Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ashen Followers

follower adoptable teen quest

• Please log in to reply
991 replies to this topic

flamebroiledham

flamebroiledham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I'm at the tower, and Lise's quest doesn't start for me. I've attempted the save/load trick that is detailed in the OP, but after talking with the guard the quest still doesn't start.

Open the console and do the following:
help betrayal 4 - this should return the baseID of QUST Betrayal at Caer Na Faille; then type the following:
setstage 10 - this should force the quest to progress to the next stage.
You might also run console unlock on the tower and interrogation chamber doors, if they don't get unlocked automagically.

Oh, cool, I'll try this when I get home. It doesn't look like the quest for the girl in the Winterhold College one is starting either. What's the name of the quest for that? And are there any other quests I should know about that I'll need to manually start?

I tried this, and while it seems to let me move forward in the quest, the actual quest never appears in my quest log, and doing things related to the quest never advances the stage. =/

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

myuhinny

myuhinny

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts
Spoiler

Ufo is needed for this mod if you want them to behave correctly Dianne doesn't have any conversation as well as a few others they just have generic voices either child or the more adult sounding like Lise and Caitlin have.

PrincessPeach

PrincessPeach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
I would like to say how much I love this mod.

I was expecting a mod to just give me a few followers, but I just recently finished Lise's quest and it was so very well done! The story was interesting and everything worked great!

myuhinny

myuhinny

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts
Will the new update from jiitek mess anything up I just saw that he has uploaded a newer version and going to go download it and check it out. Screenshots for it look awesome. Hopefully it has no conflicts or messes anything up. But if it does I always keep a zip of each old file just in case I need to go back to it.

*edit also looks like my follower list is going to be getting bigger there's also a Children of the Sky - Follower that adds three followers to the riverwood inn - Tia: tank -> greatsword - Yune: melee -> sword
- Nila: healer -> teddy-shield serana is so going back to the castle now.

kyods

kyods

走れ~!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

I tried this, and while it seems to let me move forward in the quest, the actual quest never appears in my quest log, and doing things related to the quest never advances the stage. =/

I'm assuming we are talking about Caitlin's quest now? I thought it might be so, pushing the quest stage manually forward causes some scripts not to trigger correctly. Something's bugged with your game, and I would say it's a good time to find and fix the cause, not the effect.

I would like to say how much I love this mod.

I was expecting a mod to just give me a few followers, but I just recently finished Lise's quest and it was so very well done! The story was interesting and everything worked great!

Thank you, I'm really happy you enjoyed Lise's quest. Feedback like this is a great motivation to move forward, and I appreciate your kindness.

Will the new update from jiitek mess anything up I just saw that he has uploaded a newer version and going to go download it and check it out.

It shouldn't. I have downloaded R2, but I haven't played the game with it yet, I'm fiddling with xvisionchildren.esp for the time being.

realhydra

realhydra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
so far my Ashen Followers v0.90 works fine with children of the sky R2

any way the INFO of R2 had mentioned
"there is a small problem where male adults using the wrong eye assets in character selection screen"

since I played female character...there has nothing to do with me.

Culn

Culn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi!
Really great mod, everything works great so far. One problem though, I told Lise to "Go Home" (Home in this case being Breeze run), and she just walked out of the city gates and was gone. Any idea where she's off to or how I can get her back?
I also just got the Vampire to follow me, but there doesn't seem to be any voice acting? Or is there a special sound mod, that I need?

kyods

kyods

走れ~!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Really great mod, everything works great so far. One problem though, I told Lise to "Go Home" (Home in this case being Breeze run), and she just walked out of the city gates and was gone. Any idea where she's off to or how I can get her back?

Thanks. When you dismiss your followers, they don't go to your home, but to the place where their sandbox package tells them to go, in the case of Lise it's her cave (Exile's Cave) in the Reach.

I also just got the Vampire to follow me, but there doesn't seem to be any voice acting? Or is there a special sound mod, that I need?

There isn't any voice acting. It's all in the FAQ in the initial post.

myuhinny

myuhinny

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts
Well I finally have my team of butt kickers set up the team is now 12 strong it contains everyone from this mod and Jiitek's new followers. I decided to not finish Lise's quest if I don't do it then Riordain will not disappear. Been trying to poke around ck to remove the players clothes on the ones that are nit pickers but it doesn't seem to stick. I know that I have done it before but can't remember if it was through ck or through npc editor so that once you removed their default clothing they started wearing everything. The updates must of changed what they will wear I remember where they use to wear whatever you gave them now most of them will only wear part of something so most are all wearing the same thing. I also tried changing the 3 followers so that they level with the player but nothing so far. Never knew till I went into ck that Assari and Kay were married/lovers. Posted pics of the whole team on Jiitek's thread. Riordain actually looks pretty good in the royal vampire outfit.

myuhinny

myuhinny

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts
Almost forgot I came across this mod awhile back and thought it might give you a idea for a follower if you decided to make anymore followers the site is in Russian as well as the mod it's self but the mod gives you a follower that is a butterfly/fairy that comes to you on load up and joins you she can transform from butterfly to human form and so forth. http://modgames.net/load/251-1-0-13709

kyods

kyods

走れ~!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Almost forgot I came across this mod awhile back and thought it might give you a idea for a follower if you decided to make anymore followers the site is in Russian as well as the mod it's self but the mod gives you a follower that is a butterfly/fairy that comes to you on load up and joins you she can transform from butterfly to human form and so forth. http://modgames.net/load/251-1-0-13709

Interesting, thanks. I would definitely be interested in taking a peek at the scripts, but I'm not sure this is going to happen.

Culn

Culn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Thanks. When you dismiss your followers, they don't go to your home, but to the place where their sandbox package tells them to go, in the case of Lise it's her cave (Exile's Cave) in the Reach.

There isn't any voice acting. It's all in the FAQ in the initial post.

Thanks, found her. Though I swear she wasn't there when I first checked the cave. Probably takes a few days for her to go there. Is there any way to change the sandbox package via CK, so I could tell her to accept one of my places as home?

kyods

kyods

走れ~!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Is there any way to change the sandbox package via CK, so I could tell her to accept one of my places as home?

You can either modify a00LiseSandboxPackage, or use this: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18045

Angel9999l7

Angel9999l7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
hello, this mod don't work with cjildren of the sky R2, when it do a ctd when i start skyrim when the esp is on.

kyods

kyods

走れ~!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

hello, this mod don't work with cjildren of the sky R2,

This statement is not true, and you can find proof in this very thread. Your load order is wrong or you are missing a master, but the sparse information you left leaves very little room for troubleshooting.

WaxenFigure

WaxenFigure

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts

hello, this mod don't work with cjildren of the sky R2, when it do a ctd when i start skyrim when the esp is on.

Re-read the initial post (yes, I know, its a whole wall of words, but it does help to know what to expect) it addresses the CTD problem which is a byproduct of having too many hair mods installed at once (why hair mods cause the problem is anyone's guess). Find what hair you want to use and load only the mod for it and you will have less difficulty.

If you still get CTD, then start as a generic race and use the "showracemenu" console command or one of the alternative mods to try changing after the initial parts (finding a nice well lit empty room somewhere makes it easier).

myuhinny

myuhinny

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts
Spoiler

I never ever had a crash on start up from too many hair mods only from trying to use the showracemenu either that or a bunch of lag that makes you think it froze but didn't it just needs time to load all those hairs.

Ctd could be caused by load order mod conflicts missing files. I would try unzipping the ashen follower mod and manually adding the files to your game folder and make sure the esp is turned on. Did you just download skychildren the new update or did you have it already installed and played it with it active? If you just downloaded it and then this one and activated both in nmm then that right there would be the problem skychilren is not nmm compatible you need to manually unzip skychildren and manually add the files from the main folder to your game folder and also add the dawn guard and hearthfire patches as well if you have those installed. I believe there is a nmm version posted in the thread if you want one that works with nmm.

bojeefus

bojeefus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
Anyone have this problem before? I found Dianne's tower and her bodyguards are there and seem normal, but Dianne is lying dead in her room. I did placeatme with her refid and she appears and immediately drops dead.

I found and had no problems with Katja, Airi and Caitlin (havent looked for the others yet)

WaxenFigure

WaxenFigure

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts

Anyone have this problem before? I found Dianne's tower and her bodyguards are there and seem normal, but Dianne is lying dead in her room. I did placeatme with her refid and she appears and immediately drops dead.

I found and had no problems with Katja, Airi and Caitlin (havent looked for the others yet)

How much garlic are you carrying? Do you have a custom armor or necklace with a cross on it?

uguu123

uguu123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

its just translated mod, origin mod link is below - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22542
i guess most of this mods just transation of nexus, more funny to read that you need permission for publishing this translated mod.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: follower, adoptable, teen, quest