(OLD) Pregnancy Weighted TBBP Body for Bodyslide++

Dec 20: Version 2.0. Major reorganization of files and build system; Inclusion of many required .bsd files in main download; Complete reweight of all models; Removal of Breast01 bone to expedite or make possible conversion of additional outfits without going over the 4 weights per vertex limit; Addition of CT77 Archmage Robes and Keos Wench outfit; Overall backend improvements; Added optional normal map; Relabeling.

Major revisions all around, and I added two new outfits.

Mod has been converted to Bodyslide2... not that I had to really do anything, it was more of an organizational change.

Please see new topic:

[PSB] Pregnancy Scaling Body - for Bodyslide2

Old Versions:

i get CTD when getting my character naked

but I'm using the latest version of xpms....

If that's the case, then I'm afraid I can't help you. Either it's femalebody_0 and/or femalebody_1 or skeleton_female.nif and/or skeletonbeast_female.nif. The behavior file (or lack thereof) should not cause a ctd.  I can only recommend reinstalling those components because I cannot recreate your crash with a proper installation.

Okay I want to make sure I'm using the right skeleton 

I'm using the latest xpms: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26800/? (though I did download it with mod manager with the joy of persepective config added)

Should I just manually install this? And if so which folder should i use?

thanks

skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female  is where skeletons should go. That is, unless you're using a custom race which uses it's own skeleton... in which case, i can't say.

Joy of perspective might be your problem. That's a first person skeleton that uses the 3rd person model, if I'm not mistaken. And it doesn't seem to have a belly node.

That was likely an oversight by xp32. Honestly, it would be pretty cool to look down and see a huge belly.

Here, drop this skeleton in your skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\_1stperson folder and see if it doesn't fix it.

Actually it doesn't look TBBP compatible either. I'll take a look at that mod later.

I might be able to whip something up. For now, the default 1st person skeleton in that installer comes with all the nodes.

Okay I want to make sure I'm using the right skeleton 

I'm using the latest xpms: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26800/? (though I did download it with mod manager with the joy of persepective config added)

Should I just manually install this? And if so which folder should i use?

thanks

skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female  is where skeletons should go. That is, unless you're using a custom race which uses it's own skeleton... in which case, i can't say.

Joy of perspective might be your problem. That's a first person skeleton that uses the 3rd person model, if I'm not mistaken. And it doesn't seem to have a belly node.

That was likely an oversight by xp32. Honestly, it would be pretty cool to look down and see a huge belly.

Here, drop this skeleton in your skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\_1stperson folder and see if it doesn't fix it.

Actually it doesn't look TBBP compatible either. I'll take a look at that mod later.

I might be able to whip something up. For now, the default 1st person skeleton in that installer comes with all the nodes.

If I install CBBE and Bodyslide++, the xp32 skeleton and Joy of Perspective, then I can build meshes using the normal TBBP skeleton in Bodyslide++ without issues. The TBBP animations don't work in 1st person, but everything else works fine, no CTD.

If I build the meshes using the TBBP Belly skeleton, then the game crashes when I unequip my clothes. I don't know enough about skeletons and meshes to make a guess as to why this happens, but it seems weird. I hope you can fix it.

If I install CBBE and Bodyslide++, the xp32 skeleton and Joy of Perspective, then I can build meshes using the normal TBBP skeleton in Bodyslide++ without issues. The TBBP animations don't work in 1st person, but everything else works fine, no CTD.

If I build the meshes using the TBBP Belly skeleton, then the game crashes when I unequip my clothes. I don't know enough about skeletons and meshes to make a guess as to why this happens, but it seems weird. I hope you can fix it.

Oh okay, that was a misread of my part. The breast01 bones were just buried in the hierarchy in nifskope, kind of half-hidden, as sometimes happens with complex skeletons. I should have just taken a closer look because it looks like I already solved the issue.

I've added a 1stSKJOP skeleton with belly node to the OP.

Just tried the skeleton.nif file, and every NPC in game now walks around with their heads between their feet o.O..

Will investigate this further...

Edit... Apparently it was the SOS XPMS skeleton that blew every male NPC's head off...

Have now followed everything to the letter, and still no prego belly, and still crashings at random...

Okay I don't get this at all

I'm using your tbbp belly mod in bodyslide

and using the correct version of xpms with the belly node, and still no belly!

I even went as far as opening up the skeleton and setting the belly node scale to 10 and still nothing!!?

idk what I'm doing wrong....

edit - when I load up skyrim and resume a saved game, I can see the belly for just a split second then it goes away!!! what can be causing this?

Tested this with both Estrus Chaurus and SexLab Procreation, and it is working perfectly for me.  Nice work!

Haven't tried the Joy of Perspective mod, so I don't know whether the 1stSKJOP patch works.

I've tried the Joy of Perspective fix and I can confirm that it works.

Just tried the skeleton.nif file, and every NPC in game now walks around with their heads between their feet o.O..

Will investigate this further...

I think you should be putting the (Joy of Perspective fix) skeleton.nif file in the meshes/actors/character/_1stperson folder (rename/overwrite/delete the original skeleton.nif there--after you have installed the Joy of Perspective mod and then the XPMS skeleton, in that order, of course). It should work after that, as it did for me (it doesn't mess with any third person skeletons and allows you to see your weighted-belly without the pointy glitches).

---

Notes on any custom bodies created with belly-weighted meshes: Try to limit any changes to the Belly and BigBelly sliders and get them close to default as possible, or just leaving them at 0% (Belly between 100 to 200% seem okay, but not perfect--I haven't tried negative numbers, but positive numbers seem to affect the overall shape). Adding to PregnancyBelly and TummyTuck will give odd results, keep these at 0% (double pregnancy doesn't really work well, apparently--unless you want a pointy tummy). Waist, WideWaistLine, and ChubbyWaist will affect the belly shape, but the changes are minor. The changes to the belly shape are noticeable only when the belly node is enlarged, so you won't see any BodySlider awkwardness until the belly grows large in-game.

Awesome job on providing this zecoron, and keep it up! I myself was working on a BodySlider compatible variant of the belly-weighted body mesh and kept running into technical difficulties between conversions, trying to get it to work. After you released your version and I got around to testing it, I finally found the solution that worked. It's not too different than what you have provided as it was mainly just a skin influence edit for the breasts and butt with the added belly node--made primarily for those who want to increase breast and butt sizes with the in-game changeracemenu sliders or any other skeleton node-scaling mods, but dislike the odd shapes the TBBP mesh provides at overly large sizes (though do take note that the weights are a little heavy to accommodate for the shapes so animations may seem a bit exaggerated)--so I integrated my BSDismemberSkinInstance node into your file if you, or anyone interested, wants to check it out.

You can find the edited file here (feel free to use it as an optional replacer/mesh choice if you like or convert it over to a standalone, I don't mind):

DragonflyTBBP_Belly-edited_weights.zip

Edit: Fixed some minor weighting issues.

Edit (2013-July-17): Fixed some minor weighting issues (under the breasts).

You can find the edited file here (feel free to use it as an optional replacer/mesh choice if you like or convert it over to a standalone, I don't mind):

attachicon.gifDragonflyTBBP_Belly-edited_weights.zip

Cool. Keep coming up with new ideas. I think there's a lot of different ways we can tackle this.

I had actually had the opposite kind of idea. Right now I'm working on a mesh that has breast weights on the belly, so the stomach itself can use tbbp animations... unfortunately it's not a 'compatibility' solution, because of all the things that scale these two for different reasons. So, I think I'll try and tweak the behavior file instead, kind of like the butt animations on TBBP.

Could someone who has gotten this to work attach their actual femalebody_0 and femalebody_1 files so that I can check if my bodyslide installation is not working or if something else is causing it to fail.

You can just rename the source nif to femalebody_0, and femalebody_1 and overwrite your bodies, it won't be cosmetically correct at the seams, but it has the same file structure before and after bodyslide... or should. Either way I think it's probably "something else," that's causing your issue.

Okay I don't get this at all

I'm using your tbbp belly mod in bodyslide

and using the correct version of xpms with the belly node, and still no belly!

I even went as far as opening up the skeleton and setting the belly node scale to 10 and still nothing!!?

idk what I'm doing wrong....

edit - when I load up skyrim and resume a saved game, I can see the belly for just a split second then it goes away!!! what can be causing this?

Sounds like a mod issue with you. If you saw it at both extremes it means the body and skeleton are working. One of your mods is resetting the scale.

Is it possible to make the converted armors unique to the player as well as the pregnant body type based on weight rather than skeleton?

That would be another system entirely. Short answer, yes.

There should be solutions like the one you're looking for detailed in the mod pages I linked in the op.

Having unique armors for the player is totally irrelevant for anything converted using this method, as the belly only shows up when a mod specifically scales that node for that actor.