SexLab Framework Development

Since there seems to be a growing number of animators, would it be possible to eventually make animation sets work like plugins for the framework? I figure this would save you time and effort from having to implement new animations, and as the number of animations grow, people could just download and install animation packs from the animators separately (hopefully using their mod manager of choice), depending on what mods they intend to use. This also means only having to enable/disable animations that you yourself installed, so someone who isn't a huge fan of Animated Prostitution or Beastiality, for example, wouldn't have those animations bloating their list because they can choose not to install either of those animation packs.

The size of the framework as a whole would drop too, right?

In the long run, I don't know how much work this would be for you, the animators, or the folks installing them. I'm just babbling ideas here...

Hope you're enjoying your break though ^_^

Since there seems to be a growing number of animators, would it be possible to eventually make animation sets work like plugins for the framework? I figure this would save you time and effort from having to implement new animations, and as the number of animations grow, people could just download and install animation packs from the animators separately (hopefully using their mod manager of choice), depending on what mods they intend to use. This also means only having to enable/disable animations that you yourself installed, so someone who isn't a huge fan of Animated Prostitution or Beastiality, for example, wouldn't have those animations bloating their list because they can choose not to install either of those animation packs.

The size of the framework as a whole would drop too, right?

In the long run, I don't know how much work this would be for you, the animators, or the folks installing them. I'm just babbling ideas here...

Hope you're enjoying your break though ^_^

Animations can already be added via plugins, ZaZAnimation pack does this for example.

New voices can be added via plugins as well, and come 1.30, new facial expressions will be added to that list.

if there is quality animations that I think fit well with the default package however, I prefer to just package those with the mod by default in order to provide as much variety as possible out of the box.

For the curious who would like to try it out, I've updated the development build of SexLab on git, it now has the First person mode and TFC toggle.

Right now there is no way to change the hotkeys for either, first person mode is activated with Numpad 1, and TFC is toggled with Numpad 3

First Person Mode:

• Activated by pressing the Numpad 1 key
  • Activating/deactivating this during a scene may take a couple seconds, depending on script load
  • Automatically deactivated at the start of the ending animation sequence
  • This is a very script intensive mode, if you are running a lot of script heavy mods and have a slow computer, it will very likely crash or be very choppy for you.
    • I run a script heavy game myself (SexLab, SkyRe, Frostfall, RND, and more), and have a fairly modern computer (Ivy Bridge CPU, Nvidia 680, 16 GB Ram) and for me, if I'm running an ENB, the first person camera mode is VERY choppy, if I disable my ENB, the camera runs smoothly again.
  • The first person camera does NOT rotate with the players head during animation, it only syncs the camera location with where the players head would be during the animation. So animations where your head should be looking down, you will find it impossible to get the "correct" perspective where your camera would be upside down or heavily skewed/tilted.
  • Due to the nature of Skyrim's first person camera, geometry that gets close to your view will become invisible, this causes instances where you will see through parts of your body, or your partners body during animation. I have found no way to prevent this.

All in all, the first person mode is very imperfect, but for some few animations it lines up and works very well; so consider it a novelty more than a serious feature, as I sincerly doubt there is much I can do improve it beyond its current state.

Free Camera Mode:

• Activated by pressing the Numpad 3 key
  • Takes a second or two to take effect, especially if you were previous in First Person mode
  • Does not alter your SUCSM, you'll have to set that your preference on your own from console.
  • Free camera will be automatically disabled at the end of a sexlab scene, regardless if you started it from console or from the hotkey.
  • I dislike the current papyrus based implementation for accomplishing this, I would greatly prefer to do a SKSE plugin dll like SkyrimEstrus does, but I am a terrible C++ programmer and all my attempts at making one have failed, would greatly appreciate any C++ programmers who are willing to volunteer their help on this.

A strange thing happened yesterday. I was cleaning a mod dungeon with Mjoll. And at the end, when I just had finished the main boss I left my xhar and went for a cofee. My char had just  changed to third person with the moving camera when I returned.  And all of a sudden Mjoll came to my nordic warrior and started kissing him passionatly,.... she puttted her leg around him and undressed.... If its a bug. That is for sure the most  beautifull bug ever.

Now, it made me wonder. Are there addons where there is more kissing involved even while making love, maybe in different positions?

Or where NPC's take initiative,.... I have no idea why Mjoll did that but it really looked great.

• The first person camera does NOT rotate with the players head during animation, it only syncs the camera location with where the players head would be during the animation. So animations where your head should be looking down, you will find it impossible to get the "correct" perspective where your camera would be upside down or heavily skewed/tilted.
  •  

All in all, the first person mode is very imperfect, but for some few animations it lines up and works very well; so consider it a novelty more than a serious feature, as I sincerly doubt there is much I can do improve it beyond its current state.

A possible solution to this after some more experimenting, I tried editing the first person skeleton's "NPC Rotate" node to see if the rotation would affect the players camera as well,  and sure enough it does. This is the only way I have found to rotate the players view, and it works surprisingly well.

If I could manipulate these values from SexLab, the first person mode animations would work MUCH better, however there is no built in way to do this.

It's very likely semi easily done with an SKSE plugin however, seeing as they already have node scaling and positions functions added by SKSE, but after another couple hours of trying, I just can't wrap my head around getting SKSE plugins to register new native functions and I haven't been able to find any open source examples online to see how they did it. I'm borderline considering dropping my current Ruby learning efforts and trying to power through learning C++ proper so I can do it, unless somebody wants to spare me that effort (hint hint)

Free Camera Mode:

• Activated by pressing the Numpad 3 key
  • Takes a second or two to take effect, especially if you were previous in First Person mode
  • Does not alter your SUCSM, you'll have to set that your preference on your own from console.
  • Free camera will be automatically disabled at the end of a sexlab scene, regardless if you started it from console or from the hotkey.
  • I dislike the current papyrus based implementation for accomplishing this, I would greatly prefer to do a SKSE plugin dll like SkyrimEstrus does, but I am a terrible C++ programmer and all my attempts at making one have failed, would greatly appreciate any C++ programmers who are willing to volunteer their help on this.

You can do so that Free Camera Моде switched automatically when you start the animation?

Used this iteration and found it is mostly working fine. Had a brief stint at the bottom of the path right where you escape Helgen where sex initiated by Romance caused the player to appear in the sky over the giant camp near whiterun and fall to her her death. This happened about 5 times in a row, and twice crashed on reload. However, it worked the next time, and worked every sex encounter since then with no trouble, 5 sex events total in a row without any problem.

Also, Defeat 4.2.1 is currently failing to trigger with it. I will test to see if the problem is defeat or sexlab in a few.

Just downloaded the current revision and tried out the new camera modes... I smiled when I saw how SexLab opened the console and typed "tfc"! However, it doesn't work on German keyboards. The key that opens the console is the circumflex key and waits for another keystroke to create an accented character. So what actually arrives at the console is "fc".

I'm amazed that you pulled off a 1st person mode through scripting. Okay, clipping can't be avoided in some cases, but in animations like doggystyle it looks great. I had some performance problems, though. The first scene ran smooth, but the second was very choppy, with all my processor cores maxed out at 100% (normally they're at 50-70% when I play Skyrim). Gotta test more to see if there's a pattern.

Just downloaded the current revision and tried out the new camera modes... I smiled when I saw how SexLab opened the console and typed "tfc"! However, it doesn't work on German keyboards. The key that opens the console is the circumflex key and waits for another keystroke to create an accented character. So what actually arrives at the console is "fc".

I'm amazed that you pulled off a 1st person mode through scripting. Okay, clipping can't be avoided in some cases, but in animations like doggystyle it looks great. I had some performance problems, though. The first scene ran smooth, but the second was very choppy, with all my processor cores maxed out at 100% (normally they're at 50-70% when I play Skyrim). Gotta test more to see if there's a pattern.

So it basically waits for another key press before entering another?

Right now sexlab enters this key combination:

• Console
  • T
  • F
  • C
  • Enter
  • Console

If I changed it to this

• Console
  • Enter
  • T
  • F
  • C
  • Enter
  • Console

Would that additional enter at the start clear the circumflex key waiting for another keystroke? I have absolutely no knowledge of how non US keyboards work.

As a thing for the future, would it make sense and/or be sensible to not have those animations that are played as foreplay to be chosen as the main course, if you have foreplay enabled?

Of course, then you would have a situation when a mod requests a specific animation. Maybe that should either bypass foreplay entirely, or assign the animation as foreplay if it is one of the foreplay ones and randomise the one afterwards normally?

Feasibility of having npc and player head-tracking enabled during animations? Would improve general SL animations quite a bit, and allow for particular bones/objects as points of interest/tracking during audio loops, events etc... 

then combine with MFG presets? well.

I've had the "falling to doom" error twice in a new game. Once outside Helgan, same place as the repeated instance in the last game, with Romance, and once in Riverwood using Beastmaster.

I have, however, used Romance like a half-dozen times with no problem at all and Beastmaster once with no issue in that game so far, so it is not happening all the time.

I am also observing occasionally people remain in position 2-3 seconds after sex ends. usually one partner, and it fixes itself without a problem, but wanted to mention. Seen it with Defeat and Romance.

Ashal, I was wondering if it's possible to add a maleSecond function to sortActors(), to make it slightly easier to work with MFF animations. I'm doing bug fixing on an orgy spell script I'm working on, and I noticed that Arrok's Tricycle animation doesn't always have the genders positioned right.

The issue is that the animation's placements are female - male - female, which makes sense with SexLab's female first sorting. But the automatic sorting will still arrange the actors as female - female - male, 50% of the time. A maleSecond function could help avoid doing workarounds, though that said it's not too bad to script a solution currently. Here's how I solved it in my case:

int g1 = SexLab.GetGender(sexActors[1])
int g2 = SexLab.GetGender(sexActors[2])
int g3 = SexLab.GetGender(sexActors[3])

{snip}

elseIf (g0 == 1 && g1 == 1 && g2 == 0)
actor[] emptyslots
emptyslots = new actor[3]
actor[] Backup
Backup = sexActors
sexActors = emptyslots
sexActors[0] = Backup[0]
sexActors[1] = Backup[2]
sexActors[2] = Backup[1]
anims = SexLab.GetAnimationsByTag(3, "MFF")

{snip}

Arrok tricycle is Female-Female-Male.

function ArrokTricycle(string eventName, string id, float argNum, form sender)
	Name = "Arrok Tricycle"

SetContent(Sexual)
	SetSFX(SexMix)

int a1 = AddPosition(Female, addCum=Oral)
	AddPositionStage(a1, "Arrok_Tricycle_A1_S1", -1, up = 2, silent = true, openMouth = true)
	AddPositionStage(a1, "Arrok_Tricycle_A1_S2", 0)
	AddPositionStage(a1, "Arrok_Tricycle_A1_S3", 0)
	AddPositionStage(a1, "Arrok_Tricycle_A1_S4", 1, side = 2.5, up = 3, silent = true, openMouth = true)

int a2 = AddPosition(Female, addCum=Oral)
	AddPositionStage(a2, "Arrok_Tricycle_A2_S1", -100)
	AddPositionStage(a2, "Arrok_Tricycle_A2_S2", -100)
	AddPositionStage(a2, "Arrok_Tricycle_A2_S3", -100.5, silent = true, openMouth = true)
	AddPositionStage(a2, "Arrok_Tricycle_A2_S4", -100, side = -1, up = 2, silent = true, openMouth = true)

int a3 = AddPosition(Male)
	AddPositionStage(a3, "Arrok_Tricycle_A3_S1", 108, sos = -2)
	AddPositionStage(a3, "Arrok_Tricycle_A3_S2", 108, silent = true, openMouth = true, sos = 5)
	AddPositionStage(a3, "Arrok_Tricycle_A3_S3", 108, sos = -1)
	AddPositionStage(a3, "Arrok_Tricycle_A3_S4", 108, sos = -3)

AddTag("Sex")
	AddTag("Arrok")
	AddTag("BBP")
	AddTag("MFF")
	AddTag("Tricycle")
	AddTag("Threeway")
	AddTag("Blowjob")
	AddTag("Oral")
	AddTag("Cunnilingus")
	AddTag("Orgy")
	AddTag("Vaginal")
	AddTag("Dirty")

Save()
endFunction

All animations are Female -> Male, there shouldn't be any that that mix it up as FMF or MF

The problem is more likely to be with the SortActors() function improperly ordering them as FMF. I'll take a look at it shortly

Tfc sounds like a nice plan.

Right now im using, TFC Key - Free Fly Camera - Smoothedend.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30461/?

It requires dinput8' and 'ScriptDragon' from Dragon Script. But it works good.

You press a button to activate tfc and then press it again to deactivate tfc.

You can even set your camera speed in the ini file.

Only problem is that it doesnt auto turn off but other then that it has worked good.

Figure i would post it if anyone wanted to take a look at that.

Really good work so far on the framework :D

Tfc sounds like a nice plan.

Right now im using, TFC Key - Free Fly Camera - Smoothedend.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30461/?

It requires dinput8' and 'ScriptDragon' from Dragon Script. But it works good.

You press a button to activate tfc and then press it again to deactivate tfc.

You can even set your camera speed in the ini file.

Only problem is that it doesnt auto turn off but other then that it has worked good.

Figure i would post it if anyone wanted to take a look at that.

Really good work so far on the framework :D

I used this, till I thought I'm already using SKSE so might as well drop Scriptdragon.  Using this ever since http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33521//? .  Yeah the speed isn't that adjustable like TFC keys (I'm missing the precision there) but other than that, it has everything and only needs SKSE, which I use anyway.  

I'm a bit skeptical about having more papyrus scripts running for something that could be rather crude at first.  I'd rather keep doing it manually if it strains papyrus too much.

I wish the framework could bind vanilla voices with a specific type of voice, but I guess that wouldn't be that easy to do or it'd have been implemented.  I mean, it's a bit strange when, say, an Orc woman sounds like Ysolda in bed.

Good evening [in here anyway], Ashal.

It seems that gay/lesbian scenes fail to initiate on the latest beta. Tested this on Defeat, Sexlab Aroused, and Prostitute of Skyrim [modified version]. I made sure to update with FNIS, and nothing. 

Edit. Also got a message at the upper left corner saying that animation failed to load or something.