Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

Snip

Snip

That's the point. Your NOT running collision then. As Arngrim mentioned, he can't get COLLISION to work when he is using physics hair, he didn't mention anything about the base hdtphysics not working.

Yeah the hdtphysics works just fine without the collision. I was just wondering if it was a hardware issue or not. I have a almost clean install atm with physics hair, W.A.T.E.R, Bodychange, ENB, Climates, Realistic Lighting, ECE, and XP32's skeleton v1.92. 

I have myself got HDT Hair and collision working - however during Idle {caress boobs} they snag onto hands and fall back only when hands do.

I'm using v 11.23 and someone's Azar Hair esp posted somewhere here.. as the Hair Physics posted on nexus only resulted in CTD on load for me.

Also after reading what you guys said - a few posts back - I've tried removing all "Hair" related HDT yet boobs still snag.

EDIT: Idle fixed by deleting "skeleton_female.hkx"  in \Data\Meshes\actors\character\character assets female

Except for a couple of seriously unstable versions, I haven't had too many problems with HDT Physics (apart from trying to figure out what the heck does what in the .xml).

I can't help wondering if a lot of the trouble people are experiencing is caused by FNIS. Forgive my ignorance, but why even run FNIS unless you're also running a sex mod that absolutely requires it? I gave up on sex mods quite a while ago--Skyrim is buggy enough without them--and I don't care if old ladies sashay around like streetwalkers. Whatever the cause of these reported problems, it seems to me that the fewer addons you can live without, especially script-heavy addons made by well-meaning but not fully informed modders, the better.

Just tossing out a point for possible consideration...

Except for a couple of seriously unstable versions, I haven't had too many problems with HDT Physics (apart from trying to figure out what the heck does what in the .xml).

I can't help wondering if a lot of the trouble people are experiencing is caused by FNIS. Forgive my ignorance, but why even run FNIS unless you're also running a sex mod that absolutely requires it? I gave up on sex mods quite a while ago--Skyrim is buggy enough without them--and I don't care if old ladies sashay around like streetwalkers. Whatever the cause of these reported problems, it seems to me that the fewer addons you can live without, especially script-heavy addons made by well-meaning but not fully informed modders, the better.

Just tossing out a point for possible consideration...

Using FNIS can be a tricky thing, but I consider it a "must have", not for sex mods, but mostly for PCEA, something I feel I can't play without. I also have certain animations that have behavior files that FNIS needs to know about. However, when I install ( reinstall, update, etc ) something new that requires FNIS, there are VERY specific steps I have to take to get everything working right.

I run HDT, hair mods, and have for the most part gotten collision to work just fine on Celestial Body. I just really didn't care to much for the idle animation itself and went back to the one I've been using. I did make it the Idle for werewolf form for my werewolf replacer, so I might try attaching the collision to it the armor on that tomorrow and see what happens with the hair I'm using ( and no it's not the Ponytail :P )

Also, as for old ladies sashaying around.... ya well, I'm slowly getting rid of them ( and most men to might I add :P

Something that might be worth adding here.  A lot of people are reporting collision not working etc and thinking it's down to the setup being wrong.  I've set it up properly and will get collision happening on the breasts, BUT, Only after I have fired off an animation (in this case some rumpy- pumpy in a tent :P  )  at this point collision will work untilI I quit or crash.

I'll check if other added animations activate it, but I have a feeling it might be only anims that actually use those bones.  I'll also test with the hair.

Well I did some testing, I can get collision and hair physics to work at the same time without issue for the most part, however, hair breaks when I use a transformation ( in this case werewolf ), like the breasts used to. I'm not sure yet if it is the hair I'm using, my replacer mod, or neither and it will just break regardless. Funny thing was if I opened racemenu, changed my hair to a NON physics hair, used transform, used racemenu, and changed it back, everything worked fine after that. Could revert back and change back over and over without it breaking, but if I didn't follow those steps first the hair would break.

Other then the glitches that come with the collision effect itself ( hands sliding through the underside of the breasts on the way up, etc ) I didn't have any problems with collision breaking IF I USED V1 of the collision XML. The newer V2 seems to make the breasts gravitate up, and while collision still works, it doesn't look very natural at all.

Will try to do some more testing when and if I get the chance, but with the holidays coming up and my wife and kids being home all day for the rest of the week, I don't really know when I will get the chance.

@Shaydow

You could add the hair as a wig (2 armor addons, hair slot and long hair slot) and add the two armor addons to the werewolf body parts, may fix the transformation for human -> werewolf, but maybe not the transformation back (maybe the unequiping of the wig and requiping of the hair may fix by the way i don't know).

xp32 hair works as a wig but I don't have done testing on higher versions than 11-16 or on transformations hair switching with human (hair) -> transformation (wig).

you can check it when you open the nif file in nifscope for body. click on scene root to expand it and watch where the xml is pointing too. some will point it too female body itself others use SKSE\plugins\ etc..

Also check the name itself: HDT.xml since some will rename it hdt_CCBE.xml or hdt_UNP.xml etc..

you can check it when you open the nif file in nifscope for body. click on scene root to expand it and watch where the xml is pointing too. some will point it too female body itself others use SKSE\plugins\ etc..

Also check the name itself: HDT.xml since some will rename it hdt_CCBE.xml or hdt_UNP.xml etc..

you did not understand lol, i meant where do i attach hdtm.xml to. What body, to a male body or female body?

Check the name? the reason im asking if someone has a hdt xml for unp is because the bodies don't have nistringdata .xml yet, because im looking for a unp one.

thanks anyways :)

It doesn't matter what nif file the xml is attached to from what I can tell just so long as it's loaded by something in the game. So if both xml are loaded by the game it doesn't matter which nif you attach them to. However unless I'm mistaken each nif can only have one xml attached. Please if I'm wrong about this some correct me.  On a different note when I say collision doesn't work properly with Physics hair for me. I should have been a bit more precise and said it doesn't work correctly with the ponytail from the nexus and its not the xml for the front part its the back. I don't really know jack about havok but I'm guessing he included some capsules for several upper body parts which are interacting with the capsules for the breasts causing them to behave improperly. Sorry if I'm using the wrong vocabulary for the collision shapes.

Hi

I'm currently using UNPB+Dragonfly TBBP animations+xp32 maximun skeleton. I just wanted to know if the whole "Boobs collition idle" thing, might or not, work with my current settings, since I tried everything on the twelve steps tutorial guide, but it just caused my characters' body to become invisible upon taking her clothes off. And it's rather annoying, since after every fail, I have to re-install a whole bunch of mods, all over again, in order to fix it back again.

Any kind of help will be much appreaciated. And last but not least, apologies for my english, it is not my first language.

I tested the version 11.23 for a couple of hours today and no issues so far. It's seems a good release in my opinion.

Where i can find 11.23?

In the first post's download section the link for v11-15 will always take you to the most current version of the plugin.

I'm not blind. :) Already downloaded it, but it's only 11.16 in my opinion. With this version i have ~75% chance for CTD after load a quicksave... And because of it i want to try 11.23, but from "current release" i can download only a 11.15/16, not a 11.23.

I tested the version 11.23 for a couple of hours today and no issues so far. It's seems a good release in my opinion.

Where i can find 11.23?

In the first post's download section the link for v11-15 will always take you to the most current version of the plugin.

I'm not blind. :) Already downloaded it, but it's only 11.16 in my opinion. With this version i have ~75% chance for CTD after load a quicksave... And because of it i want to try 11.23, but from "current release" i can download only a 11.15/16, not a 11.23.

click on the link, once the page loads, look at the right column, it will show the date of the upload

It should be female body mesh afcourse. don't know of any bouncing male body mesh. This was all done for female only.

ledo4ek stated quite clearly in his OP that hdtm.xml should be attach to male body not female.

xml(v0.2): script.gif  hdt.xml   192.43KB   404 downloads(need attach to body, work with BBP and TBBP body)

for male(required for work boobs collision while touch male, this xml need attach to male body not female): script.gif  hdtm.xml   183.97KB   154 downloads

Archived