Lovers Animations Workshop - New Thread

Looks good TDA.

--------------------------

Finished another 2 animations tonight.  Unfortunately it looks like the remaining 4 animations are multiple issues so I am not sure how quick I'll be about going through them.  I may just release whatever I have done Friday for a beta test, while I work on the ones that remain.

Cheers,

Greg

Ok, sorry that took so long but an alpha version of Update 6 (Group 0) containing 11 of the 15 total animations is now up in post 1.

For those that use DMRA or HGEC H cup please take a look at animation 27 - the defensive position and let me know if the breast is clipping with the thumb.

I am still working on animations 30, 31, 34, 34 and it will be a couple of days before I finish them.

Cheers,

Greg

Ok, sorry that took so long but an alpha version of Update 6 (Group 0) containing 11 of the 15 total animations is now up in post 1.

For those that use DMRA or HGEC H cup please take a look at animation 27 - the defensive position and let me know if the breast is clipping with the thumb.

I am still working on animations 30, 31, 34, 34 and it will be a couple of days before I finish them.

Cheers,

Greg

A little bit of clipping with the thumb and little finger in animation 27 with the standard DMRA body, also a lot of the animations weren't lined up correctly in their .ini files and had to be adjusted manually with the num keys.  Cheers Greg.

A little bit of clipping with the thumb and little finger in animation 27 with the standard DMRA body,

I thought that may be the case.  I'll rework the hand to get rid of this.

also a lot of the animations weren't lined up correctly in their .ini files and had to be adjusted manually with the num keys.  Cheers Greg.

Really?   That should not be the case on a new install.  The way the animations are being reworked means they should be right on the money (or damn close).   If you had already made adjustments in your current saved game, Lovers saved that information and it throws the animations out of alignment.   Try a new game to check.  If a new game has the animations off, then let me know.  

Also make sure it is only the numbers I listed as done.  The other 4 will still be off.

Again, remember these are setup for the default imperial race height so other races could be off a bit.

Thanks for the feedback!  ;)

A little bit of clipping with the thumb and little finger in animation 27 with the standard DMRA body,

I thought that may be the case.  I'll rework the hand to get rid of this.

also a lot of the animations weren't lined up correctly in their .ini files and had to be adjusted manually with the num keys.  Cheers Greg.

Really?   That should not be the case on a new install.  The way the animations are being reworked means they should be right on the money (or damn close).   If you had already made adjustments in your current saved game, Lovers saved that information and it throws the animations out of alignment.   Try a new game to check.  If a new game has the animations off, then let me know.  

Also make sure it is only the numbers I listed as done.  The other 4 will still be off.

Again, remember these are setup for the default imperial race height so other races could be off a bit.

Thanks for the feedback!  ;)

On a second round of testing with a newgame and an imperial pair of actors, the defalut .ini positioning was indeed correct. I was having sex with an Orc before.

On a second round of testing with a newgame and an imperial pair of actors, the defalut .ini positioning was indeed correct. I was having sex with an Orc before.

Excellent!  I was scared out of my mind for a minute there. 

The way I am working things now is importing both off and def into one session of blender and matching them up.  I can eliminate most clipping and resolve other issues this way, including fixing things like the 90 degree 3dsmax issue and the like.  I wish I had figured out how to do this way back when I started as I probably would be a hell of a lot closer to being down by now.  :blush:

The only downside is it tends to blend the facial animations of both off and def.  I am trying to keep an eye on that but that is one aspect that can be fixed with nifskope alone, so I am not paying it more than a passing glance.

This brings up a very good point, in that I need to stress to folks that are upgrading to the AP or to a new update that they really need to make a clean install or otherwise wipe the adjustments or things will be wonky. 

Course that wouldn't be an issue if I would just hurry up and finish.....I wonder how long I can keep getting paid if I stop showing up at work...... :P

Here is a little teaser of stage 2 of animation 31:  http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7718/Oblivion-LPK-animation

---------------------------------------------------

Edit 1:  Try the slightly revised version of 27 in post 1 (patch 1) and see if that helped.  If not I'll move the entire hand .

I have also included animation 31 that I just finished in patch 1.  See what you think.  I am thinking stage 3 is too slow and needs to be sped up a bit.

@greg

The hand issues for anim 27 appear to be fixed, at least for DMRA...

--------Issues--

27, 28, and 36 - Offenders legs twitch across all phases.

31 - Stage three needs to be sped up and have it's BBB redone to compensate.

I also don't like how you cannibalized anim 31 with anim 26, the original was one of my favorite cowgirl anims. I will be combining the two into one anim, so it isn't a big deal but I thought I'd voice my displeasure.

Otherwise well done :D

@greg

The hand issues for anim 27 appear to be fixed, at least for DMRA...

--------Issues--

27, 28, and 36 - Offenders legs twitch across all phases.

31 - Stage three needs to be sped up and have it's BBB redone to compensate.

I also don't like how you cannibalized anim 31 with anim 26, the original was one of my favorite cowgirl anims. I will be combining the two into one anim, so it isn't a big deal but I thought I'd voice my displeasure.

Otherwise well done :D

The breast clipping on 27 is fixed. I do agree with Legit that the transition from stage two to stage three of animation 31 does look awkward, not just because of the slower speed, but because of the fact that it is not a reworked version of the original animation but a clone from 26. Also, while stage 2 of animation 31 in nice and fluid, stage 1 looks a bit 'robotic' on the defender somehow. Finally, the BBB on all stage of 31 needs to be turned up just a little bit.

Sorry for being so long-winded but I just wanted to be thorough.  ;)

Edit - On further investigation, it appears that what has actually happened with the 3rd stage of animation 31 is that it has been mixed up with the 3rd stage of 26. It also seems that stage 0 (orgasm) has been mixed up in animations 31 and 26 along with the third stages in the respective anims.

Yes, I did mix several animations.  As a matter of fact I mixed the following:

26 (parts of DS 199 & DS 44.1)

26 x0 - DS44.1 x1
26 x1 - DS199 x1
26 x2 - DS199 x2
26 x3 - DS44.1 x3

29 (parts of DS 24 & DS 24.1)

29 x0 - 24 x0
29 x1 - 24.1 x2
29 x2 - 24 x2
29 x3 - 24 x3

31 (parts of DS 199 & DS 44.1 - the parts that were not used in 26)

31 x0 - DS199 x0
31 x1 - DS44.1 x2
31 x2 - DS44.1 x2
31 x3 - DS199 x3

30 (parts of 33 & 33.1) - this animation is still a WIP and has not been released.

The reason I mixed things up is fairly simple, I combined animations so the defenders feet\knees would be consistent.  It always bothered me that the defender snapped from knees to feet and back.  I thought this way provided a bit more continuity. 

On 31 - stage 1 is not much different from the actual DS 44.1 (stage 2).  I fixed the arms clipping with the breasts and a few other minor issues.  The animation always did have a little bit of a slow jerk\bounce to it.  I "could" remove that to make it smooth but then it would just be a slower version of stage 2 animation.  That is easy enough to do if folks prefer it.

"27, 28, and 36 - Offenders legs twitch across all phases."   - really?  I didn't mess with the offenders legs at all on any of these.  I don't remember that on testing either.  I'll check it out. 

Edit:  Did anyone else notice this?

Yes, I did mix several animations.  As a matter of fact I mixed the following:

26 (parts of DS 199 & DS 44.1)

26 x0 - DS44.1 x1

26 x1 - DS199 x1

26 x2 - DS199 x2

26 x3 - DS44.1 x3

29 (parts of DS 24 & DS 24.1)

29 x0 - 24 x0

29 x1 - 24.1 x2

29 x2 - 24 x2

29 x3 - 24 x3

31 (parts of DS 199 & DS 44.1 - the parts that were not used in 26)

31 x0 - DS199 x0

31 x1 - DS44.1 x2

31 x2 - DS44.1 x2

31 x3 - DS199 x3

30 (parts of 33 & 33.1) - this animation is still a WIP and has not been released.

The reason I mixed things up is fairly simple, I combined animations so the defenders feet\knees would be consistent.  It always bothered me that the defender snapped from knees to feet and back.  I thought this way provided a bit more continuity. 

On 31 - stage 1 is not much different from the actual DS 44.1 (stage 2).  I fixed the arms clipping with the breasts and a few other minor issues.  The animation always did have a little bit of a slow jerk\bounce to it.  I "could" remove that to make it smooth but then it would just be a slower version of stage 2 animation.  That is easy enough to do if folks prefer it.

"27, 28, and 36 - Offenders legs twitch across all phases."   - really?  I didn't mess with the offenders legs at all on any of these.  I don't remember that on testing either.  I'll check it out.

Most of the animation remixes look fine, but switching stages 3 and 0 in animation 31 around with their respective stages in animation 26 just makes more sense visually.

Most of the animation remixes look fine, but switching stages 3 and 0 in animation 31 around with their respective stages in animation 26 just makes more sense visually.

Really?  How do you figure this?  Believe me I am not upset or arguing, I am just very curious at the reaction of everyone.  I am wondering if it is just shock at the change or truly disdain for it.  I find it a bit jarring to snap from the knees to the feet in the original DS 199.  I thought it was much more logical to keep the defender on their feet consistently.  Isn't it more plausible that the defender just straightened their back and swung their knees outward?

I guess if everyone is really mortified at this, I could switch things back.  Tell you what, lets let it sit until I finish the remaining three animations and see if it grows on you.  If not then I'll look at switching it back around. 

Unfortunately it will require some blender work, as I think I did more the actors around position wise, so switching them by simple renaming might have them jumping around a bit.

@greg

Yep I agree with ger4... I didn't really mind the knees switching from one position, to another and then back to the first one... It was the same "sex position" in my mind and shouldn't have been broken into two anims imo. Not that I'm trying to degrade the work you put into it... I haven't tried simply renaming and combining them yet so I don't know if it is possible.

And yes the twitching is there for offender's legs in anims 27, 28 and 36. It looks like the offender anims in question or all the same or similar, so it may have been a problem with the "base" anim.

Currently working on animation 34 (DS 163.1).  This one is a freaking train wreck.  The motion the defender is using would break a dudes dick.  I am going to gut it and start over.  What do you guys think about making it a reverse instead of a facing.  I think we have enough facing don't we?

Here is a stage 1 prototype: http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7734/Oblivion-LPK-animation

Note, it is a very rough animation without bbb or any tweaking, just to show the overall look.

I "could" fix the other 34 but it would require deleting all but frame 1 and starting from there.  I don't much care either way.  If you guys prefer a facing I may put the defenders feet on the ground and as well as hands and make a fairly sharp arch in her back so it is more of a flexible girl deal.  Just thinking out loud.  Open to suggestions.

I just finished 30, so that just leaves 35 to do (DS 173.1).   Once 35 is done I'll start on the corrections from your comments and issue a beta pack with all 15 animations in it.  If no issues pop up then I push it over the the AP Resources thread and start on group 2.

Currently working on animation 34 (DS 163.1).  This one is a freaking train wreck.  The motion the defender is using would break a dudes dick.  I am going to gut it and start over.  What do you guys think about making it a reverse instead of a facing.  I think we have enough facing don't we?

Here is a stage 1 prototype: http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7734/Oblivion-LPK-animation

Note, it is a very rough animation without bbb or any tweaking, just to show the overall look.

I "could" fix the other 34 but it would require deleting all but frame 1 and starting from there.  I don't much care either way.  If you guys prefer a facing I may put the defenders feet on the ground and as well as hands and make a fairly sharp arch in her back so it is more of a flexible girl deal.  Just thinking out loud.  Open to suggestions.

I just finished 30, so that just leaves 35 to do (DS 173.1).   Once 35 is done I'll start on the corrections from your comments and issue a beta pack with all 15 animations in it.  If no issues pop up then I push it over the the AP Resources thread and start on group 2.

I like the idea of completely gutting animation 43 and making it into a reverse. I  like the prototype as well. I think for the later stages, the offender should grab the defender's upperarms, perhaps with the offender groping the defender'ss breasts from below (although due to actor positioning, this may just look awkward).

I'll check on the twitch deal.  27 and 28 are indeed the same, however 26 is a completely different animation.

What about this as a stage 1: http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7732/Oblivion-LPK-animation

This as stage 2:  http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7733/Oblivion-LPK-animation

I like the new animation 26 as well, it just needs to be speeded up slightly on the second stage. Perhaps for the third stage the defender could grab the offfender's legs for balance and repeatedly thrust themselves onto their cock.

The original 26 already looks good in stages 1 and 2. I would say leave as-is, but offer these new animations as a completely new item/animation.

No! No! No! No! Stay the course, GregatHit. Complete your animations, and fine tune them when you feel that you have completed all that you can do. Some of these changes are BRILLIANT. I have no problems with things being a bit "off".   Many of the "old" animations lived in the realm of "WTF?" before you took to fixing them - but they were fine before you gave me something better... The old animations were fun - but you raised the bar. MUCH better. James Cameron much?

I know that you spend more time on this game than any of us can comprehend - and I TRULY appreciate your work. I KNOW that you truly care about your work, and you want feedback to fine-tune your animations. Frankly, many of your replacement animations are just drop dead brilliant - even if they do not line up right now.

I have no right to suggest this, BUT: Finish your overview on how YOU think the animations should work. When you finish, relax and ask for feedback. Then tweak them as you have time. I know that you want suggestions and feedback, but I honestly think that THAT can wait until the package is complete - unless there are game-breaking glitches.

I KNOW there are many, MANY Lover's mods that pulled specific animations from the old package that do not work properly anymore. I also know that I used to spend more time switching between animations (to find a good one) than I spent enjoying the action on my screen. Even if the new animations are a bit "off", the vast majority of them are brilliant compared to what I had available before.

I have set up a large number of NPCs (in a private mod) to be intimate with each other (Because I am a sneaky voyeur... Lover's Bed is my favourite mod...). To these see these NPC's actually appear to contact, touch, be intimate with, and actually hold each is breathtaking. It makes my naughty world feel real.

When you are done with your changes, I will go through all of my Lover's mods and patch them to match your new animations.  True Crime, Lover's Hooker, and Galgat's mods all need to be brought up to date. People bitch and complain, but those old animations are still there and available - they have just been renumbered. All of the new animations look a LOT better, well worth the thirty minutes it will take to bring those older mods up to date.

Note #1: Anyone who thinks I am kissing GregatHits ass should read some of my former posts. This is not the Nexus. I am not polite or overly friendly here. I AM stunned by the new animations and the new animated penis, though.

Note #2: I apologize if my grammer is incorrect. It is hard to type with animated .gifs flashing and blinking all over the forum.

Thanks for the kind words.  ;)

Ok, here is 34 almost wrapped up (stage 1 is in post 43):

stage 2: http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7735/Oblivion-LPK-animation
stage 3: http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7736/Oblivion-LPK-animation

I'll probably just have the orgasm be a slowed down version of stage 3. 

On to animation 35.  :s

Edit:  Alternate 34 stage 2:  http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7737/Oblivion-LPK-animation

See if you like this a little better as moves the hands so it is not just a sped up version of stage 1 - let me know your thoughts.

Thanks for the kind words.  ;)

stage 2: http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7735/Oblivion-LPK-animation

stage 3: http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7736/Oblivion-LPK-animation

On to animation 35.  :s

Looks good  :cool:

Just to clarity Greg (yes i get confused easily  :s ), what do you plan to do with 26? 

And yes, always stick to your vision, your ideas are always the best, we're just grateful someone's actually doing this. :P

PS - Isn't 35 an old Donkey animation, it looks like his style of animation.

I don't think so, I thought Nusbie made it.  There have been so many animations, from so many different sources, that it is damn near impossible to keep track them at times. 

35 is (DS 173.1) and it needs the defenders legs fixed.  As they are currently it looks kinda awkward.  I have been fixing this as I went along, see animation 27 and 28 defenders legs, to hopefully be more natural looking.

As to 26, not sure, for now nothing.  When I finish up 35 and fix any other bugs that come up then I'll look at it to see what options we have.  If the settings are close (Bip01 and NonAccum) then I'll switch them around to what the majority of folks like best.  In my personal game I'll be leaving it as is....I happen to like the change.  :P

Course I've been told I am different.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

My goal is to finish up with the first run tonight and do some testing on the new stuff, if I find no big issues I'll release these other 4 and then start in on the bug reports.  The corrections will likely take a day to do and then Wednesday I can tinker around with 26 & 31.

I'll take off Thursday off and start on Group 2 on Friday.

I'll check on the twitch deal.  27 and 28 are indeed the same, however 26 is a completely different animation.

Its 27, 28 and 36 are the ones that have the offender leg twitch issue... not 26.

Thanks for the kind words.   ;)

stage 2: http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7735/Oblivion-LPK-animation
stage 3: http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7736/Oblivion-LPK-animation

On to animation 35.   :s

Edit:  Alternate 34 stage 2:  http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7737/Oblivion-LPK-animation

See if you like this a little better as moves the hands so it is not just a sped up version of stage 1 - let me know your thoughts.

I think 34 looks great. As for the alternate stage 2... I like it more than the original.

@garcemac

/flame mode on (sorry you caught me in a bad mood and I'm going to vent on you)

I keep arguing this with people... It is my opinion that the animations should be done right the first time so greg doesn't HAVE to go back and edit them for months on end after he "finishes" them. He can just be done with them and move on to different projects.

My father always told me that you should do something right or not do it at all, and as cliche as that sounds I think it is a good piece of wisdom that applies to this situation. Going on a long winded rant showering praise on greg isn't going to make the animations come out any faster, nor is decrying the testers as some sort of whiners.

You are acting like we are purposely trying to slow greg down and stop him from finishing... we aren't. Our objective is to offer suggestions on how to make the content that greg has already released BETTER. It is up to greg whether or not he listens to us, (and he hasn't on certain occasions because it would take too long/be too monotonous to fix).