Count to 1,000,000

2 hours ago, CPU said:

I spent 8428 seconds to find out how to do this trick.

... and It took me far less than 8433 clicks with my ? to uncover the same secret... once you had it :classic_wink:

Spoiler

<span style="color:#000000;"><strong><span style="font-size:22px; background: linear-gradient(270deg, #9738e4, #1adbdd, #ff3a00);">8428</span></strong></span>

?

2 hours ago, Psalam said:

And now I've stuck my foot in my mouth on LL more than 8434 times. ?

? Careful with that animation though. You have a SLAL package for that?

Rember that there is a limit in FNIS, that it can only cope with 8435 foot-mouth animations. Above that you need the XXL version.

Spoiler
50 minutes ago, worik said:

? Careful with that animation though. You have a SLAL package for that?

Rember that there is a limit in FNIS, that it can only cope with 8435 foot-mouth animations. Above that you need the XXL version.

You probably wouldn't believe the number of people who have given me all sorts of numbers for limits for FNIS. From 8436 to 10k (should I be careful about using the "k" or is that only on German threads) to 14k. Of course everyone seems to be up for XXL now. It reminds me of an old Eminem song (Marshall Mathers - funny I can't find a YouTube video). ?

Spoiler
10 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

that makes me curious, how would you say short for 1000?

oops, nearly forgot the lottery number of the day: 8437

Well, since you asked (I wasn't going to bring it up) and since you already posted on this thread (just not recently) you may want to go back and review the last page of it:

With absolutely no offense intended I must say that it gave me 8438 chuckles. For non-German speakers, take your Google translate with you!

Spoiler
Just now, worik said:

Thanks to the devines, the text boxes are big enouh. At least 8441 characters should work fine, I guess. ?

I'm not as sanguine as you are about that! I understand that many extinct languages had as many as 8442 ideograms. Ancient Greek used 7 different words for love. Some discussions should just be done in German, or maybe Serbo-Croatian. ?

Sometimes, wordings are specific in their meaning to a cultural interpretation and get completely lost, if you are not aware of them.

4 hours ago, Psalam said:

And now I've stuck my foot in my mouth on LL more than 8434 times. ?

Thanks to the devines my search found 8444 sites to explain me that. :classic_happy: Important things that schools obviously don't teach :classic_wacko:

Spoiler
14 minutes ago, worik said:

Sometimes, wordings are specific in their meaning to a cultural interpretation and get completely lost, if you are not aware of them.

Thanks to the devines my search found 8444 sites to explain me that. :classic_happy: Important things that schools obviously don't teach :classic_wacko:

I think that the English word for which you are looking is "idiom."

Spoiler
10 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

After I found 8445 pictures like that:

Reveal hidden contents

spanish_lesbian_foot_sex-4_tmb.jpg.30ceed1a49d742da06d0af58cd5574ff.jpg

I totaly agree with you!!!

And I think that the English word YOU are looking for in reference to my faux pas is "idiot." Once again 8446 apologies with deep, abject contrition!

21 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

After I found 8445 pictures like that:

I had a short trip through space to the attic and a trip through time into the pile of the 8447 remnants and mementos of my school time.

But, NO! It appears that schools don't mind that pupils leave with gaps in their profund knowledge.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, worik said:

I had a short trip through space to the attic and a trip through time into the pile of the 8447 remnants and mementos of my school time.

But, NO! It appears that schools don't mind that pupils leave with gaps in their profund knowledge.

I always understood (in USA anyway) that the only thing profound was the lack of financing. I expect that here they would be perfectly happy to "educate" children on the meager sum of $84.48 per pupil per year. That might be just a little exaggerated (just a wee little bunny).

Spoiler
13 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

8449 idiotic idioms later ?:

my top findings:

> To have Van Gogh’s ear for music

> Method to my madness

> Att glida in på en räkmacka

> just a wee little bunny

Of course I was raised with the English language idioms, so they seem right and natural to me. Even if you did 8450  of them you would scarcely scratch the surface. But a shrimp pack? Really?

13 hours ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Of course I was raised with the English language idioms, so they seem right and natural to me. Even if you did 8450  of them you would scarcely scratch the surface. But a shrimp pack? Really?

I was suprised how many Idioms are the same in english/german

Some german Idioms where totaly unkown to me. Using those would give you a lot of attention, but maybe not the ones you were going for ^^

Like in this sketch I just can't get enough of it even after watching it 8451 times:

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Psalam said:

But a shrimp pack? Really?

8453 people had that happen to them last summer. So it can be considered a relevant part of life.

ssshhhhhhhh :classic_ph34r:

Spoiler

you did 8550  of them 8450

8551 8451

Spoiler

If we make mistakes, we could wake the dragons ?

6 minutes ago, worik said:

8453 people had that happen to them last summer. So it can be considered a relevant part of life.

ssshhhhhhhh :classic_ph34r:

Hide contents

you did 8550  of them 8450

8551 8451

Hide contents

If we make mistakes, we could wake the dragons ?

AHH! not the dragons, NOT THE DRAGONS ! ?

I'm sorry, if I see 8454 shrimp packs so all alone on the street, I just can't help myself and become greedy. ?

14 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

I just can't help myself and become greedy.

I had a look in my purse, but it only holds 84 septims, plus 55 that I "found" somewhere. How many shrimps could I get at the harbour?

58 minutes ago, worik said:

I had a look in my purse, but it only holds 84 septims, plus 55 that I "found" somewhere. How many shrimps could I get at the harbour?

Not sure why, but your question makes me wonder if Argonians could lay 8456? eggs during their lifetime.

Must have something to do with the septims-harbour-argonians-shrimps connection ?