Non-rape options (and I mean no rape at ALL)

What are the options for SexLab that do not result in ANY type of rape? I never had a problem with this when I was using SexIS, but every damn option in SexLab is all about rape or aggressors or victims. I want all of my sexual encounters to be consensual, so I need to either know how to turn them off or which mods to avoid altogether.

Currently running Lovers Comfort, Lovers Hook and Murder, Theft and Seduction

The very names of the 'Romance' and 'Lovers Confort' mods tell you that they are consent-friendly (or friendly-consensual). There is also a new mod called horny followers in which followers initiate sex (it is then up to you to consent). sexlab is not a rape mod and you are not alone in wanting consensual mods. The three I have named are all excellent.

The very names of the 'Romance' and 'Lovers Confort' mods tell you that they are consent-friendly (or friendly-consensual). There is also a new mod called horny followers in which followers initiate sex (it is then up to you to consent). sexlab is not a rape mod and you are not alone in wanting consensual mods. The three I have named are all excellent.

Actually there is some rape in Lover's Comfort, should you arouse a bunch of people and are dumb enough to sleep around people whose arousal rating is too high.  But for the most part, Lover's Comfort is consent-friendly.

Your tastes and things you avoid doesn't necessarily apply to everyone. The module is made for a broader market.

Luckily for you, it is so thoughtful as to allow you to specifically disable anything that makes you uncomfortable. The OPTION will still exist, and if the words "Aggresor" and "Victim" in a menu upset you.. I don't know what to tell you.

You'll only see those two words long enough to disable them. :P

I have no problem with the title of this thread. THe key word is "option". An analogy would be a list of vegetarian dishes on the menu of a restaurant that mostly serves meat. the only threats of censorship have come from the carnivores ("I will lock it"). Maybe it's you who needs to remember you have a delete key.

Funny you mention that.  I deleted several posts that were just insults hurled back and forth with zero benefit to the discussion.  Perhaps you should not "assume" things to which you clearly don't have a clue.  I hope I don't have to clarify what happens when you "assume" stuff.

We have rules on this forum and they exist not to brow beat folks, but rather to facilitate a healthy community.  I have no problem with the OP, nor his request.  I do have an issue with folks judging him or vice versa.

Don't get the jab about the delete key. Why on earth would I or any other moderator delete a thread asking a question?  That makes no sense at all, unless it violated forum rules of course. 

where are these rape mods you speak of? i know we have sanguine's debauchery and SEXIS defeated  but neither of those is for sexlab, so what rape mods? thus far all the mods i know of that use the sexlab frame work are consenual 

In the MCM menu of Sexlab you have a lot of rape and aggressive options.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17344-wip-sexlab-submit-updated-08jun13-2235/ and

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17443-sexlab-rape-simpleupdated-52513/ are indeed rape mods for Sexlab

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17344-wip-sexlab-submit-updated-08jun13-2235/ and

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17443-sexlab-rape-simpleupdated-52513/ are indeed rape mods for Sexlab

There are several ANIMATIONS that are tagged as aggressive so that they CAN be used in any rape mods that the USER in this case you, happen to have installed. Since you don't like that kind of content these options will allow you to set up the mods that you DO use so that you don't see any of the those animations, so you see its actually a good thing for you that all those options are there, because by default most mods use any and all existing animations, and those options allow you to turn off the "rape" animations. As for the rape mods them selves you found 2( one of which is a very buggy alpha build) compared to how many mods that have only consensual content , but i digress the point is that all those options that you are complaining about are there expressly so that people like you can turn OFF the stuff they don't like 

There are several ANIMATIONS that are tagged as aggressive so that they CAN be used in any rape mods that the USER in this case you, happen to have installed. Since you don't like that kind of content these options will allow you to set up the mods that you DO use so that you don't see any of the those animations, so you see its actually a good thing for you that all those options are there, because by default most mods use any and all existing animations, and those options allow you to turn off the "rape" animations. As for the rape mods them selves you found 2( one of which is a very buggy alpha build) compared to how many mods that have only consensual content , but i digress the point is that all those options that you are complaining about are there expressly so that people like you can turn OFF the stuff they don't like 

Does that have anything to do with the OP question? Does anyone HAVE to get rape in any case for sex mods in Skyrim? I personally understood (because I read maybe) the question of the OP and answered it as best as I could, the number of rape mods is irrelevant, the OP was not even complaining about it just asking a question, you really should chill out nobody is attacking rape mods here.

Does that have anything to do with the OP question? Does anyone HAVE to get rape in any case for sex mods in Skyrim? I personally understood (because I read maybe) the question of the OP and answered it as best as I could, the number of rape mods is irrelevant, the OP was not even complaining about it just asking a question, you really should chill out nobody is attacking rape mods here.

Heaven forbid I should ask a question about a framework I'm unfamiliar with, right? By golly, I'm attacking something that I don't even know enough about to attack in the first place. LOLing at the idea of attacking rape mods at LoversLab, which is like going to Taco Bell and complaining that nachos are on the menu.

For those who never used SexIS, there were different types of files to install, making rape situations easier to avoid. So I could download Data, Cupid and one other file that I can't remember, and not install "defeated". Whereas SexLab requires a lot more configuring; I don't remember configuring anything in SexIS. (10%, three seconds, overrides, arousal level..what IS all this stuff?)

Like someone mentioned earlier, just because sex is aggressive doesn't make it rape. And then there's another mod that is named Random Sex, but the title of the actual mod is Random Victim. Big difference, for those of you who don't know that. (How scary.) Also noted is that there is rape in Lover's Comfort - which sucks, since that's my single favorite mod. But I can deal with that as long as I can kill the aggressor and it's avoidable. (Also, the idea that you get raped because the aggressor is so aroused by you is ignorant as fuck. Seriously disappointed by this.)

I don't mind asking questions, because chances are I'm not the only person who has questions but doesn't want to ask questions in order to avoid a headache. And I'm going to keep asking questions if I have any.

I have no problem with the title of this thread. THe key word is "option". An analogy would be a list of vegetarian dishes on the menu of a restaurant that mostly serves meat. the only threats of censorship have come from the carnivores ("I will lock it"). Maybe it's you who needs to remember you have a delete key.

Funny you mention that.  I deleted several posts that were just insults hurled back and forth with zero benefit to the discussion.  Perhaps you should not "assume" things to which you clearly don't have a clue.  I hope I don't have to clarify what happens when you "assume" stuff.

We have rules on this forum and they exist not to brow beat folks, but rather to facilitate a healthy community.  I have no problem with the OP, nor his request.  I do have an issue with folks judging him or vice versa.

Don't get the jab about the delete key. Why on earth would I or any other moderator delete a thread asking a question?  That makes no sense at all, unless it violated forum rules of course.

There seems to have been a misunderstanding. Maybe you deleted the offensive posts before I read the remaining comments, which would explain my bewilderment at the absence of any offensive posts. But then you seem to find my own posts offensive, which also bewilders me, since I have been advocating tolerance. I trust that I have not broken any forum rules. If I have, let me know and I shall comply with the decorum.

There seems to have been a misunderstanding. Maybe you deleted the offensive posts before I read the remaining comments, which would explain my bewilderment at the absence of any offensive posts. But then you seem to find my own posts offensive, which also bewilders me, since I have been advocating tolerance. I trust that I have not broken any forum rules. If I have, let me know and I shall comply with the decorum.

The question of the OP has long been answered, Gregathit removed several useless posts already, I dont see LL as a rape mods forums but as an adult mods forum and if I was a moderator I would have locked the thread already seeing how people can feel offended by a simple question.

Telling the moderators how they have to moderate is definitly not a good idea.

Clearly my point.  I removed the insult trading posts to hopefully get the thread back on track.  They added nothing to aid the OP in removing unwanted animations.

I only found this remark (not your other posts) irritating:

"the only threats of censorship have come from the carnivores ("I will lock it"). Maybe it's you who needs to remember you have a delete key."

Calling someone a "carnivore" regardless of the context is hardly complementary don't you think?

Don't have a clue what you meant by the delete key stuff.  Based on your comment I assumed it was directed at me.

Long story short my goal was to remove insulting posts and warn off others from judging the OP or leaping to conclusions.  Folks can either aid him in his quest or move on.....which is what I am going to do.  ;)

There is almost always a way to disable rape in the mods.

In the case of Lovers Comfort if you go to the MCM menu and upped the rape threshold to 30(max) then it will disable the rape, you might still get the message that some one is watching you but there will be no rape.

No Idea why you would think Random Sex is Random Victim, to my knowledge it just makes everyone have sex with each other. If there was dialogue suggesting that it was rape then   it might be rape but as far as I know it just randomly makes two npc have sex with no context. On the other hand like many have pointed out, what mod you install depends on you so just don't download them. 

Personally I don't mind if there is rape, so long as it fits. How can a bandit rape a lvl 80 Dragonborn in full Dragonscale armor, killed 40 dragons, killed a vampire lord, became the head of the Thives, Mage, Companions, Dark Brotherhood guilds? Makes no sense unless the Dragonborn was drugged or other wise could not fight back. And that is why I usually have my female PCs stuck at the "Report to Jarl" quest, that way I won't be dragonborn, just an ordinary woman who has some skills with a bow.

Clearly my point.  I removed the insult trading posts to hopefully get the thread back on track.  They added nothing to aid the OP in removing unwanted animations.

I only found this remark (not your other posts) irritating:

"the only threats of censorship have come from the carnivores ("I will lock it"). Maybe it's you who needs to remember you have a delete key."

Calling someone a "carnivore" regardless of the context is hardly complementary don't you think?

Don't have a clue what you meant by the delete key stuff.  Based on your comment I assumed it was directed at me.

Long story short my goal was to remove insulting posts and warn off others from judging the OP or leaping to conclusions.  Folks can either aid him in his quest or move on.....which is what I am going to do.  ;)

Yeah, I'm actually with the op here, there should be a bit more of consensual sex in the mods, but since I'm not a modder, I doubt I have a right to voice that kind of opinion in the first place. x)!

Yeah, I'm actually with the op here, there should be a bit more of consensual sex in the mods, but since I'm not a modder, I doubt I have a right to voice that kind of opinion in the first place. x)!

Nonsense.  You and anyone else are always welcome to ask, never any harm in that. 

You clearly misunderstood the gist of the post so let me clarify:

First my interpretation of the op was that he or she was complaining about the number of rape mods associated with sexlab, i pointed out that there are in-fact not very many.

Secondly no, no one HAS to get a rape mod ,which i stated myself if not quite so plainly

Thirdly the op seemed to believe that these options were made FOR rape mods. I attempted to explain that the options are there precisely so that those of us who don't like rape or aggressive animations don't have to see them not the other way around

Now as the op him/herself pointed out in a later post than the one this quote  is from, my interpretation was wrong and they explained themselves more clearly so i will again try to help:

Many of the options in sex lab are there for the purpose of controlling which animations a mod is allowed to use from a pool  contained within the resource files, the percentages and sliders are only there for those who want some rape but not allot in short if you DO want rape mods how hard core do you want it> Since the op doesn't want ANY  he/she can simply go into the menus and make use of the options that totally disable such content . as for the lack of a need to configure sexis , that was because sexis wa an alpha build for a framework just like sexlab  the options and configurations were planed but never implemented i hope that makes more sense than before and that it helps

on a personal note who said anything about attacking rape mods aside from you that is? 

if I was a moderator I would have locked the thread already seeing how people can feel offended by a simple question.

Wouldn't that punish the person asking the questions, as opposed to the offended parties?

Many of the options in sex lab are there for the purpose of controlling which animations a mod is allowed to use from a pool  contained within the resource files, the percentages and sliders are only there for those who want some rape but not allot in short if you DO want rape mods how hard core do you want it> Since the op doesn't want ANY  he/she can simply go into the menus and make use of the options that totally disable such content .

And that would be awesome if I knew which options to disable. It would've been nice to have some sort of "check this for consensual sex only" rather than having us trying to uncheck a million things and sliding stuff down to zero. I would assume that if I had a consent mod (like Sexlab Romance), then the rape would be a nonissue because it would never come up, but as it has been pointed out before, LC is a consent mod that DOES have rape in it. It's rather confusing, because if I unchecked everything that said "victim," "aggressor" or "rapist," I wouldn't have a helluva lot to work with. I'm still trying to figure out things like unfriendly gazes, or how my arousal makes me uncomfortable, or why my housecarl was unsatisfied with his blowjob. Probably because he was trapped behind the wall and I was blowing his toes. :)

(Just to be clear: I'm confused, not offended. No need to take up the cause for anyone's mods here, because that's not what I'm trying to figure out.)

SexLabs Doesn't do ANYTHING. so it in itself can't be the cause of your woes. Aggressive/Victim options are for the "Rough sex" not "Rape" 

If you are seeing "Rape" as in the npc forcing you for sex then that's most likely because you downloaded a mod with rape in it.

A mod that isn't purely rape usually has an option to disable it or to go around the rape.

As I've said before much like in Lovers Comfort you can disable the rape by setting the threshold to max.

So if your request is to remove rape then it's your problem for downloading the rape mods. Now if you were asking for more consensual sex mods then it's more reasonable and quite frankly one I second.

if I was a moderator I would have locked the thread already seeing how people can feel offended by a simple question.

Wouldn't that punish the person asking the questions, as opposed to the offended parties?

Many of the options in sex lab are there for the purpose of controlling which animations a mod is allowed to use from a pool  contained within the resource files, the percentages and sliders are only there for those who want some rape but not allot in short if you DO want rape mods how hard core do you want it> Since the op doesn't want ANY  he/she can simply go into the menus and make use of the options that totally disable such content .

And that would be awesome if I knew which options to disable. It would've been nice to have some sort of "check this for consensual sex only" rather than having us trying to uncheck a million things and sliding stuff down to zero. I would assume that if I had a consent mod (like Sexlab Romance), then the rape would be a nonissue because it would never come up, but as it has been pointed out before, LC is a consent mod that DOES have rape in it. It's rather confusing, because if I unchecked everything that said "victim," "aggressor" or "rapist," I wouldn't have a helluva lot to work with. I'm still trying to figure out things like unfriendly gazes, or how my arousal makes me uncomfortable, or why my housecarl was unsatisfied with his blowjob. Probably because he was trapped behind the wall and I was blowing his toes. :)

(Just to be clear: I'm confused, not offended. No need to take up the cause for anyone's mods here, because that's not what I'm trying to figure out.)

I would have closed the topic because I think your question has already been answered, the thing to understand here is that Sexlab is a framework not a mod, it is just allowing other mods to have ressources to initiate sex, Ashal used almost all (all?) sex animations available and put them as ressources in Sexlab (that include some animations that could be considered as aggressive or that could serve as a setting for a rape mod), the animations themselves are pretty well named so you should get what they are about really quickly and if you feel offended by any of these animations you can directly turn them off in the MCM menu of Sexlab.

Also you have to consider that pretty much all the mods for Sexlab are WIP, you can expect to have a lot of changes before they are considered finished and like any other mod you might have seen that LC was containing rape situations just by reading the description, you can even ask on the mod page if it is possible to make some options optional or ask questions on how the mod is working if it confuses you.

Long story short Non-rape options = unticking the animations that you consider as rape inside the animation list + avoid to download any mod that contains rape.