SexLab Framework Development

Why not use SexLab.HookController(argString)?

Not that it matters anymore, but... you know... ;)

This was exactly was I was doing, but took me a couple of weeks to figure it out, a long time ago.

RegisterForModEvent("HookAnimationEnd_MyHook", "AnimationEnded")

event AnimationEnded(int tid, bool HasPlayer)
	sslThreadController Thread = SexLab.GetController(tid)
	; // Do stuff with Thread.
endEvent
All the old style hooks exist, just add "Hook" to the start of it, and it'll receive the simplified event arguments instead. They've been in since 1.52 or somewhere around there, so they aren't really "new" at this point, but newer.

New to me, so good enough ;)

Does the sslThreadModel.SetHook("MyHook") remain?

Yes.

You can also add multiple hooks if you want to as well. Which lets you inject your own hooks into scenes started by other mods without interfering with theirs, or deal out tasks to different scripts by having each register for a different hook. This was added way back in 1.35 but I don't think anybodies been making use of it, which yeah, is my own damned fault for never updating the API docs.

Just call SetHook() again to add an additional hook, or feed it a comma separated list like SetHook("HookOne,HookTwo")

Why not use SexLab.HookController(argString)?

Not that it matters anymore, but... you know... ;)

Because it promotes the continued usage of the other old style hook function, and doesn't solve the annoyance of having to include/remember what the old styles argument list is when all you actually need is argString.

In any case I'm pretty sure your problem is the result of the VictimRef not getting set properly from the new Victims[] array. I'm working on fixing it now.

SexLab v1.60 Release Candidate 3

(Last Updated: August 19th, 2015)

New features In 1.60 for USERS:

• REQUIRES THE SKSE 1.7.3 BETA
  • Animation, voice, and expression install limits increased from 125 to 350
  • 14+ new animations from various authors - most of the ones included in NSAP minus any that are newer than 3-4 months
  • Strip Items Editor - new MCM page for flagging pieces armor/clothing/accessories as "always strip" or "never strip"
  • HDT HighHeel effects detection, if after stripping before an animation, actors with boots on still will have the height adjustment effect from heels removed.
    • Force enabled during beta for testing purposes
    • Might switch to a toggle in final release depending on demand and/or how well it works
    • Needs additional testing as I haven't been able to test it much myself, please let me know your results while using beta.
  • Multiple and individual orgasms during animation - Actors during animation can now trigger orgasm effects separate of each other once their enjoyment level reaches 100, after orgasm they will have their enjoyment reset back down to somewhere between 10-30.
    • Force enabled during beta for testing purposes
    • Will be a toggle, defaulted to off, in the final release of 1.60.
    • All actors will still trigger their simultaneous orgasm at the final animation stage, a lot of animations specifically animate this stage as an orgasm, so I don't think it makes much sense to change this.
    • Animations can now have different cum effects applied depending on the current animation stage. However all animations currently are still using a single cum setting for all stages - would appreciate some help determining what animation stages need to have their cum effect changed from it's default. 
    • Almost assuredly needs lots of tweaking still, feedback much appreciated on this feature.
  • Option to remove non gay or lesbian animations when playing animations with a gay or lesbian pairing
  • Option to enable checks if a creature is male or female, defaults to off which functions same as 1.59c and older
  • Holding shift while pressing the re-align actors hotkey will now forcibly start things over by resetting all actors animations first
  • SexLab no longer installs itself automatically, to install and use the mod you must now navigate to the SexLab MCM once in game and click the button to start the install process.
  • Bards should no longer force actors to stand up and play a clapping animation while in the middle of sex.
  • The creature animations are now downloaded and installed separately of the main SexLab Framework instead of always being included.
  • Various bug fixes and performance improvements ranging from important to minor.
  • I'm positive I'm forgetting stuff
  • Added in RC3: Added ability to toggle whether the hotkey adjustments affect current stage, or all stages by default, flipping the behavior of holding the ctrl modifier.
  • Added in RC3: All animations with a rotation offset (mostly the AP animations) have had their rotation switched to the other actor, this greatly improves the starting positioning of actors playing these animations on a bed.
  • Added in RC3: Playing animations on bedrolls will no longer place the actor up floating above it as if they were on a normal bed.
  • Added in RC3: Can now hold the rotate scene hotkey to continually rotate it, like you can with the other adjustment hotkeys.

New features In 1.60 for MODDERS:

• Functions related to the new multiple/individual orgasms feature to trigger or count orgasms for an actor during animation.
  • Function to remove an animation/voice/expression from the default sexlab registry 
  • Creature races can be  much more easily added, detected, or customized for individual creature animations, see global functions in sslCreatureAnimationSlots.psc for use.
  • Animations can now be registered via categories to help keep the MCM animation lists organized by type.  The modevent "SexLabSlotAnimations_{type}" is sent in between sexlab's default animation registrations. See sslAnimationDefaults.psc and usage of RegisterCategory() for a list of categories available. This also used with "creature types" in creature animations.
  • Can now assign different cum settings to individual stages of animation via SetStageCumID(int Position, int Stage, int CumID), should be set AFTER an animation has has at least had it's position stages all set.
  • Animations can now be made to use a mix of different creature types.
  • Various other new major and minor API functions I am undoubtedly forgetting.
  • Documentation basics will now be included with in applicable files above each API function as a DocBlock. It's a tedious process to add these, so currently only a few in SexLabFramework.psc are filled out while most blank templates. This will be completed before the official 1.60 release.
  • Now that sexlab installation is manually triggered instead of automatic, its become increasingly important that individual mods using SexLab make use of existing functions to check if SexLab is enabled (via property bool SexLab.Enabled) or use the mod events "SexLabInstalled", "SexLabUpdated", "SexLabDisabled", or "SexLabEnabled" to ensure they don't try and do sensitive actions prematurely.
  • New tracking functions to get an actors most recent sex partner, the last person they were the aggressor to, the last person they were a victim of, and the actor the player has had sex with the most.
  • sslThreadModel functions to set an actors starting animation event and their ending animation event, replacing the default usage of IdleForceDefaultState.
  • Animations can now have multiple victims set. For backwards compatibility, VictimRef will only return the first victim set in an animation, all victims can be accessed via the Actor[] Victims property.
  • Added in RC3: Creature animation tag search functions added to main SexLabFramework script.
  • If you have ANY function requests that you think would make your mod easier, or enable you to do something new with SexLab, this is the perfect time to tell me.

IMPORTANT NOTE - READ ME BEFORE DOWNLOADING:
This is a test, intended for testing the near final version before official release. If you are inexperienced with SexLab or modding in general, do not use this. Wait for the official 1.60 release instead. If you do use it, as this is intended as a test, it is important that if you experience any issues that you explain them thoroughly and include a full papyrus debug log.

The point of a beta is to fix things, I can't fix things if you don't tell me about them. If things work great or fix a problem you specifically had with previous versions, than I'd love to hear about that as well.

Download - after having read and comprehended the above note:

Test downloads removed, final release of 1.60 is available now:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/150-skyrim-sexlab-sex-animation-framework-v160-updated-aug-22nd-2015/

Backwards compatibility with 1.59c mods:
I intend 1.60 to be fully compatible with any mod that currently works with 1.59c. As far as I am aware from my tests so far, this holds true. If you find an up to date sexlab mod that you believe to NOT be compatible with 1.60, TELL ME ABOUT IT, SO I CAN LOOK INTO WHY AND FIX IT BEFORE FINAL

KNOWN ISSUES WITH 1.60:

• FIXED IN BETA 2: Toggle Animations page repeats the last animation over and over again
  • FIXED IN BETA 2: The toggles on page 2 not properly toggling the animation.
  • FIXED IN BETA 2: Playing animations with a gay/lesbian pairing doesn't play regular MF animations despite the filter option being disabled
  • FIXED IN BETA 2: Various reported/discovered alignment issues or stuck animations.
  • FIXED IN BETA 2: Other stuff.
  • FIXED IN BETA 2b: Actors getting stuck after animation finishes.
  • FIXED IN RC 1: Certain creatures not working
  • FIXED IN RC 2: Animation sticking when moving between different animations or stages
  • FIXED IN RC 2: Certain (other) creatures not working.
  • FIXED IN RC 3: Fixed VictimRef property on threads returning none when it should not
  • FIXED IN RC 3: A lot of stuff I'm too tired right to remember.
  • BROKEN IN RC3: Sometimes - when pressing the realign actors hotkey, actors will take turns actually resetting animations and just standing there each time you press it. Changing animations back and forth with the O hotkey should fix this. This WILL be fixed in final 1.60, this is currently the one known issue that is a requirement for me to fix before releasing this weekend.
  • NOT FIXABLE: If you have an issue with not being able to install the 1.60 beta where you click the install or update button in the MCM but nothing ever happens. Remove the sexlab cum on clothing mod ScocLB.esm & SexlabScocLB.esp. This mod edits SexLab's quests and there is nothing I can do to fix it, the fix is up to the author of this mod to correct as it directly edits SexLab's native quests.

TODO list before final 1.60 release:

• Finish filling out the in-script API documentation

Any chance that we can save rotation adjustments for an animation?

I've thought about it, but I just don't see much point in it personally. The rotation adjustments are almost 100% dependent on the environment the animation is played.

The AP animations, and all others that had built in rotations, were the only ones and clearly bad when played on a bed, requiring rotating 180 degrees every single time to make them appear on the bed even remotely. RC3 fixes this for the most part by reversing the rotations for all such default animations.

From what I've read on the past few pages it would appear my issues correlate with the spacebar/reversing animations issues only occurring with NSAP animations.

Not sure if it's SL but when I press N to control a proxy animation with two NPC actors my character just jumps instead of advancing stages. This happened during this session with only two NPCs. Otherwise works fine.

I had enabled all NSAP animations except furniture and didn't think of it until FNIS spat out the duplicate errors.

Command console logs show that newer animations cause the issues but not the old and trusted ones i.e. SL integrated animations.

Is it at all possible to reverse animation stages up to the beginning of the foreplay event too or just the main business? I've noticed I cannot reverse stages past the first animation of the main phase if NSAP was used for foreplay. That might be the cause or I've never noticed if that was possible at all.

Otherwise RC2 seems to behave well and all CTDs/hangs are related to cloak scripts/script overload instead (or Skyrim itself).

My papyrus log revealed some issues with other unrelated plugins though, posting just in case. attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log.7z

This appears to be a common issue that is popping up. I have tried this using a new game with only SexLab 1.60 RC2 and NSAP 2.7c as mods and not been able to recreate it.

When an animation is playing and you find this issue, please take not of the name of the aniamtion (I need about.... five I'd say) so I can look at them in a bit more depth incase there's something NSAP has done.

From what I've read on the past few pages it would appear my issues correlate with the spacebar/reversing animations issues only occurring with NSAP animations.

Not sure if it's SL but when I press N to control a proxy animation with two NPC actors my character just jumps instead of advancing stages. This happened during this session with only two NPCs. Otherwise works fine.

I had enabled all NSAP animations except furniture and didn't think of it until FNIS spat out the duplicate errors.

Command console logs show that newer animations cause the issues but not the old and trusted ones i.e. SL integrated animations.

Is it at all possible to reverse animation stages up to the beginning of the foreplay event too or just the main business? I've noticed I cannot reverse stages past the first animation of the main phase if NSAP was used for foreplay. That might be the cause or I've never noticed if that was possible at all.

Otherwise RC2 seems to behave well and all CTDs/hangs are related to cloak scripts/script overload instead (or Skyrim itself).

My papyrus log revealed some issues with other unrelated plugins though, posting just in case. attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log.7z

This appears to be a common issue that is popping up. I have tried this using a new game with only SexLab 1.60 RC2 and NSAP 2.7c as mods and not been able to recreate it.

When an animation is playing and you find this issue, please take not of the name of the aniamtion (I need about.... five I'd say) so I can look at them in a bit more depth incase there's something NSAP has done.

Don't worry about it. From what I understand of the issue, talking directly with fore about why it might happen and in my own investigations. It actually has nothing to do with NSAP, and this is entirely the result of confirmation bias .

Going back into the first stage of an animation, is entirely an issue of using the _REENTER event appropriately, and is no realistic fault of NSAP in the long run. As SexLab doesn't treat  it's own or NSAP's animation's, even remotely different.

The ZappDoggy animation still doesn't work when my character is tied. The male actor can't align and just stands behind her. With v1.59 everything is fine. Halp. :(

attachicon.gif2015-08-20_00003.jpg attachicon.gif2015-08-20_00002.jpg

So complain to Zap, it has nothing to do with SexLab. And if it does, than read the post, as it specifically mentions potential sync animation issues. There is absolutely no issue related to SexLabFramework in your log.

The ZappDoggy animation still doesn't work when my character is tied. The male actor can't align and just stands behind her. With v1.59 everything is fine. Halp. :(

attachicon.gif2015-08-20_00003.jpg attachicon.gif2015-08-20_00002.jpg

So complain to Zap, it has nothing to do with SexLab. And if it does, than read the post, as it specifically mentions potential sync animation issues. There is absolutely no issue related to SexLabFramework in your log.

Ok, thanx for answer. Keep up the good work.

after update to RC3, it seems my sexlab won't start animation if I select using bed option, I did a clean install(the previous one I use in beta 1) on this but the problem is still there.

Also there is some small issues with Expressions, the npc in the sex keep talking and their lips is moving in the speed of the light, its almost like I turn Expressions and lip sync at same time in the 1.59c.

Your killing me on bandwidth costs here people... By current download counts; there's no way only 2 of you needed JUST the update patch, while 30 of you have never used any 1.60 beta or RC and actually need to download the full...  I beg of you to JUST download the update patch... If you only need the update patch, and if you've used pretty much and version of 1.60 from beta 1 and onward, it is in fact all you need.

Switch to 7zip. I can drop the RC3 Patch size to 709KB by just unpacking the zip and repacking as 7z.

Your killing me on bandwidth costs here people... By current download counts; there's no way only 2 of you needed JUST the update patch, while 30 of you have never used any 1.60 beta or RC and actually need to download the full...  I beg of you to JUST download the update patch... If you only need the update patch, and if you've used pretty much and version of 1.60 from beta 1 and onward, it is in fact all you need.

Switch to 7zip. I can drop the RC3 Patch size to 709KB by just unpacking the zip and repacking as 7z.

I have to admit I am one of these people who habitually download full versions (unless it's a 1kb patch for a 2 GB main installer with another release expected in less than a week maybe). I never liked fumbling with patch files, anywhere. Tbh, I didn't think downloading a few MB from a site hosting hundreds of files some of which having more a million downloads would hurt anyone. oO

Hi all. I tried out RC2 and had some problems with animations. Sexlab has "?" against idle animations for creatures. I summoned a Draugr with MNC then tried using the console to spawn one. Both times the Draugr was T-posing and i couldnt persuade any animations to play despite them being registered in SL. I have the latest FNIS/Creature pack and there is nothing in my log. I did notice an error in the console at one point indicating that no valid animations were found. I cant figure out what ive done wrong given the fact that SL is registering the animations but then stating that they arent found. Any ideas?  :-/

Just a thought regarding bandwith costs;

Why aren't we doing what a bunch of the big Oblivion mods on here did? Uploading MEGA mirrors I mean. Yes there's always the danger that MEGA (or any other hoster) isn't there anymore tomorrow, but then somebody somewhere, at least the mod's author, should have a backup of it, ready to upload it to some alternate place.

MEGA would seem like the best place currently because it's incredibly fast (I get ~25x faster download speeds on it than here, for example), it allows end users to download as much as they can store and doesn't require registration or anything. Basically, it's free, incredibly fast bandwith. They're also perfectly fine with questionable content. Any content, really.

I'm sure there's a reason we don't store files there, just curious what that reason is.

Why aren't we doing what a bunch of the big Oblivion mods on here did? Uploading MEGA mirrors I mean. Yes there's always the danger that MEGA (or any other hoster) isn't there anymore tomorrow, but then somebody somewhere, at least the mod's author, should have a backup of it, ready to upload it to some alternate place.

MEGA would seem like the best place currently because it's incredibly fast (I get ~25x faster download speeds on it than here, for example), it allows end users to download as much as they can store and doesn't require registration or anything. Basically, it's free, incredibly fast bandwith. They're also perfectly fine with questionable content. Any content, really.

I'm sure there's a reason we don't store files there, just curious what that reason is.

I store my files there.  There is no reason others cannot.  My files exceed the 100 meg limit, so I am forced to use them to store an unbroken install.

I store my files there.  There is no reason others cannot.  My files exceed the 100 meg limit, so I am forced to use them to store an unbroken install.

I do the same for my big mod (196MB, the others are just a few KBs)

MEGA is OK, DepositFiles is OK. Both allows any kind of content (of course if it does not have copyright infringements.), they keep the files pretty much forever, they do not require payments.

Every modder providing a Mod that is a few megabytes or bigger, or has a huge amount of downloades, should always provide a mirror for the mod.

My 2 cents.

I have to admit I am one of these people who habitually download full versions (unless it's a 1kb patch for a 2 GB main installer with another release expected in less than a week maybe). I never liked fumbling with patch files, anywhere. Tbh, I didn't think downloading a few MB from a site hosting hundreds of files some of which having more a million downloads would hurt anyone. oO

Simple solution:

Copy the patch, take your base archive, unpack it, unpack the patch into the same directory and archive it again.

Less bandwidth use, no fumbling with loose files, everybody is happy...

I do the same for my big mod (196MB, the others are just a few KBs)

MEGA is OK, DepositFiles is OK. Both allows any kind of content (of course if it does not have copyright infringements.), they keep the files pretty much forever, they do not require payments.

Every modder providing a Mod that is a few megabytes or bigger, or has a huge amount of downloades, should always provide a mirror for the mod.

My 2 cents.

Cause Mega is shit and doesn't work if you have decent online security.

Also Mega is shit to older/less common browser, since they set up their downloads so they need twice the disc space to download the file in a temporary directory, then copy that file to the correct download location which not all browsers support.

Dunno what I do wrong I have the latest FNIS and its Creature Pack. It says I am missing FNIS Sexlab Creature Idle couldn't find it.

Did you donwload the SexLab creatures file? It is not integrated in the main SexLab archive, you have to download it explicitly.

Dunno what I do wrong I have the latest FNIS and its Creature Pack. It says I am missing FNIS Sexlab Creature Idle couldn't find it.

Did you donwload the SexLab creatures file? It is not integrated in the main SexLab archive, you have to download it explicitly.

IAFD <facepalm>. I didn't install SexLab creatures files, my bad. :wacko: