SexLab Framework Development

Ah, ok. It was the sample code where it said:

// ; (optional) Add any tags you think are necessary	
        Anim.AddTag("Foreplay")	
        Anim.AddTag("LeadIn")
... which confused me. So why add the tags if not to search using them?

For other uses of the tags I guess - doesn't Apropos read them when the animations play?

I was thinking (I don't know if it's ever been asked before)..

it would be possible in future SexLab versions to have an MCM option to sweating?

(as in Estrus for Skyrim for example)

even in advanced sex-stages perhaps (3 - 4 - and orgasm).

maybe using this specular map

(users do it yourself according to the proper body-mesh)

..just an idea.

I wrote a little script for my own amusement: in my warehouse cell I have a a naked altmer digging perpetually at a stretch of wall. So I thought I'd add sexlab options, just for the exercise.

Well, the sex part works fine. Afterwards though, the miner doesn't return to her mining. She just stands there, idle.

I tried getting her to re-evaluate her package, but that doesn't make any difference. The package was defined on the actor directly (I was only doing it to see how mining markers worked) if that has any bearing.

I know that most sex scenes don't interrupt AI, so I'm guessing I'm missing something basic. Anyone know what it might be?

(Did a search btw: lots of refs to actors standing around before sex, none about after sex)

I wrote a little script for my own amusement: in my warehouse cell I have a a naked altmer digging perpetually at a stretch of wall. So I thought I'd add sexlab options, just for the exercise.

Well, the sex part works fine. Afterwards though, the miner doesn't return to her mining. She just stands there, idle.

I tried getting her to re-evaluate her package, but that doesn't make any difference. The package was defined on the actor directly (I was only doing it to see how mining markers worked) if that has any bearing.

I know that most sex scenes don't interrupt AI, so I'm guessing I'm missing something basic. Anyone know what it might be?

(Did a search btw: lots of refs to actors standing around before sex, none about after sex)

Not really SexLab related and I'm not overly familiar with the modding outside of the scripting. I'll make some semi-educated guesses though if it helps.

If it's package related, look at the conditions for that package, SexLab may have altered their validity for those conditions and they need to be reset further in some way to make them select the package again? Maybe calling Reset() on the actor will help push them back to the state of using that package?

Ignoring packages; have you tried just telling them to start mining manually using MiningMarker.Activate(ActorRef)? Don't think it'd keep them mining forever like the package might, but it might help get them started to reselect the package afterwards, or at the very least hide the issue.

Another thought is you may be trying to make them evaluate their package to early after sex. There is a window of time after the AnimationEnd hook is sent by SexLab that the actors are still slotted into SexLab's aliases and in the process of resetting, so your call to evaluate package may be resolving to SexLab's DoNothing package still. 

If it's package related, look at the conditions for that package, SexLab may have altered their validity for those conditions and they need to be reset further in some way to make them select the package again? Maybe calling Reset() on the actor will help push them back to the state of using that package?

There aren't any conditions; she just mines 24/7 :) I had some ninny on Beth forums that wouldn't believe me when I told him how to set up a mining package. Eventually I got annoyed enough that I did it myself just to make sure I wasn't imagining things.

Ignoring packages; have you tried just telling them to start mining manually using MiningMarker.Activate(ActorRef)? Don't think it'd keep them mining forever like the package might, but it might help get them started to reselect the package afterwards, or at the very least hide the issue.

I wasn't worried about the miner as such. I just wanted to understand why it was happening so if it crops up in a different circumstance I'll know what to do. That said, activating it (or the equivalent) would work

Another thought is you may be trying to make them evaluate their package to early after sex. There is a window of time after the AnimationEnd hook is sent by SexLab that the actors are still slotted into SexLab's aliases and in the process of resetting, so your call to evaluate package may be resolving to SexLab's DoNothing package still.

That's probably it then. I tried getting her current package using the console and got a -1 and nothing else, but that could be how DoNothing reports itself. I wouldn't have worried but that she seemed to be taking a long time recovering. Probably just papyrus taking its time.

OK, thanks for that. That's a lot clearer now.

[edit]

That said, I just left her in her post sex for half an hour and she was still idle when I got back. It looks as if she keeps starting to mine, and then stopping again. Could there be some reason why those aliases weren't clearing at all?

This is what I'm doing:

function bj(actor slave)
        pron(slave, "AP Skull Fuck")
endfunction

function bonk(actor slave)
        pron(slave, "Rough Missionary")
endfunction

function ream(actor slave)
        pron(slave, "Rough Doggy Style")
endfunction

function pron(actor slave, string name)
        if slab == none
                slab = SexLabUtil.getApi()
        endif

sslBaseAnimation[] animations = new sslBaseAnimation[1]
        animations[0] = slab.GetAnimationByName(name)
        if animations[0] == none
                debug.messagebox("whoops - name '"+name+"' not recognised")
                return
        endif

Actor[] sexActors = new Actor[2]
        sexActors[0] = slave
        sexActors[1] = pc

int id = slab.StartSex(sexActors, animations, victim = slave)
endfunction

There aren't any conditions; she just mines 24/7 :) I had some ninny on Beth forums that wouldn't believe me when I told him how to set up a mining package. Eventually I got annoyed enough that I did it myself just to make sure I wasn't imagining things.

I wasn't worried about the miner as such. I just wanted to understand why it was happening so if it crops up in a different circumstance I'll know what to do. That said, activating it (or the equivalent) would work

That's probably it then. I tried getting her current package using the console and got a -1 and nothing else, but that could be how DoNothing reports itself. I wouldn't have worried but that she seemed to be taking a long time recovering. Probably just papyrus taking its time.

OK, thanks for that. That's a lot clearer now.

[edit]

That said, I just left her in her post sex for half an hour and she was still idle when I got back. It looks as if she keeps starting to mine, and then stopping again. Could there be some reason why those aliases weren't clearing at all?

This is what I'm doing:

function bj(actor slave)
        pron(slave, "AP Skull Fuck")
endfunction

function bonk(actor slave)
        pron(slave, "Rough Missionary")
endfunction

function ream(actor slave)
        pron(slave, "Rough Doggy Style")
endfunction

function pron(actor slave, string name)
        if slab == none
                slab = SexLabUtil.getApi()
        endif

sslBaseAnimation[] animations = new sslBaseAnimation[1]
        animations[0] = slab.GetAnimationByName(name)
        if animations[0] == none
                debug.messagebox("whoops - name '"+name+"' not recognised")
                return
        endif

Actor[] sexActors = new Actor[2]
        sexActors[0] = slave
        sexActors[1] = pc

int id = slab.StartSex(sexActors, animations, victim = slave)
endfunction

I'm getting a report that guards don't go back to work after sex, instead they just stand around, I wonder if it is related?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/31111-slaverun-20140714-enforcer-v5/?p=898777

I'm getting a report that guards don't go back to work after sex, instead they just stand around, I wonder if it is related?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/31111-slaverun-20140714-enforcer-v5/?p=898777

mmm... now that I think on it, I've noticed it in a few cases.

Funny thing is, I have another long term package user with a similar sex script in the same cell, and she tends to resume her package pretty promptly. I'll have a look and see what I'm doing differently.

umm... actually, I haven't upgraded yet. Which I probably ought to do if I'm reporting bugs.

Although this did start more as a what-am-I-doing-wrong than a bug report.

If it helps, the mining animation uses a sit package and a linkref. The one that recovers properly uses default master package and a link ref. I wonder what happens if I trigger the marker with default master. Back in a mo'

Well, if I used the default master package, she resumes mining again. So that's that explained. My package stack clearly needs something to make it re-do the top package. I thought it would do that anyway, but clearly not.

Doesn't help for the whiterun guards, but it certainly doesn't look like a SexLab problem.

@ashal: you OK with me asking all these questions? I don't want to be a pest.

[edit]

@Srende: yeah, that was my assumption too. Doesn't seem to always be the case though.

It might just be that Skyrim doesn't like certain packages being interrupted and doesn't know how to handle it.

Did you ever notice these things before 1.59? Or only afterward?

I may be something long term and not new. Is there a way past the logic to clear the "Do nothing" package? Could we just be seeing a package not being cleared even though the quest alias has been released?

Edit: I may have to stop playing the game long enough to research this possibility.

Tested the latest version, and the resizing of creatures seems to be fixed.

THANK YOU!!

:D

I literally have not touched a single thing related to creatures since v1.57, where the only change to creatures was the addition of more creature animations. Welcome to confirmation bias.

Tested the latest version, and the resizing of creatures seems to be fixed.

THANK YOU!!

:D

I literally have not touched a single thing related to creatures since v1.57, where the only change to creatures was the addition of more creature animations. Welcome to confirmation bias.

Fascinating........Not sure what happened, but the charus doesn't double in size anymore.

......I'll check the giant spider as soon as I can to see if it shrinks.

Just an interesting idea, have the sexual stats of the player determine what sex animations can play and for how long the act lasts, for example a virgin will likely shoot off right after penetration, leaving the partners rather unimpressed, as the player progresses, more animations unlock.

Also I don't know if sexlab does this, but if it tracks the number of times a player has sex with a certain npc the animations would change as well, a first time could be rather tense, while afterwords things would get rather more relaxed and intimate as both parties progress.(Get to know each other and what not) This would only apply to named NPCs (Example: Ysolda)

Just an interesting idea, have the sexual stats of the player determine what sex animations can play and for how long the act lasts, for example a virgin will likely shoot off right after penetration, leaving the partners rather unimpressed, as the player progresses, more animations unlock.

Also I don't know if sexlab does this, but if it tracks the number of times a player has sex with a certain npc the animations would change as well, a first time could be rather tense, while afterwords things would get rather more relaxed and intimate as both parties progress.(Get to know each other and what not) This would only apply to named NPCs (Example: Ysolda)

Lover's Hook does the first, though it's not been updated since the start of the year.

Im going to state my experiences here with facial animations, lip sync, and jittery mouth problems so that maybe someone else that knows more than me can make something of it and lead to better development.

i recently updated to 1.59, before that i was using 1.39b.  When using 1.39b i never noticed much of a problem with facial animations, lip sync, or jittery mouth like others were complaining of.  Either i didnt have that problem or it wasnt bad enough to be noticable.  I had tried some different facial animation mods and mouth and teeth and stuff, i dont know if some files from those could possibly be fixing or masking the problems.

After updating to 1.59, there are options for facial animations and lip sync.  Lips dont sync during sex at all now for me wether face animations are on or off.  And the face animations are wierd when turned on, with the mouth always wide open.  i also noticed after and while using gags from zaz on npcs, extremely noticable jittery mouth was going on while npc spoke.

I tried to think what had changed, so i installed female facial animations and the old mfg console.  lips still dont sync during sex and the face animations still have the mouth wide open, but when zaz gags are equipped on npc, the mouth jitteryness is almost gone.  Its probably how it was when i had 1.39b and i just didnt notice it.  The mouth is more blurry than jittery, like there is 2 mouths. (I guess it was like 2 mouths before too, just more jitter) I can remove the gag on npc and then select the npc and type mfg reset, and the blurry/jittery mouth stops when npc is talking.  Possibly zaz tried to add mfg expressions to gags in his latest update. o.0

I was thinking im not sure what the problem was with animations before FNIS, but maybe, if its the same, that approach could be taken with mfg and lip sync.  Im not much of a modder so i dont understand why you can have facial expressions and lip sync when npc is talking to u, but not when having sex. lol.  but theres bound to be a way.

I hope this helps somebody figure something out, because personally i was happier with 1.39b facial animations and lip sync.  Im going to put the files from 1.59 back in since i dont know what problems it will cause.

... I have a question, can you import the animation settings from other people? because I had to modified all the animations... then I updated and all my work was for nothing... does anyone have modified all the animations? or that person can share his settings?

... I have a question, can you import the animation settings from other people? because I had to modified all the animations... then I updated and all my work was for nothing... does anyone have modified all the animations? or that person can share his settings?

You can use the same profile files from anybody using 1.59, the files in Data/SKSE/plugins/SexLab/, whether or not they work as well for you as they work for the author is entirely up to your race, body mesh, skeleton, their race vs global setting, or you and the author

Im going to state my experiences here with facial animations, lip sync, and jittery mouth problems so that maybe someone else that knows more than me can make something of it and lead to better development.

i recently updated to 1.59, before that i was using 1.39b.  When using 1.39b i never noticed much of a problem with facial animations, lip sync, or jittery mouth like others were complaining of.  Either i didnt have that problem or it wasnt bad enough to be noticable.  I had tried some different facial animation mods and mouth and teeth and stuff, i dont know if some files from those could possibly be fixing or masking the problems.

After updating to 1.59, there are options for facial animations and lip sync.  Lips dont sync during sex at all now for me wether face animations are on or off.  And the face animations are wierd when turned on, with the mouth always wide open.  i also noticed after and while using gags from zaz on npcs, extremely noticable jittery mouth was going on while npc spoke.

I tried to think what had changed, so i installed female facial animations and the old mfg console.  lips still dont sync during sex and the face animations still have the mouth wide open, but when zaz gags are equipped on npc, the mouth jitteryness is almost gone.  Its probably how it was when i had 1.39b and i just didnt notice it.  The mouth is more blurry than jittery, like there is 2 mouths. (I guess it was like 2 mouths before too, just more jitter) I can remove the gag on npc and then select the npc and type mfg reset, and the blurry/jittery mouth stops when npc is talking.  Possibly zaz tried to add mfg expressions to gags in his latest update. o.0

I was thinking im not sure what the problem was with animations before FNIS, but maybe, if its the same, that approach could be taken with mfg and lip sync.  Im not much of a modder so i dont understand why you can have facial expressions and lip sync when npc is talking to u, but not when having sex. lol.  but theres bound to be a way.

I hope this helps somebody figure something out, because personally i was happier with 1.39b facial animations and lip sync.  Im going to put the files from 1.59 back in since i dont know what problems it will cause.

Amazing, you actually got Lip Syncs to work? I had very much the same problems with Facial expressions when I updated to 1.58b, till I unnistalled Sexlab, disabled all Sexlab mods, loaded up sexless Skyrim, did a Manual Save then exited. Used a Save game script cleaner

Save game script cleaner at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community, this one, to clean my "sexless Save". Installed the new Sexlab, ran FNIS, Fired up Skyrim, waited for MCM to update then did a clean & rebuild. Lost my stats in Sex journal but got my "Normal" expressions back. I can only guess that some orphan scripts were causing my expressions to go Wacko. That was with a 1.57 to 1.58b upgrade, with 1.59 using a script cleaner isn't just recomended, but crucial.

You said 1.39 ? Version 1.39 only needed FNIS 5.02, Sexleb 1.58 & later requires FNIS 5.11 & SKSE 1.71 .