Combat Stance Reanimation

View File

Oblivion Combat Stance Reanimation v3.0

Combat Stance Reanimation v3.0
------------------------------
Tired of the bad vanilla idles? Had enough of your character looking afraid to fight when holding a weapon?
This animation replacer might just be what you need.

These are replacements for all the idles when in combat, it includes complementary animations
-Standing and Turning
-Blocking
-Walking and Running
-Casting

For screenshots check the Nexus page

Requirements:
----------------
Blockhead

Installation:
-------------
Core folder contains the main animation pack. Meshes folder inside it must be installed in your game Data folder
Recomended: Delete any previous versions, and delete Specialanims.esp plugin if you have one.

Variations folder is full of optional settings. They usually go installed in Specialanims folder under _male folder (which is where the rest of the normal animations go in the game folder tree) But I've provided an extra readme with more dateiled instructions

Changes in v3.0:
----------------

• Tweaked everything attempting to achieve a more neutral/unisex state for all animations. "No sissy males, no female gorillas" It's difficult since we have to deal with a game which uses the same skeleton for both genders and gave us wine barrels for clothing which makes males look fat and sissy... But I tried, And I think It's down to reasonable levels now.

• Made a few optional gender based variations still just in case
  • Lots and lots of variations, which now require Blockhead to be used among which there are from just normal variations, like how a weapon is being held to more elaborate ones to holding them in a different weapon type stance (like a combat staff, or dual blades) or even a new combat type (like floating in a lich-like way with a staff)

Random stuff...
---------------
You liked my work?
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it, and it makes me happy to know you're enjoying my work! =)

You didn't like it?
Then shut up, don't download this and go bother someone else. Trolls will be ignored and/or reported on sight.

You want to make your own additions, change this or upload it somewhere else?
By all means proceed, only remember to put my name on it, as a measure of respect for other people's work
I'm not looking for fame, but respect is important to me.

Want more unnecessary breast bouncing?
Not gonna happen.

Credits and Thanks:
---------------------
Me of course.
Coronerra and Growlf, creators of Universal Skeleton
Creators of previous great animation mods I used as tools to understand animating and draw inspiration from.
Amsterdam2019 (DMC Stylish, Pretty Woman)
Ylden (Defying Gravity)
Resona (Animation Replacer Pack)
Shaklin (Idle Poses Replace)
Among others...
All the people who helped either with encouragement,links to useful stuff or teaching me a few things.
Thanks for your good will and patience (Sorry I didnt put you on Nexus, but Im not sure its safe to mention you there..)
-Gregathit
-Ritualclarity
-Poontank
-Dontbotherme
-D_ManXX2 (BIG thanks for the help with the kinematics problem default_biggrin.png )
-QuiteTheTail (Who helped my finally use Blockhead)
Contact
------------------------
Just send me a PM here or leave a comment on the thread (If you’re not in too much of a hurry)

Enjoy!

Congratulations! An outstanding success. And a nice presentation for the release as well.

You must be applauded for the incredible amount of work and effort you have put into this project. It takes quite a lot of dedication to even start such an endeavour, and then much patience and resolve to keep at it and follow through until the end. You have overcome hardships and pitfalls in the process and gained an amazing amount of knowledge and experience in only a short time.

To someone like me lacking the motivation to learn handling Blender it's quite an impressive feat to tackle a project in such a difficult field of 3D work.

And it's a great thing that for this merry old game still fresh new content can come into existence thanks to motivated individuals (the same applies to the 'Animations Workshop' I totally failed to acknowledge so far).

We the players/users can't thank you enough for this, given the pool of possible combat stances to choose from has just been expanded in a drastical way. I especially love the open-handed 'Vegeta-styled' casting stance. Now the silly 'finger pistol' animation I was half-assedly using for ages can finally go where the singers don't spell. Or spellers don't sing.

It wouldn't have been necessary to include me in the credits - I merely provided you with some files and user input after all.

A wise move not to mention my name on that other site.

Oh stop it you...

Im very happy to see people starting to like it!  :)

Everybody in the credits belongs there for thanks, It would have never been possible without feedback, advice and motivation.

thanks so much for your work on this. 

it is definitely not easy to find animation replacers that do all the things i want, so i end up customizing the package by mashing together animations from various sources. 

yours comes very close to perfection.

(the only personal choice that i have always liked in idles is derived from fore's bbb breathing idles.  i've attached the bowidle i've modified if you are curious.)

Thats from "Silver Ranger" mod and you added BBB breathing motion am I right?

Nice mix

I considered Silver Ranger based stance for my mod, but I decided to make my own version. I didnt like the leg positioning and the shoulder set up, looked a little "force positioned" for my taste so I gave a try at something looking more relaxed

I must acknowledge I should have looked more BBB breathing Idles, but I was under prejudice. Once I tried one and the boobs wouldnt stop jumping like crazy even when still like an ehemm... pair of invisible hands... grabbing... you know... ;), so it looked unrealistic and I discriminated it... To this one I put real BBB motion on walking, running, casting and turning. But all the Idle positions have only BBB bones enabled, so the breasts wont move but will be stabilized when still, instead of the freezing breast effect that happens when it goes from a BBB animation to a non BBB one.

I preach freedom of mod, (So I have to practice too) If you want to modify these and add more BBB motion, feel free to do so. But do tell me, so I can follow up progress and know what improvements could be done and If i like them Id probably use them myself. And also the credit is important, not for fame or power, only for respect. Said that If you have the patience to add BBB motion from BBB breathing idles...

Im taking vacation from animations. This was very tiresome to make but it was worth it  :D

Congrats on work well done. I am glad to see the final results. When I next set up Oblivion I will try out your animations.

Despite all the frustrations you still persevered to a final product and because of your efforts we now don't have pansy fighters... :P

I have also went to nexus and made a nice comment related to the efforts and work you have done for Oblivion. I will be also giving an endorsement when able to do so.

oops, that is embarrassing to attach the wrong file, but yes, i was using silver ranger and thought i had replaced it with your bow idle

i've attached bow and also 1h/2h with varying degrees of bbb movement.  please take a look and let me know what you think.  (hopefully i didn't attach wrong file this time)

not sure if you use the pose coverter tool from gerra6, but it is great for adding bbb.

i really liked the realistic bbb motion you added.

you've earned a well-deserved break from animation, i know how frustrating it can be. lol

idles.7z

This is a really great mod. I've always hated the hunched-over vanilla animations. However, the neutral idle looks rather awkward on males and the heavily armored. Is there any chance that you would release a version that makes only the player character use these animations? Or barring that, tell me what I need to do in order to make that happen? 

Someone else complained about the idle on male characters on Nexus. This is what happened:

I said (on Nexus):

Well, to tell the truth, Im not entirely satisfied with it either, Im thinking of adding a few more things to it. Specifically, more trunk oscillation and some soft arm oscillating too.
But the main reason why I think you see them more stiff in males is because male meshes are fat
When the arms are closer to the body, in skinnier bodies looks right, but in fat ones it looks stiff.
I have my own personal clothing replacement collection based on many things, like EVE, FLY collection, other replacers, my own stuff and ideas...
In my collection, male armor is made skinnier, just enough to fit Robert's male body but taking away all the extra fatness
That large collection will be shared too, one day, probably my next mods

I actually mod for three persons: me, myself and I  :P 

When I do something worth sharing I release it to the community whenever I can, but even If Im happy to see my creations making other gamers happy, my real concern is to make me happy

The thing is. It looks quite better with my personal conversions of male clothing 

And yes, I plan on releasing them some day.

But in the meantime, that idle will continue to look weird on normal male meshes, and even on the existing Robert's male conversions

So If you dont like it, just delete it.

Idle.kf

WalkTurnLeft.kf

WalkTurnRight.kf

Or...

You can place the three in specialanims folder that comes with the bonus content and the specialanims.esp and there it will be player-only  :) 

And to pringles89: Nice going, its smooth motion instead of invisible hand grabbing breasts XD

I dont know what youre using for it, but it locks every frame... IMHO, I think its easier to just make the breast breathing manually, its quite simple, all breathing cycles on my animations have 121 frames and only 1 breathing cycle (in and out) the peak breathing cycle where the lungs are supposed to most filled is only one frame marked by the clavicle bones motion. In total, the whole breathing thing is made of interactions of bones but it basically consists on 3 frames. Start, breathing peak and end.

Iwd do it myself, but I feel lazy to add the thing to 8 animations again, which have to be loaded in blender one by one, saving the thing for each of the 8 cases, exporting, changing the values in nifskope, repackaging the whole mod and re uploading it on both LL and Nexus...

Its easy but its lame and tedious, and I dont feel like doing now XD...

If you do feel like doing it, Id advice adding manually in Blender, just 3 frames, in fact only one cuz start and end are already fixed

That way youll get more synchronization with the real breathing cycle of the animation. The ones you posted have 2 breast inspirations and only 1 global inspiration. The amount of motion looks perfect, but the sync is a little weird

Hey I was just thinking reading our advice on the animations and though maybe you can create a post tutorial with some great hints and experiences that you have had. Maybe help others and help yourself get better animations in the process...

End up with bunches of little minions creating all sorts of animations.... :P All with very little effort on your part... ;)

i love your anim replacement especialy one handed idle animation. sorry cant endorse your mod in tes nexus because i dl  it from LL. Please continue your work. i looking forward for your next project. Thank you.

p.s: sorry if my english bad :blush:

i love your anim replacement especialy one handed idle animation. sorry cant endorse your mod in tes nexus because i dl  it from LL. Please continue your work. i looking forward for your next project. Thank you.

p.s: sorry if my english bad :blush:

I downloaded it from the Nexus just so that I could be able to "endorse" the mod. Doesn't matter where you originally downloaded it from. ;) I did that because I wanted to give him some much needed praise and credit. It means a lot to modders. 

You can always click the 'Like' button in the OP post! That the Lover's Lab way of endorsing stuff 'round here.

Also, I'd like to say this is the best animation pack i've used THUS FAR. Everything else was either too Anime or girly or ridiculous. I've been waiting for something like this for years man. Thank you greatly.

I also hope that after you get some much needed break time, that you work some on some custom walk/run and actual swinging/fighting animations to complete this. Do it man, I definitely want to see a Combat Stance Reanimation Part 2: Electric Boogaloo get released.

Also some advice from a guy who actually uses longswords 'n shit:

With CSR+Bonus Stuff installed...

-Two handed weapons ( well, the claymore stance to be specific ): The idle is good, very acceptable although I myself prefer to rest my sword on my shoulder, still holding it with both hands. Best way to get a visual on this is look at the Greatsword stances and animation used in Dark Souls.

-2h running animation is acceptable. Would be cool if you could follow through with this run animation by adding a new forward power attack in which the player swings vertically upwards ( as that's what you generally do with the blade in that position )

- ( Suggestion ) Make the standing power attack be a stab maybe? I was thinking the PC takes the Ochs position and lunges forward with the sword in both hands. Seriously there's always a big lack of stabbing in games these days, it's always swing it around like an oaf.

- One handed weaponry

- The base one in the base OSR package is good, not too crazy about the bonus idle.

- Shields and blocking with both weapon types is handled excellently, looks really sharp and good.

Seriously there's always a big lack of stabbing in games these days.

You could try this power attack here: CrapStab.rar

I name it like that because it's stabbing the crap out of opponents. Not a lunge but a kind of sliding move, covering a lot of terrain.

The best thing about it: You can choose which power attack to replace with it! Select the one you want to replace (after backing up the currently installed power attack in question) and overwrite it with the corresponding one from the archive above. For the standing attack you'd need to pick the first one, "TwohandSkill1AttackPower".

In other words - the archive contains five times the same stab as a replacement for any of your five power attacks.

very good points. 

i redid the bowidle with your suggestions. please take another look

*crosses fingers* lol

Looks good, added more synchronization and a realistic amount of breast movement

If you want to do this go ahead with that method, fine by me

If you do that and add the breast movement to ALL the idles, send the file and Ill put it in the OP at the bottom as extra file with your name on it  :)

I see here and at Nexus some people keep complaining about the lack of No MaaM style breast motion

But as I said, I find that excessive breast jumping even when still, totally unrealistic, and it kills the immersion for me. So Im not interested. I wont do it. Under any circumstances

As I also stated, I preach freedom of mod, so I wont get angry if anybody decides to add No MaaM BBB motion to the breasts, but I, wont do it

Its a waste of my time doing something Im not interested in... sorry...

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions!   :)

Im taking some things under consideration for future plans

But not now cause my current modding working is about putting some order in some large clothing mods I have, putting some MashUps into esps... making some tweaking and conversions to some outfits, adding BBB to them, fixing some things I dont like... 

I just finished with this order, we'll see whats next

I see here and at Nexus some people keep complaining about the lack of No MaaM style breast motion

But as I said, I find that excessive breast jumping even when still, totally unrealistic, and it kills the immersion for me. So Im not interested. I wont do it. Under any circumstances

Its your mod, mod the way you want to... :D If someone don't like it they can do like you stated, mod it the way they want it. Just like what you did. ;)

Looks good, added more synchronization and a realistic amount of breast movement

If you want to do this go ahead with that method, fine by me

If you do that and add the breast movement to ALL the idles, send the file and Ill put it in the OP at the bottom as extra file with your name on it  :)

thanks! sent you a pm with more idles for you to take a look at when you get a chance =)