[IDEA] Bandits having sex with each other, or raping victims

darkdill

When you enter bandit dens, they're always going on about "needing some skooma" or something like that. You'd think that every so often, you'd come across a scene where the bandits are in the middle of raping their captives or fucking each other just for a thrill.

Granted, this could be very hard to program the bandits to stop upon seeing you and attack, but it'd definitely be a good addition, IMO. There's no way that you and your followers should be the only ones getting raped by bandits or necromancers.

Is this in the works somewhere, or does anyone think they'd want to try their hand at it?

You have alot of ideas

you should look into modding

I don't know how to script, and meshwork is well outside my field. I feel I'm better as the "idea guy".

In other words, you don't feel like learning or reading up on the stuff, and you'd rather someone else do it?

Not trying to come off as a dick or anything, but LL has way too many "idea guys"  

You have alot of ideas

I don't know how to script, and meshwork is well outside my field. I feel I'm better as the "idea guy".

In other words, you don't feel like learning or reading up on the stuff, and you'd rather someone else do it?

Not trying to come off as a dick or anything, but LL has way too many "idea guys"  

There can never be enough "idea guys'. This world is built by ideas and while he might not be the one to make this mod, someone might find it interesting and pick it up. 

There can never be enough "idea guys'. This world is built by ideas and while he might not be the one to make this mod, someone might find it interesting and pick it up. 

Agreed. So long as the idea is not something repeated in the forums though, then at that point it would be clutter. this idea sounds new, interesting. perhaps those who'd make the best use out of this are those who are a natural dirtbag/scum in skyrim who have the confidence of other bandits and cut-throats. I can't imagine how further this would play along with any other kind of morally-alligned characters.

You have alot of ideas

Look, therte are a lot of people, hell, myself included ,where scripting and even modeling just flies over their heads, but they do have ideas.

There is a huge sticky called:

Mod Ideas & Plans - Discussion

This post would have been better merged with that thread since real modders are active and reading that topic. Rather then this one. They See just idea in front post and usually the modders will skip posts like this and result clutter.

No offense but if you put idea in front of your post people are tend to skip this, because there will usually be someone else involved in creating it rather then the topic maker.

You have alot of ideas

It's more like the people who know the stuff aren't willing to put in the effort to provide comprehensible tutorials, which perpetuates this massive learning gap as a barrier to getting into modding in the first place.

You have alot of ideas

It's more like the people who know the stuff aren't willing to put in the effort to provide comprehensible tutorials, which perpetuates this massive learning gap as a barrier to getting into modding in the first place.

Did you even bother to check before complaining on a lack of information available ?

You have alot of ideas

Did you even bother to check before complaining on a lack of information available ?

I have. Most of what I am interested in learning is not available or locked away behind an elaborate signup process involving money, what scraps of free tutorials that remain available is scattered, disorganized, difficult to find, and use excessive jargon making it impossible to piece together anything useful for modding for the absolute beginner modder. Messages I send to modders politely asking for tips and advice go on unanswered or receive a rude patronizing reply to go bother someone else. Then again that was on the Nexus and that type of arrogance is probably unique to their culture. Bethesda did a better job with the Youtube tutorials involving the CK because they understood that there might be people completely new to modding, this structure is missing in the modding community.

If there wasn't such a damn monopoly on modding skills by the very few, we would have had things like SexLab and armor mods done years earlier with more variety by more people. I would have loved to make armor mods of my own and share it with the community, but I can't because I spent too much time on Google searching up on how to do something in Blender or 3Dmax only to get lost in the end. It isn't like I don't know how to do research before either, I've basically self learned how to sketch and use Photoshop to illustrate many years earlier and got reasonably adept at it.

Now I'm getting all frustrated again because this discussion reminds me of all the time I've tried to help myself learn and to ask for help, and in the end getting nowhere.... :I

If you will look at the whole of the SexAddicts threads (there are more than one since the mod is or was very popular) and the threads for Sanguine's Debauchery and the thread for SexLab you can easily see that Ashal, Jbezorg and myself have no problem with helping people who want to make their own variations on our mods or who have questions. And I'm not bragging on just the three of us, this is the way it works on LL for the most part.

I have answered private messages though I much prefer to keep things in the open where everyone can see and benefit.

The culture here at LL is much more open.

If you will look at the whole of the SexAddicts threads (there are more than one since the mod is or was very popular) and the threads for Sanguine's Debauchery and the thread for SexLab you can easily see that Ashal, Jbezorg and myself have no problem with helping people who want to make their own variations on our mods or who have questions. And I'm not bragging on just the three of us, this is the way it works on LL for the most part.

I have answered private messages though I much prefer to keep things in the open where everyone can see and benefit.

This is very true and one of the reasons I like LL. Here the modders work together to make everyone's project come to realization, because at the end of the night everyone benefits from it. Unlike some modders from other pages who are in it for some sort of internet fame I guess.

This is very true and one of the reasons I like LL. Here the modders work together to make everyone's project come to realization, because at the end of the night everyone benefits from it. Unlike some modders from other pages who are in it for some sort of internet fame I guess.

An excellent example is going on in the Defeat thread right now. You'd think the two authors would be hoarding their hard earned skills since their mods occupy the same space. But no, they're sharing tips and ideas.

An excellent example is going on in the Defeat thread right now. You'd think the two authors would be hoarding their hard earned skills since their mods occupy the same space. But no, they're sharing tips and ideas.

Thank you for helping make my point. LL isn't the only good place, the Arrow And Knee team seems to be working well together and creating great stuff (which we use here :)) too. They've just made some revolutionary work on real physics for bodies and are planning to extend that work to hair next (think pigtails that flop around instead of lifeless stiffness (and yes, they've shared their work in progress here).

Although, in general creating mods takes a decent amount of time and effort from peoples free time. Thus the people who make mods are making things they want to see in the game. So, its always possible an idea might be of interest to one modder or another but unless a modder thinks the idea is cool enough for them to spend their free time on it, my experience is they probably aren't going to make it (I'm not refering specificaly to LL mods and modders ... I mean in the modding community in general). Even if a modder makes a mod from someones idea, its going to be how the modder envisioned the idea ... more of an inspired by than actually fullfilling someone's request. So, if you have an idea and you want to see it happen how you envision it ... your more likely to see it happen if you figure out how to make it yourself. That said, ideas are great and do occasionally lead to some good mods. (Isn't SexLab Solutions an example of this?)

Does anyone know of any good tutorials on learning how to make wilderness encounters? This idea thread has inspired me to try to make a wilderness encounter with bandits raping someone, but I've been having trouble finding tutorials or guides on how to make wilderness encounters ... tutorials on general stuff like quests, dialogues, making npcs ... yes ... but specifically working with wilderness encounters - no. Thanks.

Personnally, I learned how to mod by myself and studying codes from other mods, of course what I'm doing isn't perfect or maybe good but it had takes me like a week or so and not at full time to begin to do stuff who works, it's a matter of testing things you add in a script, the creation kit wiki is a lot of help for this, if you wait for a tutorial to do just one exact thing then you're wrong, there is everything you need on the wiki, at least for scripting, for creating armors/animations etc it is not the same thing.

Then you begin to be more and more confident every time you find a new thing to add in your mod.

You just need to try. ^^

Anyway, I don't see why it's wrong for people to propose their ideas, I love to read good ideas. :)

• 4 months later...

There are thousands of 'idea guys' for everyone willing to pick up a hammer and do the job. Ideas are a dime a dozen. People willing to put in the time and effort are a rare commodity.

You have alot of ideas

• 2 weeks later...

I often get tired of this whole idea that seems to be going around that "you have an idea? Well too bad so sad. Either do it the fuck yourself or STFU."

It stems from the idealistic delusion that people can just "learn anything they want if they spend enough time on it, and that people who don't are just plain lazy." Truth is, most people just aren't that naturally talented. Modding is not an easy thing to do (despite how easy people make it look like it), it requires a lot of learning and a lot of time,  it clicks for some people and for most others it just doesn't. And even then, only certain parts ever click for people.

Like for me, I can never script very much no matter how hard I try, and I can certainly never 3d model or texture or any of that good stuff. I would really like to, and I've tried, but it just goes way over my head. It's just way beyond my comprehension. Does that automatically mean my ideas are absolute crap just because I don't have the mental capacity to mod them myself.

There will always be the intellectual few which have greater learning capacity for this sort of thing, and more that simply don't get it and will never get it.

And that's not taking into account that a lot of people (myself included) have mental disorders like ADHD, various learning disorders, etc. That prevent us from ever "Getting it".

I would say that I learned how to do 80-90% of everything I've done in my mod, which has a fair amount of scripting, via http://www.creationkit.com/ , which houses massive amounts of samples for almost every conceivable papyrus functions, including the SKSE ones.  Even to this day, after several months of experience under my belt, I still refer to it whenever I actively work on my mod.  To say there aren't indepth tutorials is very disingenuous, although admittedly a rookie might not know where to start.

The rest of it came from random google searches, pestering Ashal, and such.

It's really just a matter of opening the CK and putting in the time, starting with something small and working your way to something complex.

The problem I tend to see with people that are solely "idea guys" is, without any working knowledge of how things are actually done via scripting and such, they will pull ideas out of their ass all day long without any appreciation of actually HOW to get something implemented, nor how long idea implementation takes compared to idea generation.

It isn't to say that ideas can't be useful, but quite frankly, ideas are cheap, and when they exist in a vacuum, are often worthless, because if you aren't able or willing to do it yourself, you are essentially asking some random dude on the internet to do it for the lulz in their spare time.

All that said, as to the actual topic, I believe there are a few mods that have NPC's randomly engage in sex with each other that should already handle what is being asked.

Edit: http://www.creationkit.com/ is a wonderful resource for papyrus scripting.  If it's animating/modeling/etc that is trying to be learned, well, then yes, I can feel for you there!

Again, it runs on the (false) assumption that anyone grasp anything "if they spend enough time on it" which is false. I've tried and I've failed, and come to terms with that.  Linking to a website is completely useless if you don't have the mental capacity or natural gifts to comprehend it.

Admittedly it doesn't help any that we live in a society where we are pre-programmed from birth to be reliant idiots.  We are not really taught how to learn or how to be self reliant. We are taught to regurgitate facts given to us from an authority or "expert". We are taught that the experts know better, and that we should never question or attempt to really think for ourselves or do things ourselves because it will just wind up in failure no matter how hard you try. We are taught that the best way to solve a problem isn't "learn to do it yourself" because that will cut into the profit motive of those providing that service result in you fucking things up even worse, but rather "throw money at someone who does know how to do it. If you do it yourself you'll just screw it up even worse." And since we can't really do that here (lollegalreasons) we do the next "best" thing: "pray" to the "people that know better" and wait and hope someone takes notice.

aaaaand I've brought socio-politics into it haven't I? No matter.

Time to go back to being an idiot and hating on myself for not being better.

Archived