Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

This original post of this thread contains outdated info and attachments. This post will no longer be updated.

For current info, please see HDT News & Info.

For peer support of HDT, please make a new post here.

HDT Support (OLD)

The HDT Physics Extention is an SKSE plugin written by Chinese modder HydrogensaysHDT. It uses the Skyrim included Havok physics engine to affect bodily parts: boobs, cape, dress or hair. It is pure, unadulterated genius.

Demo Video: Link

For more, check out these links.

• LoversLab Release: Link
  • Original Release (chinese): Link
  • Current Release (chinese):  Link
  • LoversLab Development: Link
    If you know blender or modelling (maybe even some Havok physics), you may find the development conversation interesting.
  • Release Downloads (chinese): Link
    This is the location that HydrogensaysHDT puts the files for download. There is only the most current release.

The purpose of this thread is to consolidate known issues and fixes into one place. In the original HDT thread, there's been massive repetition of info. The thread moves fast and it's hard to keep up. Here, I will attempt to keep up with this (and the other) thread and update this post so that necessary information is easily available. In other words, you won't have to go hunting thru the original thread to see if the newest tidbits are actually relevant to you.

In the absence of versioning, and for the sake of clarity, this thread will refer to releases by the date of release.

The following instructions have been painstakingly developed over many years of my own frustration with shitty instructions and shitty attitudes towards questions about the instructions. If you have a problem or it doesn't work for you, first re-read 3.Setup and 4.Troubleshooting sections. Read it out loud, even. It sounds tarded but it works.

Then, if you're still having a problem, please use the Support Site at hdt.monsto.com. Since it is a dedicated forum, your individual problem can be dealt with individually.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Table of Contents:

• Current Release Info
  • Downloads
    Current Release
    Minor Release
    Demo Garment
    Release Archives
  • Setup
    Setup for ENBSeries
    skeleton_female.hkx
  • Troubleshooting and Issues
  • Documentation
  • Credits

________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Release Info

Customization of bounce is possible. HydrogensaysHDT has made a program specifically for building the xml for items using HDT physics. You can customize the full range of the physics and add/change bones if you see fit. Available on the Support Site.

xp32 Hair and Outfit mod WIP. Info added to the 2nd post. It is a Work In Progress so please give feedback.

Collision of breasts with other body parts is possible. Breast collision setup guide in the 2nd post of this thread.

v7-22 is still a good release but it's features are dated. A number of things have been upgraded since then. It still works, but newer versions are better. It still installs simply and works with existing T/BBP animations. It has been moved to Historical Versions.

If you have any other issues at all, please post in the thread. This is still a WIP.

2. Downloads:

Get the current downloads.

Release Archive

Major releases only will be listed with notes.

v9-23    
Contains an SKSE Plugin dll along with several other files for development.
Requires that hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml (included) be installed in the same directory as the SKSE Plugin.
Works as body physics addon, by default, for TBBP capable bodies with xp32 Maximum Skeleton

v9-20    
Contains the SKSE Plugin dll along with several other files for development.
Can be made to provide BBP on existing skyrim meshes (body or otherwise). v9-20 Setup Tutorial provided by Vioxsis requires NifSkope
The end effect is much the same as 7-22. The differences are technical. It can be made to work on any TBBP mesh with a TBBP skeleton.

v7-27    hdtPhysicsExtensions 7-27.7z
Does not provide physics with existing skyrim body meshes, works with demo garment.
Was the basis for development in the HDT Physics Mod thread until v9-20.

v7-25 hdtPhysicsExtensions 7-25.7z
Does not provide juggly juggies with legacy skyrim body meshes, works with demo garment.

7-22 Release Version    hdtPhysicsExtensions 7-22.7z
Release Version means that it is simple to install, generally bug free and works with TBBP body + xp32 Maximum Skeleton
Even though more current development versions work, 7-22 works well and without issue. Works with demo garment.

Demo Garment setup step by step. Thanks Uriel, edited for clarity.

• Install the original China Dress mod from here. (mega.co.nz)
  • Get the demo garment archive NPRChinaDress.7z
  • Put the demo garment files into "Skyrim\data\meshes\clothes\NPRChinaDress\"
  • Open chinaDressB_0.nif with nifscope. Nifskope (niftools.sf.net)
  • Find the "NiStringExtraData" record, select it
  • Find the incorrect path to the .xml (it is currently set to "D:\games\Skyrim\Data\meshes\clothes\NPRChinaDress\hdtNPRChinaDress.xml")
  • Click the small "txt" right before that incorrect path record. A small window appears with the path at the bottom. Change the path to your .xml there. Relative and skyrim paths do not work. You must put the full local path... otherwise i would have just attached a working mod here.
  • 'Save As' the .nif
  • 'Save As' AGAIN. . . but this time change the name to chinaDressB_1.nif to create the 100% weight file
  • In your mod manager, activate the mod and the .esp
  • The mod's scripts will auto add that dress to your inventory at the game start.
  • Have fun (optional).

Note: as usual, there is a body included in the nif with the garment. ECE and Racemenu proportions appear to transfer.

3. Setup

HDT Setup step by step. This will change to reflect procedure for the newest version. Special instructions for older versions will be in their Historical Versions entry. Thanks clp2011, edited for clarity.

• Install SKSE. It is required!
  • Install a body with BBP or TBBP compatibility. Start here if you need one.
    Well known bodies and their derivatives will have this. Others will say in their documentation. 
  • Install skeleton with BBP or TBBP compatibility. Start here if you need one.
    Most often, this will be an xp32 created skeleton. Others will say in their documentation.
  • Download the HDT plugin for SKSE from one of the DL links above.
  • Open this directory: Skyrim/data/SKSE/plugins/
  • Copy hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll and the hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml (for v9-23 or later) to the open folder.
    v9-23 or earlier: Remove the date from the plugin dll filename so that it is now hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll.

Setup for ENBSeries
Are you running ENBSeries or any derivative? Add or change the following in either the enblocal.ini (v200 or newer) or enbseries.ini (older versions). 

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=true

OR you can uninstall ENBSeries. Without doing either of these, the mesh will "jitter" which is a known issue.

This is only applicable for v9-28.

skeleton_female.hkx
About the file Skyrim/data/meshes/actors/character/character asssets female/skeleton_female.hkx
It is recommended that you leave this file intact as it will allow every animation to have HDT Physics attached. The animations provide mesh movement for HDT Physics to seed from.

If you delete this file, BBP/TBBP animations will not run. It will allow HDT Physics effects by themselves. It is a different effect but not entirely bad. 

4. Troubleshooting and Issues

Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

If you are not using a minor release, and you're having consistent and fairly predictable problem of any sort, that's my advice. It's a pain in the ass and time consuming, but in the long run it is the easiest way to solve any problems.

HDT is a high order (system wise), high demand mod that does things typically reserved for low order (not driver level, but pretty low) software. It basically puts the game engine up on blocks, adds a complex feature that the game was never intended to have, and then tries to let everyone go on their merry way. It has succeeded in every case except the few that are caused by mods that do something "nonstandard". 

There's been a number of people in this thread that have tried very hard to keep their install intact and in the process wind up taking WAAYY longer than if they'd have just nuked from the beginning. Save yourself some time/frustration and just go thru the pain in the ass of starting from from scratch. You don't have to destroy your current install, just make a 2ndary side install where you rename or backup your skyrim dir then reinstall from scratch. Install Mod Organizer (linked in my sig, much better than NMM), install the very basics body mods + HDT, make sure it all works, and then build up from there.

• "Jittering" is a known issue for 9-28 ONLY. If you're using a later version of HDT, this is no longer an issue. The problem occurs with ENBSeries. To fix, either add the lines in the 3.Setup or uninstall ENBSeries. Reread 3.Setup.
  • If you have no breast movement, make sure that you have put hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml in the /data/skse/plugins along side the plugin dll. Reread 3.Setup.
  • Crash to desktop? You must have a TBBP compatible skeleton. Without it, you will ctd, usually when disrobing, perhaps at other times depending on your install. Reread 3.Setup.
  • Crash to desktop with RaceMenu? Make sure you are using v2.15 or newer. Older versions of nioverride.dll will cause HDT to crash randomly.

5. Documentation
Please see the second post in this thread for documentation on various topics. This is a compilation of information and it is a Work In Progress. Please post to this thread any observerations that you make. It may help to the documentation.

6. Credits
Please do not pm anyone for support. Post in this thread where more than one person can see your question.

HydrogensaysHDT: Original author of the SKSE Plugin.

canderes: for working in the dev thread as mesh wizz.
Vioxsis: for the 9-20 setup tutorial and general support.

hdtPhysicsExtensions 9-28.7z

hdtPhysicsExtensions 09-28.7z

HDT Body Physics Customization and Documentation
Other documentation will be posted here as it is created.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Customizing the Physics of the Jiggiggle
Compilation of info about the XML file that accompanies the plugin and how to customize it to your tastes. Tutorial on hdt.monsto.com.

XML Notepad: for editing the XML file. Better for XML than any straight text editor.

If you figure out anything new about this file, please reply to this message in the thread (so I get notified) with the info.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Joy of Perspective
Enabling HDT Body Physics (thanks kharlynak and Vioxsis)

Full details in a tutorial on hdt.monsto.com

• Get and install The Joy of Perspective.
  • Install this skeleton.  (I downloaded the zip then manually added it to NMM and enabled it like normal).
  • Follow Vioxsis' directions for the body and all armor meshes (the first person versions) that you want to enable. That means 1 for the body and 1 for each outfit where you want the Joy of Perspective. (Yes, it's tedius).

On step 3, make sure you increment the NiNode's ExtraData count, and reference the ID of your StringExtraData in it. It should result in NiNode again being the only thing in the list, with StringExtraData under it (when you expand it).

Use the XML that comes with the latest HDT Body Physics. You can name it whatever you want, just make sure that it's named correctly in the path in your StringExtraData.

xp32 Mods
v2.0 (November 12 2013) Latest download Link

It is a work in progress. If you have problems, post in the thread.

HDTPhysX-Havok Ponytail Hair

A hair mod taking advantage of the framework provided by HDT Physics.

Physics Enabled Outfit

An outfit HDT Physics enabled on the fringes.

Gameplay videos

xp32 original video both hair and outfit.

A li'l HORSING around by Crowzer (Nov 6 version)

First dragon at western watchtower by Nshell

Breast Collision Setup Guide
Thanks Eu4orick (from this post)

You'll need:

Using nifscope picture tutorial via s666: http://www.loverslab...-body/?p=566933

Another way shorted explained here from ballsy::
"To elaborate, you'll need to open femalebody_0 and femalebody_1.nif in nifskope, right click the body, select block -> insert -> Nis... -> NiStringExtraData. Note that it is not NiStringsExtraData.

Right click NiStringExtraData on the block list, copy branch, right click on NiNode on select paste branch. Delete the original NiStringExtraData by right clicking -> block -> remove. Click on the new NiStringExtraData and use ctrl + up to shift it to the first line right after 0 NiNode.

Go to block details after clicking on NiStringExtraData and click on the txt icon of Name. Type in HDT Havok Path

Now go to block details line 4, String Data and click the txt icon. Enter the path where you installed ledo's xml.  (eg Data\SKSE\Plugins\hdt.xml)

Click Save As... in nifskope and replace the original femalebody nif file. Same stuff goes for armors.

2(a). A TBBP/BBP- compatible skeleton. (Kinda goes without saying, even though the TBBP/BPP mods may replace vanilla skeletons with their own skeletons, but some users forget to make sure they have this and getting CTD on load--body/skeleton compatibility issue, not a physics mod issue.)

FNIS is not required but it's optional, usually for custom animations (BBP or otherwise, as users just turn them off and on while setting the physics mod but don't realize)--I had the first and second versions working fine with and without executing FNIS (theoretically the questionable update one too--the "2013 07 16  update"--in respects to FNIS, but not when fast traveling due to that causing CTD).

Do note that results will vary from user to user based on hardware specs.

As I understand it, this mod add a true bone jiggle to breasts bones? Does other bones affect boob movements? Like if they touch them, they react on it?

I'm starting work on BBP animation pack, and if this HDT mod will become a musthave, then there is no point in creating BBP animations anymore =)

As I understand it, this mod add a true bone jiggle to breasts bones? Does other bones affect boob movements? Like if they touch them, they react on it?

I'm starting work on BBP animation pack, and if this HDT mod will become a musthave, then there is no point in creating BBP animations anymore =)

From what I've seen, the breast bones react to how the rest of the skeleton moves, but not per se react to other objects. This means that breasts may still clip through a colliding object, but, if the whole character is being flung away, they will jiggle a lot due to the skeleton moving. I can imagine that the breast bones do react to other objects once the character is in ragdoll mode(I.E. when Fus Roh Dah'd), but haven't tested this. I may be completely wrong tho, I dunno...x]

....  Your link to version 3, is the same file as version 2, the diff dates, is from when it was repacked by Clp2011

The actual version 3 link is in the op here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19150-hdt-physics-extensions-developer-preview-2013-07-16-update/  (have a look at the file sizes between the 2 and you'll see the difference)

Which isn't posted by    HydrogensaysHDT   hence half the conversation taking place in that thread.

HydrogensaysHDT  (the actual mod author) didn't even know about the post/thread here, and the 3dm thread is still on update 2.  So  we don't even really know if update 3 is even a legit file, since just about everybody who tries to use it, ctd's on load.

Maybe putting up a link to the authors thread on 3dm in the op, might be a good idea?  http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-3925940-1-1.html

The dll is using the havoc engine to calc out animations for more than just boobs and butt, I'd really suggest reading through both threads (the one on LL and 3dm).

If you watch the video on 3dm, you might notice that the clothes are animated the same way too >.>

There is a wip skeleton there (on 3dm) for those who want to try fiddling with clothes aswell.  Although, the Skel isn't finalized and is expecting changes in Hydrogens next update.

Well, this will be cool to use, when you don't need any "teasing" animations. But since a good erotic require boob teasing and touching... I think there should be some solution for this. For example, if an animator can add a tag into a file to disable HDT dynamics in some animations, or smth like it.

Actually, I think that the perfect dynamics mod for skyrim should work like this:

- Add cloth dynamics, using bones jiggle or real Havok cloth simulation

- Add boob dynamics on ragdoll

- Leave boob animation in animators' hands OR add the ability to disable HDT in some animations OR be able to multiply\add HDT animation to keyframe animation

The only problem we'll still have - transitions between boob animations, it is impossible to make them look natural without dynamics.

Thoughts?

Well, this will be cool to use, when you don't need any "teasing" animations. But since a good erotic require boob teasing and touching... I think there should be some solution for this. For example, if an animator can add a tag into a file to disable HDT dynamics in some animations, or smth like it.

Actually, I think that the perfect dynamics mod for skyrim should work like this:

- Add cloth dynamics, using bones jiggle or real Havok cloth simulation

- Add boob dynamics on ragdoll

- Leave boob animation in animators' hands OR add the ability to disable HDT in some animations OR be able to multiply\add HDT animation to keyframe animation

The only problem we'll still have - transitions between boob animations, it is impossible to make them look natural without dynamics.

Thoughts?

My initial thought is " why do you want to disable HDT dynamics ?"

New 3dm Pre-Alpha thread : http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-3939772-1-1.html

New dll file available : http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=4170803520&uk=2619899231

Sample garment : http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=4166734708&uk=2619899231

Installation is the same before, as far as I can tell.

Is this the true version 3 or do we know?

Unless it's marked somewhere as a specific version, I'll prob just call it v4 to save confusion. . . "no not the old v3 that was really just v2... this is the real v3"

Tried the new version and its causing some heavy disorder for males. Their Legarmormesh is somehow complete stiffen out. If he crouches or lays down his legarmor keep seperated from his legs.

You could say the legarmor keeps his standinganimation while the Character sitdown or crouches.

New 3dm Pre-Alpha thread : http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-3939772-1-1.html

New dll file available : http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=4170803520&uk=2619899231

Sample garment : http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=4166734708&uk=2619899231

Installation is the same before, as far as I can tell.

Is this the true version 3 or do we know?

Unless it's marked somewhere as a specific version, I'll prob just call it v4 to save confusion. . . "no not the old v3 that was really just v2... this is the real v3"

It is for sure a legit update; it was posted by HydrogensaysHDT, as to what version it actually is....  your guess is as good as mine.

My version list

11.07.2013 by HydrogensaysHDT @ 3DM; MD5: 61B3B7F70286028443115FE8568E22F9

13.07.2013 by HydrogensaysHDT @ 3DM; MD5: AB379991EC9A5B3C953C2317792AC2EE

16.07.2013 by unknown (LL only); MD5: B1CF2B918DA61FF661CFD99CF9D7CF5C

20.07.2013 by HydrogensaysHDT @ 3DM; MD5: 6174C5800A075BE40B22A0824512D707

Convient downloading everything^^ Also you see that the file from v3 on LL is not v2 on 3DM

My version list

Convient downloading everything^^ Also you see that the file from v3 on LL is not v2 on 3DM

An old link that was up pointed to v2, instead of the LL V3

My version list

v3 (16.07.2013) is the file I downloaded also yesterday and is the same version everyone had problems with, the MD5 is correct and is different from v2 on 3DM that was also up till yesterday on 3DM.

My version list

v3 (16.07.2013) is the file I downloaded also yesterday and is the same version everyone had problems with, the MD5 is correct and is different from v2 on 3DM that was also up till yesterday on 3DM.

If you want me to add an entry and link in the historical files, let me know what it should be.

My version list

If you want me to add an entry and link in the historical files, let me know what it should be.

Nah don't need to, just want to order the version chaos with the MD5s, they are something you can add so people know what the version is they have and what versions are from the author.^^

Edit: MD5s are always the dll not the archive!

the demo garment is throwing me off. 

It's just a nif and an .xml file... no texture, no skeleton. It's a chinese-style dress, long to the ankles, slit up the side from ankle to the waist. Without a texture, it's blue in-game. The body appears to be based on a regular cbbe or unp (i don't use either so I can't tell). Breasts move, dress doesn't.

I got this far by replacing the archmage robes in my outfit mod (ADEC Vanilla Collection). I put the .nif in the dir (\meshes\clothes\archmage\f\), delete the archmage, then named the china dress as the archmagerobes name. I then copied it to a _1 version.

Looking at the .nif, there's an entry for NiStringExtraData. It's a path that points to the xml file. I can't change the path tho.

Thoughts?

I noticed something else. . . 

I do most of my viewing using Review Studio, in studio4, which is a solid black room. Since it's completely devoid of anything, I get some 140fps or something. My normal FPS is ~30.

When changing to the blue room, studio3, I only get ~15fps because of the way the 2 rooms are designed. It's like studio3 doesn't have any occlusion going on and you can see the entire void... therefore framerate suffers.

BUT. . . and this is the point of the post:

With the slower framerate, came slower bouncing. anyone else see that?

Archived