{UPDATE - 2014 July 06} Teen Monli Race

hi PsychoMachina !

how does that work with the camera work. so if I use such a small breed (child drow) for example, I have a problem with the close-up view you can see only the upside, I have a long way to zoom out to see all my caracter.

If you're talking about a 3rd person problem (rather than 1st person view problem), you could try a mod like this:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29990/

it is what i use. It requires MCM, however, which i know some people dislike. But it allows you to modify the 3rd person cam, and if you put in -Z numbers you can "lower" the cam down so you can see more of your small character, even close up.

Not sure if i explained that well or if that answers your problem!

hi PsychoMachina !

how does that work with the camera work. so if I use such a small breed (child drow) for example, I have a problem with the close-up view you can see only the upside, I have a long way to zoom out to see all my caracter.

If you're talking about a 3rd person problem (rather than 1st person view problem), you could try a mod like this:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29990/

it is what i use. It requires MCM, however, which i know some people dislike. But it allows you to modify the 3rd person cam, and if you put in -Z numbers you can "lower" the cam down so you can see more of your small character, even close up.

Not sure if i explained that well or if that answers your problem!

Enhanced 3rd Person Camera works better than I expected.  It even works better than manually editing the camera values in Skyrim.ini.  I'm going to suggest this to fix the camera issues.

Does this affect other playable races that are taller?  Simply put, if using Enhanced 3rd Person Camera to edit the camera for a small race, will playable adult races be affected by a lower-positioned camera.

hi Dinosaurus!

Thanks for the note, but unfortunately I can Do not open the link, (File not published) Maybe it's at a later date.

anyway thank you!

The link works for me.  Could be Nexus having server problems when you tried the link.  If you are still having problems accessing Nexus or downloading the file, send me a pm.

Does this affect other playable races that are taller?  Simply put, if using Enhanced 3rd Person Camera to edit the camera for a small race, will playable adult races be affected by a lower-positioned camera.

hi Dinosaurus!

Thanks for the note, but unfortunately I can Do not open the link, (File not published) Maybe it's at a later date.

anyway thank you!

The link works for me.  Could be Nexus having server problems when you tried the link.  If you are still having problems accessing Nexus or downloading the file, send me a pm.

Ya... Nexus was having problems earlier, because i noticed it last night too when i was trying to go to their forums. So i bet that's what was happening when winny tried earlier.

As for Enhanced 3rd Person Camera effecting taller races. The answer is no (at least it doesn't when using Mod Organizer). If i create a new character (like a vanilla Breton) that character isn't affected by my "young monli" camera height.

It seems Enhanced 3rd Person Camera remembers separate settings for each character.

@Dinosaurus

That good to hear.  The one big problem with playing small races is the camera position is static.  Enhanced 3rd Person Camera should provide a workaround to that problem.

Definitely adding this to the Recommend list.

Also there is a body-changing mod in the works by AnK team.  It allows for changing the body-type and textures using MCM.  It's in alpha stage, but I'm still going to check it out and see if I can incorporate it with the Monli and Elin/Girls of Tera.  If this works out, it would be an ideal alternative to using a body/texture pack.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

I added the Race Compatibility files to the REQUIRED list.  Install Race Compatibility (for the Monli) if you did not install the ygNord option from the ECE mod.

This will prevent crashing because the Monli requires Race Compatibility.

Psyco, i am tired, soo tired to try make this work...

I get all the time charactermaking log error, i dont know WHY this FUCKING SHIT of charactermankingextender is a crap, i want use the race, but, my game cant make work this, the first time i intalled with NMM, get the error, now i remove all, put folder by folder, archive by archive, making a back up of the original files, for security, put the textures, enabling the esps, i enter in the game, i make a new save, i select the race, and THIS SHIT JUST GIME ME AGAIN THE ERROR!!

Really, i want show u the problem with a screen, but NOW the fraps is trolling me, that shit for a extrange and stupid reason cant run when i enter in the game.... :dodgy:

I get this message: failed to charge the face form or something like that, and, see data/SKSE/Plugins/CharacterMakingExtender.log

Also, the body now is turn in invisible... :( , other times just get problems with the face, neck and hands, now no more body, ugly face, and hands/neck are ok.... :-/

Sorry for make this scene, but i am desperate and tired :( , i never have a lot of problems to make work a race, i think i will just got with the Elins :-/

Hey Psycho do you have the files for the head for Fair Skin Sweaty body? 

If its already included I might of installed it wrong since the head part on my new character does not have it.

You can try the Sporty, Sweaty maps.  There are 4 head files (3 are different spec intensities).  Pick the intensity you want, rename the file to "femalehead_s.dds" and install the files.

CBBE-Specular Maps-Sporty_Sweaty.7z

Psyco, i am tired, soo tired to try make this work...

I get all the time charactermaking log error, i dont know WHY this FUCKING SHIT of charactermankingextender is a crap, i want use the race, but, my game cant make work this, the first time i intalled with NMM, get the error, now i remove all, put folder by folder, archive by archive, making a back up of the original files, for security, put the textures, enabling the esps, i enter in the game, i make a new save, i select the race, and THIS SHIT JUST GIME ME AGAIN THE ERROR!!

Really, i want show u the problem with a screen, but NOW the fraps is trolling me, that shit for a extrange and stupid reason cant run when i enter in the game.... :dodgy:

I get this message: failed to charge the face form or something like that, and, see data/SKSE/Plugins/CharacterMakingExtender.log

Also, the body now is turn in invisible... :( , other times just get problems with the face, neck and hands, now no more body, ugly face, and hands/neck are ok.... :-/

Sorry for make this scene, but i am desperate and tired :( , i never have a lot of problems to make work a race, i think i will just got with the Elins :-/

Do you have RaceMenu?  Not sure if it's the cause of all the problems, but considering there are issues between RaceMenu and ECE and some people after uninstalling RaceMenu have stated some of their problems went away.

Give me a few minutes and I'll make a package containing all the files needed.  I don't know what body you were using so I'll leave them out.  The only thing you need to do is install the package and choose the body/texture.

@Hanezu

I made two packs for you to try out.  Both contains the Monli files with the CBBE Petite body and loli Sims textures, Cute Designs (BSA only), ECE, PreCache Killer, RaceSettingExtender, Race Compatibility files, and RC patch for Unofficial Skyrim patch (only use this if you have USKP).

Required Files

1- SKSE

Optional

1- Any of the Monli body/texture options

Pack #1 - Contains the plugins, a bsa file, and empty mesh and texture folders (if you decide to install a different body/texture).

Choose this if you want less files to clutter your Data folder.  Also ensures all files are installed and none are accidently overwritten or deleted by another mod.

Monli - Young Edition + BSA Option

Monli-YE_BSAoption.7z

Pack #2 - The same as Pack #1 except all the files are loose.

Choose this if you might have issues with BSA files.

Monli - Young Edition Custom Pack

Use BOSS to sort the order (Monli, ECE, and CME are recognized files and considered clean).

If you are still experiencing problems then either there are compatibility issues with other mods or you are using RaceMenu.

There is the possibility that running Steam's Verification of Game Cache will fix any issues with missing or corrupt game files.

Good Luck.

Psyco... YOU ARE A FUCKING EPIC GOD!!!

THANKS!!!!!!

REALLY, THANKS!!!

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

No more problems, no more bad things, no more fails, no more...ahh damm, just let me say if is not for you, i never, NEVER have make this work, thanks really thanks

See your hard work now:

cth.png

Really thanks for make this cute race and for the help n______n, i use the first pack, i not have the USKP, soo didnt need the pacht, but, there is a little trouble, the camera xP, well is not the great thing, but, can u explain me what values i need use and how? i instaled the enchan 3rd camera but i have the same "value" xP:

9fou.png

Thanks again, and, i never use the BOSS, i dont know how used xP, i just instaled the pack with the NMM

n_______n

@Hanezu

In order for Enhanced 3rd Person Camera to work, you must add the following to Skyrim.ini (Documents > My Games > Skyrim).

[Camera]
fOverShoulderPosX=0.0
fOverShoulderPosZ=0.0
fOverShoulderAddY=0.0
fOverShoulderCombatPosX=0.0
fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=0.0
fOverShoulderCombatAddY=0.0
fOverShoulderDragonPosX=0.0
fOverShoulderDragonPosZ=0.0
fOverShoulderDragonAddY=0.0
fOverShoulderHorsePosX=0.0
fOverShoulderHorsePosZ=0.0
fOverShoulderHorseAddY=0.0

Enhanced 3rd Person Camera need those entries in order for the game to implement the camera position values.

While in game, pause the game to bring up menu.  Under "General Stats", choose "Mod Configuration".  This will bring up the MCM configuration menu.  Choose Enhanced 3rd Person and you will see options for General, Standing, and Sneaking.  Generally, I only edit the Z-position (PosZ) so that the camera is lower.  With the X-position at "0", the camera is above her head (it feels odd with the camera off to her side), but if you want, you can change the value to something like "3" or "5" to move the camera slightly to her right-side.

So basically, z-position moves the camera up/down (positive value = up, negative value = down).

X-position moves the camera left/right (positive value = right, negative value = left).

Enhanced 3rd Person Camera does not offer to edit the y-position (PosY).  To fix that, just use the zoom function.

When done, exit the menu and return to game.  Enter combat stance then return to normal stance.  This will make the game refresh the camera position and start using your edits.

This is what I have for my game.  It's about the same for combat and sneaking.  I prefer the camera above her head.

post-64505-0-52617700-1371850425_thumb.jpg

I just ran across another camera mod that may also work, 'Customizable Camera' at http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37347/?

I don't know it if will end up being better or worse than Enhanced 3rd-Person Camera.  Also, E3PC is being updated this weekend apparently, so check back on it later.

It's simpler than Enhanced 3PC, but the two are not interchangeable because Customizable Camera does not need the [Camera] category in Skyrim.ini, but Enhanced 3PC does need it.

I'll link this as an alternative.  Thanks spicycat.

I'm having a problem after installing this... When I fire arrows in 3rd person, they go right where the crosshairs are, but in 1st person they fire at what seems to be a 45 degree angle straight into the ground in front of me. Since Enhanced 3rd Person Camera does't allow you to zoom the combat camera, it makes it kinda difficult to use the bow in 3rd person.

One of these Monli files edits something with the 1st person camera, right? Am I doing something wrong that's causing this issue? Though I've noticed in 1st person I'm still right about at eye level with other people (maybe a BIT shorter), so I'm not sure it's working right for me in the first place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having a problem after installing this... When I fire arrows in 3rd person, they go right where the crosshairs are, but in 1st person they fire at what seems to be a 45 degree angle straight into the ground in front of me. Since Enhanced 3rd Person Camera does't allow you to zoom the combat camera, it makes it kinda difficult to use the bow in 3rd person.

One of these Monli files edits something with the 1st person camera, right? Am I doing something wrong that's causing this issue? Though I've noticed in 1st person I'm still right about at eye level with other people (maybe a BIT shorter), so I'm not sure it's working right for me in the first place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Seiji-Chan

I mostly use the bow in 1st-person and I find that holding the mouse key long enough to completely draw the bow will make the arrows fly normally.  It's when I release the arrow before the draw animation is complete will cause the arrows to fall short of where you are aiming.  If you are fully drawing the bow and the arrows fall in front of you, I don't know what would the cause.

The skeleton.nif found in the "_1stperson" folder is what affects the 1st-person camera.  Any edits to the skeleton to change the camera view will only affect the viewpoint and would have no influence on weapon animations.

Are you using a mod that changes some aspects of bows/arrows or weapons in general?

Enhanced 3rd-Person Camera purposely does not change PosY (zoom) so you will either need to manually zoom the camera or go to Documents > My Games > Skyrim and open Skyrim.ini with Notepad.  Go to the [Camera] section and change the value for PosY. 

Giving a negative value (example: -20) will move the 3rd-person camera away from your character.  Use negative values to zoom back and positive values (example: 20, no need to add a "+") will zoom the camera closer to your character.

I edited the 1st-person camera so that the viewpoint should be at her eye-level, but in-game the camera will not move any lower than approximately 1-foot above her head.  That would be at chest height to an adult.  Once I find a solution, I will post it.

Hello Seiji-Chan

I mostly use the bow in 1st-person and I find that holding the mouse key long enough to completely draw the bow will make the arrows fly normally.  It's when I release the arrow before the draw animation is complete will cause the arrows to fall short of where you are aiming.  If you are fully drawing the bow and the arrows fall in front of you, I don't know what would the cause.

The skeleton.nif found in the "_1stperson" folder is what affects the 1st-person camera.  Any edits to the skeleton to change the camera view will only affect the viewpoint and would have no influence on weapon animations.

Are you using a mod that changes some aspects of bows/arrows or weapons in general?

Enhanced 3rd-Person Camera purposely does not change PosY (zoom) so you will either need to manually zoom the camera or go to Documents > My Games > Skyrim and open Skyrim.ini with Notepad.  Go to the [Camera] section and change the value for PosY. 

Giving a negative value (example: -20) will move the 3rd-person camera away from your character.  Use negative values to zoom back and positive values (example: 20, no need to add a "+") will zoom the camera closer to your character.

I edited the 1st-person camera so that the viewpoint should be at her eye-level, but in-game the camera will not move any lower than approximately 1-foot above her head.  That would be at chest height to an adult.  Once I find a solution, I will post it.

Thanks for the quick reply. I've read around and I see that people have that common issue where the arrows don't go far, but I'm positive my issue isn't the same... The arrow isn't falling short, it's going full speed at a 45 degree angle into the ground in front of me. I've tried everything, different bows, unequipping and reequipping, different arrows, full draw, half draw, etc etc, and there's no change. The arrows fly perfect in 3rd person, but as soon as a switch to 1st person, they fire down and into the dirt no matter what (I can aim high and they will go straight... but I can't aim at all that way, obviously).

I'm not using any mods whatsoever that change anything about arrows. I'm using Deadly Mutilation, but I don't think that should affect anything regarding arrow aim in 1st person.

Really stumped on this issue. :(

EDIT: Looks like it's not just my Monli character that's having the problem... Now I'm really confused.

My load order is...

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

SexLab.esm

ApachiiHair.esm

ZaZAnimationPack.esm

RaceCompatibility.esm

SkyUI.esp

unofficial skyrim patch.esp

alternate start - live another life.esp

character creation overhaul.esp

cco - diverse races and genders.esp

cco - dynamic skill progression.esp

skyrim improved magic system.esp

crimson tide - blood.esp

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

dD - No Spinning Death Animation.esp

DeadlyMutiliation.esp

hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp

ZaZAnimationPackConfig.esp

TavernClothes-MTM.esp

Clean Invisibility Effects plus Eyes Fix.esp

Monli.esp

Enhanced 3rd Person Camera.esp

CharacterMakingExtender.esp

EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp

SexLabDefeat.esp

RBS.esp

SexLabProcreation.esp

If you can't help, no worries... I don't think it's the Monli stuff that is causing the problem. I'm just clueless as to what's causing the issue. Guess it's time to take off one mod at a time to find the issue. >_<

It appears the crosshairs in 1st-person are not aligned with where the arrows are truly pointing.  What's strange is I have the same problem, but when using the bow in 3rd-person, 1st-person is perfectly fine.

I'll see if editing the 1st-person skeleton will provide some kind of solution.

Was this always happening or did it start happening recently.  If recently, what was added or removed (mods, scripts, and such) from your game?

I'm not really sure. I've been doing a lot of modding (just discovered SexLab and other mods on this site) recently, so it's hard to say. I don't typically go in game and fire a bow to make sure the mod didn't mess up bow aim, lol.

That's odd that you're having the opposite problem, though. I thought maybe something else was messing things up, but if you're having a similar issue maybe it does have something to do with this. I edited my post above, is there any mods we have in common?

Are you using BOSS to sort the load order.  If not, you can get from here.  https://code.google.com/p/better-oblivion-sorting-software/

Use the installer version.  Run BOSS Gui.exe and make sure to check the options like the one in this screenshot.

post-64505-0-55805200-1371942460_thumb.jpg

Click the RUN BOSS button and wait for the master list to update and your load order is rearranged.  A report should pop-up revealing the plugins that were recognized and arranged in the order and a separate list of plugins that were not recognized (these you will need to sort yourself).

Start your game and see if that made any difference.

I'm not really sure. I've been doing a lot of modding (just discovered SexLab and other mods on this site) recently, so it's hard to say. I don't typically go in game and fire a bow to make sure the mod didn't mess up bow aim, lol.

That's odd that you're having the opposite problem, though. I thought maybe something else was messing things up, but if you're having a similar issue maybe it does have something to do with this. I edited my post above, is there any mods we have in common?

My situation would be the result of modifying the xpms skeleton to be loli Monli size and made compatible with ECE and Dual Sheath Redux.

I just need to make some tweaks to fix the alignment.

I don't have most of the mods you have.  I try to limit anything that is script heavy and/or custom animations unless it adds major improvements to the vanilla game.

Gah, I was really hoping I'd feel dumb there and that would be the fix (I've used BOSS on New Vegas, but never ran it on Skyrim). Sadly... no change. Did running it fix your 3rd person arrow problem?

I would need to further edit female_skeleton.nif to fix the misaligned cross-hairs and arrows.