Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Crash when entering Volkihar Keep

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

darkshot64

darkshot64

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Every time I try to enter Volkihar Keep, my game crashes, it has not always been like this. As far as I know BOSS told me everything was fine with my load order. But there is probably something I'm missing. I've tried uninstalling recent mods but I can't figure it out.

Spoiler

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

srayesmanll

srayesmanll

Shining, Flying Purple Wolfhounds

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Are you sure about BOSS?  I noticed that the USKP (unofficial Skyrim Patch) is about 3/4 of the way down the load order, but BOSS normally puts it just under the ESMs.  The official HighResTexturePacks are also usually much higher in the load order, I believe just under the ESM but before USKP (or just after them).  Also, Pack 1 is greatly separated from Pack 2 & 3.  Don't see anything off-hand that would directly cause a CTD, but I do notice that you don't have the USKP for Dawngard along with the regular USKP.  Maybe add that in and see if that stops it.  But again, I know you say that BOSS says the load order is fine, but that load order just looks wrong...

I'm at work so I can't post my current load order, but here is a recent one I posted on another thread and you can see where BOSS placed the mods on mine:

Spoiler

darkshot64

darkshot64

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Well I changes some stuff around and installed the USKP for dawnguard. Still got the crash though... Maybe my load order is still wrong?

Spoiler

Zquad1

Zquad1

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Try this use BOSS then start your Skyrim Launcher then once all your Mods from Steam Have finished updating gointo your Data Files  in your Launcher & Move all your Skyrim Patches to the top like this:

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1

HighResTexturePack01.esp=1
HighResTexturePack02.esp=1
HighResTexturePack03.esp=1

Try that & see what it does...

darkshot64

darkshot64

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Actually I managed to figure out what it was. It was SOS for some reason. Anyway I did a clean install and I can get inside. Thanks for the help everybody.