Mod Organizer + FNIS

Tepi

So I've been struggling for a while now with FNIS and Mod Organizer not working together and starting to run out of ideas how to get it work. Also google is rather a dummy in this case. Which leads me to believe its not hard at all to get it to work. Problem seems to FNIS not using MOs virtual file tree as it doesnt see any mods(sexlab) nor the skeleton.

Any tips on getting it to work or should I just install FNIS + mods requiring it normally into Skyrims data folder?

• 2 weeks later...

FNIS works fine with mod organizer you just need to launch it from mod organizer. Same with Body slide, Boss, and the CK. Although with CK you can't browse for files because CK wont let you use files it thinks are out of place and it wont let you type in the location but you can change values in the esp.

You might want to check out this guide http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31499//? . Also all changed files will be found in Mod organizer's Overwrite directory.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So much MO interest.. even if this is a necro'd thread :P

Thanks, Devinshire, though I'm doing just fine running FNIS installed OUTSIDE of MO, but ran from MO.

Hi corespore, Rabblerouser.

I couldn't get it running myself in Mod Organizer. I got warnings when I pressed the big button, and then I Googled and it send me back to Loverslab.  :heart:  :blush:

So much MO interest.. even if this is a necro'd thread :P

Thanks, Devinshire, though I'm doing just fine running FNIS installed OUTSIDE of MO, but ran from MO.

Hi corespore, Rabblerouser.

I couldn't get it running myself in Mod Organizer. I got warnings when I pressed the big button, and then I Googled and it send me back to Loverslab.  :heart:  :blush:

Hi Ppl come here to see some information about FNIS then I saw this comments and I will try to help.

I did this to run FNIS inside MO: 

1. Install FNIS inside MO

2. Inside MO open the tab Plugins in Settings

3. Click on FNIS Checker and where you see both "enable" and "sensitive" double click in the "false" word and change to true, Click OK and close the MO. Restart MO (now MO knows about FNIS).

4.  Right Click on "Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS" in the left panel, select "open in explorer", inside tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users click the right mouse button with the shift key pressed in the "GenerateFNISforUsers" then select "Copy as path" 

5. Go inside MO and select "edit shortcut" write the title that you want mine is FNIS, and in the binary paste the previous copy without quotes ("), click Add button then OK.

6. Execute FNIS (click in its shortcut) and then check your overwrite folder, =) (you can make a a zip and load this inside MO as Patch if you wanna to clean your overwrite folder).

7. I hope I have helped =)

EDITED: Forget about that installation inside MO, I test more and besides FNIS work correct its take control on all the shortcuts from MO, so you can't use the others will all become FNIS, (i.e.: BOSS, CK, Bash shortcut open FNIS). I don't know why this bug is happen but I guess it's a problem in the read of the shortcuts in MO.

with #6.

I was aware of this however if you rerun the FNIS i believe it fills the Overwrite folder again correct? If so should I just delete the previous "patch" and zip a new one and place back into MO? I am sure this is a very simple question but the overwrite folder just confuses me to no end. I am used to doing everything the hard way.. In the past even having to manually install files and creating my own archive invalided file by manually inputting the files into a text file.. This easy stuff is too hard.. lol.

The answer to the above can be done with all items that are needed like FINIS records etc. Correct?

with #6.

I was aware of this however if you rerun the FNIS i believe it fills the Overwrite folder again correct? If so should I just delete the previous "patch" and zip a new one and place back into MO? I am sure this is a very simple question but the overwrite folder just confuses me to no end. I am used to doing everything the hard way.. In the past even having to manually install files and creating my own archive invalided file by manually inputting the files into a text file.. This easy stuff is too hard.. lol.

The answer to the above can be done with all items that are needed like FINIS records etc. Correct?

Forget about that installation inside MO, I test more and besides FNIS work correct its take control on all the shortcuts from MO, so you can't use the others will all become FNIS, (i.e.: BOSS, CK, Bash shortcut open FNIS).

I don't know why this bug is happen but I guess it's a problem in the read of the shortcuts in MO.

About the questions (if I understand well XP):

Every time you run FNIS (even with manual installation) the files will go to the overwrite folder and you will have to put in a zip file and install again in the MO.

But if you have a previous zip file installed you will have to delete that to install the new one.

This is valid for any app that do the same as FNIS and generate files in overwrite folder. i.e.: Wrye Bash, Creation Kit and Automatic Variants.

with #6.

Forget about that installation inside MO, I test more and besides FNIS work correct its take control on all the shortcuts from MO, so you can't use the others will all become FNIS, (i.e.: BOSS, CK, Bash shortcut open FNIS).

I don't know why this bug is happen but I guess it's a problem in the read of the shortcuts in MO.

Every time you run FNIS (even with manual installation) the files will go to the overwrite folder and you will have to put in a zip file and install again in the MO.

But if you have a previous zip file installed you will have to delete that to install the new one.

This is valid for any app that do the same as FNIS and generate files in overwrite folder. i.e.: Wrye Bash, Creation Kit and Automatic Variants.

Have you read through my thread? A hell of a lot of good questions asked and answered there, no shameless plug intended. I like your line of questioning.

If I can help you, let me know. I love a good challenge. B)

with #6.

Thanks that is what I suspected was true but wanted to be sure. Of course the various textures and other stuff that can go in the overwrite folder don't matter. I can always reload the mod again since I keep all the mods in the "download" folder anyway. Any that I use through MO that is.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the necro, but I just wanted to thank you guys. This thread saved me. Wouldn't someone bother to make this more known? I mean, lots of people use MO and it wouldn't take so much time to put it either to FAQ or Troubleshooting. 

I understand if you don't....

Um, have you seen this? (look at the FAQ)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello there, I´m a bit lost and confused. FNIS runs fine in Mod Organizer, it´s installed as it should, everthing is fine, I can dance, and sing.... but now after i installed Sexframework etc. When ever i start the game I get the message that FNIS hasn´t registert as it should - that Sexlab needs a specific version (of course i hvae it)... What could be the reson for that ?

I´m totally puzzled. Thank you for your help

Hello there, I´m a bit lost and confused. FNIS runs fine in Mod Organizer, it´s installed as it should, everthing is fine, I can dance, and sing.... but now after i installed Sexframework etc. When ever i start the game I get the message that FNIS hasn´t registert as it should - that Sexlab needs a specific version (of course i hvae it)... What could be the reson for that ?

I´m totally puzzled. Thank you for your help

Can you post your FNIS log?

Here you go:

FNIS Behavior V5.5   03.08.2015 02:23:21
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - H:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS (242 bones)   male: XPMS (242 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"

Reading Bathing in Skyrim V?.? ...
Reading Defeat V5  ( 0 furniture, 2 offset, 1 paired, 1 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading FNISBase V5.5 ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V5.3 ...
Reading MNC V?.? ...
Reading NonSexLabAnimationPack V2.7c ...
Reading SexLab V1.59c ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.59c ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack V6.07  ( 26 furniture, 29 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...
Generating animationsetdatasinglefile.txt ...

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading MNC V?.? ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.59c ...
mt_behavior usage: 20,2 %   ( 0 furniture, 31 offset, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations)
0_master usage: 1,6 %   ( 1 paired, 1 kill animations)

2738 animations for 9 mods successfully included (character)
 670 animations for 2 mods and 23 creatures successfully included.

0 possible consistence issues

Thank you for our fast answer

I´ll try that!

no, that didn´t help :(

Hmm, that's odd. Is Mod Organizer correctly placing the behaviour files in the overwrite folder? One thing you can do that's good practice anyway is run FNIS, right click on overwrite in MO, choose create mod, name it something like "FNIS (your profile name)", and activate the new mod. Then you can double click on the new mod and check the conflicts tab to see if anything's overwriting the generated files. You should be getting errors in FNIS if there are any non-FNIS behaviour files present though, so that's probably not it. Also make sure your skeleton is at the bottom of your left panel mods list or at least that there are no conflicts.

Beyond that I'm not sure, you might consider creating a new topic as the 'answered' flair might be keeping people away from this one.

Archived