Fomm - Custom Build - 0.14.11.13

On 5/23/2019 at 1:01 PM, Apexfox said:

I cant seem to uninstall a fomod the fmm crashes every time and I tried deleting fmm and reinstalling it but nothing fixes this.

1. the first thing you need to do with any FOMM issue is to make sure you clean out your Temporary Files CCleaner does a good job or you can manually go and find the folder and delete it if you know what you are doing.
  2. are you using a local FOMM or the install version.
  3. are you 100% sure you install said mod with FOMM?
  4. Where is FOMM installed to? (hopefully not the programs folder)

I might not have any more info but these are questions I can see someone needing if they are going to attempt helping you.

• 1 month later...

I get this everytime i try and Load FOMM 
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\FOMM\data\FalloutNV\InstallLog.xml' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)
   at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog.Save()
   at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog.Load()
   at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog..ctor()
   at Fomm.PackageManager.ModInstallLog.InstallLog.get_Current()
   at Fomm.Program.Main(String[] args)

On 11/9/2019 at 4:01 AM, dborg2 said:

You installed FOMM into program files.. Don't install Fallout New Vegas or FOMM into program files. Windows *protects*  those folders, breaking things.

and in order to "fix" things you need to run FOMM as an Administrator. This isn't good. Also doesn't always fix things either.

I prefer to install FOMM (or my current mod manager) in one of two locations. If the manager is going to manage multiple games. I install it in the root of the game drive I.E. D:/FOMM or if it only managing the act ual game.. then in the game folder.  This seems to be the most easiest and stable of the options to use.

17 minutes ago, camcrocker said:

how do i download mods to it?

You don't.  There is no function to download mods to it.

You have to download the mod, then select it to install There are videos on the web on how to install mods using FOMM.  If you want a manager that can download to it.. then Nexus's one (forget the name now) and Mod Organizer. Wit that you can use an account and download to the mod manager. None work to download Lovers lab mods.

• 10 months later...

Decided to delete New Vegas and redownload all mods on FOMM. Unfortunately, I can't get the anycpu version of FOMM working. I can get the 32bit working no problem, but want to use anycpu as it's more up to date. I've cleared out temporary files and made sure it wasn't installed in program files.  It's downloaded, but not opening on my computer (I use windows 10). I've used ModOrganizer 2 in the past, but deleted it because I've heard it conflicts with FOMM. Any help would be appreciated.

Redownload, perhaps bad download.

FOMM doesn't conflict with MO.... YOu can do all you want with Mod Organizer now. No need to use FOMM. If you want to use FOMM created an exe and use it through Mod Organizer and the resulting files will drop into your overwrites folder and you can create a mod from that.

update.

I downloaded it and extracted it to get the FOMM.exe and it appears to be accessable. CAn't try it on this computer as it .exe won't work

10 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

Redownload, perhaps bad download.

FOMM doesn't conflict with MO.... YOu can do all you want with Mod Organizer now. No need to use FOMM. If you want to use FOMM created an exe and use it through Mod Organizer and the resulting files will drop into your overwrites folder and you can create a mod from that.

update.

I downloaded it and extracted it to get the FOMM.exe and it appears to be accessable. CAn't try it on this computer as it .exe won't work

Gotcha, thanks a bunch man. I just was paranoid of Prideslayer's warning about you NEED his FOMM for NX16 to work properly.

11 minutes ago, JosephJoestar4Life said:

Gotcha, thanks a bunch man. I just was paranoid of Prideslayer's warning about you NEED his FOMM for NX16 to work properly.

He as been inactive here for a long time. At the time he mentioned that he was 100% true as many other managers wasn't proven to work properly but last I tried a long time ago MO was solid in this regard. If you are double concern, use the manual method and place the resulting file directly into the mods folder in MO yourself. Make sure the file structure is correct and you should be good to go. (I'd check the file manually once installed to be sure it was there if concerned first before doing that extra work)

I forget the mod that helps unify the huds so that they can work properly. That was needed or the old fix was using FOMM to install them all at once (one after another) then getting those files from the overwrite. That is the only reason to have FOMM last I checked. If you use that mod, then you don't need it. That or don't use HUds.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello lovely people!

So I got around to re-installing Fallout New Vegas and the host of mods that I'd played with previously... I got around to needing to install NVSE Extender (NX) and such required I also install the custom FOMM build. I'd been using FOMM previously so I was [somewhat?] familiar with how it works. However, when I try and make use of this custom one, I get this error and the crash dump as followed:

An error occurred while scanning your fomods for new versions.
As long as it wasn't too bad, a crash dump was saved in [rada rada rada - directory]

Wednesday, February 17, 2021 - 9:28:14 PM
Fomm 0.14.11.13
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0

System.ArgumentException: Extension "fomod" is not a supported archive file name extension.
   at SevenZip.Formats.FormatByFileName(String fileName, Boolean reportErrors)
   at SevenZip.FileChecker.CheckSignature(String fileName, Int32& offset, Boolean& isExecutable)
   at SevenZip.SevenZipExtractor.Init(String archiveFullName)
   at Fomm.PackageManager.Archive..ctor(String p_strPath)
   at Fomm.PackageManager.fomod..ctor(String path, Boolean p_booUseCache)
   at Fomm.PackageManager.Upgrade.UpgradeScanner.Scan()

I am unsure why the normal FOMM is working but this custom one is not. I got the custom installed in my D drive with the games but yeah, system is just not wanting a bar of it.

Anyone able to offer some assistance please? :)

• 8 months later...

Yep, getting the same issue here. Apparently isn't recognizing .fomod as a valid file extension, and I've got no idea how to solve that.

19 October 2021 - 00:22:12
Fomm 0.14.11.10

System.ArgumentException: Extension "fomod" is not a supported archive file name extension.
   at SevenZip.Formats.FormatByFileName(String fileName, Boolean reportErrors)
   at SevenZip.FileChecker.CheckSignature(String fileName, Int32& offset, Boolean& isExecutable)
   at SevenZip.SevenZipExtractor.Init(String archiveFullName)
   at SevenZip.SevenZipExtractor..ctor(String archiveFullName)
   at Fomm.PackageManager.Archive..ctor(String p_strPath)
   at Fomm.PackageManager.fomod..ctor(String path, Boolean p_booUseCache)
   at Fomm.PackageManager.Upgrade.UpgradeScanner.Scan()

This one is from the 32bit version, but I get the same log in the anycpu version.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2021 at 11:23 PM, NERD_NATO said:

Yep, getting the same issue here. Apparently isn't recognizing .fomod as a valid file extension, and I've got no idea how to solve that.

This one is from the 32bit version, but I get the same log in the anycpu version.

I am having this same issue

Thursday, August 11, 2022 - 3:20:23 PM
Fomm 0.14.11.13

System.ArgumentException: Unrecognized file format.
Parameter name: p_strPath
   at Fomm.PackageManager.FomodBuilder.FomodFromSourceBuilder.BuildFomodFromSource(String p_strPath)
   at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.AddNewFomod(String p_strPath)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

10 hours ago, kahleygirl said:

I am having this same issue

Thursday, August 11, 2022 - 3:20:23 PM
Fomm 0.14.11.13

System.ArgumentException: Unrecognized file format.
Parameter name: p_strPath
   at Fomm.PackageManager.FomodBuilder.FomodFromSourceBuilder.BuildFomodFromSource(String p_strPath)
   at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.AddNewFomod(String p_strPath)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

at this day and age, I'd advise switching over to Mod Organizer 2. this mod manager hasn't been updated in 8 or more years

4 hours ago, kahleygirl said:

Thanks, would there be a benefit to using that over something like Vortex?

Vortex is also better as FOMM. Personally I don't like Vortex, because it gives me less control over load orders and installation orders.

But if you are a new-to-moderate mod-user than both are fine.

• 10 months later...
7 minutes ago, MorningDance1997 said:

I just reinstalled fallout new vegas because my game was running too slow for my tastes so i did an entire wipe of fnv by uninstalling it and deleting everything left and reinstalled it and the fnv .bsa and stuff arent appearing, anyone know why this is happening?

Ok, I found out why this was happening, when I reinstalled it installed on my C drive and not my E drive which is where I was directing FOMM to

hey, im trying to boot up FOMM but when i do it just.. doesnt. when i check in task manager it appears for a second before disappearing
when i click "run as administrator" it asks for permission for fomm to change stuff and it still doesnt work even if i press yes
this happened after i uninstalled FNV and deleted all my mods from it then moved my fnv install folder from my C drive to my E: drive