{UPDATE - 2014 July 06} Teen Monli Race

View File

Little Monli Race

A mysterious race only known for their small size, youthful appearance, and amazingly fast reflexes.

6z5HnlY.jpg

The little Monli race has been upgraded to teens. The changes are as follows:

• Teen scaling at x0.97
  • CBBE - TBBP nude bodies: Natural Slim and Natural Plump.
  • UNP Unified nude body (TBBP compatible).
  • 2 head mesh options: round-face and oval-face.
  • Screenshots added.

What has not changed:

• Original Monli nude, CBBE and UNP textures.
  • Original Hi-res tintmasks and Cute Designs face tattoos.
  • Edited XPMS Extended for the Monli race (with permission from Groovtama and xp32).
  • CME integration file (.ini) to make the Monli compatible with the CME morphs.
  • Dawnguard Crossbow Bolt quiver fix. I suggest first trying the fix available from XPMS Extended.
  • Bolt quiver fix for the Dread Crossbow mod.

What was added:

• HDT Physics Extension v14-28 by HydrogensaysHDT

UPDATE
(2014 July 06)
- Changed female scaling to x0.95.
- Edited the CBBE bodies to now use the Monli textures.

******* Required and Recommended Mods with Installation Order *******

REQUIRED MODS
1- Install First.
SKSE for Skyrim v1.9
http://skse.silverlock.org/

2- Install Second
Enhanced Character Edit with Character Making Extender OR Race Menu
ECE
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12951

RaceMenu
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624
3- Install Third
Little Teen Monli Race
- contains configuration files that will overwrite one or more ECE configuration files.

4- Install Fourth
- CBBE Texture Pack
LINK

OR

- UNP Texture Pack
LINK

RECOMMENDED MODS
1- Install Fourth
Grootama's XPMS Extended
- contains configuration files that will overwrite one or more ECE configuration files.
2- Install Fifth
Dual Sheath Redux
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34155

IMPORTANT: DSR uses BOSS to sort the load order before creating a Dual Sheath Redux Patch. If you wish to use Dual Sheath Redux, you will also need to install the latest version of BOSS.
https://code.google.com/p/better-oblivion-sorting-software/

Some people may have issues with BOSS ruining their load order and causing problems with their game. If it's possible, make a copy of the load order (as a TXT file) and if you think BOSS' rearranging of the load order is causing problems for you, after finishing making the DSR patch, compare the load order with the list (TXT file) and make the necessary changes. So far, I have not experienced any issues relating to BOSS.

3- Install Sixth
Chesko's Belt-Fastened Quivers 1.2 Release -ANIMATIONS ONLY-
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35717

4- Enhanced 3rd Person Camera (no installation order necessary)
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29990/
I recommend this if you need to make adjustments to the 3rd-person camera. Thank to Dinosaurus for recommending this.
Requires SKSE and SkyUI.

5- Customizable Camera (no installation order necessary)
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37347//?
An alternative to Enhanced 3rd Person Camera. The interface is simpler and does not offer options to edit the camera for different events, but if you prefer something straightforward and simple, try out Customizable Camera. Read the mod description page, Camera entries in Skyrim.ini is not required. Thanks to Spicycat for suggesting this one.
Requires SKSE and SkyUI

OPTIONAL
Fox Shop with Merged Armors by Smokermegadrive.
http://www.loverslab.com/topic/29836-foxmerged-2/
*** CREDITS ***

- Seren4XX and Radioragae for the Ashen Race (the base for the Monli race).
(Ashen Race) http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/8583/?

- Creator(s) of the Monli Race.

- Kashim for the edited Monli Race v2.1.

- XPMS by XP32 and XPMS Extended by Groovtama
http://skyrim.nexusm...m/mods/26800//?

www.loverslab.com/topic/25971-xp32-maximum-skeleton-extended/

HDT Physics Extension by HydrogensaysHDT
http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25488-hdt-physics-extension-v1428-latest/

- CBBE Body by Caliente
http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/2666/?

- CB++ by Stuffed_Bunny
http://skyrim.nexusm...om/mods/32731/?

- UNP Flatchest Body from CotS by Jiitek.
http://www.loverslab...ky-r2-upd-0902/

- UNP Unified by TAJocelyn
http://www.loverslab.com/topic/14974-unified-body/
- Fairskin textures by HHaley (original version)

- Paleskin textures by Estabien
http://skyrim.nexusm...om/mods/18470/?

- Univision Eyes by DD AKT
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14569

- Cute Designs Complexions by Cos76
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24154

- TBBP by Dragonfly0124
http://www.loverslab...n/?hl=dragonfly

(don't remember where I got these and can't find on Nexus)(who ever the authors are, thank you).

- Sophia Body and Face textures
- Nidia (whiteskin) Body and Face textures
- Pretty Girl Body and Face textures

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/25/2013
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE, SkyUI, Enhanced Character Edit or RaceMenu
  • Special Edition Compatible

Are the modified skeletons compatible with dual sheaths redux?  I've been trying to get the edited skeleton I'm working on to work with it, and the back weapons work but the alternate-side hip weapons are just impossible to place properly.  Annoyingly, the standard XPMS skeleton just reverses the sign on x, pitch, and roll and that works for it, but since I'm trying to modify the size of the weapons everything is suddenly a thousand times harder.  

I'm looking forward to the completed version of this.

This looks really good, I too look forward to the finished version.

I've been playing(pretty much exclusively) as and editing the old monli race for the past year/year and a half. Along the way I've made a few technical developments/advancements; as this is pretty much my favorite race I thought we might be able to combine our efforts...

*** UPDATE ***

Uploaded the CBBE Slim Flat body + textures.  This CBBE slim body uses the BREASTS slider in ECE to create a flatchest body when reducing her weight.

Uploaded the Cute Designs mod because it's hidden at Nexus.  Once it becomes available there, I'll the links to my copy.

*** UPDATE #2 ***

Changed the 4share link.  Now send you to the x117 Monli folder.

Are the modified skeletons compatible with dual sheaths redux?  I've been trying to get the edited skeleton I'm working on to work with it, and the back weapons work but the alternate-side hip weapons are just impossible to place properly.  Annoyingly, the standard XPMS skeleton just reverses the sign on x, pitch, and roll and that works for it, but since I'm trying to modify the size of the weapons everything is suddenly a thousand times harder.  

I'm looking forward to the completed version of this.

Hello Spicycat

I have not tested any of the weapons displacement mods, but that is on my To Do list.  I'll check out Dual Sheaths Redux and share with you my results.

This looks really good, I too look forward to the finished version.

I've been playing(pretty much exclusively) as and editing the old monli race for the past year/year and a half. Along the way I've made a few technical developments/advancements; as this is pretty much my favorite race I thought we might be able to combine our efforts...

Hello En_hawk

Sounds great, I don't mind the Monli race being a community project.  I'm looking forward to your work. 

I should tell you that I'm also working on a multi-race mod featuring most of the female Tera races.  I was planning on incorporating the Monli with the Tera race pack so that all races will inhabit Skyrim.  Just letting you know in case their might be unforseen issues.

Edited by PsychoMachina

hello ^^

at first , very much thx for this !

i have a problem with the hands , they are big and ya can really see a difference in color.

is there a solution for this ?

attachicon.gif2013-06-11_00003.jpg

thx 

little

Hello Littlebutmighty

If you have ECE then use the HANDS slider to reduce it's size.  The color difference is could be caused by the armor when it replaced my CBBE slim-flat body with it's own CBBE slim.  The texture that came with the slim-flat body does have a slight hand seam, but nothing like this.

I have that armor so I'll test some of my texture sets in an attempt to recreate the seams.

@Spicycat

You mentioned having problems scaling the weapons with a modified xpms skeleton.  Is this regardless of using Duel Sheath Redux?

I was able to scale the weapons and shield when in combat stance, but I don't have Dual Sheath Redux installed.  I do have it, it's not installed yet.

5l15a91xoqol5g34g.jpg

v65bujikfkhy1mr4g.jpg

Just wondering if the problem you're having is the scaling or is the scaling somehow affected by DSR.

Hello En_hawk

Sounds great, I don't mind the Monli race being a community project.  I'm looking forward to your work. 

I should tell you that I'm also working on a multi-race mod featuring most of the female Tera races.  I was planning on incorporating the Monli with the Tera race pack so that all races will inhabit Skyrim.  Just letting you know in case their might be unforseen issues.

Splendid! Let me just round up everything...

I've got a system for completely isolating a custom race from the vanilla head parts and assets, such that conflicts between content a user has installed for the vanilla races and the custom race are no longer possible. This implementation does cause a few minor issues with mods that add extra hair or eyes, but I've made custom edit scripts for tes5edit that automate pretty much the entire process, such that someone with zero experience with tes5edit can handle it.

I also have, along with the help of some other people, created a working automatic armor swapper. This was made pretty much exclusively for loli races, however there are likely many other possible applications. The main point is that a race integrated with this no longer needs custom armor forms made to utilize resized armor and clothing meshes, merely having the files in the proper folder and running the associated skyproc based patcher is enough. Internally it works the same way as the vanilla races do, by using unique races to configure the ARMA forms.

Finally, I've got a custom body that I've been working on for well over a year now; its weight slider compatible, has both cbbe and unp compatibility(I setup two UV maps in blender) along with the necessary textures, it's also got an older 'teen' version, plus several different skeleton morph setups.

I must admit that I'm pretty much completely inexperienced when it comes to CME and versions of ECE past 1.0, and my skeleton scaling experience has been limited to static scales applied in the skeleton file. I've been playing around with a custom race on my own, but I'm pretty much completely useless from a creative standpoint. If I could get the technical bits into the hands of someone such as yourself to make use of them that would seem to be the best solution, so if any of this sounds useful just let me know...

Hello En_hawk

Splendid! Let me just round up everything...

I've got a system for completely isolating a custom race from the vanilla head parts and assets, such that conflicts between content a user has installed for the vanilla races and the custom race are no longer possible. This implementation does cause a few minor issues with mods that add extra hair or eyes, but I've made custom edit scripts for tes5edit that automate pretty much the entire process, such that someone with zero experience with tes5edit can handle it.

I also have, along with the help of some other people, created a working automatic armor swapper. This was made pretty much exclusively for loli races, however there are likely many other possible applications. The main point is that a race integrated with this no longer needs custom armor forms made to utilize resized armor and clothing meshes, merely having the files in the proper folder and running the associated skyproc based patcher is enough. Internally it works the same way as the vanilla races do, by using unique races to configure the ARMA forms.

Finally, I've got a custom body that I've been working on for well over a year now; its weight slider compatible, has both cbbe and unp compatibility(I setup two UV maps in blender) along with the necessary textures, it's also got an older 'teen' version, plus several different skeleton morph setups.

I must admit that I'm pretty much completely inexperienced when it comes to CME and versions of ECE past 1.0, and my skeleton scaling experience has been limited to static scales applied in the skeleton file. I've been playing around with a custom race on my own, but I'm pretty much completely useless from a creative standpoint. If I could get the technical bits into the hands of someone such as yourself to make use of them that would seem to be the best solution, so if any of this sounds useful just let me know...

Okay, sounds great.  Do you need the finished race files?  We can start from there and make the necessary changes.

I'm making some moderate changes such as using a master file instead of a plugin and including both CBBE and UNP meshes and all of the textures to the core setup so that only a plugin is needed to use a particular body rather than installing the body separately.  This should make the process of creating followers and assigning different bodies and textures to NPCs easier and, in the case of the loli Tera races for example, I can assign a different body for each race and by installing a particular plugin, you can choose which race you want as your pc while still having those races in-game as NPCs.

Can something like this be incorporated into your system?

The Elin race uses a simpler system, but the body options are installed separately.  If you want, have a look to get an idea of what I'm planning on doing with the Monli race.

hello ^^

at first , very much thx for this !

i have a problem with the hands , they are big and ya can really see a difference in color.

is there a solution for this ?

attachicon.gif2013-06-11_00003.jpg

thx 

little

Hello Littlebutmighty

If you have ECE then use the HANDS slider to reduce it's size.  The color difference is could be caused by the armor when it replaced my CBBE slim-flat body with it's own CBBE slim.  The texture that came with the slim-flat body does have a slight hand seam, but nothing like this.

I have that armor so I'll test some of my texture sets in an attempt to recreate the seams.

goodday 

yes i def use Ece and for strange reason when im for example on Nord race the hand slider is there , if i go back to monli , it dissapears for some reason , most of the other sliders are still there , i think only shoulder and hand slider dissapear .... , im using unp tbbp x117 option btw .

greetz

little

goodday 

yes i def use Ece and for strange reason when im for example on Nord race the hand slider is there , if i go back to monli , it dissapears for some reason , most of the other sliders are still there , i think only shoulder and hand slider dissapear .... , im using unp tbbp x117 option btw .

greetz

little

That is strange.  The Hand slider is one of the sliders that is guarenteed to appear for any type of skeleton (vanilla, BBP, or TBBP).

Do you also have RaceMenu?  If so, that could be the cause.

Have you tried reinstalling ECE and RaceMenu (if you are currently using it)?

Okay, sounds great.  Do you need the finished race files?  We can start from there and make the necessary changes.

I'm making some moderate changes such as using a master file instead of a plugin and including both CBBE and UNP meshes and all of the textures to the core setup so that only a plugin is needed to use a particular body rather than installing the body separately.  This should make the process of creating followers and assigning different bodies and textures to NPCs easier and, in the case of the loli Tera races for example, I can assign a different body for each race and by installing a particular plugin, you can choose which race you want as your pc while still having those races in-game as NPCs.

Can something like this be incorporated into your system?

The Elin race uses a simpler system, but the body options are installed separately.  If you want, have a look to get an idea of what I'm planning on doing with the Monli race.

I'm not sure I follow you exactly regarding the multi body support; I'm assuming you intend to setup separate naked body armo/arma sets and assign them on a race/npc basis? If that is the case it should not interfere, however there is still the issue of UV mismatches for armor etc between races/npcs using different bodies.

I guess I'll go a bit more in depth on the various systems. For isolating the head parts there's two things to take care of; moving away from the vanilla formlists(which results in having to patch hair/eye mods to get them to work) and duplicating the vanilla art files and moving them into a separate folder, I've got both of these pretty much completely automated via script in tes5edit. The goal is to set the race up so that it doesn't use any nif/tri/texture assets in the vanilla locations, with a race configured in this way the end user is free to install/uninstall/destroy their data folder however they like and it will have exactly zero impact on the custom race, compatibility troubleshooting is no longer required. As i mentioned previously it involves making copies of all of the vanilla assets and setting them up in a new folder unique to the mod, any custom files are then applied on top of that, and any records referencing content from the vanilla locations need to be patched(or duplicated then patched in the case of records in skyrim.esm). I'm probably doing a bad job of explaining this, I'll send you a link to a mod I made that has all this implemented already so you can look at it.

Regarding the armor patcher, it takes surprisingly little modification to implement. Basically I've got it setup the same way as the vanilla races(in terms of race specific ARMA records), by not setting an armor race on the custom race and letting it act as its own armor race. Obviously this would break all armor normally as it isn't going to have the custom race defined on it, this is where the patcher comes in. It does virtually all the heavy lifting, generating a patch that adds race specific ARMA's to all clothing/armor in the load order, and if replacement models are found in a specified folder(with directory structure matching that of the main meshes folder) it swaps the paths automatically. The only downside at present is the patcher has to be manually configured for each race in the code for the patcher. That, and you need to remember to regenerate the patch every time you add/remove a mod.

I need to clean up and package a few things first, then I'll send you the work I've done with this stuff already implemented, hopefully it should explain things better.

@Spicycat

You mentioned having problems scaling the weapons with a modified xpms skeleton.  Is this regardless of using Duel Sheath Redux?

I was able to scale the weapons and shield when in combat stance, but I don't have Dual Sheath Redux installed.  I do have it, it's not installed yet.

Just wondering if the problem you're having is the scaling or is the scaling somehow affected by DSR.

Well, what I've been trying to do is make sheathed weapons appear at the same size as drawn weapons.  The idea that I sheath a sword and it suddenly grows 40% is a little silly to me.  The problem is that there's an offset built into the sheathed weapon meshes, which shifts them away from the node that they're attached to, and resizing the weapon resizes that offset and pulls the weapon into the thigh of the character.  To be clear: I'm altering the scale of the mount point, so that the sheathed weapon's size is changing.

I can easily counter the offset by making a master node for all the hip-sheathed weapons to attach to and moving it towards the side of the character, and that works for the normal weapons.  I did the same with the back nodes, making a master back weapon node for the sheath points to attach to.  The problem comes in with the alternate-side dual sheaths; with the offset shrunk and then countered by moving the nodes outward, simply reversing x, pitch, and roll does not reverse where the weapon lands.

It's really frustrating.  I've tried making an alternate-side offset node, but even then I've had to tinker with yaw/pitch/roll even after I got the x, y, and z fairly close.  Even more frustrating is that for some reason even if I alter the yaw/pitch/roll of the main sheath it doesn't actually rotate, which makes figuring out how to rotate the alternate sheathes even harder.

Maybe it would be better to just alter the drawn weapon size, so that a weapon in a child's hand is exactly the same size as it is in an adult's hand, and then move all the longer sheaths to the back?

Regarding the armor patcher, it takes surprisingly little modification to implement. Basically I've got it setup the same way as the vanilla races(in terms of race specific ARMA records), by not setting an armor race on the custom race and letting it act as its own armor race. Obviously this would break all armor normally as it isn't going to have the custom race defined on it, this is where the patcher comes in. It does virtually all the heavy lifting, generating a patch that adds race specific ARMA's to all clothing/armor in the load order, and if replacement models are found in a specified folder(with directory structure matching that of the main meshes folder) it swaps the paths automatically. The only downside at present is the patcher has to be manually configured for each race in the code for the patcher. That, and you need to remember to regenerate the patch every time you add/remove a mod.

I need to clean up and package a few things first, then I'll send you the work I've done with this stuff already implemented, hopefully it should explain things better.

armor patcher? i am not CK guru, but why not simple add ARMA record for custom race to ARMO? like it done for argonian and khajit in helmets?

so its dont break anything.

about mistmatch parts in armor - i recently saw wrong parts (hands mostly) for COTS, but if i set texture of naked COTS body/hands - its fix it.

Its also fixes weird bug (i guess its something wrong with mesh) with some armor like "Alir" in lolilabs/jiitek archive.

Bug appearing when you wear and unwear armor few times and see wrong body texture(astrid) instead of COTS.

@Spicycat

I installed Dual Sheath Redux and when I dual sheath swords, the one on the right hip is floating just above ground between her feet.  Can you send me your skeleton and I can use that to work on the sheath scaling.

If I use your skeleton and the displaced sword persists, I would not know what is the cause since I installed the mod correctly.  The other weapons and shields look fine in terms of placement.

EDIT:  I fixed the floating sword bug.  Moving on.

armor patcher? i am not CK guru, but why not simple add ARMA record for custom race to ARMO? like it done for argonian and khajit in helmets?

so its dont break anything.

about mistmatch parts in armor - i recently saw wrong parts (hands mostly) for COTS, but if i set texture of naked COTS body/hands - its fix it.

Its also fixes weird bug (i guess its something wrong with mesh) with some armor like "Alir" in lolilabs/jiitek archive.

Bug appearing when you wear and unwear armor few times and see wrong body texture(astrid) instead of COTS.

The ARMA records need to be added to every single ARMO in the game, including content added by mods. Far too tedious to do by hand, the patcher automates the process.

sorry, but maybe my english too bad to get you, so you just want to make copy of records for esp which will point to meshes in unique separate folder?

well maybe its save some time.

but some armor sets is not in meshes/armor section, some in meshes/clothes, some in meshes/random_name

i mean you solution will require some work by hand anyway.

Hello, 

I would like to add fair skin (sweat) or Sporty sexy skin to this mod which folder do I use to add those spec maps in?

Also cute designs seems to give me a COD is there any known mods that conflict with this one?

The spec maps, along with all texture files, go in Textures > Actors > Character > Monli > Female.

Cute Designs was meant to be used with the Ashen race so remove, or at least deactivate, CuteDesigns.esp - you would only need the BSA file.  Only use the plugin if you have the Ashen race installed.

If the crashing persists, check for any mods that would change, overwrite, or interfere with adding tintmasks (textures - complexions) to a race.

I'll try to release minor updates such as textures, followers, npc replacers, etc. until the main loli Monli race is done.

UPDATE #1 - 2013June14

Releasing some textures sets for the UNP flatchest body and posted screenshot.

The CBBE sets should be ready within the next 2 days.

I'm having a problem with the Monli Race.  Everytime I select the character in the Race Menu, the face is missing. It just shows eyes and teeth. Do you know what causes this? I swear I installed everything I needed to, even tho it was a major hassle trying to figure out all the steps, but i thought I got everything right. I need my faaaaace what did i do wrong? lol >_<

extensive testing with BOSS causes CTD, have used the main files, bodies and textures from other thread

I use BOSS and the only crashing I experience is when I load a save and this tends to happen after exiting and loading the game numerous time such as when testing edits or new mods.  Is it Monli-related?  I don't really know for sure, but I'm more inclined to disagree as this problem seems to have started after Skyrim updated to v1.9.

I'm having a problem with the Monli Race.  Everytime I select the character in the Race Menu, the face is missing. It just shows eyes and teeth. Do you know what causes this? I swear I installed everything I needed to, even tho it was a major hassle trying to figure out all the steps, but i thought I got everything right. I need my faaaaace what did i do wrong? lol >_<

Race Menu has compatibility problems with ECE.  The Monli will work fine with ECE only which is why I don't use Race Menu.

Try reinstalling ECE then the Monli Race.  If using NMM then reinstall ECE and Monli manually.  Chances are the head meshes and morph files were not installed or installed correctly.

If you are still experiencing problems with a missing head or if the head shows, but experiencing problems with the face morphs, the only option is to try ECE without Race Menu.

Uploading the CBBE Loli Texture set.  LL won't let me upload multi-part files so I'm adding them to Mediafire and 4share.  This will take awhile as the files equal over 200MB.

@Little_Sephy

I'll upload the complete Monli files to this thread.  The only other mods needed would be SKSE, ECE, and Cute Designs (link is in OP).

UPDATE #1:  Mediafire is choking on the files.  4share was successful and ready for download.  I'm going to break down the sets and upload to LL as separate files.

UPDATE #2:  Added the files as attachments.  These are not multi-part files which means each individual files needs to be extracted.