Combat Stance Reanimation

Seriously there's always a big lack of stabbing in games these days.

You could try this power attack here: attachicon.gifCrapStab.rar

I name it like that because it's stabbing the crap out of opponents. Not a lunge but a kind of sliding move, covering a lot of terrain.

The best thing about it: You can choose which power attack to replace with it! Select the one you want to replace (after backing up the currently installed power attack in question) and overwrite it with the corresponding one from the archive above. For the standing attack you'd need to pick the first one, "TwohandSkill1AttackPower".

In other words - the archive contains five times the same stab as a replacement for any of your five power attacks.

You know, this is actually pretty cool. Would be perfect if it didn't make you slide 9,001 miles forward when used though.

That's true. It can be considered a DMC 'Stinger' attack on crack.

Even more fun when it is in the '_Male' folder and every enemy is using the attack...

It's really hard to sidestep opponents - they tend to turn in mid-slide to face you when you're trying to dodge the stab. Especially Dremora love doing that.

But as I said, I find that excessive breast jumping even when still, totally unrealistic, and it kills the immersion for me. So Im not interested. I wont do it. Under any circumstances

Hell yes, I agree. Animate what you like, not what others want. :)

It's Tona's 'Airy Lily' outfit (armored version). Part of this mod - a collection of Tona's outfits, a nice store with extra goodies like photo studios, a fitting room and a ridiculously overpowered 'hidden' weapon in the basement, and an adjacent player home cottage.

Thanks for the link, that's some nice stuff. Still haven't had a chance to play with your anims yet, power brown out crashed my computer while I was mucking around and now OBMM shows my mods but doesn't understand that I installed them with it, so I have to restart from scratch. Hoping too before the evening is out here.

• 1 month later...

Just updating this, I'm releasing v2.0

No major changes except, well... stuff

Tweaked a bit 1H and 2H, exaggerated breathing effect, (still trunk based, I looked into the possibility of moving breasts for breathing, and It just didn't make sense)

HOWEVER... Added bouncing breasts to H2H anims (sparring jump)... And I cant really remember what else...

Anyway... its done

• 2 years later...

Another version coming soon, made a few tweaks here and there... attempt to make them more unisex with fair balance between looking stylish, but also suitable for both genders without having males looking sissy or females looking like gorillas

Oblivion uses the same skeleton for both genders so It's hard to achieve this at 100%

Added more variations (Lots of them)

Build an entire floating staff pack of animations... siilar to lich style but a bit more natural... and it's not ported from a creature so...

WHich brings me to my Question:

BLOCKHEAD

Any chance anybody knows how to use this for player only animations?

Currently I was using an old Specialanims.esp file which did exactly this, but it was limited to idles and a few attack animations, the rest were still taken from the normal common animation folder

Heard with blockhead it's possible to make anything player-only

Also heard it was a matter of renaming folders and placing stuff inside

Can anybody help?

I can. Take a look at this:

...\Data\Meshes\Characters\_Male\specialanims\blockattack_BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007.kf

Explanation:

- use the "specialanims" folder to take advantage of this particular Blockhead feature;

- "The first part of the filename must follow the same naming convention as the vanilla game"

- The _BLKD part is necessary to mark this animation as "Blockhead controlled"

- The _PERNPC part specifies that the animation is intended for a specific Actor

- The _Oblivion.esm part specifies the master or plugin that contains the Actor

- The final _00000007 is the BaseID of the Actor (for the player character the BaseID is 00000007, while the RefID is 00000014)

Hope this helps.

Oh, and this is no secret knowledge: it's all contained in Blockhead's Readme.

Sure, that document could use some more commented examples, like the one I posted here.

I see here and at Nexus some people keep complaining about the lack of No MaaM style breast motion

But as I said, I find that excessive breast jumping even when still, totally unrealistic, and it kills the immersion for me. So Im not interested. I wont do it. Under any circumstances

As I also stated, I preach freedom of mod, so I wont get angry if anybody decides to add No MaaM BBB motion to the breasts, but I, wont do it

Its a waste of my time doing something Im not interested in... sorry...

There is an easier way to make breast motion.

Easier way is to use gerra6 pose converter:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/53-pose-converter/

more difficult way is the i been doing it is to use blender own physics.

The way was to duplicate the upper body part of the female body mesh. delete all other part of the mesh you do not need then build an ik for the breast and on the duplicated mesh you can then set it up with the option:

object mode physics button turn the mesh into softbody and then use the settings to tweak blender physics and the use the bake option and it should create fluent breast motion, keep in mind this part is not for the faint of heart and will zap allot of time to complete the bigger the animation is.

I can. Take a look at this:

...\Data\Meshes\Characters\_Male\specialanims\blockattack_BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007.kf

Explanation:

- use the "specialanims" folder to take advantage of this particular Blockhead feature;

- "The first part of the filename must follow the same naming convention as the vanilla game"

- The _BLKD part is necessary to mark this animation as "Blockhead controlled"

- The _PERNPC part specifies that the animation is intended for a specific Actor

- The _Oblivion.esm part specifies the master or plugin that contains the Actor

- The final _00000007 is the BaseID of the Actor (for the player character the BaseID is 00000007, while the RefID is 00000014)

Hope this helps.

Oh, and this is no secret knowledge: it's all contained in Blockhead's Readme.

Sure, that document could use some more commented examples, like the one I posted here.

:D Noted. Gone testing and if works, next version should be fully Blockheaded

Dude, this got an update?

10/10 im gonna r8 this again

:) Much appreciated!

There is an easier way to make breast motion.

Easier way is to use gerra6 pose converter:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/53-pose-converter/

more difficult way is the i been doing it is to use blender own physics.

The way was to duplicate the upper body part of the female body mesh. delete all other part of the mesh you do not need then build an ik for the breast and on the duplicated mesh you can then set it up with the option:

object mode physics button turn the mesh into softbody and then use the settings to tweak blender physics and the use the bake option and it should create fluent breast motion, keep in mind this part is not for the faint of heart and will zap allot of time to complete the bigger the animation is.

Hm... noted... But it... confuses me now... I'll focuse on getting the thing working and then we'll se about breas motion... just for lulz. Not thah there's any special actually needed here. That's more for sex mods I'd say right?

does anyone know how well this goes with the first person camera body obse plugin?

i once installed some animation mod and the usual first person animations used for arms would interfere with the ones from the animations and i could sometimes see my own neck.

OBSE Plugin?

No idea

But OR changed my camera to 3rd person animations on 1st person view... everything is fine so far, except for the hand to hand blocking animation which covers your face and maybe running animations because of directions, nothing serious though.

Besides I'm making alternate running anims to do this thing in original directions

Depending on how many animations and what you are trying to do, I've found loading them into blender and doing the breast bounce manually often produces the best results in the fastest time.  Again, depending on how many you have (or need) I'd be happy to take a crack at animating the breasts for you.  I'd either need the kf file or the blend file.  Up to you.

Breasts are easy compared to doing the rest of the animation.   :P

Cheers,

Greg

Depending on how many animations and what you are trying to do, I've found loading them into blender and doing the breast bounce manually often produces the best results in the fastest time.  Again, depending on how many you have (or need) I'd be happy to take a crack at animating the breasts for you.  I'd either need the kf file or the blend file.  Up to you.

Breasts are easy compared to doing the rest of the animation.   :P

Cheers,

Greg

Thanks Greg! that's a great offer... I was doing that exact same thing for the few animations i thought actually needed boob jumps, but I took the "original" breast moving cycle mimicking other animations I found out there, figured the walking and running was fine so I just kept using those as templates. Same for turning anims, except those ones dont mimic anything other than my own making.

But maybe it's not always natural... Tell you what, I'll launch a beta test here, see how the thing goes and if it's not enough, I could use the help on finishing touches... just to spare me the time, and dedicate to other projects since this is such a nice offer :P

Probably not much to animate though... just need to check on the "natural" looks of it

----------------------------------

@DeadSomething

You're welcome :)

@QuiteTheTail

Oh MY FREAKING GOD

IT WORKS!!

I don't have any intelligent words left to thank you.

That's very enlightening knowledge and easily explained

I have this pshychological thorn bugging me about mods with scrips and complex command and name using... like when somebody tells you they hate math no matter how much you tell them you love them. That's me and scripting.

But this is something I can understand. Still million years away to fully understanding the extents of Blockhead but it is something.

Long story short, it worked BUT...

For the floating staff animation pack, I made the largest number of alternate animations, because I had to include equip/unequip, attack, jumping etc...

I met a problem on the attack animation.

Sometimes it plays, sometimes it doesnt ant it reverses to the normal attack anim instead of the blockheaded one. This happens especially when attacking from an idle stance, I'll let people see it on the beta.

A friend suggested we tell ShadeMe about it and see if it's a Blockhead thing, but I'll run the beta first

Back soon, with a 3.0 beta... now off to sleep

Bad news for you Alquimista.

According to Blockhead's Readme:

"An NPC can be affected by more than one override at the same time – The engine has the final say on which animation file gets used (the actual mechanics of the picking logic is yet to be discovered/understood)". So, it's indeed a Blockhead thing, but there's nothing to do about it (at least for now). I think that using scripting (meh...) instead of static overrides could solve the problem, but I'm not even sure. ShadeMe (or Paarturnax, perhaps) is definitely the only one that can answer this question.

P.S.

A small correction: in the example I made, I said "the BaseID". True only for Oblivion.esm, but in general the BaseID stripped of the FormID must be used. Example: your mod has FormID "0F", and the NPC it adds to the game has BaseID 0F005E64.

For Blockhead animation override, we will use 00005E64. This is smart, as any change to the load order will be ininfluential.

The correct FormID is retrieved using the (specifed) mod name.

To be honest, I'm tired... I dont really care for this problem if it's not my fault. Vanilla staff attack animation it's not that horrible either, only problem is it returns to the ground to use it, when the special pack is all about floating.

But again, it's not my fault. I'll mention it to ShadeMe in case there's anybody home and with a bit of luck they can fix it.

This problem is beyond my comprehension or ability to fix.

The animation works and I did my homework.

If it's too bad to have random attack on one animation, one can always rename it and use the pack as a replacer... or put it on a CM or something. I'm not sure but maybe the original SpecialAnims.esp allowed staff specials? After all, it came with that Spellsinger staff mod.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK. BETA TIEM!

Combat Stance Reanimation.rar

CORE: There is a Core pack with the intended enhanced animations. Also a Specialanims folder with blockheaded variations so you character can look even cooler.

Variations: There's a Variations pack with variations (Duh). It is separated by category of weapon and then subfolders containing individual variations, some have none, others have lots of them.

MAIN is the word i used to refer the ones that already were in the Core pack just in case one needs backup.

Then I used names to call other variations to get an idea what it is you're installing, pics would be better, but that's all there is for now.

All variations material is intended to overrite stuff in Specialanims folder as they're blockheaded.

Some variations may be weird, and  intended for special types of weapons we may or may not see very often in Oblivion

On the staff folder, there's a "Stylich" style which are the floating ones.

As mentioned above, the atack one is weird functioning, but that's another modder's fault.

REQUIRED: I shouldn't even mention it but it NEEDS BLOCKHEAD now or the special material wont work unless you rename it and put in on a different folder

BBB: I did a fair amount of boob jumping but nothing exaggerated as I was tired and was just aiming for "normal". Some of it were made by replicating other animations's structures, most of them were attempted by some kind of animating logic.

MANLY APLHA MALE MACHO PEOPLE:

If you play male, this is an important part of the testing as I did NOT made gender based animations

However my last attempt tries to make them any-gender-friendly. "No sissy males, no female gorillas"

OFC... I'm also using my outfit redesign mod which remodels clothing into something decent instead of those wine barrels Bethesda gave us for armor, so males have shape, and this shape and thinner-ness allows some animations which would look sissy, look less sissy, but that's my game and I need to know what happens in other places.

WALKING, DIRECTIONS AND PERSPECTIVE: By popular demand of people using first person view mods -among which I cant count myself too now, thanks to Oblivion reloaded (I didn't even ask for it)- I made walking variations which do not turn your face from the front. "Turn" folder is the old versions in which have your character look at you when going backwars for example. "Dont Turn" actually moves backwards, so you see your char's back instead.

• 3 years later...