Mod Organizer + FNIS

Tepi

it becomes more strange... it works after i removed defeat...

Thats strange right ?

Yes, very strange, I used Defeat for a long time and never had that issue, and it doesn't have any files in common with SexLab to cause any conflicts. Maybe now SL's working you can reinstall it.

• 1 year later...

This procedure may seem a bit convoluted at first, but I find it to be very stable....

1) Download and decompress FNIS (Winzip/WInrar/7z)

2) Go to Skyrim main folder and create a new folder, naming it FNIS

3) Extract files only from FNIS WInzip/WInrar/7z to FNIS folder inside Skyrim, leave the "data" folder in the Decompr Utility alone for now

4) At this point Extract the previously untouched "data" folder to desktop

5) close decompr utility

6) Right click on data folder on desctop and select "add to archive"

7) Name archive: FNIS Data

8) Move archive FNIS Data to whatever folder you keep your downloaded mods

9) From MO start adding a new executable: a. for name I chose FNIS, b. binary is found in .../Mod Organizer/mods/FNIS/tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Users it's the only red icon .exe file name GenerateFNIS_for_Users.exe

10) Start FNIS from MO

see if this helps

From the comments I've seen by the mod author, the most common issue MO users seem to run into with FNIS is that they tried to manually install at least part of FNIS in the skyrim data folder instead of doing all of the install through MO.  MO doesn't like that (at least in the case of FNIS) and really there's no reason to ever put anything in your skyrim data folder if you use MO.  If you're using Steam, quickest fix would probably be to just delete everything in your data folder except the BSA files for the vanilla game + DLCs.  Or if you're unsure just delete the whole thing and then refresh your local files in Steam.

• 4 weeks later...

This procedure may seem a bit convoluted at first, but I find it to be very stable....

1) Download and decompress FNIS (Winzip/WInrar/7z)

2) Go to Skyrim main folder and create a new folder, naming it FNIS

3) Extract files only from FNIS WInzip/WInrar/7z to FNIS folder inside Skyrim, leave the "data" folder in the Decompr Utility alone for now

4) At this point Extract the previously untouched "data" folder to desktop

5) close decompr utility

6) Right click on data folder on desctop and select "add to archive"

7) Name archive: FNIS Data

8) Move archive FNIS Data to whatever folder you keep your downloaded mods

9) From MO start adding a new executable: a. for name I chose FNIS, b. binary is found in .../Mod Organizer/mods/FNIS/tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Users it's the only red icon .exe file name GenerateFNIS_for_Users.exe

10) Start FNIS from MO

see if this helps

Thanks so much! I'd been faffing all day trying to sort this issue and your solution worked for me :) Now very happy

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
23 hours ago, YukiSkyhawk777 said:

for some reason my sexlab animations are out of wack the female is in the male pose and the male is in the female pose when i use the sexlab debug spell

Doubt that has to due with MO or FNIS.. likely a setting in SExlab that is doing that.

Archived