SexLab Framework Development

On 1/10/2018 at 3:45 AM, ejess102 said:

I hope this is isn't the wrong place for this question. I've been trying to limit the amount of registered animations for Sexlab. Following the tip in another thread (can't remember which one) I edited the "sslAnimationDefaults" file and commented out the animations I don't want from the LoadAnimations() function which worked wonders. I tried to do the same for the creature animations by editing the LoadCreatureAnimations() function in the "sslCreatureAnimationDefaults" file but that doesn't seem to work. Every animation I comment out still get's registered when I enable the creature animations in Sexlab. 

How are the base creature animation registered in Sexlab? What am I missing?

Thinking to do the same thing. Coding isn't really my area, so "sslAnimationDefaults" is should be the only script that need tampered if i want some animations removed,yes ? is there other ?

For my case, i want to completely remove some animations, so is this the correct way :

1. Remove animation(s) parameter from sslAnimationDefaults script and ...(if there's more) then re-compile it.

2. Remove animation(s) parameter from FNIS_SexLab_List.txt and the animation files. Generate for modder & user for the edited FNIS_SexLab_List.txt.

3. Reinstall Sexlab.

4 hours ago, Kingpln said:

Thinking to do the same thing. Coding isn't really my area, so "sslAnimationDefaults" is should be the only script that need tampered if i want some animations removed,yes ? is there other ?

For my case, i want to completely remove some animations, so is this the correct way :

1. Remove animation(s) parameter from sslAnimationDefaults script and ...(if there's more) then re-compile it.

2. Remove animation(s) parameter from FNIS_SexLab_List.txt and the animation files. Generate for modder & user for the edited FNIS_SexLab_List.txt.

3. Reinstall Sexlab.

the other one would be "sslCreatureAnimationDefaults"

3. umm, define what you mean by "Reinstall Sexlab", because my definition of "reinstall" would undo all of your work.

7 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

the other one would be "sslCreatureAnimationDefaults"

3. umm, define what you mean by "Reinstall Sexlab", because my definition of "reinstall" would undo all of your work.

Oh, i meant in the game, rebuild or something not completely reinstall sexlab from archive. Or is it just reseting the sexlab animations registry will do the trick ? to make sure sexlab accept the edited script(s). Thanks.

3 hours ago, Kingpln said:

Oh, i meant in the game, rebuild or something not completely reinstall sexlab from archive. Or is it just reseting the sexlab animations registry will do the trick ? to make sure sexlab accept the edited script(s). Thanks.

you may need to use a save editor first to completely remove the old scripts from your save file so your edited scripts will be loaded, but "rebuild animation registry" should be the only thing you need to do in game.

Thought this would be the right place to ask. Does SexLab have functionality to get expressions (moods) from the character for facial animation? Sexlab has included MFGconsole but one of the original functions is broken which always returns 0 for mood strength (GetExpressionValue). Getting mood ID themselves works fine as does anything phoneme/modifier related, only the mood strength getting is not working. I saw in sslBaseExpressions there is a global function that I can't find the source for which is GetExpression(Actor, bool) that might work. This function is always called over GetExpressionValue in MFGfunc (probably because it's broken). How does GetExpression work? Does sexlab come with a modified dll of MFGconsole that fixes the original issue? All I want to do is to be able to grab Mood strengths from characters. Thanks.

As i had no luck finding the answer to a questions i ask here:

I recently noticed, that the total arousal only gets reduced by a random amount (~30 e.g.) after a SL scene. I suspected seperate orgasms but with or without, both seem to bring a more or less random change. In the beginning of my playthrough it changed to zero, as i remembered it from the past, but say half an hour later it was pretty random. I have no problem without a complete arousal wipe, but with multiple acts needed to reset arousal the exposure rate skyrockets and with DCUR... you get it.

So does it depend on the scene, the scene length or if i skipped parts (Space)??

My bad, found the information i needed:

SL Aroused: Amount of exposure and arousal reduced by an orgasm is dependent  on played-length / total-animation-length. In addition the amount reduced is reduced on masturbation / solo scenes.

On 1/11/2018 at 2:05 AM, Ashal said:

If I did anything like this, I'd instead just make my own implementation with SexLab's SKSE plugin. In fact, I actually started to do just that awhile back, but unfortunately, I couldn't come up with an acceptable solution to keep it backward compatible with existing SexLab mods to avoid breaking pretty much every SexLab mod out so I scrapped it. But it's a lesson learned for next time I build a framework (still want to do my own for Fallout 4).

SexLab itself is more or less stuck with certain roundabout ways of doing things because it was made back before a lot of the better methods and tools we have now existed and I don't want to break backward compatibility when there are so many legacy mods that'd never get the needed fixes/update to work. It's fairly unlikely, but maybe if I ever get bored enough and don't have anything else to work I'll say fuck it and start a SexLab 2 from scratch so I could have an excuse to break compatibility.

i would assume that for the SE version it will be a brand new start minus all that old backward compatibility problems right??

• 2 weeks later...

When I accidently press activate keybind (default E) during a sexlab animation my camera freezes in place. When the animation ends I can move my character around normally but the camera is still stuck in place and won't turn, it won't let me switch to first person or save the game either.

Does anyone else have a bug like this?

REQUEST:

Please add "Move all Actors Up/Down" to the Animation editing shortcuts.

Searching a new location for the fun is always annoying and immersion breaking. It also takes long and is not always succesfull...

Especially animations where one actor is lying down or pushed to the ground "sink" into the ground even when its flat (problem especially on beds, too).

There should be one Key to move all actors at the same time (like rotate scene, there you move it all, no?) 

This would make Sexlab extremely more comfortable, at least for me.

Keep up the awesome work, tho :smile:

Thx for your efforts. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are the git.loverslab.com links still valid?  I'm getting a 552 error from Cloudflare when I try to visit it.  A 3rd-party mod I need to alter apparently used some dev-build script code from SexLab, or something else I can't identify, and I need whatever code defines the following 4 functions used in sslThreadModel.psc (getting "is not a function or does not exist" when I try to compile my script):

DisableOrgasm

IsOrgasmAllowed

NeedsOrgasm

DoOrgasm

Thank you.

Nevermind.  Did a full reinstall of SL beta 1 and now I can compile.  Must have been missing or overwrote a source with something older.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2018 at 7:50 AM, Jubb said:

When I accidently press activate keybind (default E) during a sexlab animation my camera freezes in place. When the animation ends I can move my character around normally but the camera is still stuck in place and won't turn, it won't let me switch to first person or save the game either.

I don't believe this is the right thread for technical support. But the way you can fix the camera is by activating a furniture, like sitting in a chair. Or using recycleactor on yourself in console.

On 1/28/2018 at 10:50 PM, Jubb said:

try pressing 3 on the number pad.

2 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

That won't help, the advice to find a place to sit or use a crafting station is best. 

This. I do that more often than I care to admit. And can only hope I am fairly near a crafting station and my character not facing the camera.

2 hours ago, Thenryb said:

This. I do that more often than I care to admit. And can only hope I am fairly near a crafting station and my character not facing the camera.

Well the big take away is to NOT press the E key while having sex, that seems to be the source of the problem. What we've shared has only been how to fix it without going back to a save since this disgusting bug isn't fixed by a save and reload either.

13 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

Well the big take away is to NOT press the E key while having sex, that seems to be the source of the problem. What we've shared has only been how to fix it without going back to a save since this disgusting bug isn't fixed by a save and reload either.

I never push the E key while character having sex unless it is by accident when I am trying to push the W key and fat fingers get in the way.