Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

@monsto

[ . . . ]

In other notes, I also would like to ask if could have this url http://pan.baidu.com/s/1GGgvB#dir/path=%2FhdtPhysicsExtensions linked to new mod pages in nexus... Some of new plan for SG hair by hellosanta. I don't plan to upload the file (hdt plugin dll) since I'm not the one who made it and I can't maintain it even if with permission. So at least I want help some people that don't know where to download. It will be bad if one of nexusmoderatard googling "HDT" as keywords and linked to this site. 

You know, it's kinda for that reason that I was seriously considering the other day of taking all this offsite. There's a ton of different sub-threads going on in here, and it might benefit from just a straight up forum. I wouldn't have any illusions about how busy it would be or anything, it would just serve as a kinda neutral place to centralize everything.

monsto.com/hdt would be simplest (i own/control the domain duh), or we could chip in for a separate domain. I have plenty of resources, so there's zero cost in ongoing hosting.

@monsto

[ . . . ]

In other notes, I also would like to ask if could have this url http://pan.baidu.com/s/1GGgvB#dir/path=%2FhdtPhysicsExtensions linked to new mod pages in nexus... Some of new plan for SG hair by hellosanta. I don't plan to upload the file (hdt plugin dll) since I'm not the one who made it and I can't maintain it even if with permission. So at least I want help some people that don't know where to download. It will be bad if one of nexusmoderatard googling "HDT" as keywords and linked to this site. 

You know, it's kinda for that reason that I was seriously considering the other day of taking all this offsite. There's a ton of different sub-threads going on in here, and it might benefit from just a straight up forum. I wouldn't have any illusions about how busy it would be or anything, it would just serve as a kinda neutral place to centralize everything.

monsto.com/hdt would be simplest (i own/control the domain duh), or we could chip in for a separate domain. I have plenty of resources, so there's zero cost in ongoing hosting.

OK, I'm perfectly understand. Somekind of tumblr or blog would be good idea then indirectly link to this thread,

I forgot to mention that in the case where morphing meshes differ alot (body, hands, feet, whatever_x) it is possible to include a skeleton specific to _1 and one specific to _0. You want to be careful and make sure that both of them are either using one variant of the skeleton or similar skeletons (no bone differences between _1 or _0) or you get crashes; atleast I have. Both bodies should have the same smoothing group. I was having issues with some feet/body I had edited (I wanted the ankles and calves to be more realistic) where I was getting 2 different vertex counts on export (with no welding) even though the edit I made on both meshes was identical. To avoid that problem I convert my first mesh to poly set smoothing groups to 1 and then just use a morph modifier above it to conform the shape to the other one I need.

I forgot to mention that in the case where morphing meshes differ alot (body, hands, feet, whatever_x) it is possible to include a skeleton specific to _1 and one specific to _0. You want to be careful and make sure that both of them are either using one variant of the skeleton or similar skeletons (no bone differences between _1 or _0) or you get crashes; atleast I have. Both bodies should have the same smoothing group. I was having issues with some feet/body I had edited (I wanted the ankles and calves to be more realistic) where I was getting 2 different vertex counts on export (with no welding) even though the edit I made on both meshes was identical. To avoid that problem I convert my first mesh to poly set smoothing groups to 1 and then just use a morph modifier above it to conform the shape to the other one I need.

Haha so you also experience it. Me too. Convert any meshes before any edit to poly is a must. As long as we dont use modifier that reduce/increase vertex count. Smooth does, so your last line is exactly what I was doing at that point

Does anyone know where I can find the most up to date bounciest hdt version I remember people use to edit the values but I am not sure if they are up to date anymore.

All the posted .xml files I've seen, including the one I uploaded & later removed, are probably obsolete. A week or so ago, HydrogensaysHDT expanded the range of motion and provided more variables to play with.

That said, here's a bouncy-wouncy version--for comparison & further tinkering, not by any means a finished effort:

SON O' BOING-BOING.7z

NOTE: This doesn't get along with HydrogensaysHDT's latest (post-Nov. 8) releases! Chances are it won't crash your game, but it will look like shit.

The amount and frequency of bounce & sway suit the body and skeleton I'm currently using, and also my taste in purely fantasy females: mega-boobs, small butt, narrow hips. What you see will depend on the body, skeleton, clothes & armor etc. you're using. Whether you like it or not will depend on your tastes.

Most likely you will notice that it IS possible to get a visible (walking) butt jiggle, and quite easy to increase it beyond the range I prefer. Far, far beyond... :lol:

CAN'T EMPASIZE THIS ENOUGH:

I strongly suggest you & anyone else interested in achieving jiggle Nirvana download XML Notepad & play around with the variables.

By way of starters, I also suggest you change one (1) little number in the default .xml file, save it, then reload it & change it back, then save it again. That's because the original doesn't seem to have the same formatting (i.e. tabbing) as the new & presumably improved .xml file you'll be dinkin' with. Once you have 2 files with similar tabbing etc., you can use the handy-dandy "Compare XML files" feature (found in the VIEW menu) and easily find which variables have been altered & by how much. Not necessarily why they were altered, supposing there was a reason, only what & how much.

Good luck!

...and no reviews, please, this is strictly offered as a PSFP (see post 591) ;)

[ Edit/p.s./Afterthoughts 'R' Us Dept.: I forgot to mention that in XML Notepad, the arrays that HydrogensaysHDT sort-of documented a couple of pages back show up as one line of numbers. Clicking on the line will reveal the whole array. Windows Notepad also displays the whole array, but for editing it's a pain in the ass compared to XML Notepad. ]

this mod is so revolutionary! pure genius.

i wonder though, does is have a performance hit on the game? i started getting significant increases in lag and stutter upon entering new cells. testing seems to indicate this mod. i can also now tell when something spawns around me as they'll be a small stutter. does this plugin run any time anything at all is spawned? seems even animal spawns and bird spawns cause me  short lag now.

@monsto

[ . . . ]

OK, I'm perfectly understand. Somekind of tumblr or blog would be good idea then indirectly link to this thread,

Actually, I was talking about completely taking the whole thing offsite... support, dls, everything. This thread could stay intact, but the majority of support and all dls would be elsewhere. I think there's just too much going on in 1 thread. IMO it would benefit from a dedicated forum.

What do you guys think?

Actually, I was talking about completely taking the whole thing offsite... support, dls, everything. This thread could stay intact, but the majority of support and all dls would be elsewhere. I think there's just too much going on in 1 thread. IMO it would benefit from a dedicated forum.

What do you guys think?

For what it's worth, I think HDT Physics is easily big enough--and revolutionary enough--to justify a forum of its own. This is 'way beyond HDT HighHeels, great & wonderful though that is. So what would be involved in setting up & maintaining a forum? I'm aware of at least one 'free' (meaning ad popups pay for the thing) forum site, but apart from that I'm greener than next spring's grass.

(How green? I didn't even know I could change my user name--i.e. lose the '89'--until I saw you had changed yours.  :ph34r: )

Does anyone know where I can find the most up to date bounciest hdt version I remember people use to edit the values but I am not sure if they are up to date anymore.

All the posted .xml files I've seen, including the one I uploaded & later removed, are probably obsolete. A week or so ago, HydrogensaysHDT expanded the range of motion and provided more variables to play with.

That said, here's a bouncy-wouncy version--for comparison & further tinkering, not by any means a finished effort:

attachicon.gifSON O' BOING-BOING.7z

The amount and frequency of bounce & sway suit the body and skeleton I'm currently using, and also my taste in purely fantasy females: mega-boobs, small butt, narrow hips. What you see will depend on the body, skeleton, clothes & armor etc. you're using. Whether you like it or not will depend on your tastes.

Most likely you will notice that it IS possible to get a visible (walking) butt jiggle, and quite easy to increase it beyond the range I prefer. Far, far beyond... :lol:

CAN'T EMPASIZE THIS ENOUGH:

I strongly suggest you & anyone else interested in achieving jiggle Nirvana download XML Notepad & play around with the variables.

By way of starters, I also suggest you change one (1) little number in the default .xml file, save it, then reload it & change it back, then save it again. That's because the original doesn't seem to have the same formatting (i.e. tabbing) as the new & presumably improved .xml file you'll be dinkin' with. Once you have 2 files with similar tabbing etc., you can use the handy-dandy "Compare XML files" feature (found in the VIEW menu) and easily find which variables have been altered & by how much. Not necessarily why they were altered, supposing there was a reason, only what & how much.

Good luck!

...and no reviews, please, this is strictly offered as a PSFP (see post 591) ;)

[ Edit/p.s./Afterthoughts 'R' Us Dept.: I forgot to mention that in XML Notepad, the arrays that HydrogensaysHDT sort-of documented a couple of pages back show up as one line of numbers. Clicking on the line will reveal the whole array. Windows Notepad also displays the whole array, but for editing it's a pain in the ass compared to XML Notepad. ]

XML Notepad: http://xmlnotepad.codeplex.com/

What have you found out about the xml sections? Have you discovered anything additional to the few notes I posted a while back?

I just upload a new xml and now the structs of generic constraints look the same.

<hkobject name="#0083" class="hkpGenericConstraintData" signature="0xda80914e">
			<!-- memSizeAndFlags SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
			<!-- referenceCount SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
			<hkparam name="userData">0</hkparam>
			<hkparam name="atoms">
				<hkobject>
					<hkparam name="bridgeAtom">
						<hkobject>
							<hkparam name="type">TYPE_BRIDGE</hkparam>
							<!-- buildJacobianFunc SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
							<hkparam name="constraintData">#0083</hkparam>
							<!-- padding SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
						</hkobject>
					</hkparam>
				</hkobject>
			</hkparam>
			<hkparam name="scheme">
				<hkobject>
					<!-- info SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
					<hkparam name="data" numelements="23">
						(0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000) <!-- 1 Pivot A -->
						(0.000000 0.000000 2.000000 0.000000) <!-- 2 Pivot B -->
						(1.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000) <!-- 8 Matrix3x3 angular basis A -->
						(0.000000 1.000000 0.000000 0.000000)
						(0.000000 0.000000 1.000000 0.000000)
						(1.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000) <!-- 9 Matrix3x3 angular basis B -->
						(0.000000 1.000000 0.000000 0.000000)
						(0.000000 0.000000 1.000000 0.000000)
						(-0.200000 0.200000 0.000000 0.000000) <!-- 17 0 Angular limit at axis 1 in radius -->
						(-0.100000 0.100000 0.000000 0.000000) <!-- 17 1 Angular limit at axis 2 in radius -->
						(-0.500000 0.500000 0.000000 0.000000) <!-- 17 2 Angular limit at axis 3 in radius -->
						(0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000) <!-- 14 0 Angular motor index at axis 1 -->
						(1.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000) <!-- 14 1 Angular motor index at axis 2 -->
						(2.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000) <!-- 14 2 Angular motor index at axis 3 -->
						(1.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000) <!-- 4 0 Linear dof 1 relate to B -->
						(0.000000 1.000000 0.000000 0.000000) <!-- 4 1 Linear dof 2 relate to B -->
						(0.000000 0.000000 1.000000 0.000000) <!-- 4 2 Linear dof 3 relate to B -->
						(-1.000000 1.000000 0.000000 0.000000) <!-- 16 0 Linear limit at dof 1 -->
						(-2.000000 2.000000 0.000000 0.000000) <!-- 16 1 Linear limit at dof 2 -->
						(-6.000000 6.000000 0.000000 0.000000) <!-- 16 2 Linear limit at dof 3 -->
						(3.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000) <!-- 15 0 Linear motor index at axis 1 -->
						(4.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000) <!-- 15 1 Linear motor index at axis 2 -->
						(5.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000) <!-- 15 2 Linear motor index at axis 3 -->
					</hkparam>
					<hkparam name="commands" numelements="35">
						1 2 8 9 17 0 17 1 17 2 14 0 14 1 14 2
						4 0 4 1 4 2 16 0 16 1 16 2 15 0 15 1
						15 2 0
					</hkparam>
					<!-- modifiers SERIALIZE_IGNORED -->
					<hkparam name="motors" numelements="6">
						#0082 #0082 #0082 #0081 #0081 #0081
					</hkparam>
				</hkobject>
			</hkparam>
		</hkobject>

and larger range for up and down on breasts. ;)

Replying to Monsto Brukes (post 955):

I've found that changing some array values (the ones labelled 'Angular Limit and Linear Limit') will increase/decrease the range of motion. So far I've kept the changes symmetrical, e.g. from 0.50000 and -0.500000 to 1.000000 and -1.000000, and I haven't dinked around with motors at all. There are four arrays in all, and the easiest way to find them is to Search on the value '23': the first two arrays are for the butt, the second two (surprise!) for the breasts. Just altering these values can produce huge differences in the motion (up to & including crashes) before you even get to the labelled goodies like SpringFactor, TimeFactor, InertiaandMassInv etc.

Sorry I can't be more helpful or informative at the moment, I'm quoting from memory & my memory ain't what it used to be. Spent so many hours fussing & fiddling I forget what exactly does what, and of course I didn't document every little change & tweak. Until I work up the ambition to redo from start (with full documentation, of course, based on guesswork), probably the best way to find out is to compare the file I posted with HydrogensaysHDT's default, then compare the results in game.

[ Edit/Still More Afterthoughts Dept: The array changes in 'Son O' Boing-Boing' are symmetrical, but other changes to the breast motion are not. In the size range of interest to me, a certain amount of asymmetry is natural & inevitable. K? ]

I've had a problem with a lot of breast deformation when moving from indoor to outdoor cells and vice versa. I might have found a solution for this when trying to fix the infinite load problem. Safety Load from the Nexus appears to fix both. It is a SKSE plugin and here is the llink.http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/46465//?

Edit: Naturally, my next session showed the plugin doesn't solve the problem absolutely, but I've only found one instance where it doesn't work.

For what it's worth, I think HDT Physics is easily big enough--and revolutionary enough.

Well there's nothing revolutionary i think. Havok engine has it all.Remember Force unleashed I-II  and soul calibur ,its just sad, that others Do, what developers PAID for. Bethesda is just LAZY  MF , guys like Hydrogen ,xp32 ,Canderes509 and others deserve People's Choice Award  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQnrll8H-z4

Just to point out i have a reproducible crash on exiting the soul cairn with the newest dll installed as well as 11-1.

[11/06/13 21:01:27]ERROR: Fatal error occured
[11/06/13 21:01:27]ERROR: Code : 0xc0000005
[11/06/13 21:01:27]ERROR: Flag : 0x00000000
[11/06/13 21:01:27]ERROR: Module : D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\TESV.exe
[11/06/13 21:01:27]ERROR: Address : 0x004aeb0d
[11/06/13 21:01:27]ERROR: Module Address : 0x00000000
[11/06/13 21:01:27]ERROR: AccessViolation, try to read 0x00000012 failed
[11/06/13 21:01:27]ERROR: ExceptionContent saved in hdtPhysicsExtensions.dump
[11/06/13 21:01:27]ERROR: Plugin is trying to save game

That is the log report of the crash, it is reproducible everytime.

Found out it was a corrupted esp for elfx dawnguard.

Anything at AzarHairPonytail03.nif renders in a wrong way, when displayed in 3d vision. Vertical stripes right behind the head at the height of the hair band(ribbon)...not sure how thats called in english.

Didnt happen in the previous versions of the animated ponytail.

Just wanted to mention it. Not a big deal, since i can just go back to the last previous version, without any animation at the frontside.

But i am curious to see your next projects, Momijis Miku outfit, becaue it will probably perfectly fit to my new avatar, Kunoichi Kasumi (from jackga).

Anything at AzarHairPonytail03.nif renders in a wrong way, when displayed in 3d vision. Vertical stripes right behind the head at the height of the hair band(ribbon)...not sure how thats called in english.

Didnt happen in the previous versions of the animated ponytail.

Just wanted to mention it. Not a big deal, since i can just go back to the last previous version, without any animation at the frontside.

But i am curious to see your next projects, Momijis Miku outfit, becaue it will probably perfectly fit to my new avatar, Kunoichi Kasumi (from jackga).

3D vision? dunno but I have already said that main hair and hairline nif is inseparable entity. Just by load one of them will lose another part. Why? coz that is my new way to compress the hair poly with without losing quality of a hairmod if I "kill" hairline nif function. Previous version does kill it and it took more time to load xml. Using same xml to both of it make some performance hits than actually using multiple different xml. 

Just want add something, This mod is not back to "animate" but it "dynamically" move as gravity affecting it.

As for Miko outfit (not miku) it doesn't work when I test in game and was confuse where gone wrong. I plan to do it from scratch again. Hours tweaking it make to zero again

Archived