A Tiny Request

Adam Jensen

Recently I installed this mod and I love it! The cool thing about it is that after getting drunk you sort of have a hangover moment and wake up in a random place, naked. I was hoping however if somebody could tell me what needs to be done in order to implement another feature. 

I would like if after the hangover you woke up without the equipment and all of it be placed in a bag on a random location, giving further rp to the hangover idea. Would this be too hard to implement? Also, he gave the script coding, which I think could help. 

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9733/?tab=2&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D9733&pUp=1

I love your idea! If nobody else picks this up, I would be happy to help start making a mod like this, but you should be forewarned that this would be heavily scripted and I'm just getting into the intermediate scripting events in the Creation Kit.

The gist of the mod would begin if:

1. The player consumes X amount of any drink/alcohol tagged in the CK

2. Tagged alcohol is consumed within Y time (to keep the quest from force-starting randomly from drinking X drinks)

3. Trigger a blackout event

4. A particular cell location would need to be loaded after Z time in blackout for the wake up phase.

Once the PC wakes up in the given cell, a quest script would trigger and add a quest and an objective which completes upon finding your equipment, finishing the quest. A really creative way to do this mod would be to make a full quest out of it where you awaken in a custom made cell that forces the player along a set linear path to where they gather clues as to what happened the night before, similar to the quest, A Night to Remember (http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/A_Night_to_Remember). In fact, you could even name the quest in a similar fashion as a funny parody, like, Another Night to Remember. This would even be a good way to trigger the quest in case someone didn't realize all their gear was gone, and also a good way to keep the player from proceeding without ever getting set onto the path to their stuff. A safe way to do this quest would be to start off in an interior cell like a cave or a building that remains blocked off until the quest is activated before releasing the player back to the world.

There's all kinds of possibilities, it all just depends on how much effort is being put forward. If a small mod team gets together, this could be a really fun quest and has lots of good hooks for other Loverslab mods in case you want to toss in some generic adult encounters/whatnot. The end of the mod could consist of sneaking into a camp of forsworn or bandits then fighting your way out, or Dovahbear played a joke on you and put it up high on a mountain, or something much easier like a short scavenger hunt in the cell you started in, instead of going out to another location in the world.

That mod from the Nexus will come in handy but we would have to ask permission and give credit, and also see if they want to help with your idea. The sky is the limit only if you don't see the footprints on the moon!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated 26 July, 13

WHLN v.7

(Work in Progress)

The Plot:

The plot of What Happened Last Night is to give the player a consequence to drinking a lot of alcohol in game. It'll start off as a quest you can trigger by buying a shady type of mead from an Imperial in an inn I created for the mod. Once you keep drinking the alcohol, you will black out and wake up in an entirely new location without any gear and a funny back story will have to be rediscovered while finding out where your gear is! Once you recover your gear you will be able to trigger minor blackouts without the massive consequences. There's also the potential for further development for other quests besides the one being created now, but these will come much later as add-ons.

Changelog:

WHLN v.7

-Created another new cell for where the quest will begin, an inn called High Rock Inn with a discoverable map point 

-Navmeshed the interior of both cells for follower support

-Created an Imperial merchant in the new inn that will eventually start the quest when scripted later

-Looking for ideas for a bandit hideout where the quest will end and you will recover your gear

WHLN v.6

-Added a little morning surprise for when you awaken in the cell (Dovahkiin sure knows how to party!)

-Added dead bandits throughout the entire cell

-Finished new 180 degree walking/running covered animations (still working on sprint, jump, sneak and all reverse animations). They can be found in the attachments below.

-Made a big mess in the tavern area 

-Scripted a few objects to trigger comical lines when activated

-Fixed a bug with the water where you would "fall through" the water

-Fixed previously released walking covered animations to avoid boob crushing (*shudders*)

-Added custom music to the cell, thanks lucioxxz!

-Started Navmeshing the playable area to add support for followers (in case it's implemented)

WHLN v.5

-Added clutter to the cell, fleshed out the entrance/bar area

-Robust the areas around the cave

-Added tables, chairs, lots of empty bottles, finished the floor for the bar, added a stage for bards/entertainers, added a kitchen and storage area

-Added a secondary camping site before the one on the island, complete with a cooking spit and unlit campfire

WHLN v.4

-Interior cell is 100% complete and ready for robusting with NPCs, clutter and scripts! Scripting and detailing already in progress!

-Cell was optimized for high FPS systems by enabling zone loading at three key junctions

-Fixed 100% of all clipping/seam issues from past releases

-Added a cave entrance to the Skyrim overworld that connects directly to the cell

-Added a scripted, pullchain-operated door at the entrance/exit to the Skyrim overworld; the door can only be operated from inside the cell. This will help keep out non quest-specific players from wandering into the play area from the outside and tampering with/exploring the cell contents prematurely

-Named the cell Hole in the Ground to give an impression of a very small cave cell in case anyone discovers the cave from the outside and wanders in; also, once the official quest begins (not completed) and you are taken to the actual cell, you'll discover that Hole in the Ground is actually the name of a secret pub owned and operated by bandits, which, upon you waking up from a night of dragon-sized drinking discover that you killed all of the bandits while blacked out, leaving you to rediscover the aftermath of the event. Lots of hilariousness is planned!

Goals:

(Current as of 7/17/13)

1. Build a plot Done!

2. Flesh out play area (cells) Done!

3. Robust play area (add details, NPCs, clutter, ect.) Done!

4. Script events  In progress...

5. Finalize changes, test for errors/bugs

6. Public release

Bugs:

-NPC's may have discolored faces until I remake the mod into an .esm (vs an .esp)

-Depending on which ENB series you use, snow may appear very bright

Continue to let me know if you see anything and I'll fix it up!

Special instructions:

-Work in progress. As always, feel free to download and playtest! Feedback and bug reporting is always appreciated and I won't send the Thalmor after you! (Seriously! And Hagravens! And mudcrabs!!)

-To reach the cell via the method that will be used by the quest, open the console (tilde key, looks like this: ~) and type in coc 000blackout and press enter.

-To reach the second cell (High Rock Inn), type into the console coc 000blackoutHighRockInn and press enter.

-To exit the Hole in the Ground cell, find the far hallway northeast of the cell and pull a chain lever to open the large door to the outside. 

Next release will have:

The main quest should be all set up and good to go! I will more than likely make the entire quest start and finish in the Hole in the Ground cell for testing, and branch it out after the bandit hideout is made.

Special thanks:

lucioxxz for the great custom music/finding the water bugs!

WrythePhokas for finding the breast bug!

Let me know what you think! Thanks again for testing!

post-180455-0-05287000-1372772663_thumb.jpg

post-180455-0-36026500-1372772668_thumb.jpg

post-180455-0-97773200-1372772688_thumb.jpg

post-180455-0-64697100-1372772712_thumb.jpg

post-180455-0-57040100-1372772720_thumb.jpg

post-180455-0-37454600-1373075372_thumb.jpg

post-180455-0-66839700-1373075378_thumb.jpg

post-180455-0-96572100-1373075383_thumb.jpg

Yes! There you go!! To do something like that, we would need a static pose from the FNIS system where the legs were not locked into the pose, just the upper body to cover up the important bits. The trick would be to get the animation to trigger and re-trigger after jumping or spell casting/going into combat mode, then deactivate when an article of torso clothing is equipped. This person who helps could also create their own nudeshy mod like the one made for Oblivion and we could just simply implement it. Fore, the creator of the FNIS system might not respond to us petty mortals for assistance in making the static animation, but there are others who may help. I could give it a try but I need to brush up on my Blender. >_>

Wouldn't it be easier to remotly access the mod, by checking if it's effects are applied and then check for their removal, to add own stuff?

Well my original idea was to only add the removal of inventory and random locations, but as always we can expand on it and the idea given here I like  very much. Whether this means creating a new drunk mod or just altering this one is unknown to me, given my lack of knowledge when it comes to modding.

My second idea was to still not touch this mods ESP at all, but run an own version of the script, that removes the drunken effect and then add the stuff you like.
Might lead to confusion, if your mod don't has the original mod as master, except it being mentioned in the description. And we all know, how much people like to read descriptions. -.-

Did something similar with SD. it's no master, but my mod delivers edited scripts as of now, so SD uses them instead and my mod can work with SDs results.

Ya, my initial idea was kinda wrong, as the mod is an ESP, which can't be used as master w/o loosing stability. it's what my experience tells me, but i'm new to modding and scripting, so i might have done things wrong.

You could use my initial idea, but if the base mod is not installed, you would spam the Papyrus log, which will not help gaining stability, as the active effect it looks for (or w/e this mod uses) is not found.

Well in the download section of the mod, he gave the script source of the mod. I think (mind you, as I said dunno much about modding) that this could be used for creating our version without need to tie it to his mod. Am I right or I am saying crazy things?

i would really like to help, but except ideas, evolved from my trys to build a mod for SD, i don't know enough about scripting to be sure to not write complete nonsense.

Maybe even my 2 ideas are already complete nonsense, as they'll never withstand a public release. :/
Not to mention, that some of SDs scripts still look like rocket science to me.

i would really like to help, but except ideas, evolved from my trys to build a mod for SD, i don't know enough about scripting to be sure to not write complete nonsense.

Maybe even my 2 ideas are already complete nonsense, as they'll never withstand a public release. :/

Not to mention, that some of SDs scripts still look like rocket science to me.

I know that feeling quite well. I would love to contribute to the modding community, but learning how to use the CK seems like a very exhaustive process and given I'm on college, I really don't have the time to learn it :/!

Yes! There you go!! To do something like that, we would need a static pose from the FNIS system where the legs were not locked into the pose, just the upper body to cover up the important bits. The trick would be to get the animation to trigger and re-trigger after jumping or spell casting/going into combat mode, then deactivate when an article of torso clothing is equipped. This person who helps could also create their own nudeshy mod like the one made for Oblivion and we could just simply implement it. Fore, the creator of the FNIS system might not respond to us petty mortals for assistance in making the static animation, but there are others who may help. I could give it a try but I need to brush up on my Blender. >_>

Brush up on your Blender. :)  The next FNIS 4.0 Beta will have exactly what you need. Beth calls it "offset idles", and FNIS will provide the place for optional arm offsets, like in bound or flower basket animations.

The only problem is time (summer time). But in about a week it could be out.

I know that feeling quite well. I would love to contribute to the modding community, but learning how to use the CK seems like a very exhaustive process and given I'm on college, I really don't have the time to learn it :/!

i am hoping for an answer from Stratovarius, as he/she is definitly more competent at scripting than i am and maybe even telling me how stupid my tries/ideas are.

Awesome news are awesome. :)

i am hoping for an answer from Stratovarius, as he/she is definitly more competent at scripting than i am and maybe even telling me how stupid my tries/ideas are.

Awesome news are awesome. :)

This isn't your average every day awesomeness. This is.....ADVANCED AWESOMENESS!

Brush up on your Blender. :)  The next FNIS 4.0 Beta will have exactly what you need. Beth calls it "offset idles", and FNIS will provide the place for optional arm offsets, like in bound or flower basket animations.

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! *screams like a schoolgirl* I will! You made my day, Fore!!! And it would be SUPER awesome if you decided to help us with this mod!  :D

This just in! Your ideas are not crazy at all!  :)

I agree that we could skip the .esp for the attached drunk mod if you'd like to be totally original; if not then it would still be great with a solo mod dependency for the effects/scripts. Including the .esp (or at least the scripts from his .esp from his page on the Nexus) would make the drunk portion much easier as it would just be a simple copy/paste in the Papyrus system (the engine that scripts events in the CK/Skyrim), not to mention complete the mod in less time overall. If we wanna solo the drunken portion, then there are some things to consider:

1. The visual effects can be called up in game via Papyrus script by setting variables for the visual effect (a good example of this is Directors Tools: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10431//?); ours would be accomplished ie.:

1a. PC drinks X amount of alcohol

1b. Set a few stages of YY time variables to trigger in sequence before Y time elapses (length of time between consumption), so stage YY1, YY2, YY3 ect. till the full drunk effect is reached

1c. Each stage of YY can add a visual message of narrative or thought as well as the visual event like blur, as well as assigning the new drunken/staggering animations

2. Once Y time is reached with X drinks consumed, a blackout effect would occur. Ideally, we would script the PC to ragdoll (fall over) for Z to trigger (event to count time before loading the new cell location) 

3. At the end of Z we can add the fade-to-black effect before loading the new cell and fade-in from black/climb out of ragdoll

As for spamming Papyrus, the time constraint of Y will keep in check the effects and not let them pile up. Once Y time passes, it removes one stage of YY until the PC is back to his completely sober self, removing all scripted events until the next adventure of Dovakiin vs Sujamma~*hick*....

In the meantime we can link updates to this page here for testing. If anyone wants it, I can offer help to educate you with my knowledge of scripting if you'd like. It's definitely one of those things that looks impossible if you don't know what's going on but is semi easy to pick up. Just bring your favorite drink (if you're of party age) and relax while you learn; you'll become a scripting Jedi master before you know it!

We can use either one; we could always remove any leveled actors (NPCs) from a vanilla cell that isn't tied to any quests, unless you wanted to make it into a stealthy escape. We could also add on to the vanilla cell to create an area only accessible for the quest when you awaken and set the exit cell to bind to the exterior entrance to a cell, that way you would come out of an existing cave or interior and would take you to the actual cell made by the developers if you went back in. It would add a funny "This isn't where I just was" feeling to the player.

If we did make a cell from scratch or add to an already existing one, we would have better control over the play path and we wouldn't have to remove things placed by the design (which is usually bad for a random quest or can break some objectives if they require that cell).

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! *screams like a schoolgirl* I will! You made my day, Fore!!! And it would be SUPER awesome if you decided to help us with this mod!  :D

Sure I will help, if I can. :)

I'm just asking that you visit the "FNIS for Modders" thread in Modder's Ressources, if you need anything.

We can use either one; we could always remove any leveled actors (NPCs) from a vanilla cell that isn't tied to any quests, unless you wanted to make it into a stealthy escape. We could also add on to the vanilla cell to create an area only accessible for the quest when you awaken and set the exit cell to bind to the exterior entrance to a cell, that way you would come out of an existing cave or interior and would take you to the actual cell made by the developers if you went back in. It would add a funny "This isn't where I just was" feeling to the player.

If we did make a cell from scratch or add to an already existing one, we would have better control over the play path and we wouldn't have to remove things placed by the design (which is usually bad for a random quest or can break some objectives if they require that cell).

That kind of reminds of this http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18441-idea-blackout/

I'm just asking that you visit the "FNIS for Modders" thread in Modder's Ressources, if you need anything.

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!   :D

That kind of reminds of this http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18441-idea-blackout/

That's a creative idea, but that would probably be best as a separate mod so we don't risk burning ourselves out on something too complex right off from the start. For our project, the best way to complete it is to break it down into small segments and flesh out one thing at a time (also a good model to follow for any project). For instance, projects usually go through 3 phases:

1. Planning phase

2. Execution phase

3. Touch-up phase

We could plot the details to first create/modify a cell for where the player character would awaken, then once we were satisfied move on to executing the scripting/quest phase. After everything is put together for a final build, we will most likely have a few things we want to change before a final product is set to stone for a public release.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to propose we begin with the easiest parts first to get our feet off the ground, then work on the more complex parts later on. Usually it's best to give everyone a task to work simultaneously for faster results, especially when certain skills are more fluent for different individuals; but since this is our first mod together, lets focus on these goals together:

(Updated 7/5/13)

1. Build a plot Done!

3. Robust play area (add details, NPCs, clutter, ect.) Nearing completion...

6. Public release

I'm happy to announce that I've already begun working on a small prototype for the interior cell for the hangover stage! One thing I want to reiterate though is, and this is more or less just housekeeping (or housecarling...): this is Grim's idea, and we will follow his lead for final decisions. What you say is law for the mod. With that said, we are all important members of this group and I recommend that nobody should be discounted in any way; everyone has an important part to play. Also bear in mind that Fore has agreed to help, but remember that he is responsible for FNIS and that takes precedence over nearly any mod in production for the overall greater impact of Skyrim; count on his help as a dragon-size privilege. Another thing I cannot stress enough is that we should not set any production time limit (unless you want to set one for others for convenience, I.E. "I'll have this part finished by tomorrow unless the forsworn kidnap me"); we all have our own personal lives and we aren't being paid by Bethesda, so have lots of fun! Everybody will perform better when they are relaxed and don't feel pressured to finish up.

What do you guys think?

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!   :D

That's a creative idea, but that would probably be best as a separate mod so we don't risk burning ourselves out on something too complex right off from the start. For our project, the best way to complete it is to break it down into small segments and flesh out one thing at a time (also a good model to follow for any project). For instance, projects usually go through 3 phases:

1. Planning phase

2. Execution phase

3. Touch-up phase

We could plot the details to first create/modify a cell for where the player character would awaken, then once we were satisfied move on to executing the scripting/quest phase. After everything is put together for a final build, we will most likely have a few things we want to change before a final product is set to stone for a public release.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to propose we begin with the easiest parts first to get our feet off the ground, then work on the more complex parts later on. Usually it's best to give everyone a task to work simultaneously for faster results, especially when certain skills are more fluent for different individuals; but since this is our first mod together, lets focus on these goals together:

1. Build a plot Done!

2. Flesh out play area (cells) In progress...

3. Robust play area (add details, NPCs, clutter, ect.)

4. Script events

6. Public release

I'm happy to announce that I've already begun working on a small prototype for the interior cell for the hangover stage! One thing I want to reiterate though is, and this is more or less just housekeeping (or housecarling...): this is Grim's idea, and we will follow his lead for final decisions. What you say is law for the mod. With that said, we are all important members of this group and I recommend that nobody should be discounted in any way; everyone has an important part to play. Also bear in mind that Fore has agreed to help, but remember that he is responsible for FNIS and that takes precedence over nearly any mod in production for the overall greater impact of Skyrim; count on his help as a dragon-size privilege. Another thing I cannot stress enough is that we should not set any production time limit (unless you want to set one for others for convenience, I.E. "I'll have this part finished by tomorrow unless the forsworn kidnap me"); we all have our own personal lives and we aren't being paid by Bethesda, so have lots of fun! Everybody will perform better when they are relaxed and don't feel pressured to finish up.

What do you guys think?

Omg you are freaking awesome :D!

Edit: These attachments are old and are only for reference! See post #2 on the first page for most recent version!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a quick post with goodies! (see attached)

Notes:

"What Happened Last Night?"

A test cell I put together for ideas, completely un-attached to the Skyrim overworld. In later versions, the exit will be to the south of Fort Neugrad, which is south of Helgen at the begiining of the game.

To install the .esp:

1. Drop whln.esp into your skyrim/data directory

2. Activate the .esp via the Skyrim launcher or Nexus Mod Manager

2a. Mod only requires main Skyrim.esm ti maximise compatability and avoid conflicts with mods

To access this area, open the Skyrim console (tilde, or ~) , type in coc 000blackout

Once you enter this cave cell, there is no escape yet since it's not attached to the overworld (I know I'm rambling, I apologize, but just wanted to make sure it's clear). To escape outside conventional means, reload a previous save or you can also escape through the console by center on cell (coc command) to teleport out of the cell.

Female Idle Covered.rar:

This file is a custom idle by generous donation of Arrok, it includes a quick nudeshy concept for female characters; once installed replaces mt_idle.hkx (default female idle, see screenshot for details). It needs tweaks a little bit but it's mostly for proof of concept for now.

Progress! Wee!!!!

(Updated 7/5/13)

1. Build a plot Done!

6. Public release

WHLN.esp

Female Idle Covered.rar

post-180455-0-50046100-1372183368_thumb.jpg

Edit: Added the latest version in the download below.

And here's another quick update!

Release Notes:

WHLN v.2
-Now when you center on the blackout cell, you will enter via the pool!
-Added a secret door, its a secret to everybody!  :)
-Added a way out of the cell back to the Skyrim overworld. There's no way to re-enter at this point but wanted to demonstrate where the entrance will be located.
It's kind of dark and scary (but depending on your video/ENB settings, it might be a little bit brighter), I'll lighten it up in v.3 and make it a happier experience. The reason why it's dark now is to get a feel for how we want it to be played.

Don't forget to type coc 000blackout into the console!  

(Updated 7/5/13)

1. Build a plot Done!

6. Public release

what happened last night v.5.rar

Edit: Added the latest version in the download below.

Update v.3!

The cell grew about 400% of the size it originally was from release v.2 and feels more organic like a cave should. We're almost ready to add cell details (NPC's, clutter, ect). Please test and post notes for me to work on when able! Also, below you will find a few concept images in case you're short on time and aren't able to test the cell.

Notes:

WHLN.esp

-Added a finalized exit back to the Skyrim overworld, removed temporary exit

-Large cave area completed

-Mysterious door is still mysterious

-Overall cell construction is 95% complete, one small area still needs finished

-Added minor details to robust some areas for concepts (got a little ahead of myself because I love wine, weee!)

-Added minor environmental effects like sound and shadow lighting

Known Bugs:

-Seams in cell construction for some floors and ceilings

-Minor clipping (most of the issues fixed from previous release)

-Lights need adjusted to avoid the "pop-in" effect

-One area near the entrance is unfinished and you can jump out of the cell (don't worry, I'll catch you and put you back at the start!)

(Updated 7/5/13)

1. Build a plot Done!

6. Public release

post-180455-0-47254500-1372620026_thumb.jpg

post-180455-0-82761000-1372620030_thumb.jpg

what happened last night v.5.rar

Guest Xluxlu

Update v.3!

The cell grew about 400% of the size it originally was from release v.2 and feels more organic like a cave should. We're almost ready to add cell details (NPC's, clutter, ect). Please test and post notes for me to work on when able! Also, below you will find a few concept images in case you're short on time and aren't able to test the cell.

Notes:

WHLN.esp

-Added a finalized exit back to the Skyrim overworld, removed temporary exit

-Large cave area completed

-Mysterious door is still mysterious

-Overall cell construction is 95% complete, one small area still needs finished

-Added minor details to robust some areas for concepts (got a little ahead of myself because I love wine, weee!)

-Added minor environmental effects like sound and shadow lighting

Known Bugs:

-Seams in cell construction for some floors and ceilings

-Minor clipping (most of the issues fixed from previous release)

-Lights need adjusted to avoid the "pop-in" effect

-One area near the entrance is unfinished and you can jump out of the cell (don't worry, I'll catch you and put you back at the start!)

excelent work! thank you! i can´t wait the final relase!

Archived