SexLab Framework Development

Skyrim SexLab Development Updates

Version In Progress

???

Target Release Date

???

---- v1.62 Planning & Experimentation ---------

The listed features are the target for NEW features to the next release and does not include any bug fixes that will also come with the update.

Key: (finished) / (in progress) / (canceled) / (planned)

• Taking a god damned break

---- Helping Test -------------------

I GREATLY appreciate anybody willing to help test the beta version of SexLab and can provide feedback and/or suggestions related to the update. I may not reply to your feedback or bug report, but I promise you I do read and consider it.

There is a development beta build of SexLab available via a Git repository at http://git.loverslab.com/sexlab/framework/tree/development

I always keep this repository up to date with my latest updates once I consider them "safe" or "done" for general consumption. This does not mean however that they are 100% ready for release, and you shouldn't not expect it to be bug free if you choose to use this version of SexLab.

If you wish to help but are unfamiliar with how to use Git. There are many guides available online that should help you figure it out, and I will try to provide a more indepth one later once I get the change, but for now here is a quick run down on getting the development build of SexLab running.

Installing the development build:

• Download and install msysGit from https://code.google.com/p/msysgit/
  • Download and install TortiseGit from https://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/
  • Create a new folder somewhere outside your Skyrim's Data folder that you want to create the repository in.
    • If using Mod Organizer (which you should) create the folder inside the your /ModOrganizer/mods/ for easiest install.
  • Right click in the folder and you should have a new option for "Git Clone..." 
  • In the window that pops up, enter the following URL:
    http://git.loverslab.com/sexlab/framework.git
  • Check and make sure the Directory option is correct, it should add "sexlab" onto it which is good, unless you made one manually in which case it's redundant.
  • Click "OK" and it will begin downloading the current repository.
  • Once finished, open the folder and you should have all the SexLab Framework files in the folder. 
  • Right click inside the folder and navigate to TortoiseGit ->  Switch/Checkout...
  • From the window that comes up, select "remotes/origin/development" for branch, and click OK.
  • If no errors come up in the results window, you have successfully copied the most up to date development version.
  • To install it into a noraml Skyrim install, copy paste the files in the folder, ignoring the hidden .git folder if visible, into your data folder
    • If you installed it into Mod Organizer's mod folder, you can just enable the the framework and it's esm from Mod Organizer.

Updating your development build:

• Navigate to the folder you cloned the repository at, right click it, and select TortoiseGit -> Pull
  • In the window the pops up, select "Origin" as your remote, and "Development"  as the Remote Branch. 
  • Click "OK"

I will keep this thread up to date with my progress on up dates and welcome other's to also post their experiences or thoughts on the new updates.

However this is not a thread for bug reports or technical support on the current version of SexLab; this thread if for things related to the current development and nothing else.

New development build uploaded

Completed:

• Implement pre consensual sex stripping animation actors will play while stripping armor/clothes before animation. 
    • ​Currently does not restrict when animation played. Will later add a check to disable it for aggressive animations, and a MCM option to disable entirely. 
  • Rotate scene hotkey
    • Rotates the actors in their current position by 45 degrees each press
    • Will not save to the animation and be consistent across animation sequences

In progress right now:

• Pre consensual sex foreplay stage
  • A SFX set to better go with foreplay animations

Completed:

• Pre-consensual sex foreplay stage:
    • ​MCM option to disable, defaults enabled
    • Only plays during before non victim/aggressor animations
    • Has own shorter stage timer options in MCM, defaults ~10 seconds per stage
    • Has own strip settings in MCM
    • Actors will strip further down to their normal strip settings upon foreplay completion before continuing to sexual animations
    • MCM pages & options have been shifted around to accommodate new related options
    • The playing of the undress animation between foreplay and sex while stripping is a little wonky, needs tweaking.
  • ​Added PickThread(claim=false) function to SexLabFramework script
    • ​Returns index of first available slot if claim = false, claims the slot so nothing else can use it if true.

In progress after I watch new episodes of Dexter & Hunter x Hunter:

• MCM Menu translation file
  • At least one or two new male voice sets
    • Suggestions/tips for where to find good male voice moans that don't use any words are greatly appreciated.

Just tried it out with the last Version (a6a621df095 – Individual stripping ....). Had to restat Skyrim once because some of the MCM Options where Blank Pages, after the Secont start everything worked.

• Rotating Hotkey workes fine, nice option btw.
  • Foreplay workes, i rellay like it Thanks ! It lookes a bit wonky as you wrote, the "beeming" of the actors is strage but i think there is no other way to it.
  • At the first Animation after the Foreplay the Male NPC stands sill (like when you dont run FNIS), while the Female moves. I have change the Animation once to get him moving.
  • Lip Sync for moaning works , Yeee!!

No Errors/CTD so far, the Stagetimers seems way shorter ingame than they should be. The alignment of some Animations is more Off, but sometimes only for 1 Stage.

Would it be possible for Mods to Deactivate the Foreplay ? For something like WorkingGirl it would not fit and i dont want to got to the MCM options everytime.

Would it be possible for Mods to Deactivate the Foreplay ? For something like WorkingGirl it would not fit and i dont want to got to the MCM options everytime.

Right now it's set to be up to the player and whether or not they have it enabled. 

For giving modders control over it happening or not, there's a couple options I'm considering, each with a pro and con.

Add a bool useForeplay option to the StartSex() API call.

Pro: Simple and quick for both me and modders

Con: Adding a new argument to StartSex means every mod for SexLab will HAVE to be recompiled with the newest version in order to work. Which means many mods breaking at release, and some potentially never being fixed due to author's having moved one

Add a full set of new API functions aimed at giving a modder complete control over how a scene is constructed before it begins.

Pro: Gives more control to the modder in terms of being able to setup an animation without relying on hooks after the animation has already started, including foreplay, timers, actors, animations, etc, etc.

Con: A lot more work, for both me and SexLab modders who wish to have such control over a scene. For the modders it means a good deal more complication in scripting for starting an animation with specific settings such as disabling/enabling the foreplay stuff, as opposed to just using a simple StartSex() function call.

I'm leaning towards the latter; I'm not a fan of breaking something modders are already used to using and would prefer to maintain backwards compatibility.

Hi Ashal, the facial expressions (I'm actually not sure if this is included in the update) don't work for custom races (I'm using ygnord), however the mouth opening part for certain animations linger even after animation switch. I tested on two vanilla npcs and the mouth does move during moaning, but I dont think they're time to it, also there is no expression on the face (only the mouth moves). Otherwise, as far as I can tell everything works really well, no crashes or anything.

Using the latest development build.

I like the foreplay additional a lot and the undress animation is quite good as well. The mouth opening for moaning is also working really well.

However when it switches from foreplay to actual sex then I almost always have to hit the "realign actors" button or my male character will just stand there looking dumb while the female does her stuff (often several feet away).

Also I have an issue with the aggressive scenes as well. The mod now recognises the aggressive moves in the journal which is nice but I have to have an aggressive scene ticked in both normal and aggressive list in order to do them at all and that shouldnt really be that way.

Also, I have once moved from foreplay into another foreplay scene (now the length of a regular sex scene), it doesnt help to untick them from the normal scene list or my character wont have foreplay at all.

Somehow there has been more text added or the font made larger because I can no longer see the slot number in the text for each piece of equipment in the stripping parts of the UI.

Just wondering if it would be possible to add stripping settings for item slot 50. I don't see it anywhere in the current version. It's not used very often but a piece of equipment I'm constantly wearing is assigned to that slot so if it is easy to do then it would be much appreciated.

Completed:

• Pre-consensual sex foreplay stage:
    • ​MCM option to disable, defaults enabled
    • Only plays during before non victim/aggressor animations
    • Has own shorter stage timer options in MCM, defaults ~10 seconds per stage
    • Has own strip settings in MCM
    • Actors will strip further down to their normal strip settings upon foreplay completion before continuing to sexual animations
    • MCM pages & options have been shifted around to accommodate new related options
    • The playing of the undress animation between foreplay and sex while stripping is a little wonky, needs tweaking.
  • ​Added PickThread(claim=false) function to SexLabFramework script
    • ​Returns index of first available slot if claim = false, claims the slot so nothing else can use it if true.

In progress after I watch new episodes of Dexter & Hunter x Hunter:

• MCM Menu translation file
  • At least one or two new male voice sets
    • Suggestions/tips for where to find good male voice moans that don't use any words are greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I am trying to use this development build which other sex lab mod is best to properly test this, should I use matchmaker?

Right now it's set to be up to the player and whether or not they have it enabled. 

For giving modders control over it happening or not, there's a couple options I'm considering, each with a pro and con.

Con: Adding a new argument to StartSex means every mod for SexLab will HAVE to be recompiled with the newest version in order to work. Which means many mods breaking at release, and some potentially never being fixed due to author's having moved one

Add a full set of new API functions aimed at giving a modder complete control over how a scene is constructed before it begins.

Pro: Gives more control to the modder in terms of being able to setup an animation without relying on hooks after the animation has already started, including foreplay, timers, actors, animations, etc, etc.

Con: A lot more work, for both me and SexLab modders who wish to have such control over a scene. For the modders it means a good deal more complication in scripting for starting an animation with specific settings such as disabling/enabling the foreplay stuff, as opposed to just using a simple StartSex() function call.

I'm leaning towards the latter; I'm not a fan of breaking something modders are already used to using and would prefer to maintain backwards compatibility.

How about a way for a mod to register it's own preferences as overrides to the user specified preferences (for selected preferences that you will allow to be overridden). Possibly by sending a single string to SexLab which could be parsed for keyword/value pairs which would allow future additions without breaking current implementations.

How about a way for a mod to register it's own preferences as overrides to the user specified preferences (for selected preferences that you will allow to be overridden). Possibly by sending a single string to SexLab which could be parsed for keyword/value pairs which would allow future additions without breaking current implementations.

+1 key-value pairs.

Best hack since sliced bread.

(voting just in case I ever do start messing with papyrus).

I'm not positive a key/value string being passed via a function would be 100% reliable, since it's possible another mod might call StartSex() between one mod setting their argument string via something like

SexLab.SetSettings("foreplay:false;aggressive:false;")
; // Potentially other scripting
SexLab.StartSex(sexActors, animations) 

Doing something like that it's possible another script from yours or another mod might intercept the given settings with it's own StartSex(), before the script that intended to use it gets to it's own StartSex() call. It would have to be an argument for the StartSex() function itself, via something like 

StartSex(sexActors, animations, options="foreplay:false;aggressive:false;") 

While it would solve future issues with this problem, since settings could be easily implemented into the settings parser, it would break the function for people now, which I'd rather avoid.

If going with this option, I'd likely end up deprecating StartSex(), so it still works and gives modders time to switch to the new function BeginSex() or whatever I call it, before it's removed.

Personally I'm more in favor of going the route I described a little while ago here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17366-the-future-of-sexlab-framework-discussion/?p=420168 It leaves StartSex() alone to avoid breaking current mods, and provies an API for modders to have fine tune control.

An inbetween option would be to make a new animation starting function that would accept just accept actor array, animation array, and key/value setting string. Let people use it and provide some simple functions for constructing the settings string if people want to use it over StartSex(). Then convert StartSex() to simply be an bootstrapper for the new animation function that constructs a options string from it's current arguments to avoid breaking current mods.

Completed:

• Added option to MCM for disabling the undress animation played when stripping
  • Deeper Schlongs of Skyrim integration that takes into account the animation being played, and bends the actors penis to a position to better fit the animation
    • Currently only the system for this integration is in place and tested. Specific animation stages do not yet have their penis position setting set. I will be doing this next.

Coming up next:

• I will be going through every animation and every stage, and redoing their default alignments and setting their default SOS penis positions.

New Development build uploaded

Completed:

• Fixed bug with mouth staying open after ending on oral animations.
  • New alignment settings for many animations
  • Schlongs of Skyrim (SOS) bend settings for every male animation.
    • Combined with new alignments, significantly improves the penis aligning with almost every animation.
    • Note that SOS has not yet released their new version containing the penis bending animations used by this tweak. I was provided an early version to help me complete this upgrade. If you want to use the new development build, you can, you just won't get any of the SOS benefits from it until they release their update.

All new animation alignments were based off these settings:

• UNPB for females
  • SOS default/average for males
  • xp32 skeleton
  • Nords used for all actors
  • Even Actors Height MCM option enabled
  • No race resizing plugins loaded

Individual results may vary.

Did a clean install of the newest version. Everything seems good but I cant get my character to open her mouth during oral sex, the npc's seem to do it though.

And I cant get the cum to show anymore, is that related to some piece of equipment that I shouldnt un-equip (I un-equipped everything this time) or am I experiencing a bug since I have it turned on.

EDIT: I tried a brand new game and that wasnt any different.