"What are you playing" thread

When I started the intro said "There's an elder dragon" and after years o' playin' guildwars I inwardly facepalmed and went "Goddamit not again."

Then they gave me a pink kitten and a giant set of bagpipes made of iron and said go twat things up the head with it. It is indeed the fun sort o' silliness.

Though, admittedly, I spend more time trying to make my palico look stupid than actually huntin' monsters.

9 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Why have I not heard of this Cat and Girl game before? This looks exactly like the sort of silliness I'd be into.

While indeed a hilarious cutscene, the main part is about murdering giant monsters. Not "Dead Space 3" giant, but a lot more giant than Skyrim pygmy-giant giant ?

While a great game, still a japanese console port. Buyer beware.

Let's just say, make sure your PCs cooling works, and don't expect to make use of that 165Hz monitor ?

Fuck I would play monster hunter with cute cats, but my rig don't run it ?

I can't even play the boring Henry adventures in the Bohemian kingdom, but well I can mod Oblivion to that.

I guess I need create a khajiit :O 

btw I play deadfire and rome 2.

On 8/10/2018 at 1:53 AM, CPU said:

nice, ive added it to my background images as well

mafia 3 is one of the psn plus games this month but too many games come out in september!! probably wont have time to play

im playing rise of the tomb raider, man i still have games from early 2017! to catch up on?

Picked up an Everdrive for my Super Nintendo. Now I can play my roms directly on my SNES harddrive, making in no longer emulation. Plus the SNES fits the living room a lot better  and is more user friendly than trying to hook up some clunky old rig/laptop just to use emulators (My main PC stays in my bedroom: one does not simply play BDSM sex themed Skyrim mods in the living room?).

Decided to use the Everdrive as an excuse to try some of the many SNES RPGs that I either never got around to trying or where never released in the States. Checking out Romancing Saga 1 for now.

After trying various translated Japan only games on the Everdrive I decided to go with Seiken Densetsu 3 first, the pseudo-sequel to Secret of Mana. So I'm off playing a ditzy, bikini-clad princess turned sorceress who has been charged with saving the world (my kind of plot, lol).

I also have a completely rebalanced version of Ogre Battle to try. Been fun dusting off the old SNES.

On 8/23/2018 at 2:24 AM, MrEsturk said:

After trying various translated Japan only games on the Everdrive I decided to go with Seiken Densetsu 3 first, the pseudo-sequel to Secret of Mana. So I'm off playing a ditzy, bikini-clad princess turned sorceress who has been charged with saving the world (my kind of plot, lol).

I also have a completely rebalanced version of Ogre Battle to try. Been fun dusting off the old SNES.

Seiken Densetsu 3 is far superior to any other Secret of Mana imo. I loved it so much and the class system was so rewarding. Getting the final class felt amazing.

1 hour ago, Jerbsinator said:

Seiken Densetsu 3 is far superior to any other Secret of Mana imo. I loved it so much and the class system was so rewarding. Getting the final class felt amazing.

Been enjoying it so far. I'm only at level 11 and just got to the wind stone caves. Hit up the wine a bit too much last night and had to give up on trying to solve the air vent puzzles until I was a bit more sober?

I really like that you get to choose your characters at the beginning. That teenage pretty boy arch-type that JRPG devs seem to love so much is my least favorite type of character to play in video games so I prefer JRPGs that let you be something else. I prefer more of a Conan/Astaroth/Nightmare type when I pick a male character.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, that's it for Monster Hunter World for me then. Constant cowering, being tossed around and general sissyfits whenever an overgrown bat does pretty much anything, and having to use the cure health, poison or some other shit when not, is not shit i put up with. The game is more dangerous to peripherals than all Dark Souls combined. Gael might've been a pain in the ass, but at least it was possible to evade all his attacks if you're good enough.

If there is one thing i don't tolerate in games, it's stunlocks. And that is close enough.

Not sure if that belongs to this, or the rant thread, or the "what pisses you off" thread ?

On topic, might as well restart Battletech then. It's got new pilot abilities in beta branch. And also trying to escape Fort Joy in DOS2DE, serious restartitis problem with that one, but i think having a team with each member having both magical and physical attack capability is the ticket. Let me just test that against the slugs and the Houndmaster...

Also noticed that the old Zone of the Enders 2 was released for PC last week, need to get that one at some point. It was quite fun back on PS2.

On 8/10/2018 at 7:33 PM, ToJKa said:

While indeed a hilarious cutscene, the main part is about murdering giant monsters. Not "Dead Space 3" giant, but a lot more giant than Skyrim pygmy-giant giant ?

While a great game, still a japanese console port. Buyer beware.

Let's just say, make sure your PCs cooling works, and don't expect to make use of that 165Hz monitor ?

yes Huge animals, but also huge weapons. ?
no normal Human could use these weapons, unless this char has external exoskeleton with built-in hydraulics.

that is the reason why I do not play Asian Games, everything exorbitantly exaggerated. :classic_wink:

Spoiler

Spoiler

067490.jpgMH.jpg

1 hour ago, winny257 said:

yes Huge animals, but also huge weapons. ?
no normal Human could use these weapons, unless this char has external exoskeleton with built-in hydraulics.

that is the reason why I do not play Asian Games, everything exorbitantly exaggerated. :classic_wink:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

067490.jpgMH.jpg

They aren't Earth humans so it is possible that they evolved to be hardier or that their atmosphere has more oxygen in it just like prehistoric Earth had to be able to support mega-fauna like Dinosaurs and giant insects.

47 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

They aren't Earth humans so it is possible that they evolved to be hardier or that their atmosphere has more oxygen in it just like prehistoric Earth had to be able to support mega-fauna like Dinosaurs and giant insects.

yes, it's but not just this game, almost all games in the Asian region, have oversized weapons. :classic_wink:

Spoiler

TERA-playing-gunner.jpg43807.jpgTERA-Arcane-Gunner-screenshot-8.jpg

It's just fantasy, but one should stay on the carpet, otherwise one could think, that these games were made for kids. :classic_tongue:

Here is a little example from reality :classic_laugh:

• 3 weeks later...