SexLab Framework Development

Disappointed. Not released in July, as was promised. Also, I REALLY hope there are animations for Male Player on Fem Creature interactions  :wub:

Do yourself and everyone else a favor and shut up..

your not helping, besides if you had read a few posts back, he said couple of days and that was yesterday

I don't know how people really complain, it's a wonder something so comprehensive and awesome can be availed of at no cost, it truly IS a wonder in today's eon!

We all are really eager to get this but we really need to appreciate the complexity and work put in (again, for no cost) more often.

After using the B2 for a while I have noticed that after a while SL1.60 corrupts the game and the save cannot be loaded.

The procedure I have been following was to remove 1.60, reinstall 1.59. load, save the game, and then re-install 1.60

after that the game loaded normally.

Was anyone else come accross this problem?

After using the B2 for a while I have noticed that after a while SL1.60 corrupts the game and the save cannot be loaded.

The procedure I have been following was to remove 1.60, reinstall 1.59. load, save the game, and then re-install 1.60

How long was it on the save, what mods where you using, and how big is your .skse co-save for a save that's close to the same spot pre-corruption?

I played (yes, actually played the game instead of just poking at mods for hours like I usually do) for 8 hours or so last night to prepare for the final 1.60. Heavily focused the game on SexLab related stuff with some questing thrown in, mainly to make sure myself things were running properly with a heavily modded Skyrim, most of the major SexLab mods, and a couple personally preferred minor ones as well. Came across a couple minor bugs from both the framework and other sexlab mods I was able to quickly fix from frameworks scripts or trace back to other mods bugs, but noting to major.

I did however get one corrupted save in that time, but it seemed more like my own fault as I tried to quicksave in the middle of Death Alternative, SexLab Leveling, and some DD mod all trying to do something at the same time while my character was in bleedout, pressing quicksave immediately froze the game and the save was unusable after booting it back up. Reloaded from an auto-save 10 minute earlier though and proceeded to play for another 3-4 hours without any major problems. This was on a new save I started with a version of 1.60 that's a few fixes ahead of beta 2.

Disappointed. Not released in July, as was promised. Also, I REALLY hope there are animations for Male Player on Fem Creature interactions  :wub:

To my knowledge, there are only three animations ( Spriggan, Flame Atronach and Werewolf ) for male actor on female critter

due to overall lack of interest and general animator laziness :P

They currently reside within More Nasty Critters, but I am unaware of their existence within any other Mod as of this writing.

As for the release, be patient :D  

Releasing a thing just to make a deadline before it's finished is something the likes of ( insert any AAA publisher here ) does.  We

all want to see the release happen, but we also want it as bug free as possible.  It'll get released, just have to iron out any last minute

anomalies that pop up. 

SexLab 1.60 Release Candidate 1:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18708-sexlab-framework-development-160-beta-2b-july-19th/?p=1249225

Update patch for 1.60 beta 2b with all fixes/updates I've done since then as a release candidate

Assuming no major bugs are reported (that are actually framework bugs), then the only thing it's missing from the final release is expanded tags.

SexLab 1.60 Release Candidate 1:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18708-sexlab-framework-development-160-beta-2b-july-19th/?p=1249225

Update patch for 1.60 beta 2b with all fixes/updates I've done since then as a release candidate

Assuming no major bugs are reported (that are actually framework bugs), then the only thing it's missing from the final release is expanded tags.

Nice! Good Work Ashal :)

Hey Ashal!

As this isn't going to be feedback on the RC of 1.60, I'll keep it brief. I don't trust my own abilities enough to contribute to this test so I'll wait till the full release. I merely wanted to thank you for all the work you put into SL as well as LoversLab in general, especially because you seem so busy with real life. Thanks to all your hard work, so many great mods exist for Skyrim that make it an interesting and fun game.

Far as I'm concerned, Bethesda provided a mostly broken, shallow game with a Pokémon-like story tailored for the CoD crowd, RPG-light, so to speak. It's thanks to modders who create all this amazing stuff that Skyrim is still played a lot today, nearly 4 years after release.

I sincerely hope that you'll be around and motivated still when the next (most likely) broken mess, Fallout 4, comes out, to fix it, make it pretty, make human bodies resemble humans, add sex appeal and last but not least, add actual sex.

Anyways, for what it's worth, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the hard work and amazing results that come from it.

Character jumping when pressing spacebar in free camera mode still happens in 1.6 RC1. Fix it please.

And looks like i found another bug: when you using sex on the bed for first time, after scene end player teleporting to the exit from current location. It still happening after few tries on a row. Btw, after changing location that was never happened again.

Nope, after reloading save it happened again. I don't know what can make that, sex starting with submit mod.

Sometimes it happens when characters undressing: PC teleported to the exit door for a second and then back with sex animation starting. So maybe sexlab position picker sometimes wrong and picks random/incorrect coord values for player?

I have noticed this too but i noticed the. skse file was getting really big like 6 mb so i deleted it and then then start the game normally and it will load the game again.

How long was it on the save, what mods where you using, and how big is your .skse co-save for a save that's close to the same spot pre-corruption?

I played (yes, actually played the game instead of just poking at mods for hours like I usually do) for 8 hours or so last night to prepare for the final 1.60. Heavily focused the game on SexLab related stuff with some questing thrown in, mainly to make sure myself things were running properly with a heavily modded Skyrim, most of the major SexLab mods, and a couple personally preferred minor ones as well. Came across a couple minor bugs from both the framework and other sexlab mods I was able to quickly fix from frameworks scripts or trace back to other mods bugs, but noting to major.

I did however get one corrupted save in that time, but it seemed more like my own fault as I tried to quicksave in the middle of Death Alternative, SexLab Leveling, and some DD mod all trying to do something at the same time while my character was in bleedout, pressing quicksave immediately froze the game and the save was unusable after booting it back up. Reloaded from an auto-save 10 minute earlier though and proceeded to play for another 3-4 hours without any major problems. This was on a new save I started with a version of 1.60 that's a few fixes ahead of beta 2.

I think that in 8 hours the problem should have come up. 

Right Now it is working so I will install the release candidate and see if it occurs again to try and have more thourough information about it. 

My skse co-save is not differenet from previous working saves. It does increase gradually as the normall save but to normall sizes.

One of my suspects is SOS, as I had to make a clean save of it yesterday. I noticed that all males were wearing underwear, and the MCM menus for the addons had dissapear. SOS hates having its load order chaged, so I re-installed it with NMM, left everything at the bottom of the load order to see if it will happen again. On a previous occasion when that happened, I used the clean save tool to delete the sslBaseVoice script and all its instances and the "broken" save loaded fine. 

In the broken save, the only thing that appears on the log after "loading game" is something about the quest scrip of SexlabCumshot having a wrong value when looking for SAM quest (I never had SAM installed)

[07/31/2015 - 09:47:06PM] Loading game...
[07/31/2015 - 09:47:06PM] warning: Variable SAM on script slcumshotscript has an invalid type SAM_QuestScript loaded from save. This variable will be skipped.

As always, thanks for all the hard work on this, Ashal.

I'm using RC1 pulled form Git a few hours ago and I'm seeing a couple of issues.

AllowedCreature() is returning True for chickens despite their not having any animations. They also pass ValidateActor().

There appears to be a problem with FindAvailableActor() which is generating numerous "out of range" errors:

Example

[08/02/2015 - 05:34:39PM] ERROR: Array index 29 is out of range (0-24)
stack:
    [sexLabQuestFramework (0A000D62)].sslthreadlibrary.FindAvailableActor() - "sslThreadLibrary.psc" Line 34
    [sexLabQuestFramework (0A000D62)].sexlabframework.FindAvailableActor() - "SexLabFramework.psc" Line 247
    [slac_Utility (6F003322)].slac_utility.checkForEngagement() - "slac_Utility.psc" Line 312
    [Active effect 6 on  (8205BBAF)].slac_ActiveCreatureScript.OnEffectStart() - "slac_ActiveCreatureScript.psc" Line 24
[08/02/2015 - 05:34:39PM] [slainternalscr <sla_Internal (14083137)>]: Whiterun Guard got 2 exposure for  watching sex of Prisoner
[08/02/2015 - 05:34:39PM] ERROR: Array index 28 is out of range (0-24)
stack:
    [sexLabQuestFramework (0A000D62)].sslthreadlibrary.FindAvailableActor() - "sslThreadLibrary.psc" Line 34
    [sexLabQuestFramework (0A000D62)].sexlabframework.FindAvailableActor() - "SexLabFramework.psc" Line 247
    [slac_Utility (6F003322)].slac_utility.checkForEngagement() - "slac_Utility.psc" Line 312
    [Active effect 6 on  (8205BBAF)].slac_ActiveCreatureScript.OnEffectStart() - "slac_ActiveCreatureScript.psc" Line 24
[08/02/2015 - 05:34:39PM] ERROR: Array index 27 is out of range (0-24)
stack:
[08/02/2015 - 05:34:39PM] ERROR: Array index 26 is out of range (0-24)
stack:
[08/02/2015 - 05:34:39PM] ERROR: Array index 25 is out of range (0-24)
stack:

This is how I'm using the function (same as for 1.59):

akVictim = SexLab.FindAvailableActor(akAttacker, slacConfig.engageRadius, slacConfig.npcVictimSexValue, IgnoreRef1 = IgnoredActors[0], IgnoreRef2 = IgnoredActors[1], IgnoreRef3 = IgnoredActors[2], IgnoreRef4 = IgnoredActors[3])

The code for that function does not appear to have changed since 1.59 so I'm not sure what's causing this.

My apologies for the state of this log; I'm working on a new version of Aroused Creatures at the same time.

Papyrus.0.log

In the broken save, the only thing that appears on the log after "loading game" is something about the quest scrip of SexlabCumshot having a wrong value when looking for SAM quest (I never had SAM installed)

[07/31/2015 - 09:47:06PM] Loading game...
[07/31/2015 - 09:47:06PM] warning: Variable SAM on script slcumshotscript has an invalid type SAM_QuestScript loaded from save. This variable will be skipped.

SexLab Cumshot is a very old mod. It had already problems with SexLab 1.59c.

You should ask the author to update it.

If the author will not answer, then maybe I can do a new mod for it, by recycling its NIF (that is pretty much the only required item.)

Hi Ashal!

Thanks for the RC, very very exciting. However...

I did a new install and started a new game with the RC. All SL related mods were deactivated/ not installed until Riverwood. There, inside Alvor's house, I first installed the RC, activated it and waited 10 minutes, before making a save. I didn't customize SL at this time. I installed Matchmaker to test if it worked and it did (YAY)

Then, one by one, I installed and activated SL dependent mods, waiting 10 mins (or more) after the MCM installed message popped up. Once all the SL dependent mods were installed, I started, again one by one, customizing the installed mods and checking with Matchmaker to see if it still worked. And yay! It did :D

Saving the best for last, I then did a "clean install", so SL would reregister and recognize added animations (MNC etc). Checked with Matchmaker, everything still worked. Uninstalled Matchmaker, saved, reloaded and waited 10 mins, saved again. Checked last save with Save Tool, no issues.

Finally I customized SL and noticed two problems (which I reported before):

1. Toggling the aggresive animations, my selections are not saved. First time, I could select and deselect all the available animations, closed the menu, then checked and nothing is checked anymore. Second time, I could select a few animations, before the MCM stopped responding. Closed the menu, checked again... nothing selected. Third time, I selected animations "page by page", meaning selecting the wanted animations on 1 page, closing menu, going back and select on the following page etc. This time whenever I went back to the menu, the animations were still selected. When done, I saved the game. Checked one last time and... nothing was selected anymore... This only happens on the "toggle Aggressive" page. The other pages are saved as I selected them.

2. Giving up on the above, I tried masturbating (holding N key). The animation played. Then I went to save the game and as soon as I clicked "New Save" I got a CTD.

I checked this with other animations and after the animation played just fine, going to save causes a CTD.

I checked the papyrus logs and there is absolutely nothing that indicates that anything went wrong. Attached are the logs. Let me know if you need more information.

- Moo.

Papyrus.0.log

PapyrusUtilDev.log

SexLab.log

Character jumping when pressing spacebar in free camera mode still happens in 1.6 RC1. Fix it please.

And looks like i found another bug: when you using sex on the bed for first time, after scene end player teleporting to the exit from current location. It still happening after few tries on a row. Btw, after changing location that was never happened again.

Nope, after reloading save it happened again. I don't know what can make that, sex starting with submit mod.

Sometimes it happens when characters undressing: PC teleported to the exit door for a second and then back with sex animation starting. So maybe sexlab position picker sometimes wrong and picks random/incorrect coord values for player?

That's Not A Bug, The Default TFC Hotkey Is The Same As The Default Skyrim Jump Key, Just Change The Hotkey And You'll Be All Set.

What dies this error mean?

[08/02/2015 - 11:14:43PM] SEXLAB -- sslUtility.PushForm -- DEVELOPMENT DEPRECATION, MOTHER FUCKER - Check PapyrusUtil.psc alternative.

Some of the mods that are using SexLab are using deprecated functions.

The "PushForm" and similar functions are deprecated. The one from PapyrusUtils should be used.

But a huge amount of mods are still using the old ones. (The new ones were available a while ago, they are not introduced in 1.60)

The mod will still work, because SexLab 1.60 internally redirect to the new functions, but put this "[beep]" message in the PapyrusLog.

That's Not A Bug, The Default TFC Hotkey Is The Same As The Default Skyrim Jump Key, Just Change The Hotkey And You'll Be All Set.

The default TFC key in Num3, not Spacebar. Spacebar is the default "stage advance" key for when you turn "auto advance" off, and worked in previous versions with no player jumping during sex scenes. That means it's not functioning as intended and is, therefore, a bug.

What dies this error mean?

[08/02/2015 - 11:14:43PM] SEXLAB -- sslUtility.PushForm -- DEVELOPMENT DEPRECATION, MOTHER FUCKER - Check PapyrusUtil.psc alternative.

Some of the mods that are using SexLab are using deprecated functions.

The "PushForm" and similar functions are deprecated. The one from PapyrusUtils should be used.

But a huge amount of mods are still using the old ones. (The new ones were available a while ago, they are not introduced in 1.60)

The mod will still work, because SexLab 1.60 internally redirect to the new functions, but put this "[beep]" message in the PapyrusLog.

Then I think it should also send an "e-slap" to the mod author to update :-)

2pm PDT on Sunday 8/2, I see a patch for 1.60 Beta 1 to RC1,

And I see 1.60 b2 Full,

but not patches for 2b to RC1.

unless 2b really is RC1, but my reading back a few posts (very few) says rc1 is superior to 2b

I'd like to report that all creature issues seem to be resolved in the candidate version. Still have a few to test but i tried this with MNC pretty comprehensively cycling through each stage with each creature (amongst other things) and all the previous glitches have been addressed.

Thanks Ashal!