at all, and dont stop jiggling.

Opening the .dll just gives me junk data in notepad, not sure how i'd go about trying to change values. 

Maybe theres a slightly more sublte version available? One that isnt a perma jiggle?

Is there a way to change the numbers involved in jiggle strength? The tits go absolutely insane with any movement at all, and dont stop jiggling.

Opening the .dll just gives me junk data in notepad, not sure how i'd go about trying to change values. 

Maybe theres a slightly more sublte version available? One that isnt a perma jiggle?

I think he's aiming for an MCM menu eventually, but not something I've seen.

I think I might just have my old 360 Better Breast Bounce back from before. It doesn't seem to be HDT at all.

^

No, it's because the so-called bounce effect is actually not a bounce effect. It's cloth blew by the wind effect, as this mod was created for the cloth physics.

It's animated wrong for the breast.

Armor meshes and body meshes are exactly the same thing in the skyrim engine. The physics are both governed by the skeleton you're using. The body is just a mesh same as the armors. You can even make armors that look exactly like a naked body

The bounce effect added by the HDT mod are controlled by your movement, if you stand perfectly still you'll get a very small bounce, but if you start jumping and sneaking or moving around you'll get a huge bounce. The HDT mod isn't actually true cloth physics but it's pretty good at seeming like it is.

Also, there's actually no wind in skyrim.

the demo garment is throwing me off. 

It's just a nif and an .xml file... no texture, no skeleton. It's a chinese-style dress, long to the ankles, slit up the side from ankle to the waist. Without a texture, it's blue in-game. The body appears to be based on a regular cbbe or unp (i don't use either so I can't tell). Breasts move, dress doesn't.

I got this far by replacing the archmage robes in my outfit mod (ADEC Vanilla Collection). I put the .nif in the dir (\meshes\clothes\archmage\f\), delete the archmage, then named the china dress as the archmagerobes name. I then copied it to a _1 version.

Looking at the .nif, there's an entry for NiStringExtraData. It's a path that points to the xml file. I can't change the path tho.

Thoughts?

This xml has a newer version number than the one that can be used by hct or 3ds max. I think they used one of those tools off of nexus to upgrade it to 2012 r1 or whatever. I think I have a vague understanding of how the dress works, but if the original xml isn't included then we won't know unless the author decides to include source or whatever. The skirt bones are using spheres as rigid bodies so they bounce like a ball at the end of a string. As for the alignment issues and collapse/expansion problems some of the rigid bodies have a restitution issue I think. Some have a mass of 0 or almost 0 so it could be what is keeping the skirt from lining up again after death. This is really great and it could be the thing that makes flails possible weapons.

the demo garment is throwing me off. 

It's just a nif and an .xml file... no texture, no skeleton. It's a chinese-style dress, long to the ankles, slit up the side from ankle to the waist. Without a texture, it's blue in-game. The body appears to be based on a regular cbbe or unp (i don't use either so I can't tell). Breasts move, dress doesn't.

I got this far by replacing the archmage robes in my outfit mod (ADEC Vanilla Collection). I put the .nif in the dir (\meshes\clothes\archmage\f\), delete the archmage, then named the china dress as the archmagerobes name. I then copied it to a _1 version.

Looking at the .nif, there's an entry for NiStringExtraData. It's a path that points to the xml file. I can't change the path tho.

Thoughts?

This xml has a newer version number than the one that can be used by hct or 3ds max. I think they used one of those tools off of nexus to upgrade it to 2012 r1 or whatever. I think I have a vague understanding of how the dress works, but if the original xml isn't included then we won't know unless the author decides to include source or whatever. The skirt bones are using spheres as rigid bodies so they bounce like a ball at the end of a string. As for the alignment issues and collapse/expansion problems some of the rigid bodies have a restitution issue I think. Some have a mass of 0 or almost 0 so it could be what is keeping the skirt from lining up again after death. This is really great and it could be the thing that makes flails possible weapons.

that comment was actually based on the first release of the demo garment. since then, an actual mod was linked with the release... which, of course, is much easier to deal with.

All I can find is the dll and the dress as a separate file. I can't read Chinese. I did find something interesting though after searching google. The content tools for 2011-2012 have been released on the havok website. I don't see anything relating to the behavior tool though, if that ever comes out then it will be relatively easy to add new stuff compared to how things are done now.

So much potential but so glichy... :(

glichy? tried the 7.22 version?

Not glichy at all for me

yes the 7,22 works only the last one doesn't (so why HydrogensaysHDT make an update for a skyrim body if the mod doesn't work with skyrim bodies)

yes the 7,22 works only the last one doesn't (so why HydrogensaysHDT make an update for a skyrim body if the mod doesn't work with skyrim bodies)

Because the mod is still in beta phase and they are testing out different variants of the mod in order to make it as efficient as possible when it rolls around to becoming a final product. Upon experimenting, they will have to try different tests and this variant is no different. Continue using the one that works best for you if you like, just know that the process of development will not always be so linear.

Sorry, I have to retract my earlier post (#100) reporting that 7-25 worked with the EBBP body and a non-XP32 skeleton. I found out that I had installed 7-25 over 7-22 using a different file name. The later version didn't overwrite the earlier one, so I was running both without knowing it.

Turns out 7-22 was doing all the work, because when I realized my mistake & removed it, I got the same result everyone else is reporting: no jiggle.

[ EDIT]: Further testing suggests that 7-22 has caused some of the random crashes I've been experiencing. That may be my 32-bit WinXP running out of system resources rather than the HDT physics extensions. Of the 4gb RAM installed, probably 3 - 3 1/2 are available to the game. Guess I'll have to break down & migrate to Windows 7...

[ EDIT/UPDATE ]: After more experimenting I can confirm that 7-22 does cause CTDs on my system, usually in exterior cells or entering/leaving the world space. Can anyone tell me if that's a problem on 64-bit versions of Windows with more than 4 gb of RAM?

Sorry, I have to retract my earlier post (#100) reporting that 7-25 worked with the EBBP body and a non-XP32 skeleton. I found out that I had installed 7-25 over 7-22 using a different file name. The later version didn't overwrite the earlier one, so I was running both without knowing it.

Turns out 7-22 was doing all the work, because when I realized my mistake & removed it, I got the same result everyone else is reporting: no jiggle.

[ EDIT]: Further testing suggests that 7-22 has caused some of the random crashes I've been experiencing. That may be my 32-bit WinXP running out of system resources rather than the HDT physics extensions. Of the 4gb RAM installed, probably 3 - 3 1/2 are available to the game. Guess I'll have to break down & migrate to Windows 7...

[ EDIT/UPDATE ]: After more experimenting I can confirm that 7-22 does cause CTDs on my system, usually in exterior cells or entering/leaving the world space. Can anyone tell me if that's a problem on 64-bit versions of Windows with more than 4 gb of RAM?

the problem its not win 7 64 and more 4gb ram, hes works fine, its skyrim , because cant handle more of 4gb because its 32 bit application, if goes got something running and use more of 4gb that for sure will cause ctd. (debugs,enbs,textures,scripts,etc all that increase alot of ram usage at game, so before installing alot high def things remember skyrim have a limit (4gb), so its not matter if you have 4gb or 32gb at end.

Thanks, Deedlit, I understand that Skyrim can address 4gb of memory and no more. The trouble is (or may be) that WinXP leaves only about 3 to 3 1/2 gigabytes available to applications. With a 64-bit OS and, say, 8gb installed, the weenie Skyrim engine should at least have all the headroom it can use.

Anyhow, I'd be interested to know if anyone else is experiencing exterior-cell crashes due to the (7-22) physics mod and if so, what OS they're running.

Hope our Oriental friends release an update soon!  :cool:

p.s. Love the lip-biting avatar.

Skyrim was created as a 32 bit application even though 64 bit OSes and applications were commonly available. Mainly because those sorry, pathetic console systems are also 32 bit boxes. With a 32 bit system the maximum addressable memory is 4GB but MS Windows reserves 1GB of the address apace for itself so applications running under 32 bit Windows are limited to 3GB.

Under 64 bit Windows you are running a 32 bit to 64 bit "shim" between your 32 bit application and the 64 bit OS and like a bad idea MS still reserves 1GB of that memory space for itself.

Some memory use counters may show more than 3gb in use by the program, I suspect that's an artifact of converting the 4gb base 16 address space to a base 10 (decimal) address space.

Guest thunderiaz

Is it possible to turn off butt bounce in 7-22 plugin? If not then they should add an option to choose the bounce option in the final release. Many of my cloth is clipping heavily on butt area.

Archived